Chapter Fourteen

Smoke & Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I guess I am finally losing it; I have been pacing back and forth for a solid 15 minutes now trying to grab my courage to knock on the damn door. I mean he is my boyfriend for god’s sake just knock on the door. I sighed loudly grabbing my hair in frustration as I knocked lightly cursing that guy I call boyfriend and waited for him to open but he didn’t so I knocked a little louder this time. When nobody opened I just ringed the bell and stood there fidgeting kicking my feet to the ground, then I heard footsteps coming from inside making me more nervous as I waited to see his face. However, as the door opened I was greeted by his brother’s face who looked not so pleased the moment he saw me. I was actually surprised that he is here since Kai said they were not talking. Maybe they made up the past couple of days, and maybe that is why Kai was busy.

 “Oh, it’s you.” He smiled but I knew it was not sincere and I am getting confused as to why this guy seems to hate me so much. Nevertheless, I smiled back asking as politely as I could “Hi! Is Kai here?” He looked back inside and then back at me “Yeah, he’s in here.” He said not moving an inch and I was getting frustrated “Can I see him then?” his expression turned dark before getting back to normal again as he went back in leaving the door open so I took this as a yes and got in.

 “Jongin you have a guest.” I heard him call for his brother as I got inside and settled myself on the couch waiting for him. Then my eyes perked up the minute I heard his voice coming probably from his room “Who?”. Jongmin looked at me and sighed “Your lovely girlfriend.” Then he smiled at me, man this is somehow scary. Seconds later I could hear Kai’s footsteps coming closer and I stood up getting ready to greet him, but my eagerness soon crashed to the floor as I looked at Kai’s darkened face. I shouldn’t have come here. Too bad I realized that so late.

 “What are you doing here?” my shoulders fell looking at him incredulously, and I wanted to pull his hair out to try to put some sense into his mind but his brother spoke first saying he has to go somewhere and left us alone. Kai’s piercing eyes were still looking at me and I let out a tired sigh “I came to see if you’re alive Kai.”, he swallowed then looked away and said  curtly “I’m fine…” his hands went up messing his already perfectly messed hair, don’t do that please, then it went back to his sides “You really need to leave.”. I couldn’t just comprehend what he said I just looked at him but when he didn’t budge I smiled bitterly “You’re really something.” I said fighting my tears so hard “Just when I thought we were fine.” Shaking my head, I grabbed my bag from the couch and gave him one last look before dashing out the door holding back my tears.  

 I don’t know where I was going me feet just walked on its own and the tears I tried so hard to hold back are finally out making everything blurred but when I realized where I actually am, I stopped walking looking around the narrow ally I know like the back of my hands. I swallowed hard and started moving forward, all the memories came back into my mind again, and for a second a face flashed in my mind before someone grabbed both my hands from behind and put a hand on my mouth. I could not scream or move or do anything, all my mind was thinking is that the murderer finally found me and I am definitely going to die. His head got closer to my ear as he whispered to me “This is your last warning.” I know this voice. Then in a blink of an eye, he pushed me violently making my head bang into the wall and I fall into the ground, the only thing I could see before I fell into complete darkness was his back.

 “Miss! Miss wake up! Can you hear me?” I blinked trying to move but that was such a bad idea, I felt a sudden sharp pain shooting through my head and I let out a painful groan. “Miss are you okay? What happened?” my eyes finally opened and I saw a lady kneeling down next to me looking worried, I reached my hands out asking her to help me up, but that was a very good idea either because the moment I stood up my head got super dizzy and my knees gave in as I fell back to the ground. That woman spoke up again “You need to get to the hospital! I’ll call an--” I held her hands before she could call an ambulance shaking my head.

“No need to.” I said as I tried to stand up again, I’m scared if I went there they will ask lots of questions and I didn’t want anything to do with that guy anymore, in fact I wish I could vanish. “But your head is bleeding!” I looked at her and gave her a smile “Don’t worry I’ll manage.” I picked up my things and looked at her “Thank you for helping.”, she didn’t really seem convinced and shook her head “Are you sure? did someone try to do anything to you? You should call the police too!” I shook my head again “Just help me get a taxi, eih?” she nodded unsurely still looking at me then she took my head and led me to main street, just then I let out a breath I never knew I was holding, I’m finally out of that hell-like place. She called a taxi for me and I thanked her before getting on. The day I though was going to be fluffy turned out to be one of the worst days of my life.

 

Kai’s POV

 I watched as she walked out slamming the door behind her, I ran a hand through my and grabbed whatever my hand could reach throwing it across the room letting out a frustrated groan before I sank to the floor with my head between my hands. Everything seems to be crumbling down and I absolutely won’t blame her if she decided not to ever see me again, after all who would put up with someone as messed up as me, and mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter