Chapter Fifteen

Smoke & Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Kai’s POV*

 

I couldn’t sleep all night, I was only watching her sleeping in my arms praying to God that she doesn’t have one of those nightmares again. Guilt was eating me alive, I wish I could make her forget everything that happened, I wish we never met. Maybe none of us will be hurting like this, maybe I will not be waiting for that dreadful moment when I have to choose between her and my brother. My so-called-brother.

 The sun started to light the room slightly through the curtains and she was still sleeping peacefully and I was still holding her tight in my arms. Her face shone in the light and upon seeing her scar I could feel my heart clenching and anger rising in my chest, it’s all because of him. My hands moved on its own reaching for that scar touching it ever so lightly, she flinched and stirred slightly.

“I’m sorry”.

“Did I wake you?” I asked as she opened her eyes lazily then she shook her head stretching her arms. “Did you sleep well?” she nodded then turned her body and buried her face in my chest “Thanks to you.” She whispered.

“I love you.”

“Do you want to do something today?” I asked as I ran my fingers through her hair, it smells good. I smiled to myself then looked down at her. She looked at me with her round brown eyes asking “Like what?”

“I don’t know, let’s go on a date.” I could see her eyes brighten up and she smiled widely “Sounds good.” I ruffled her hair then sat up straight “Let me go home first and we will meet later, I can’t go out looking like this.” I said pointing at my blood stained t-shirt and messy look. She hummed sleepily “You could bring some spare clothes for any emergencies later.” Smirking I leaned back down “Oh, we got to that step already?" I leaned in more but she pushed me back “Ew, go wash first.” She pulled away the blankets heading for the bathroom “And don’t even dream about it.” She said without looking at me leaving me with a smile on my face.

 

 When I got back home, I found my brother sitting in his room holding his head in his hands. I could feel anger rising up in my chest as I breathed fast and in one fast move I was on top of him “Thank God she’s okay, because if anything happened to her I would have killed you.” Surprisingly, he didn’t to fight me off and suddenly he started to cry saying “Sorry” over and over again. I got off of him and sat on the bed trembling, it was my first time seeing him like this. So completely broken and desperate.

“I didn’t know what to do! I was trying to protect us. As you said we only have each other.” He stopped and looked at me “I’m sorry! I’m sorry…” then he leaned on my and cried on my shoulders, and I could feel my cheeks getting wet with my own tears. I put my hand on his shoulder patting him slowly reassuring him that it is okay. “Hyung, I’m sorry too. I didn’t want you to get into more trouble. You should know that killing her would not solve anything! Please hyung stop this.”

He leaned back wiping his tears nodding “You’re right. I was blinded by hatred. Listen Jongin, I need to get away from everything and everyone; I need to reflect on the things I’ve done. I need time to think, okay? I’ll be away for a while, so don’t worry.” I was getting confused, why is he saying this unexpectedly “Where are you going?” “To our home in Busan, I need to be as far away as possible, don’t look for me!” I looked at him unsurely “Don’t worry I’ll be back. I’ll be back as a better guy.” I nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter