Chapter Twelve

Smoke & Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                              

 A/N: I changed the kiss scene at chapter 11 you should check it out before reading^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

✤ Hana

 

Everything happened so fast, that my mind went completely blank the moment I felt his soft like cotton lips move against mine. I almost forgot how to breathe, but when I felt him tugging at the fiber of the dress, I finally snapped back to reality. He is kissing me. With that thought in my mind, I kissed him back circling my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him, everything around me was mute and all I could hear was the sound of my rapidly beating heart. It was a gentle, warm yet passionate kiss and I could feel all his emotions pour into me with that one kiss. He pulled away but he still held me firmly in his arms with his forehead against mine, I was a little embarrassed with my eyes still closed smiling slightly to myself. "You look beautiful," he whispered, and I felt my cheeks heat up, finally I opened my eyes and looked back at him smiling and mumbling a quiet "thanks". His hand reached up and caressed my cheeks, smiling genuinely. It always left me awe-struck when he smiled, because he looked so beautiful with his lips curled up and the wrinkles around his eyes. I tilted my head up and gave him a quick peck on the lips, then turned away quickly moving past him to hide my embarrassment, but that slight look of surprise that crossed his face didn't go unnoticed by me. Seconds later he caught up with me sliding his hand in mine as we walked to nowhere in particular, we just enjoyed walking around hand in hand just the two of us instead of that noisy crowded party. Somehow I didn't feel guilty for leaving Min anymore, she probably wouldn't notice me being missing anyway. That's how the rest of the night went until we reached my place, and I felt kind of disappointed that the night ended so quickly and I almost invited him in before deciding against it. Almost.

We stood facing each other. Basically, me watching him scratching his neck seemingly fighting with himself trying to find the right words to say. But when he didn't say anything I sighed and tugged at his hands smiling a little, maybe he still needs more time. "You should go now." I told him and he nodded, but didn't move and gave me one of those unreadable looks again. Slowly he leaned in, both his hands were cupping my cheeks once again as his lips touched mine in what seemed like a soft kiss at first, slowly gaining passion. I guess he doesn't have to speak.

 

I woke up the next day feeling overwhelmed, I'm still not sure if what happened yesterday was real or just another silly dream. But he did kiss me, and I kissed him back and I loved it, but what does that make us? What are we now? Was it as sincere as it felt or was it just something that happened on the spur of the moment? My mind was filled with so many questions, and being the over-thinker I am, I was afraid and so nervous. What if he ignored me again? What if he wasn't really in his mind yesterday and today he will come to realize that this is all wrong? I think I should just avoid him because I won't be able to deal with rejection. And just like that, I ruined that perfect moment of yesterday, and now I feel so distressed as I was walking through the campus. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand intertwining with mine and a soft voice greeting me whispering in my ears, I looked at him then back at our hands then at him again I greeted him back slightly confused, what is he do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter