A Part of My Past

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

[Five years later]


HyeYoung sat in the airplane and looked out the window. It had been several years since she had last been in Seoul. She was finally returning home.

With a sigh, she realized she would miss Chicago.

HyeYoung had lived there for five years to attend university, and to forget HyunJoong.

Often, she would have dreams of him and they tortured her. HyeYoung missed him, but learned that education was more important than the treacherous game of love.

She remembered high school: the students, the teachers, the classes, but most of all, HyunJoong.

She turned to see a young man wearing sunglasses and a beanie. He was bundled up like as if he was trying to hide his identity. HyeYoung smiled at him and turned to the window once more.

‘This time’, she thought, ‘I won’t think of you HyunJoong. You were a part of my past and now I must look towards the future.’ After thinking this, HyeYoung shut her eyes and fell asleep.

The man took off his scarf, beanie, and long coat. The only thing he left on was his sunglasses. He looked at the young girl next to him.

Why had she smiled at him? Had she recognized him? No, he thought, if she had, she would have already asked him. He felt a head plop on his shoulder and turned to see the girl’s eyes shut.

Usually, he would have pushed her to the other side, but when he saw her peaceful face, he thought otherwise. Smiling, he too shut his eyes and his head fell on hers.

HyeYoung awoke to the bright sunlight and felt someone’s head on hers. It was that man's. She looked at her watch and the time was 7 in the morning. Only two more hours and she would be in Seoul.


“We have now arrived in Seoul. Thank you for choosing Korea Airlines.”


HyeYoung and the man woke up, bumping their heads into each other. She blushed and apologized. He put his scarf and beanie back on. The two helped each other with their luggage. Once out of the plane, the man waved at HyeYoung and walked off in another direction. HyeYoung pulled her suitcase as she walked in the airport. Home at last.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for it being so short ^^. Hope you guys liked it. Pleasee comment so I can update again. I think I'll update again today, and this time it'll be a much longer chapter :)