Just Friends?

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

A tear fell down Jaejoong’s cheek. He had seen everything. From the encounter to the kiss.

If only he had stopped her and told her how he felt.

She had been right in front of him the WHOLE time! He had managed to catch up with her, but like the fool he was, he had just followed behind quietly. Now he knew that there was no room for him in her heart. He had always had the worst luck when it came to love. Always. But what could he do about it? It was like he was meant to be alone for the rest of his life.



HyeYoung laughed at seeing HyunJoong make a blowfish face. She socked his shoulder, smiling as she did. "Stop being so childish."

"Waeyo? Do you not like it?"

"I'm kidding. I haven't seen your smile in such a long time."

"The same, I missed you so much."

They were both sitting down on the bench, under the tree, looking up at the stars that shone in the dark. HyeYoung felt strange as she had her eyes closed. Was the decision she had taken the right one? Had she taken the right path?



 

Jaejoong walked into his apartment, already knowing someone would jump out at him, most likely Changmin, demanding food. But right now was not the moment for this. His head clung down as he took each step.

"Hyung!"

Jaejoong looked up, not amused.

"Yah, what’s the matter with you?" Yoochun put down the newspaper he was trying to learn English from, upside down.

Jaejoong stretched his lips into a fake smile, "I'm going to be in my room."

"Okay then..."


After hearing the door close, all four boys huddled together.

"Does this mean hyung’s not going to make us food?"

"Changmin, that’s not the important thing here right now!" Yoochun sighed, annoyed at the maknae's impatience.

"Mian..."

"Could this have anything to do with HyeYoung...?" Yunho clutched the pillow tightly against his chest as he pondered aloud.

Xiah laughed, "Yah, they're just FRIENDS."

"I think there’s something more..." Yunho stated.

Yoochun sighed. "I haven't seen Jaejoong like this ever since..."

"Yuri-shi!" All boys said at the same time, remembering everything clearly.



 

HyunJoong smiled as he opened the door to his apartment. He hadn't felt this happy since a long time.

Four boys were sitting on the couch, waiting anxiously.

"Where."

"Were."

"You?"

HyunJoong raised his eyebrows, slightly amused. "Um, nice to see you guys too..."

"Yah, HyunJoong! You better have a good excuse why you didn't come home last night." KyuJong crossed his arms.

HyunJoong laughed, "What's the big deal? You guys won't believe what happened to me to--"

Jungmin stood up. "The manager got pissed that you weren't here. Did you forget what we were supposed to do today?"

HyunJoong had no clue. He then mentally kicked himself. "Oh--!"

"Yeah. The photo-shoot. Smooth move."

"Mianhae...I forgot..."

Youngsaeng sighed, "It's alright. As long as you're okay."

HyungJoon suddenly frowned, “Yeah, we heard what happened to the restaurant.”

“Oh that?”

“Why are you smiling? Didn’t you get robbed??”

HyunJoong brushed his hair back as he smiled. “I-I met this girl…”

“No Way!” All four boys plopped on the floor with their pillows. “Tell us EVERYTHING!”

“Pabos. Long story short, I found my first love.”

“OMO, chincha??”

“Lucky, you have a girlfriend.” HyungJoon pouted as he dropped his head to the floor, wondering when he’d ever be in love.

“HyungJoon, don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll meet someone special too.”

HyungJoon’s eyes lit with hope.

“Not in a million years!” Jungmin threw a half eaten baby carrot at him as he chuckled.

“I’m going to sleep now you guys. We need to rest. It’s Thursday and Music Bank’s on Saturday.”

“Araso, Araso.” The boys said monotonously as they walked off to their rooms to go to sleep. There was no arguing with the group leader.


 

HyeYoung sighed as she rested her head against the silky grass beneath her. She had her sweater on to keep her warm from the cold breeze in the dark night.

 

Her phone buzzed on the floor and she reached for it, seeing a message had been sent to her.

 

 


I’ll pick you up tomorrow to have breakfast at my place :)

-HyunJoong <3


 

She smiled, feeling happy at receiving a message from HyunJoong. But then she thought of Jaejoong and remembered how she had left his house after they had almost—kissed.


Had he felt the same way as she did? Or was it all on accident? Oh, she had no clue. Her heart was beating, that was for sure, but for who? HyunJoong or Jaejoong; first love or new one? Before she knew it, her fingers were already dialing Jaejoong’s number to call him.

 

“Ye-Yeobosayo.” His voice sounded tired like as if he had just woken up.

“Jaejoong oppa?”

“HyeYoung??”

“Ye.”

“Why are you calling so late…it’s 1 in the morning.”

“Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah.” Jaejoong wanted to say no, that his heart hurt more than ever, but he knew that she wouldn’t be able to do anything for him. She wouldn’t understand.

“Oh that’s good. You should go back to sleep now.”

“I don’t know if I even can.”

“Waeyo? Because I woke you up?”

“Yes.”

“Should I sing you a song then?”

“Mm that would be nice. But can you even sing?”

HyeYoung smiled. She hadn’t sung ever since she had left her mother behind. “Is it okay if it’s in English?”

“Sure. But it better be good.”


Dancing bears

Painted wings

Things I almost remember,

And a song someone sings

Once upon a December


Someone holds me safe and warm,

Horses prance through a silver storm,

Figures dancing gracefully,

Across my memory,




Someone holds me safe and warm,

Horses prance through a silver storm,

Figures dancing gracefully,

Across my memory,


Far away, long ago

Glowing dimness and ember

Things my heart used to know

Things it yearns to remember

And a song someone sings

Once upon a December


And a song someone sings

Once upon a December


Jaejoong smiled at hearing the song being sung to him. His eyes soon closed at hearing the sweet words from .


HyeYoung hung up and put away her phone with a grin on her face, happy at having helped Jaejoong fall asleep. She sighed as she remembered that tomorrow HyunJoong would come over to pick her up to have breakfast. Oh everyday seemed to one tiring day after another.


What would have happened if she had never came back? If she had never bumped into HyunJoong or Jaejoong?


Why was her life such a mess?

“Pabo.”

She smacked her head, trying to get rid of those thoughts in hope to get a good rest. Nothing like sleeping on the fresh green grass to help her relax.


 

 


Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update V.V I had some writers block before so I'm sorry about the long wait. I haven't updated since April 22nd, wow. Well please comment and hope you liked the chapter.

Poll: Who is your vote for: Jaejoong or HyunJoong?