Dead Serious.

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

HyunJoong dreamt of the first time he met her; the day he finally found someone he could trust. Before he had met her he had never thought he could feel such feelings as love. Love had been like a mystery or myth. People spoke of it and claimed they had felt it, but he had never paid much attention to these claims. Not until he met her of course. He sighed as he rolled around his bed, wrapping himself with the bed sheets.


“Hyung.”

“Hm?” HyunJoong covered himself with the sheets, hoping to keep sleeping.

“Hyung!”

HyunJoong grunted and pushed whoever was trying to disturb his sleep. He then heard nothing, assuming the person had given up and he began to fall back asleep. After a few seconds however, HyunJoong fell off the bed and the covers were yanked from him. He shivered since he had slept without his shirt; he always did. It was like a bad habit only it felt more like a lifestyle. Opening his eyes, he looked up to see Kyu Jong grinning. He groaned, “Aish why’d you wake me up?”

“Yah, isn’t your girlfriend supposed to be coming today?”

“Oh snap!” HyunJoong jumped up and was about to get some clothes until he tripped over his bed. Kyu Jong chuckled and left the room. It amused Kyu Jong to see his hyung get all worked up over a girl. He began to wake up the others as well, one by one.



HyeYoung groaned as she opened her eyes. Her hair was all over her face and it was only until she began to rub her eyes that she remembered she was outside. She had actually managed to sleep on the grass last night. It’s not like it had been her first time anyway. She had done this after HyunJoong had left her countless times. She would always look up at the stars as if in them there laid an answer. She walked into her house and got out some clothes, laying them out on her bed. She then took a quick shower. After having dressed in a pink blouse and short blue pants, HyeYoung brushed her hair and then went to the living room. She sat down on the couch, laying her head back with a sigh. Looking at her watch, she read the time and it was ten in the morning.

She then felt her phone begin to shake and it frightened her since she had just been about to fall asleep again. She was the kind of person that could fall asleep even standing up if she had nothing to do.

“Yeobosayo?”

“HyeYoung-ah”

“HyunJoong oppa.”

“I’m outside your house right now.”

“Chincha??”

“Yeah. Want me to come in or are you going to come out?”

“I’ll go out in a bit. Jahkaman.”

“Araso.”


HyeYoung walked out of her house and saw HyunJoong waiting for her beside his car. He was wearing a plaid shirt and had a black beanie on the top of his head. She smiled and gave him a brief hug. For a split second, she felt a bit awkward with it. She didn’t know why, but she did.

“So are you ready to come over to meet the rest of the boys?”

“Boys…?”

“Yeah the rest of the guys that are in ss501.”

“Oh…like DBSK?”

“You’ve met them?”

“Ah, just once.”

“Oh.”


The two stayed quiet for a while, staring dead ahead at the road. HyunJoong scratched the back of his neck, not sure of what to say. HyeYoung played with her fingers, tapping on her legs. It was one of those times when you would think, awkward

“HyunJoong”

“Hm?”

“Are you doing the music bank thing?”

“You know about that? But yeah, we’re performing tomorrow. Us and some other groups.”

“DBSK too…?”

HyunJoong looked at her curiously, “Are you a fan of DBSK?”

“Well seeing as I haven’t actually listened to their music yet, perhaps not.”

“Oh…araso.”


-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-


HyeYoung entered the house behind HyunJoong, surprised at how quiet it was. She had expected the guys to jump out at her like the boys from DBSK had. Not that she was complaining of course. A face suddenly popped out of nowhere, inches away from hers. “ANYEONGHASEYO!”

“Oh!” She bowed and smiled, “Anyeonghaseyo.”

HyunJoong pointed out each one to HyeYoung. “This is HyungJoon, the childish maknae.” HyungJoon smiled, blowing his cheeks up as he did. “Sorry for scaring you before.”

HyunJoong chuckled, “He likes doing that; he’s a weird one all right…This is YoungSaeng.” A shy boy with nice black hair stepped up and smiled nervously.

 

“Thi-”

“Yah HyunJoong we have mouths, we can introduce ourselves. I am Kyu Jong.” The one named Kyu Jong smiled and shook HyeYoung’s hand. “Don’t pay any attention to hyung. If he starts boring you or doing anything that you don’t like, just sock him in the stomach.”

HyunJoong sighed, “Yah.”

Another boy walked up, his orange/brown hair was a bit frizzy and he wore glasses. He yawned as she rubbed the back if his head. “JungMin. As you can see, I’m the one in charge here.” He puffed his chest up, trying to show a manly side of him.

“Yah,” YoungSaeng smacked him with the newspaper, “You’re not in charge here. Aish. Showoff.”

JungMin narrowed his eyes, “Yah! Shut up! Shikuro!”


“HyeYoung, we made you some food to eat.” HyungJoon shyly said.

JungMin chuckled, “Yeah, since HyunJoong is a terrible cook. He even burns water!”

HyunJoong scowled, “Yah! I can cook!”

YoungSaeng smirked, “No you can’t.”

Kyu Jong raised his hands, “Araso hyung. You can cook. We’re just playing.”

JungMin muttered, “You’d think the kid could take a simple joke…”

HyeYoung smiled, very amused, “Okay boys, that’s enough. Let’s eat!”

JungMin went behind HyeYoung and placed his palms over her shoulders, “Hyung, I like this girl. She and I have a lot in common.”

HyunJoong smirked, “Yah she’s mine.” He pulled HyeYoung closer. She just smiled.


HyunJoong pulled out a chair for HyeYoung to sit in. She smiled, amused to see the chivalrous side of HyunJoong, such a gentleman. Well, when he wanted to be of course. The food was served and she clasped her hands together when she saw the yummy dishes placed in front of her. It looked so delicious. She waved her chopstick in the air, excited to try the food placed in front of her.


“So HyeYoung-ah, are you going to Music Bank?” JungMin then stuffed some rice in his mouth.

HyeYoung placed her chopsticks down and grinned, “I really want to go, but your hyung here isn’t letting me.” She then tried to do a pouting face to get the sympathy of the other boys.

“Yah! Hyung! Why aren’t you letting her go??” All four boys started bickering at HyunJoong.

HyunJoong swallowed the food in his mouth before he began to speak, “She never told me that she actually wanted to go!! How was I supposed to know?”

“Aish what a bad boyfriend you are.” HyungJoon clicked his tongue.

HyunJoong then mumbled, “You know I’m not the romantic kind of guy…”

HyeYoung wondered if he was joking and she looked up into his eyes. He seemed dead serious. Clearing to end the silence, “Well I’m going anyway. I have some people I want to see. A good friend of mine.” She smiled as she thought of Jaejoong. And his funny friends from DBSK.

“Chingu?” HyunJoong raised one of his eyebrows.

“Mmm.”

“I have a ticket for you then. It’s for the front seats. So you can see me better.”

“Okay then. I’ll see you all tomorrow in Music Bank. And you better do good! Hwaiting!”

The five guys grinned; they all liked this girl. “HWAITING!”

 


Sorry for the late update everyone :( 

But I've been busy. Today we took the CST or STAR testing for algebra 2. And my head hurts lol. Tomorrow is chemistry >.<

Well hope you all liked this chapter, please comment ^^

And the poll of you like is still open. It'll be until the last chapters of this story ^^