Let Sleeping Dogs Lie.

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

She didn't know how or when, but she was now sitting in a secluded bar with two handsome men beside her. They kept smiling at her and from just feeling their stares, she felt uncomfortable. "May I ask again WHY I am here with you two?"

"Simple, we are on a break. Just hanging around, the usual stuff." JungMin shrugged as he replied. He really was bored, tired of not having a busy schedule. "So, HyeYoung, how have you been?"

"Just swell..." HyeYoung took a sip from the glass that she had been served. She shut her eyes as the liquid found it's way down .


"We are done, boys!"

"Yay!" The boys cheered once their job was over. They headed into the locker room, changing into their regular clothes. The five boys talked as they undressed from their concept clothes.

ChangMin muttered, "Next thing, they will be having us do an underwater shoot as mermen."

Yoochun rolled his eyes, teasing the maknae, "Sh! What if they hear you?"

"Shut up Chun. With your huge forehead."

"Abnormal long legged freak."

"Yah, break it up you two. I want to have a peaceful day." Yunho buttoned up his dress shirt before sliding on a black vest over it.

Jaejoong couldn't believe how playful everyone was today. He was honestly tired and desired to take a nice, calm nap in his room.


Younha rolled her eyes and responded monotonously, already used to such behavior from certain co-workers of hers. "No, I am not free for a date. Not today, not tomorrow, nor the day after."

"Younha, come on. I really want to show you around. I know you're new to here."

"WooHyun-shi, I'm sorry but no. I can take perfect care of myself."

The man frowned and dejectedly walked back to his office, unable to understand why he was being constantly rejected by the girl. Younha was such a beautiful girl. Though she seemed like a sweet angel, she could be dead serious and that intimidated most of the men.

 

"Anyeonghashimnikaaaa~!"

Younha groaned as she recognized the high pitched voice behind her. "What do you want here?"

"Oh, it's you again. Hello Yunhee."

"Younha."

"Oh my bad, Yunhwa."

"Whatever. What do you want?"

She instantly raised her voice, intending for her uncle to hear her, "I'M HERE TO SEE MY UNCLE."

Younha chuckled, "Well, what do you know. He IS here..."

Yuri smiled and suddenly did the unexpected--she pinched Younha's cheeks, pressing on them a little TOO hard. Younha grumbled and though she wished to kick Yuri's little back to where she came from, she put on a fake grin as well. Two could play at this game. "He just doesn't wish to see you. He is a busy man you know."

"Moh? Too busy for his adorable niece?"

Adorable...pfft. Younha really wondered how Yuri had been as a little girl. Who had brought her up to be such an ignorant snob? "I'm sorry, but YES. The man is busy."

"You know what. Cut the nice act. We all know you're a cold blooded witch."

Younha laughed, so amused by her words. The donkey talking about long ears... "And you're a fake plastic girl."

"Yah! You're going to regret this. You'll never get a man this way. Watch your back you vixen."

"Shut the hell up. Get out of here because I have a job to take care of you know."

"Yeah, serving coffee. Good luck!" Yuri walked out with a huff, furious and already getting ready to plot another revenge of hers.

Younha sighed as she returned to her desk, completely frustrated by now. Rubbing her temples, she shut her eyes as she remembered Yuri's words. What was the worst part, was the fact that she had been right.

No one ever did take her seriously.


"Seriously? You want me to go over and turn in something for you? And what do I get in return? I mean, come on! I just came from there…" Shutting his phone, HyunJoong rolled his eyes, tossing the small package in the trunk of his car. He brushed his fingers through his hair, sighing as he sat down, throwing his head back onto the smooth car seat.


"I know! Let's play a game!" JungMin raised his empty glass, plotting something already.

"Like?" HyeYoung sighed, rubbing her temples as she felt a migraine coming. From the way the boys had brought her, she was suddenly worried. Just what could their idea of 'fun' be? Either it was to be truly an innocent game or a complete disaster. And that was her final conclusion.


"I know, I'll wait for the little vixen to come out and I'll show her who she's messing with!" Yuri entered her car, deciding to wait quietly until her enemy would exit. She wasn't sure what she was going to do, but she certainly was going to get even.

"Aaahh!" A startled Yuri jumped up as she felt her phone vibrate and heard the ringtone. With a sigh, she looked at the caller ID and then answered the phone. "Anyeonghaseyo."

The other voice was a fellow member of hers, SeoHyun. "Anyeong unni!"

"Oh, SeoHyun-ah, what's up?"

"Where are you?"

"Ermmm..." Yuri thought of something to say and couldn’t find an excuse or reason.

Giggling was heard in the background and SeoHyun then remarked, "With HyunJoong oppa?"

"Yah!"

The phone seemed to be snatched for another of So Nyeo Shi Dae, Taeyeon, answered. "You guys aren't really going out, are you? This is just another one of those publicity stunts, neh?"

Yuri bit her lip, annoyed with the other, but not lashing out any harsh words. Yuri and Taeyeon had never really gotten along well together. What had made Taeyeon even more distasteful with her was when she had caught Yuri on a rather odd phone call.

Another voice came on the phone and this time it was Tiffany,

"Taeyeon! Aish. Yuri dear, don't worry we are on your side, even Taeyeon!"

"Oh...thanks."

The phone call ended there, leaving Yuri guilty. She didn't like lying to the girls, but she also felt a twinge of anger. They had been chosen with no difficulty while Yuri was constantly being threatened to be taken off. Even now, the company doubted her talent. So what was Yuri good for? Scandal. Damn scandals.


KyuJong poured soju for everyone, smiling as HyeYoung just sat, listening. JungMin explained the rules to this "game" with a grin.

"Here is the thing! I ask you a question and you either answer it or down a whole cup!" He pointed to the small cup and HyeYoung just nodded.

She then inquired, "And what about you guys, don't I get to ask you anything?"

JungMin chuckled, "Hmmm, I don't know. What do you think KyuJong?"

KyuJong rubbed his hands together, happy to play this game. "Just to make it fair for her, let's."

 

"Round One!" A fist came down on the table to indicate the beginning of this new game.


"I think..." Changmin pondered as he ate a bowl of popcorn.

"Yah, is he really sleeping this early?" Yoochun asked, referring to the locked Jaejoong alone in his room.

Changmin then repeated, "I think..."

Yunho interrupted, "I think HyeYoung-ah is too good for Jaejoong. She should just be with me. I have a killer style."

Junsu muttered, "That is why you have no girlfriends."

"YAH!!"

 

A door slammed open and a sleepy Jaejoong walked out, rubbing his eyes. "Shut up. I want my rest." He then grabbed a glass, filling it with water. After drinking it, he dumped it in the sink with a yawn. The door slammed once more as he headed to his room without even saying goodnight.

Changmin then remarked, "Creepy."

Yoochun scratched the back of his head. "And that...that means we should go to sleep now."

Yunho scowled, "It's only eight o' clock!!"


"HyeYoung-ah, how many loves have you had in your life?"

She tapped the table before answering, "Erm...one."

KyuJong's eyes widened, "Wah, no way!"

"Its true."

"But you're so pretty!"

 

HyeYoung shrugged and then she smirked. "My turn! KyuJong, do you love your current girlfriend?"

He smiled, thinking of the girl in his heart, and responded before thinking clearly, "Yes..."

JungMin's eyes widened, "YAH! You didn't tell me you had a girl!!"

"Whoops." KyuJong covered his mouth and laughed nervously. "Hahaha what are you talking about?"

JungMin rolled his eyes with a sigh, “Aish, whatever. I’ll keep your secret.”

KyuJong’s lips spread into a grin and he rubbed his palms together. “JungMin…”

“What? Yah, what is with that fiery look in your eyes?”

 

A figure approached the small group and he had his hands dug deep within the pant pockets. Taking slow steps, he grinned as he felt their gaze upon him. He was a rather sneaky fellow and managed to have numerous sources for anything he desired whether it was to find someone, get an opinion, learn of new places to visit, and any other of his random whims. Lifting a single eyebrow, he glanced at the glasses on the table and the liquor beside it.

“YoungSaeng!”

He just smiled and took out his cellular phone, browsing through his list of contacts. “Are you guys just drinking like this? Kids.”

JungMin snorted, “Yah, you’re no different. What do you suggest we do?”

YoungSaeng responded without looking up, “Someone appears to be distressed and lost today. It’s our duty to cheer her up. I always did say more people bring jolly good fun.”

HyeYoung said nothing and just held a hand over the other, biting her lower lip. There was the option of running away, but with YoungSaeng standing, she was unsure. He could easily prevent her from doing so. Just because his attention was on the cellular phone in his hands it didn’t mean he wasn’t paying any attention. Looking at the glass, she suddenly drunk a whole shot, heaving a sigh afterwards. Her life had become somewhat of a rollercoaster with its drops and lifts, turns and stops.

“So, who are you bringing to add more fun?”

YoungSaeng clicked on the ‘call’ button and put up a finger, excusing himself for a brief moment. Once a bit of distance away, he cleared his throat and waited for the other to pick up. “Ah, how about coming over? HyeYoung is here with us! No, forget that sulking fool. Our leader is acting in a similar manner and we just left him alone for today.”


Yoochun shut his phone with a smug grin. “Guys!”

Yunho opened an eye, muttering, “What?”

“Who wants to go out and have fun with the others from SS501?”

In less than a minute, Changmin, Yunho, Junsu, and Yoochun were dressing in casual clothing. As for Jaejoong, no one knew whether to invite him or just leave him behind.

 

It was better to let sleeping dogs lie.