Try Me.

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

HyeYoung laid the flowers against her mother’s grave with a faint smile. Tears fell from her eyes and she tried wiping them away, but knew it was no use. All the pain built up had to be released; it’d been too long since she’d let her true feelings out. The last time she’d come was when she’d returned from the US. Back then, she had felt so guilty and had even blamed herself for the death of her mother.

Now she knew it wasn’t her fault, though it would have been nice if she had been able to see her mother a last time. One last time, even if it had been for a single minute, that was all she would have liked.

“Umma, mianhae…mianhae. I only visit when I have problems or whenever I need to let out my tears.”




“Yeobosayo.”

“Yuri?”

“Yah, how am I supposed to work this all out? That HyunJoong won’t listen to me! I even said we were going out on public television! And he doesn’t even care…”

“I never said I’d help you out on your plan. I only agreed to make you appear with him on Star King. My part of the deal is done.”

“Yah! Uncle you have to help me~”

“Anniyo!” He hung up, not wanting to talk to the brat of his niece any longer.

“Yeobosayo? YEOBOSAYO! AISH.”




“Love square? Pfft. YoungSaeng doesn’t know anything.” HyungJoon went to the refrigerator, opening it to get out the carton of milk, intending to serve some to drink. He then grabbed a glass, placing it on the table, smiling for he really liked milk, a lot. He then lifted the carton, slowly pouring it down the glass cup.

JungMin smirked and casually walked to HyungJoon, noticing the other was too distracted pouring milk. He then pushed HyungJoon aside, whistling and looking away, acting like nothing had happened at all.

HyungJoon winced as the milk spilled on his pants, leaving a big stain, and he groaned. “YAH!!”

Whoops. Looks like someone has a stain...




HyunJoong parked his car in front of HyeYoung’s house, clicking the button to lock his car, getting ready to explain everything to HyeYoung. Well, that was if she knew. If she didn’t, should he still explain? Or just hide it? He shrugged; he’d decide on that when the moment came.

He walked to the door, knocking on it twice and then waiting for it to be opened. But minutes passed and there was no answer. HyunJoong looked around, wondering if HyeYoung was even inside to begin with.

“I’ll just wait outside then.” He sat on top of his car, sighing, looking up at the sky, hoping that HyeYoung would come home soon.




Jaejoong kicked the door since both of his arms were busy with all the bags of food he was carrying. Grunting, he started tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for his dongsaengs to answer.

After a few minutes, Changmin opened the door with a big smile on his face, “HYUNG! Did you get the food?”

Jaejoong nodded, wondering when Changmin would kindly move back from the door so he could walk in.

“Need any help?”

“Well I thought you’d never ask.” Jaejoong sarcastically replied as the hungry maknae took some of the packed boxes of food with a big grin on his face. Jaejoong took the remaining ones inside and wasn’t surprised when he saw the others seated with chopsticks in their hands, anxiously waiting to eat. “Well thanks for helping. I appreciate it very much.”

Xiah clasped his hands together and exclaimed back, “No problem!”

Changmin rolled his eyes and raised his chopsticks in the air, getting ready to plunge them in his food before saying, “Shut up! Let’s eat!”

Yoochun mumbled then, “Kumabwo hyung.”

“At least someone has manners.”




Yuri walked in the office, storming in, ready to tear down her uncle’s door. He was going to listen to her whether he liked it or not. But right when she was about to walk to his door, a woman stood in front of her, blocking her.

“YAH! What are you doing in my way?! MOVE!”

The girl rolled her eyes, not moving a centimeter, and replied, “Yuri-shi? I’m the new secretary, Younha. Your uncle cannot see you at the moment. I suggest you return later or even another day would be better.”

“I don’t care what your name is or if you’re the new secretary. Just move, I need to see my uncle. If you don’t, you’ll regret it.”

“Try me.” Younha played with her nails, waiting for the other to attempt to throw her off or get past her in any way.




HyeYoung walked home slowly, lost in her old memories, smiling like a fool.


“Umma! Look! I caught a fish!” HyeYoung showed her mother the fish she had caught in the river with the net her grandmother had taught her to make.

“Ohh!! Very good HyeYoung.”

“Are we going to eat it now?”

“Anniyo. The poor fish should go back home. Don’t you think so?”

“But…wae?” She pouted, wondering why she would have to return the fish after having worked so hard to catch it.

“The fish probably has children and it has it’s own life under the sea.”

“Oh. Ara soh.” HyeYoung dropped the fish into the water, seeing it dive down, never to be seen again. “Bye fish.”




HyunJoong looked at his watch, deciding it would be better to go home now. He’d see her the next day somehow. “Aish, what could she be doing out at this time?” He entered his car, looking at her house once more before driving off.




Yuri sighed, pretending to walk away, “Fine, I’ll leave. But I’ll return!” She then ran back when she thought Younha wasn’t paying attention, but the other had already suspected Yuri would do such a thing.

“Yah, do you think I’m dumb?”

“Are you speaking to me informally? How dare you!”

“Well you spoke to me in the same tone minutes before. I’m just kindly returning the favor.”

Yuri held her hand to her head, shutting her eyes, feigning a headache, “Aigoo. You are so annoying.” Turning away, she finally did leave, cursing back at Younha, mumbling to herself.


Younha sighed, walking to the office Yuri had tried to get into before. She opened the door slowly, popping her head in, smiling, “She left.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I must say she put up quite a fight. I thought she’d never leave.”

“Good thing she left. I can’t deal with that niece of mine.”

“Anything else sir?”

“Nope, that will be all for today. Kahmsumnida Younha-shi. I’m very glad I hired you.” Younha walked away, waving to her boss, and grinned to herself. She hadn’t had such fun in a while. Thanks to that Yuri girl, her life would become a bit more amusing. She laughed to herself as she thought more of Yuri, being pretty sure that the girl couldn’t fight, assuming she was another ‘plastic’ girl.


The man let out a sigh of relief. He knew that Yuri was going to be stopping by as often as she could just to see him. He felt like such a coward for having to hire a new secretary that was tough enough to keep his niece away. “I hope So Nyeo Shi Dae keeps that girl busy.”




HyeYoung opened the door to her house, tired from all the walking back and forth. She didn’t even bother turning on the lights and went straight to her room. Falling onto her bed, she shut her eyes, too lazy to change into her pajamas, dozing off.