You're a Moron

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

HyunJoong didn’t know what to think or say. He folded his arms in disapproval. “Jaejoong. What is happening?”


Jaejoong rubbed the back of his head, looking for an answer to that question. The only way out of this was to lie and he knew it. Jaejoong had always been an honest person—ALWAYS. But then again, he didn’t have to lie; he could just leave most of the truth out. He looked at a frightened HyeYoung and could tell she still didn’t want HyunJoong to know who she really was.


“HyunJoong…I was just trying to make her feel better.”

“For what?”

“Personal reasons.” Jaejoong patted her back once more and whispered in her ear, ‘I won’t tell him, don’t worry. You owe me.’ He smiled and let go of her. HyeYoung looked down as she grabbed her stuff and left.


HyunJoong was confused. “What…just happened?”


“Nothing. Come on, let’s go.” Jaejoong pulled HyunJoong to the car. He was tired and didn’t feel like answering any questions. Jaejoong drove since HyunJoong was still dazed. As he drove, Jaejoong remembered HyeYoung’s tears that were all for HyunJoong. It wrenched his heart seeing her like that. He had never felt so protective over a girl before—never.

When he finally arrived at HyunJoong’s apartment, Jaejoong tossed him his car keys and muttered, “I’m going home.” Jaejoong walked past him waving, but not bothering to look back.


HyunJoong said nothing as he looked at his troubled friend walk away. He had wanted to ask what had happened with that girl in the restaurant. Why had he been hugging her? It was apparent that Jaejoong was not going to answer them, at least not now. HyunJoong sighed as he opened the door to his apartment. He threw his sweater to the floor and rested on the couch. While listening to his favorite song, HyunJoong managed to shut his eyes and forget his troubles.


Jaejoong walked in his dorm to find no one at all. Everyone was out: Changmin was probably eating out, Yunho was most likely at some club hooking up with girls, Xiah was out watching a soccer game, and Yoochun was possibly taking a drive. They were always out somewhere and Jaejoong had never liked to accompany them. He always felt out of place and could never have as much fun as the rest of the members did.


He sat down on a chair in the kitchen, staring into space. There was nothing to do—nothing at all. He was about to open the refrigerator, when he heard his phone ring.


“Yeobosayo?”

“Oh hey Jaejoong. It’s me HyeYoung.”

“HyeYoung-ah, what is it?”

“Jaejoong, are you busy right now?”

“No. Why?”

“Want to eat outside with me? My treat. I would like to thank you about before...”


Jaejoong agreed and met with HyeYoung at her house. He was surprised at seeing her home; it was two floors and very big. He knocked on the door and when HyeYoung opened it, she smiled. Her hair was tied up in a bun, some loose strands hung down the sides of her face. She wore a black long-sleeved shirt with loose jeans. He walked around, observing every aspect of the living room. There were portraits of flowers, candles covered with dust, several books piled one over the other, and other small objects adorning the room. He walked further and spotted a door which led to the backyard.

On the other side of the door, lied a table outside which was covered by cloth and plates were placed on it. He gazed at the garden outside, noticing how much hard work had been put into it. He was about to explore the backyard when he heard HyeYoung call his name.

They ate silently without saying a single word. It was only until when they both finished eating and left their dishes spotless that one of them broke the silence. HyeYoung cleared as she looked up at Jaejoong.

“Th-Thank you. You didn’t have to cover up for me in the restaurant when HyunJoong showed up. I never expected you to do that.”

“It’s ok.”

“When he came in, I honestly thought you were going to tell him who I was. I know he’s your best friend and I feel kind of bad because you couldn’t tell him.”

“I myself can’t seem to understand why I did such a thing. I don’t lie; I’m a very honest person. Yet, for some strange reason, I don’t regret what I did at all. I wonder what HyunJoong thinks about the entire matter.”


HyeYoung grabbed a pack of soju cans and placed them on the table. She offered one to Jaejoong and he willingly accepted. She took a sip from the can, letting the liquid seep down before she began to speak.


“HyunJoong…sometimes I want to tell him it’s me. I am still hurt and all, but I just can’t forget him.”

Jaejoong said nothing. He couldn’t understand why his heart pounded like it did. He drunk from the can, shoving the fluid down, hoping it would ease away the pain.

“When are you going to tell him? He’s bound to know sooner or later, I mean you pretty much work for him.”

“I don’t know. Aishh…I’m going crazy with this.”

“If he hurt you so much, why do you still love him?”

“He was my first love. Besides, he even saved my life.” She wrapped her arms around herself as she sighed. “Saranghae HyunJoong Oppa. No, I can’t just say that to him; it’s embarrassing. Isn’t it?”

“I’m not sure. If you love him, then it would make perfect sense right?”

“Maybe. Jaejoong, do you have a girl that you like?”

“Oppa.”

“Huh?”

“I’m even older than HyunJoong and since I covered up for you, shouldn’t you at least call me that?”

“Ahraso, Jaejoong oppa, do you have a special girl?”

“I don’t know. How can one even know?”

“Well, does your heart beat at seeing this person? Does your heart hurt at the same time?”

“I suppose I do.”

“Who?”

“This crazy girl I met. How I began to have feelings for her, I don’t know. What I do know is that she doesn’t feel the same and that’s a fact.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“She loves another guy. Ironically, he is a good friend of mine.”

“If you really love her, you must tell her so.”

“You think so?”

“Yes.” HyeYoung shut her eyes as her head wobbled. She fell asleep and let out a soft snore. Jaejoong chuckled at the girl and carried her in his arms. She felt so light and he smiled at seeing the peaceful expression on her face. This girl never failed to surprise him. He placed the sleeping girl in her bed and covered her with blankets, making sure she was warm.

Jaejoong closed the door and walked to his car. He shouldn’t be driving in such a condition and he knew it. His apartment was miles away and he began to feel dizzy after driving past a few blocks. There was a club with flashing lights, beckoning him to come. With a shrug, he parked his car and walked into the club. He had his shades on and was wearing a long, black coat. People were dancing, trying to flow with the music. Some men were trying to hook up with women, attempting to coax them into one dance. The women were shaking their heads in disgust as they pushed the men away.

Jaejoong scoffed as he sat in the bar. So this was how a club was like. The bartender passed him a glass of vodka with a worried glance. Ignoring the strange man, Jaejoong gulped it down and asked for another. It didn’t matter how much he kept on drinking; his heart still kept hurting. If only he hadn’t met that girl. How could he feel so much for her after knowing her for such a short period of time?


A woman placed her hand on his shoulder, making him look up at her. She was drunk as well. Her clothes were daring in a repulsive way. She wore a top that showed too much of her cleavage which seemed like fake implants. Her arms were moist with sweat and just looking at her made Jaejoong shudder in disgust. She whispered in his ear, “Want to have some fun?”

Jaejoong snickered as he pushed her away. He didn’t want any coming up to him. What was he even doing in such a place anyway? Before he could think of an answer to that, his eyes shut and his head fell on the counter.

The bartender rolled his eyes; he knew the young gentleman would collapse after so much heavy drinking. Sighing, he walked over to the man, and dug his hands into the man’s pockets. He felt a round-shaped object and pulled it out. A modern cell phone, how convenient. Scrolling down the contacts list, he found the group Best Friend. He pressed send and waited for an answer.


HyunJoong was awakened by the jarring rings of his telephone. He looked at it and saw the call was from Jaejoong. Why was he calling at 2 in the morning? HyunJoong answered the phone, “Yeobosayo”

“Hello, umm may I ask who this is?”

“HyunJoong. Why do you have Jaejoong’s phone?”

“Is that his name? Could you pick him up…he’s drunk. I’ll send you the directions in a bit.”


HyunJoong drove as fast as he could. The news of Jaejoong being drunk had puzzled him. Jaejoong wasn’t the kind of person to drink; he had always despised alcohol.

Once in the club, HyunJoong searched for his friend. As he looked around, he observed the club’s customers. He too, like Jaejoong had never liked such places like clubs. The only people that usually went were the ones who had nothing else to do. Girls made an effort at enticing him to dance with them. He simply shook them off, walking past them without saying a word. He set his eyes upon a drunken young man with his arms covering his head.  When he got closer, he realized it was Jaejoong. It was strange to see his friend in such a state. HyunJoong paid the bill and grabbed Jaejoong’s phone from the bartender. He lugged his friend onto his back, staggering past the club to his car. He placed Jaejoong in the backseat, letting him sprawl his legs out. At hearing Jaejoong’s seatbelt click, HyunJoong went over to his seat and started the car.


He called the apartment DBSK was staying in. He told the other members that Jaejoong would be staying over at his house because something had come up.


Jaejoong smiled at HyunJoong with half-closed eyes. He was obviously still drunk so HyunJoong helped him stand. The two walked through the hallways, swaying back and forth. Jaejoong’s foot stumbled against a ledge, sending both men to the floor. HyunJoong grunted as he pulled Jaejoong up again. It felt like hours had passed when he finally reached the door to his home. He let his friend fall onto the couch and stretched out his arms. With a yawn, he walked over to the closet, grabbing a few blankets to cover Jaejoong.

HyunJoong left a pillow for his friend and left to his bedroom. He was about to go to sleep when he heard a crash.


Jumping up, HyunJoong darted to the kitchen, wondering what had happened. Jaejoong was bent over trying to pick up the pieces of the shattered glass.


“What happened?”

“Oh, this? Sorry about that…I wanted a glass of water and I guess I must have not held onto the cup tight enough.”

“It’s ok.” HyunJoong picked up a broom and began to sweep the pieces together to dump them in the trash bin.


Jaejoong sat down and looked up at HyunJoong. “Pabo.”

“What?”

“You heard me. Pabo.”

“You’re drunk.”

“And what has that got to do with anything?”

HyunJoong sighed at Jaejoong’s reply. “Why did you get drunk in the first place? Does it have anything to do with what happened in the restaurant?”

“You’re a moron.”

“Huh?” HyunJoong was beginning to get frustrated and he clenched his fists.

“How could you claim to love a woman and not know anything about her? Shouldn’t you search for her? For crying out loud, you’re damn famous and yet you can’t use your connections to find her.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Oooh look at you. I just mention her and your face turns red already.”

“Jaejoong, this isn’t funny.”

“Am I laughing? You know, that girl must have suffered a lot because of you. She must have cried over you. Don’t you feel bad?”

“I don’t want to hear anymore about this.” HyunJoong stood and turned away, not wanting to start a fight.

“HyeYoung-ah. What would you do if you saw her now?”

HyunJoong whirled around to face his friend. “WH-what?” HyunJoong grabbed Jaejoong by the shoulders, shaking him furiously.

“HyeYoung-ah…what would she do? To be more accurate, what will she do? Other than beg me to not tell you…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, hope you guys liked it :)

Thanks everyone for commenting and subscribing, it really makes me update faster. Two days ago, I got a new idea for a new fanfic which I might start on, so please bear with me if I take a while to update. I hate how I have so many ideas and can't focus on one story alone >.< 

Isn't HyunJoong such a dummy? He should really open his eyes and see that its her--his first love!

Please comment :D