Love...Square?

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

"Any love interests out there...?"

 

"Well...HyunJoong and I are…officially going out.” Yuri smirked as she linked her long, dangly arm with his.

Kang HoDong gasped, as he covered his mouth with his left palm, clearly shocked, “No, Kohjidmal!” He then turned to face the camera, “You hear that everyone! Yuri and HyunJoong are a couple now. Congratulations you two.”

Confetti blew all over the place, coming out of nowhere. HyunJoong’s eyes widened when he had heard those words from Yuri’s mouth. He turned to her, giving her an icy glare.

“So~HyunJoong how did you two meet? And was it you that asked her out? Omomo.”

HyunJoong clamped his mouth shut, knowing that anything he said could and would be used against him. Yuri pursed her lips together, wanting to lash out her anger at him for not saying anything. It was always her that had to improvise and come up with the explanations. She held it all in though and instead batted her long eyelashes with a smile. Her voice became all sugary sweet, sending shivers down HyunJoong’s spine. “Well…we can’t tell you everything. It’s rather personal. HyunJoong and I are normal people too and we need our space,” She turned to the audience and her eyes suddenly became a bit sad, like the Puss in Boots from the movie Shrek, “Kim HyunJoong fans, SNSD fans, SS501 fans, please understand and respect our relationship. Jebal. Our relationship will not affect or change any of our musical activities. Kahmsumnida.” She bowed and pretended to wipe a small tear from her eye. Twisting her head to HyunJoong’s, she gave him a triumphant grin.

Kang HoDong sighed, “Sarang, love, ah how beautiful. This has been Star King, Kumawoyo for watching~!”

The cameras stopped filming and once they did, all hell broke lose. The other guest ran up to the two, asking if it was really true. Some shook their hands, congratulating the new couple, wishing them happiness. Kang HoDong scratched his head and sighed. He himself couldn’t even believe it.




Yunho gasped as he watched Yuri hook her arm in HyunJoong’s. “YAH! Jaejoong! Bbali, come here!”

Jaejoong sighed as he stomped out of the kitchen, “BWOH! The more you yell, the slower it will take me to finish cooking, and you know that Changmin won’t be happy with that.”

Yoochun scratched his belly as he was lying down on the floor, looking up at the television, “Look hyung.” He pointed with his index finger to the screen.

With a sigh, Jaejoong turned to face the television, wondering what was so important about it. Jaejoong’s eyes widened at seeing Yuri be so close to HyunJoong, “Anniyo…kohjidmal…”

Xiah squeaked, “That pabo!! He’s playing with our HyeYoung!” He then pretended to throw an imaginary object at the television screen.

Yunho sighed, having nothing at all to say regarding the entire matter. Love was so complicated and he knew that, but why did Jaejoong have to get all the drama, all the love? How come Jung Yunho was the one that got nothing? He pouted.

Changmin yawned as he walked into the living room, surprised at seeing all of the guys huddled around the television. He had just finished using his laptop and seen certainvideos of his. “Yah, what’s on the TV that’s so interesting?”

Jaejoong backed away slowly and fell back onto the floor, landing on his bottom. Changmin raised an eyebrow when he saw what was on the screen, who to be more accurate. “Isn’t that HyunJoong with—”

“Yuri.” Jaejoong muttered the name under his breath, making the others look at him.




HyeYoung dropped the remote. formed the shape of a capital O and she didn’t know how to react, “Who…the hell is she?”




“Yah!” Yuri reached out her arm to pull him back.

He had pushed her away as soon as the cameras had stopped filming. He had kept walking, to who knows where, and the worst part of it all was that she was in her black stilettos. Her legs wobbled with each step she took. “Yah HyunJoong oppa!”

He stopped and turned, “O-oppa? Who the hell are you to mess in my life? Why did you even say that? Now EVERYONE knows! Aishh.”

Yuri rolled her eyes and couldn’t believe this guy, why wasn’t he attracted to her? Why did he look at her like any other woman? No, he didn’t even look at her like a woman at all; she was like just another person to him and she couldn’t understand it. Not even Jaejoong had been able to resist her. He had at least complimented her outfits before, but this man, HyunJoong, he didn’t care about that. WHY? “HyunJoong, you do know now that your fans know. We have to keep this image of ours safe. If anyone finds out we were lying—”

“Lying? Yah, you’re the one who told everyone on the show that we were ‘going out’. So YOU deal with it.” With that, HyunJoong pushed her to the floor, not caring that she was now on her rear bottom on the hard concrete floor.

Yuri then replied with a smirk, raising her eyebrow. “Remember what I said before, our managers agreed to this.”




Jaejoong had said the name, Yuri’s name, with bitterness. His fists were clenched tightly and the expression his face was one of a frustrated, angry man. Yoochun sat up, gulping at this side of his hyung. Xiah began to bite his lip, brushing his velvet tongue across his lips. There was nothing he could say to make Jaejoong feel better and he knew it. It was better to just stay silent for the moment. Yunho opened his mouth, thinking of something to say, but then shut it when he saw Xiah shake his head.

Changmin sighed and then wrinkled his nose. He headed to the kitchen, clearly unnoticed by the other boys. He saw smoke coming out of one of the pots and yelled, “YAH! The food! It’s burning!” He turned the knob, turning the stove off and waving his hand furiously over where the smoke was coming from.


Jaejoong hadn’t heard the exclaims from Changmin; he was in his own world, shocked at seeing Yuri after so long…with HyunJoong.

Yoochun broke the silence then, “Jaejoong, do you still have feelings for her?”

“Anniyo, of course not. But, what, is she doing with HyunJoong. They weren’t going out and I’m pretty sure of that. But, why didn’t HyunJoong deny it? Why didn’t he say anything at all?”

Yoochun patted his back with a sigh, “Everything happens for a reason and there ought to be a good one for this.”

Jaejoong shut his eyes and said, “There better be Yoochun, there better be.”




HyeYoung took another bite from her ice cream as she stared into space. She knew what she had seen on the screen, but what bugged her wasn’t the fact that Yuri and HyunJoong were going out, or at least, supposedly were. But, why hadn’t HyunJoong said anything at all? She could tell that he hadn’t been very pleased and he himself had also seemed to be surprised. Yet then again, he had been acting a bit weird recently. Like the time he hadn’t been able to go to the restaurant like he had planned. Nor had he told her that ‘important’ piece of news like he had said he would.

There was only one thing she could do though.

And that was to talk to HyunJoong herself. She couldn’t start assuming anything just yet.




HyunJoong jumped into his car, driving away from the building, from that witch Yuri. He still couldn’t believe what had just happened. And he then realized that HyeYoung had probably seen that as well. Heck, he had told her the time and channel the show would be on. He wondered what she would be thinking now. Would she believe him? Give him a chance to explain? Hopefully she would, and that was all HyunJoong had, hope.




Yuri jumped up and down as she saw that bastard drive off. “AURGHHH!!!” She placed her hands on her hips, furious. That man was driving her crazy. Yes, Yuri had the upper hand in the situation, and thank god too, but why did she feel so frustrated with the way HyunJoong acted? She then took a deep breath as she slid off her heels, letting her small feet rest. “It’s okay, Yuri, it’s okay. I must calm down.” With her left hand, she brushed her bangs back and then with the other she pulled out her phone, punching in some numbers.




HyeYoung sighed as she washed the plates and looked out the window. Whenever she was confused and frustrated, she’d always go visit her mother at the cemetery. Glancing at her pink watch, she observed the time and sighed, “It’s not too late to go.” She dried her hands and the plates. After putting everything away, she turned off the lights and went to her room. She picked up her gray hoodie and slid it on. With a brown hair-band, she tied her hair into a ponytail and then walked out of her house, locking the door behind her after having checked all the lights were off.

She walked down the street with a faint smile. Multiple people were on the streets: a few couples holding hands, groups of teenagers cracking jokes, and then there were the ones that were alone, minding their own business, just like her. She turned at a flower shop and walked in to get a bouquet. After paying the ahjumma the amount of money the bouquet was worth, HyeYoung bowed and thanked her.




Jaejoong was now outside, waiting for his order to be ready. He had on a black beanie, glasses, and a gray scarf wrapped around his neck. He was tapping his foot as he sat on the chair, wondering how long it would take for the food to be ready so he could go home.

After Changmin had tried all his best to save the food that was burning, he had ended up making it worse. Changmin had been waving the pot around so furiously that he had accidentally dropped the items in it…onto the floor. It was then when Xiah had run in, waving his arms as he blamed the other for being so impatient and reckless. Then, the five boys had played rock, paper, and scissors to decide who would be the unlucky guy to get the food from elsewhere.

So here Jaejoong was, at some restaurant, waiting for the food to be ready. He had just ordered six orders of bibimbap, one extra one for Changmin since the maknae had always been the hungriest of them all.

A stout woman tapped his shoulder suddenly and smiled, “Your order is ready Ahjussi.”

“Ye. Kahmsumnida.” Jaejoong bowed and grabbed the bags carefully, making sure that they wouldn’t fall. That was the last thing he needed right now, for another meal to be ruined. Then he would probably have to go to another place, to order a different food, most likely pizza. But that wouldn’t happen. And he’d make sure of it.

He sighed and called for a taxi to take him home. “Aish these boys better appreciate the food I’m getting for them.”




Meanwhile, the SS501 boys were with their mouths dropped open in front of the television. It had been Kyu Jong who had turned it on to see Star King. He had been surprised to see HyunJoong be on it and called the others to join him. HyungJoon had made popcorn and brought it out in a red bowl to eat as he watched. His eyes widened when he saw the other boys turn to face him with evil smirks. His arms guarded the bowl, or at least attempted to. In less than five seconds, YoungSaeng, Kyu Jong, and JungMin were fighting with him for the popcorn.

“YAH, I made it! We can share!! S-H-A-R-E!” HyungJoon had even said the word share in English to put emphasis on it, hoping the boys would listen to him. But, of course, the boys didn’t care, and they grabbed as much of the popcorn as they could. HyungJoon was left sprawled out on the floor, twitching. “O-oww.”

JungMin rolled his eyes, “Baby.”

YoungSaeng then nudged him, “Yah…isn’t that HyunJoong with Yuri?”

Kyu Jong let out a sigh, “Ah so pretty...”

YoungSaeng shook his head, “But she just said…that she’s going out with him…”

HyungJoon jumped up exclaiming, “KOHJIDMAL! She’s going out with HyeYoung! Remember? He even brought her over here.”

JungMin frowned, “Arayo, I know. Aish this is so complicated. YoungSaeng, what do you think?”

YoungSaeng rubbed his chin as thought aloud, “Well, I don’t know what’s the explanation for this, but we can’t assume anything. And I wouldn’t be surprised if HyeYoung happens to see this too.”

HyungJoon’s eyes widened, “She’s probably heartbroken!!”

“Anniyo, she’s a smart girl. She’s probably just surprised. But now this makes it a love…square?”

HyungJoon let his mouth drop, “WHOA, WAIT A SECOND, SQUARE??”

JungMin blinked his eyes a couple times, confused, “Don’t you mean triangle?”

“Anniyo. Square.” YoungSaeng remembered the night of Music Bank. He had seen Kim Jaejoong from DBSK give a necklace to HyeYoung and the special bond the two shared. He was sure that Jaejoong had feelings for her too. But the boys didn’t need to know that now. They’d find out soon enough, well that was if they were smart enough, since the boys could be pretty slow most of the time.