Her Name.

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

 

This chapter is dedicated to SunRiseYB for commenting :)

Please comment people!!  Here's a longer chapterrr, sorry about the one before. I would have updated sooner but I was reading My New Divide by heroslilbit which is a wonderfulll storyy!!!  :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

{(Man’s point of view)}

I saw the girl walk away and smiled to myself. She was one of the few who didn’t know who I was. I flipped my phone open and turned it on. There were a few text messages, but I ignored them, deciding to leave them for later. It began to ring and I answered, “Yeobosayo? Ahh, hyung. I’m good, I just arrived at Seoul. How was the flight? Oh, it was just wonderful. The girl next to me was pretty and treated me like a normal person and not Hero JaeJoong. I’ll call you later hyung. I’m about to go through custom services. Anyeong, HyunJoong hyung.”


{(Nobody’s Point of view)}


 HyeYoung took a taxi to her home. She paid the man and got out of the car. She looked at her old house and smiled. "It's still the same."It was a two-story house with three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a
study room, and a living room. Outside there was a pool and garden. When she walked outside, she saw the garden was filled with weeds and it appeared as if it had been stomped on. The pool was filthy and the water was a dark shade of green. A tear rolled down her cheek. Two years ago, her mother, the last relative she had, died of a tumor. HyeYoung couldn't even come for the funeral. Her studies had made it impossible for her.
"Omma...Mianhae. I'm sorry I came back too late."
She wiped her tears away and went to the shed. It was time for cleaning this dump. After hours of working hard, HyeYoung was finally satisfied with her cleaning. It wasn't perfect, but it was tolerable.

HyeYoung walked around the city and looked for a job. No business wanted her because she had no experience. After searching and searching, HyeYoung found one place. JagSal chicken. She was to start
working the very next day at 8 in the morning sharp.

The next day she got up early and took a quick shower. She wore a light pink blouse and brown shorts that barely covered her thighs. Her hair was tied back and she put on crystal clear shades. HyeYoung left
her house and caught a bus that would take her to JagSal chicken.
The bus was filled with people and HyeYoung would have stood through the whole ride, but a man was kind enough to give up his seat for her. She bowed and thanked him. A woman behind her kept on talking about a musical group called ss501.
"Omomo. Ss501 is coming here next week!! They're going to be signing
autographs!!"
HyeYoung rolled her eyes at the scandalous woman and pulled on the string to request a stop. When she got out, she looked for the big sign with a chicken on it. The weird thing was that she couldn't see
it at all. Instead there were crowds of women shrieking and huddling around something. HyeYoung walked closer to them and her eyes widened. It was the chicken restaurant and people seemed to be huddling it, waiting for someone.
Right on cue, a hooded male figure opened the door; he covered his face with a scarf and shielded his eyes with dark sunglasses. The girls shrieked and yelled all at once. Tall, sturdy men blocked the
women trying to touch the mysterious man. HyeYoung raised her eyebrow in confusion and turned away. She walked in the restaurant, forgetting the strange man and the crazy fanatics.

"Anyeonghaseyo, I'm HyeYoung and am looking forward to my first day
here."

A man slouching on the counter looked up as his glasses fell to his nose. A stout woman with coconut-shaped hair smiled. The man then stood up quickly and bowed. HyeYoung was put to work right away by
being placed as a waitress.

There weren't many customers except the crazy girls who had been shrieking before. HyeYoung served them all and was very polite. She helped out in the kitchen, hoping to be of some use.

At closing time, HyeYoung gathered all the dirty dishes and began to wash them. She brushed her hair back from her face and scrubbed off the remains of food smeared on the plates. It was amazing how much food people left on the plates. And all of it had to be thrown away because of customers that couldn’t even eat a little more. She put everything away and walked out of the kitchen. There was nobody there. She walked around to find all the employees bowing to someone. HyeYoung quickly filed into line beside her coworkers and looked at the man in front of her. It was the man from before, the one who had walked out of the restaurant trying to flee from fans.

The employee beside you nudged you and cleared his throat. You weren’t sure why he had until you saw everyone staring at you.

“I’m HyeYoung, a new employee. Mianhe for being late, but I was washing the dishes.”

When she said her name, the man’s eyes widened and grew sad for a second, but he then composed himself. He talked about how well business was going because of his musical career and confessed he wanted people to come not for him, but for the food. The man smiled and left. He waved at everyone and drove away in a black van.

“Oh…he’s so handsome. I love when he comes to talk to us.” The woman with coconut-shaped hair clasped both hands together and sighed.

“The only thing you like is his face. But he is a good manager and I admire him a lot.” The man with glasses snapped.

HyeYoung quietly took her stuff and left home. That man seemed familiar to her. The look in his eyes, his hair; no it couldn’t be. She shrugged and decided it was nothing at all.


{(?? Point of View)}

I drove away to my high school, the place I met her. It was dark and the doors were locked. I jumped over the fence and sat down on the bench, hidden under the tree. It had been several years since I had been here. It was like I was reliving the past; all I saw was her laughter, her smiles, and the way she was. I regret not having been able to explain what had happened. I remembered my confession to her and how sweetly she responded. I had planned on walking her to school the next day, but everything changed when I opened the door of my house.

<<-_Flashback_->>

I walked in smiling and took off my shoes. My mother came to me and I was about to hug her when I saw tears in her eyes. My body tensed and I ran over to her. She threw my arms off and started to yell.

“Why? I told you clearly HyunJoong! Your father and I made it very clear that we wanted you to get a real job. What is the meaning of this?”

I looked at the paper she held in her hand. It was concerning the auditions I was going to try out for in the next month.

“Omma, that’s mine!”

My father ran up to me and shook my shoulders.

“You ungrateful wretch! We told you we wanted you to get a serious profession and succeed in the future. It is for your own good! We know what is best for you!”

I was furious now. It was enough that they were looking through my stuff, but now they were saying my dream was worthless?! I snatched the paper and shoved it down my pocket.

“Yes, I HyunJoong am a wretch, an ungrateful bastard! All I want is to become a singer and you know that! I understand that you want to become successful for my own good, but I just don’t want that. I have lived with you and respected your thoughts and wishes. Why must you stomp over my dreams and question my beliefs?”

My father’s face transformed into something that frightened me. His eyes squinted and his mouth twisted around. Before I could even back away, he slapped me. The man grabbed my shirt and held his fist out. My mother covered in shock and started to cry all over again. She pleaded him to stop and went down on her knees. That ticked me off. I hate, despise when people beg. It is so degrading and worthless.

“Kumani Omma! Apa, I am tired of this! Why won’t you let me live my own life? I am old enough to make some of my own decisions now.”

My father let go of my shirt and pushed me aside. He walked into a room and closed the door. I followed behind and realize it was my room he had entered. He was digging through my stuff as if he were looking for something. My eyes widened at seeing what he held. My guitar; it had cost me months of work as a busboy. He looked at me and then threw my guitar, smashing it into pieces.

“A—appa!” He left my room and said nothing, not even ‘sorry’. Furious, I gathered my clothes and some of my savings in my backpack. There was no way I was staying. I waited until it was one in the morning and left. I felt bad for my mother and left her a note saying I wasn’t coming back.

<<-_End of flashback_->>


I looked up at the sky and remembered the girl from the restaurant, HyeYoung. She was pretty, but what had caught my attention wasn’t her looks—it was her name. HyeYoung.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------