Was This Love?

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

I FINALLY updated!! Yay! Don't know how but I actually managed to finish a chapter! :D I want to thank all those special people that commented and subscribed. Thank you SunriseYB for stalking my fanfic, you touched me once again. This is dedicated to ALL of my readers. 


 

 

HyeYoung covered Jaejoong with his blankets and turned off the lights. She was about to get up when she had the sudden urge to reach out her hand to touch his face. His skin was so smooth, like a newborn baby. She was about to tug back her hand when Jaejoong grabbed it, holding it close to his cheek. “Please, don’t go…”

HyeYoung smiled and she placed her hand over his forehead. It felt like it was burning. The heat from Jaejoong’s forehead surprised HyeYoung, making her jump. She hasped and covered him with more blankets. She brushed back his silky brown hair and stood up. She walked out of the room and to the living room where the four boys were. They had been laughing, but at the sight of HyeYoung, they shushed up and just smiled.

Like angels…no, more like demons trying to cover up as angels.


“HyeYoung-ah…!”


She was worried about Jaejoong and the look in her eyes caught the boys’ attention. “Wegure?” Changmin placed his hands over her shoulders, hoping for a response.


“Jaejoong…he has a fever”


“Is he alright?”


“It’s all my fault…because of me…”


Changmin wrapped his arms around her and patted her back. She didn’t cry, but felt a pang of guilt for having been the reason of so much trouble. “Do you need any help?”


HyeYoung smiled, glad that Changmin was kind enough to offer his help. “I’ll manage, don’t worry. Just take the guys out while I take care of Jaejoong. Araso?”


“Alright, we have to practice for Music bank anyway and I’m sure Jaejoong hyung wouldn’t be happy if we stayed home being lazy instead of preparing for the big event.”


“Music Bank? What is that? A bank for music so people won’t steal it…?”


Chuckling, Changmin replied, “It’s a concert in which many groups/singers perform to promote new songs, stuff like that. Our manager told us last minute we’re performing so we’re not that happy about the whole situation.”


“Oh, I have never been to a concert before…”


“Chincha? Never?”


Junsu then came over smiling, “Then you should come and hear us!”


“Yeah! I mean, if you want to of course.” Yunho said, trying to sound casual and pretending to not care.


“Maybe I will, but Jaejoong has to get better first of course.”


Changmin took that as his cue to take all the boys outside so they could practice, “Ok you guys, we need to practice for Music bank, we only have a few days left.” He pushed the three boys out, not letting them say a word in protest. It was only until the door shut, that the three boys could finally speak their mind.

“Yah! Why do we have to go? Can’t you see I was talking to her?” Yunho rolled his eyes as he folded his arms.

“I don’t know if you noticed, but I was talking to her as well! In fact, you butted in the entire conversation.” Junsu pouted.

Yoochun raised his arms, hoping to end the discussion. “Look, we need to practice for the concert. If she goes, then we want to look our best for her, right?”

“Oh yeah…” Both Junsu and Yunho realized that it was true; they now had a bigger reason to practice.


“Besides,” interrupted Changmin, “HyeYoung is Jaejoong Hyung’s girl.”


“No way!”


“I refuse to believe it! AH-NI-YO!” Junsu pouted as he stuck out his tongue.


Yoochun sighed, “Shut up and keep walking you guys.”




HyeYoung prepared soup for Jaejoong, making sure it wasn’t too hot; she didn’t want him to burn his tongue.


She walked into his room, peeking from the side to make sure if he was asleep. A soft snore reassured her of his current state and she gladly stepped in. Placing the soup on a stool, she came across a small frame, a picture of Jaejoong with another girl…

‘Who could this be?’

It was better for her not to get nosey even if the girl in the photo seemed to be close to Jaejoong. It seemed from quite some time ago, but HyeYoung couldn’t help feeling a bit strange. ‘Bleh, it’s nothing.’ She then heard a groan come from Jaejoong as he rolled to the side. Jaejoong yawned, stretching his arms out to the side. Rubbing his eyes, he sat up and tried to see who had entered his room.

Smiling, HyeYoung covered Jaejoong’s eyes with her small hands. He frantically squirmed, afraid of it being a crazy fan. Pushing the person to the side, he jumped up, coming face to face with a surprised HyeYoung.

“HyeYoung-ah! Oh, you scared me”

“Why are you so jumpy today?”

“I don’t know.”

“Feeling better?”

“A bit. Though my head feels a bit warm still.”

“Here have a bit of soup, I made it just right now.”

“Last time I recall, your food wasn’t so great…”

“Bwoh?”

“You heard me.”

“Chincha?”

He started to laugh his unique laugh, the one that would make everyone around him laugh as well.“Yah, you fell for it.”

She socked him in the arm and was about to go for a second throw when Jaejoong blocked it. He trapped her two fists with a smirk, sticking out his tongue. HyeYoung wouldn’t admit defeat just yet and she fidgeted around. Losing hope, she stuck out her leg to kick him, but he beat her to it. They twirled around on the bed and he was suddenly on top of her. Her cheeks turned a shade of bright red; the position they were in was very awkward.

He leaned in forward a bit, getting closer to HyeYoung. She started to close her eyes as she felt him come nearer. He was surprised at her reaction; he had expected her to push him off or something to end the awkwardness. But she had not done anything at all. Could this mean that they actually had a chance? He couldn’t just stop to think and he knew that. This was a rare opportunity and he was not going to waste it. When was he going to get a chance like this ever again?

The two of them shut their eyes and their lips were inches from meeting…



Jaejoong cleared his throat as he jumped off HyeYoung. The moment was ruined. By a stupid phone call.

HyeYoung smiled as she reached out for her phone. “Yeobosayo?”

“HyeYoung.”

“Deugosayo?”

“It’s me HyunJoong.”

“HyunJoong oppa?”

Jaejoong flinched at hearing the name. His insides were twisting, burning with a feeling, which he couldn’t quite understand well. Was this…jealousy?

“We need to talk.”

“I—I’m kind of busy right now.”

“HyeYoung, listen to me. You can’t keep running away from me forever. I finally found you.”

“But-”

“HyeYoung just come meet me at least once. Let me at least explain better.”

“F-fine.”

“Ok then, I’ll pick you up at your house?”

“No! I’m um somewhere else. Where do you want to meet?”

“School. The bench only you and me know about.”

“Araso.” She closed the phone with her eyes widened.


Jaejoong knew from what he had heard and from what he had seen in her eyes that he was nothing now. His chance—it had been taken away from him. Fate was not on his side. “Who was it?” He knew who it was, but asked HyeYoung just for in case.



“It was HyunJoong. He wants me to meet him right now.”

“Where?”

“It’s an old place, you wouldn’t know about it.”

“I can take you in my car--”

“No Jaejoong! No. You still aren’t feeling better and besides, I have to do this alone.”

“Ok then. See ya later?”

HyeYoung smiled in response. She hugged Jaejoong and then ran out the door with a wave.


Jaejoong frowned as he fell back onto the bed. Why did he feel sad? He had a bad feeling about this. Like as if he had let love out his door. She had been the only one ever since…her. The frame placed atop the table beside his bed caught his attention. ‘Why did you leave me Yuri?’

He looked at the soup, which was now cold. This was his last chance. Would he let it slip out his fingers all over again? Putting his sweater on as quickly as he could, he ran out the door, hoping to find HyeYoung.


HyeYoung walked down the streets, knowing where to go. When HyunJoong had left her, she had wandered the same streets to relieve herself of her misery. She had observed other couples holding hands, eating together; it was everything she wasn’t doing. What she hadn’t done with HyunJoong. But, she couldn’t deny the fact that it really did help her before.


The school was still the same when she walked up to it. There was no one surrounding it since it was long after school time. The door, which had been a secret entrance for the security guards, was still there. It was now covered by vines and blocked by a boulder.

It was dark and she could see many stars out tonight on this night. If she were to wish upon a star, would her wish come true?

HyunJoong stood there beside her; he had been waiting for her the whole time. “When was the last time you came here?”

“The day before I set off to the United States. You?”

“A week or two ago.”

“Chincha? Waeyo?”

“I used to come here a lot. To remember you. To think. To ease my stress. I have been pretty busy you know.”

“Back in Chicago I used to think of you too.”

“Really? How? In a good or bad way?”

“Bad.”

“Bwoh?” He hadn’t quite expected that answer from her. Yeah, he hadn’t been the best guy, but did she really hate him then?

“I’m kidding. I just used to remember the first time we met. That’s all.”

“Oh.”

“You wanted to talk?”

“Ah. Well I just wanted to let you know that I’m really sorry.”

“That we couldn’t work out? You don’t have to tell me this all over again.” She turned to the side and thought of leaving. Should she? It was no use hearing the same things over and over again. It was like stabbing her heart in the same wound again and again.

He pulled her back, “Saranghae HyeYoung.” Into his arms. “I know it might be late, but I really do. I never forgot you, never. You are the one person who can heal me, make me smile, and see the world like never before.”

“I…”

“HyeYoung, can you give me another chance? I promise to love you, and I won’t leave you again.”

“Well…”

He looked down at her, into her eyes.

Could she love him again? Could they go back to those good times? And be happy?

She smiled, though she really didn’t know why. She had never stopped loving HyunJoong and she knew it, but what was stopping her? What was getting in between her and HyunJoong?

HyunJoong lowered his head to her, lowering his lips to hers. Both their lips brushed against each other, for a few seconds. HyeYoung was surprised; it had been so long since he had kissed her. So long since she had been in his arms.


Was this love?

 


So I finally updated. Yes I know, its been quite a while right? Well I'm feeling much better now. Today was still annoying though. Stupid chemistry teacher said my another student copied my work so I got no credit for it. What a witch!!

Please do comment and let me know how this last chapter was.

As you know, I've been doing lots of stories lately so I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I recently tried a rated story and that went pretty well. So feel free to check out any other ones.

This chapter took me like two to three hours LOL and my dad is pissed. Parents are SO complicated. 

=