Nonsense.

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

“…other than beg me to not tell you…” With that, Jaejoong collapsed to the floor.

HyunJoong rushed over to his friend, wondering if he heard right. ‘Ahnde. Jaejoong’s just saying nonsense. He is drunk and cannot probably even understand what he is saying.’


Jaejoong awoke with a migraine and was startled to be in HyunJoong’s home. He struggled to remember everything from the day before. HyeYoung…dinner at her house…the club…him yelling at HyunJoong. He smacked himself as he tried to remember what he had told HyunJoong. He couldn’t remember if he had told him about HyeYoung.


HyunJoong took a shower, remembering Jaejoong’s words from the night before. Why hadn’t he been able to find HyeYoung? Years had passed already, and like Jaejoong said, he did have important connections.

It worried him how much she must have suffered when he never returned. Would she ever be able to forgive him? There was no excuse for what he had done—he should have communicated with her at the least. It was not so difficult to send a letter, why hadn’t he? Jaejoong had been right; he was a moron. But—wait, he thought, how had he known her name in the first place? Jaejoong had said her name clearly, “HyeYoung-ah.” Had he let her name escape his lips before? There was only one way to be sure and that was to ask Jaejoong himself.



Jaejoong was preparing breakfast all by himself. He was making bindaetuk, also known as Korean pancakes. The ingredients he gathered together were flour, baking soda, green peppers, sesame oil, water, and salt.

First, he placed two cups of flour in the bowl, making sure it spread evenly. He then poured three quarter cups of water and vegetable oil. With the wooden spoon, Jaejoong stirred it all together to later add two teaspoons of sesame oil.


Reaching his arm out to grab the whisk, Jaejoong smiled. Cooking was one of the few things he enjoyed; he could forget his problems and be at peace.


After mixing everything together, Jaejoong the stove and clutched a frying pan. Gently, he then poured the mixture of the batter, flipping it from side to side.

“Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong looked up as he picked up the pancake, letting it cool on a plate. “Hmm?”

“Yesterday, you were really drunk…”


Jaejoong turned away, trying to avoid his friend’s gaze. He gulped and then looked at HyunJoong once more. “Oh. I’m really sorry about that. Was I any trouble?”

“You just called me an idiot a few times.”

“Really? Mianhae.”

“It is ok. But you also said something else…”

“Like what…?”

“Remember about that girl I told you about from my high school?”

“Uh-your first love?”

“First and only to be exact, but yeah, her. Did I ever tell you her name before?”

“HyeYoung-ah? Wasn’t that it?” Jaejoong was so close to smacking his head—he wasn’t supposed to say that.

“Oh, I must have then. So what are you making?”

“Bindaetuk.”

“Mmm…is it ready?” HyunJoong his lips as he sniffed the fresh scent of the food.

“Not yet.” Jaejoong smirked as he shook his index finger.

HyunJoong pouted and left to his room. His stomach growled, making him wrap his arms around himself. If only, he thought, if only it was HyeYoung that was cooking for him. He shut his eyes, trying to imagine a future with her. She would cook him meals, tell him jokes, be her cute self, and make him the happiest person.

Yet, instead of a beautiful HyeYoung, he had his best friend Jaejoong cooking for him. He wasn’t complaining, but he just wished he could be with his true love.

“Yah! HyunJoong! The Bindaetuk is ready! Come on or I’ll eat it all. Bbali!” Jaejoong was tempted to eat everything; the pancakes looked so good. He rubbed his two palms together, sticking his tongue out.


“Anyo! Don’t touch my food!” HyunJoong skedaddled to the kitchen, knocking down a chair. After picking it up, he snatched his plate with a grin.

The two chomped away, like as if there were no tomorrow. HyunJoong ate four pancakes while Jaejoong only ate two. Jaejoong clutched his stomach, realizing he did not feel well. His head throbbed painfully, making him run over to the bathroom.

“Kwenchana?” HyunJoong knocked on the door, worried for his friend.

“Kwenchanayo.” Jaejoong mumbled after throwing up. He looked through the cabinet, trying to find aspirin for soothing his headache.

“It’s the aftereffects of drinking so much. In other words, you have a hangover. The second drawer to the right.”

“What?”

“If I am correct, you must me searching for aspirin, right? So the second drawer to the right.”


Sure enough, there were bottles lined up, each for a different condition. Jaejoong found aspirin and popped two pills into his mouth, washing them down with water. He stood up and opened the door.


“Good to know you’re still alive.”


“You can’t get rid of me that easily. I have to go. The guys are probably worried by now.”


“I don’t think you’re leaving because of that. Jaejoong Hyung, are you sure you’re not seeing a girl?”


“Nonsense.” Jaejoong waved as he left, shutting the door. He walked to his car and wondered how HyunJoong had managed to bring it over.


Jaejoong opened the door quietly so as not to wake anyone up. Like he had imagined—the four boys were snoring. Xiah Junsu, the naïve, innocent boy was sleeping on the floor cuddling with his soccer ball. He twitched every now and then, making Jaejoong chuckle.

In the kitchen, Max Changmin had fallen asleep with his head on the table as the rest of his body slumped in the chair. Beside his head, there was a bowl of ramen that was now attracting a few buzzing flies. Jaejoong picked the bowl up and dumped it in the sink.

Micky Yoochun’s was sticking out as he slept on his stomach. His mouth was wide open. His shaggy black hair swept all over his face, covering one of his eyes.

U-Know Yunho had fallen asleep hugging a pillow. He was muttering something…like as if he were dreaming…

Jaejoong leaned closer to hear the words coming out of the group’s leader’s mouth.

Yunho puckered up his lips and uttered, “Sarangh-”

-SMACK-

Yunho rammed his head on the floor by accident. He woke up by the collision and rubbed his forehead. “Haishh. And that was such a good dream too…”


“Still single Yunho?” Jaejoong smirked.


“Yah!” Yunho jumped up and folded his arms. “It’s not like you have a special girl anyway! You’re just like me. Except I have more of a chance to meet someone special since I’m hotter.” He stuck out his tongue, not expecting a single comeback from his hyung.


“Tsk, tsk. If only you really knew.”


“Bwo?! No freaking way. It’s not possible. You have a gg-girl?”


Jaejoong chuckled as he left Yunho with his mouth hanging wide open. What a fool. Yunho had always been fretting and worrying over not having a girl in his life. Jaejoong was the only one who knew about Yunho’s secret blind date meetings. Which had all turned into disasters. One time, the girl had stalked Yunho, almost kidnapping him. Another time, another girl had hidden herself in the trunk of his car.

Usually the girls he met with were fanatics. Crazy, scary girls. Just the thought of meeting a girl like that brought chills to Jaejoong’s spine.


The phone rang and it woke up all of the boys.

Junsu pouted as he stretched out his arms, Yoochun wiped the drool off his mouth, and Changmin said he was hungry.

Jaejoong sighed and picked up the phone.“Yeobosayo? Ye. Ok, we’ll prepare ourselves.” He hung up the phone and looked up at the others.

Junsu asked, “What was it?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the ending, but I have to start on my homework since I'm going back to school tomorrow. Yeah, I know I'm such a procrastinator xDD. I had the whole week of spring break to do something but like always, ended up doing--nothing.

But at least I wrote another chapter for you guys. Please comment :D so I can update even faster.