Chapter Thirty One

She is my Queen!!!

At the palace front gate

"Jong Kook ah, are you sure you don't want to have some guards with you two?" Yoo Jae Suk ask him with worried visible in his voice.

"Don't worry about it, we will go to Kang Gary's place when we reach there anyway. Plus our identity will get leak out easier if we have guards with us."

The Queen suddenly came skipping her way towards the older men with her men's clothes on ready for her undercover mission and tap him on his chest. "Jae Suk oppa don't worry. I will take care of him."

"You?" He let out a laugh. "Yah! It it because you, the trouble maker that make me worry about him. You taking care of him? Phufff... I will be very thankful if you didn't cause trouble for him."

The Queen feeling unsatisfied with what she just heard, move forward and kicked at source of her annoyance. "Do you have opinion with me?"

"I wouldn't dare your majesty."  Yoo Jae Suk said while laughing and busy avoiding the Queen's kicks.

"That's enough JI Hyo ah. We better get going now." He wouldn't mind letting them to play around for a bit longer, it was rather very interesting to watched. But if they didn't get going now, we would pretty much arrived at the Ha Town around midnight which would be very dangerous.

The were on their way to the Ha Town and they happened to past a town which it's name had caught the Queen's attention. "Why did this place named Naive?" The Queen curiously asked.

"I don't know."

"Is it because all the villagers here are naive?" She asked again.

"I don't know." Same answer.

"How can you don't know? Aren't you the King?"

He couldn't took it anymore. The King suddenly stop in his track and turned to her. "Why did you called Song Ji Hyo?"

The Queen looked at him for a while, confused by his sudden question but she decided to answered it anyway. "Because my parents gave me that name."

"Why did they gave you  that name?"

"How should I know!!!" Why was he asking all these weird questions?!!!

"Aren't you the Queen? How can you don't know?"

She glared at him. So this was what he was up too!!! She folded her arms on her chest and walked away from him with a high pout on her lips. How dare him to tricked her?!!!

After that they had been walking silently side by side for a while when suddenly something caught the Queen's attention again. She hurriedly run toward the cord of people and peeking thru them trying to find out what was happening.

Turns out it was a house front yard. People mostly man were gathering their to have their chance to meet with the daughter of the most successful businessmen in town. The businessmen was to married his daughter off to the men that would be chose from that event.

"Thank you all of you for coming today. As all of you already know, I will be marrying my daughter to the men that is chosen today. So i hope you will do well in the competition that will be held later." An middle aged men spoke loudly on the small stage in front.

The King lazily walked towards his excited Queen. "Ji Hyo ah, what are you doing here. Let go, we have to get there before the sun goes down."

"The first competition will be poem  writing!!!" A voice announced in front.

She ignored the King who was standing beside her and run up the stage. She took the brush and dipping it in the black ink before writing on the paper. She went back down when she had finished and stood beside the King.

He stared at her for a while. "Why are you taking part of the competition?" He really couldn't figured out what was the point of her joining in.

She turned her head to him with a huge smile. "What's wrong with it? I just want to have some fun. It's not like I will win and married to that girl anyway." She said confidently.

The King could only shook his head at this lively naughty Queen of his. "You better be." He knocked her head head softly. Small smile was tugging on his lips.

Little that they knew it, a girl was observing them from on the stage. And she was kind of attracted to the two men below. Especially the one that looked smaller compared to the other one that was standing beside him.

The poem writing competition had ended, and it was time for the girl and her father to choose the winner for it. A men came up to the stage. "The family had decided to stop this competition as they had found the right person during the poem writing competition. Which also meant, the number that I will announce will be the one to married with Miss Go."

"That was fast. How did they manage to choose a person just from one competition? The chosen one must be very talented ad he manage to catch their attention just from the poem." The Queen said to the loyal men standing beside her.

"The contestant that had been chosen is contestant numbered... twenty three!!!! Congratulation!!! Contestant numbered twenty three please come up the stage!!!" The men on the stage continue which had caused the Queen dumbstruck.

"What?!!!! How can it be?!!!" She shout with disbelief.

"Why what happen?" The King felt worried by the Queen's sudden reaction.

She didn't answered anything but she does showed him the number plate she was holding.

Number 23!!!

Unfortunately, aside from the King, there was also a few other that saw her number. "He is here!!!" They shout out. "You are chosen! Go up now!" "Congratulation!" All the voices around her had made her panicking. And because of her panicked, her natural reaction was to find help from the person that she relied on.

"Umhh... Actually I'm the one who wrote the poem early. It was my master here. He is the one who wrote it. He was just to shy to go up there, that was why I'm the one going up early. Right?" She looked at the King with full of anticipation while pleading him to safe her with her eyes.

But to her disappointment, "No. I'm not!!!" He just left the people with that one sentence then he turned around and quickly walked away from the crowded place with huge steps leaving the Queen alone. 

The King felt like he could go mad because of her someday. How could she do this to her?!!!

"Kim Jong Kook, Yah Kim Jong Kook!!!" She shout out to him from behind but still the men won't stop or even slow down for a bit.

After he had left early, she had stay behind to apologized before going after him. She had been looking for him for quite a long time before she found him in the middle of the crowd. Why does he have to walked that fast? Afraid the people wouldn't know he have a long legs? Geezz...

"Kim Jong Kook you stop right there!!!" She finally couldn't stand it anymore. He was obviously ignoring her!!! And she hate it! So much!!!

He did stop this time and slowly  turned around facing her. "What?" He asked without any expression on his face.

"Why are you acting like this? Are you angry? But do you have to be angry anyway. I was just letting you married with that girl!" She stared at him, unsatisfied. What was wrong with him? I was only giving him a pretty girl, why did he have to be that angry? She thought.

"Letting me married?" He let out a cold laugh. Hurt was visible on his face. "Song Ji Hyo even though you didn't want me, you don't have to push me to someone else." He said full with disappointment.

As she saw the hurt in his expression and voice, she finally felt guiltiness took over her. She ben her head down. "I'm sorry. I know my mistake now, I promise I will never do it again." She really didn't meant to hurt him, she swear !

The King let out a heavy sighed. "Don't worry, it's not your fault anyway. I shouldn't have forcing you to stay by my side when you didn't felt happy with it. I will not forcing you again when we get back to the palace later, you can do whatever you want. I will not making you do something you don't want too anymore. Let's go now. The sun will goes down soon." He turned away and continue his walk silently.

She silently walked behind him. Remembered the hurt on his expression and what he said just now, she for some reason felt like her heart got stab by a knife. Was he cutting their relationship of? He said he wouldn't force her to stay by his side anymore, wasn't it supposed to be a good thing? Wasn't it what she had wanted from long ago? Now that she finally got it, why doesn't she felt happy about it? Why does she felt sad and hurt about it?

The Queen just silently continue to walked behind the King. She fully aware that she had hurt him to deep this time. 'This is what I had wanted, I should be happy.' She keep on reassured herself. But she couldn't help not to thought of the time they had spent together.

She like it when they argue, she like it when he hold her hand, she love the way he cared for her, she like the feeling when she laid in his embrace. But now she couldn't have any of it anymore, and it was all her fault. Silent tears start flowing down her cheeks.

After a while, the King had finally calmed himself down and only then that he felt like something wrong. There was no more voice that keep on talking non-stop beside him. He stop and turned around. The Queen who was walking with her head bend down, didn't saw that he had stop and walked right to his hard chest.

"Ouch!!!" She cares her red nose that cause the impact of hitting his hard chest and also from her crying early.

"Are you okay?" He still couldn't stop himself from being concerned about her.

She looked up to him with a small smile. "I'm fine."

"Ji Hyo ah, have you been crying?" He asked as he saw her red eyes.

She quickly wipe away the tears stain on her face. " Maybe because I hit you too hard and my tears came out."

"Really? Is it that hurt? Let me look at it."

"I'm really am fine. We better get going now." She said without looking at him and walked past him to walked in front. She knew that she couldn't relied on him anymore now.

This is it for today everyone... I hope you like it... And thanks for keep on supporting me... I will try to finish this story as fast as I can.. ^^