Chapter 13: Let you know..

If I Had a Lover

When Sooyoung about to leave the office, Joohyun called her,
“Come with me,” she said, “I’ll wait for you in lobby,” then end her call.
“Aish..I already told her that I can’t come there with her..” then they meet in lobby, “I have appoinment after this,” Sooyoung said.
“It won’t take long time,” she said then pull her hand, “let’s go.”
Here they are, in a cafe waiting for Minhyuk’s manager to discuse about the interview. Sooyoung massage her, “is it hurt?,” Joohyun asked, “you already wore that kind of heels since you worked in this magazine..you still can adapted to it?.”
“I can wear this kind of hells but, the pain from last week incident still there..” Sooyoung answered while massaging her leg.
When the manager come into the cafe, Joohyun stand up and bowed to them, Sooyoung followed her,
“Sit down please,” Joohyun said, “Minhyuk-ssi come too..?, we can talk it to your manager, it’s fine if you not come,” Joohyun said makes Sooyoung smile.
“So, I must leave the cafe now?,” he asked.
“No, it’s not what I mean, sit down please, sorry if my words are too harsh..”
They discusing about the concept that will be used for the photoshoot and what kind of question that will be asked to Minhyuk, Sooyoung just silently watching them until one question..
“Did you ever date before?,” Joohyun said, Sooyoung became worried, “is it okay to ask that question,” she asked.
“It’s okay,” when Minhyuk said that his manager turn his head to him, “I think it’s okay if they ask about it, I don’t mind it.” That’s make Sooyoung dumbfound, Minhyuk look at Sooyoung face, and ask, “what’s wrong with your face?.”
“It’s nothing,” she answered, Joohyun look at Sooyoung and pinch her arm.
The discusion end in an hour, when Sooyoung about to leave the cafe, a call come,
“Hello..”
“Where are you now?,” the one who called her asked.
“I’m in a cafe, near your hospital. I’ll come there..no need to pick me up..,” and end the call. Minhyuk look at her, “then I leave first..” she said then leave the cafe with the pain leg.
She is waiting for her boyfriend in hospital’s lobby while massaging her leg,
“oowwh..,” Sungjae saw that from a far, he back to his locker to take something.
“Wear it,” he said while give her a pair of shoes, “I already said to you, don’t wear hells if your leg still feel pain, why you didn’t listen to your boyfriend?,” he said, when he is about to put the shoes on her leg, she grab his arm,
“I’ll wear it..don’t do it here,” she said then take the shoes from Sungjae, “thank you, I’ll wear it well..” than she stand and grab his arm while the other hand bring her heels, “let’s go..” Sungjae took her heels and bring it for her,
“We’ll ride buss tonight..” he said, “suddenly I miss that day..”
“What’s wrong with your car?,” she asked.
“Nothing wrong with my car..I just suddenly miss that day, when we go to school and ride the buss together..” Sooyoung noding.
“Ahh..today really a tiring day..,” Sooyoung said after they arrived at buss stop.
“Are you really busy?,” he asked.
“Hmm..because in we are in hurry for complate next month edition..” the buss come and they ride it, “hmm..I want to tell you something,” Sooyoung said.
“I also want to tell you something..., then you first..”
“Minhyuk became our model for next month edition.., and I’m in charge for it. It’s okay, right?,” she said, Sungjae smile.
“The thing that I want to tell you is about Minhyuk too...Minhyuk is my patient now, he’s treated in my hospital, I’m in charge for him. Why I fell it’s funny..,” he said then smile again, “he suddenly come..he did nothing, but we feel something wrong when we saw him, right..?,” that’s right, it’s exactly how Sooyoung feel right now.
“Hmm..I feel that too,” Sungjae take Sooyoung hand then rubbing it,
“You won’t comeback to him, right?,” he suddenly asked about it, “I became worried now, he came as a cool person who earned a lot of money, but me still an intern doctor..couldn’t earn money as much as him..” Sooyoung who heard that burst out laughing, “why are you laughing?,” he innocently asked that.
“It’s funny. Our beloved boyfriend..I’m not a high schoolar anymore..don’t worry. When there is a cool man in front of me, I won’t take a look to another place..haha. You may an intern now, just wait two months..you’ll became an official doctor..” while rubbing his head.
“Our beloved girlfriend, I’m not a kids anymore, so don’t do this again..” and take her hand from his head, hold it tight.
“Why are you so cute like this?,” she asked while smiling widely.
“I’m always cute..did you just noticed that I’m cute..even we already know each other for years..” Sooyoung laugh again and Sungjae smile while looking at her.
*
Yerin come again to the hospital again, she meet Ilhoon there,
“Hello,” she greet Ilhoon first, when Ilhoon look at her, he look hesitant whether she is really Yerin or not, they are only meet once before,
“Ah..hello, what are you doing here?,” he asked after realized that she is really Yerin.
“Can I meet patient named Lee Soowon?, last week I came here and the nurse said that she is not in a good condition, so they want me to leave and back again later..,” she asked while giving Ilhoon a photo.
“Lee Soowon?..ah, she is Sungja’s patient,” not long after he said that, Sungjae come out from patient room, “Sungjae-yah,” he called him, Sungjae get closer to him, then he realized someone next to him, “she want to meet your patient,” after hit his arm, Ilhoon leave them.
“What wrong?, why you want to meet my patient..” Sungjae asked.
“Lee Soowon, she is the person who I want to meet last week,” after said that, Sungjae accomopany her to Soowon’s room,
“I hope you don’t force her..have a nice talk,” he said then leave them.
“Why she looking for Lee Soowon-ssi?,” Ilhoon asked when Sungjae back from that room.
“She said that Lee Soowon is her client’s witness, she need her statement so her client will win in court..”
“Ah..Sungjae-yah, I want to ask you something..” suddenly he draging Sungjae to cafetaria..
“What’s wrong?,” Sungjae asked.
“Let me know...how you confessed your feeling to Sooyoung..”
“Why suddenly asking that..it’s already 5 years ago, and you never asked that to me before,” Sungjae looking at Ilhoon face who look shy, “because you want to confess your feeling too?,” he asked make Ilhoon look shocked, “to Sunghwan?,” it’s make him more shocked.
“Yah..” he suddenly hit him hard, “it’s not like that..”
“So, it’s really Sunghwan...hahaha..” Sungjae laughing, “you want my advice..?,” he asked then Ilhoon noding, “but don’t copy my way..you looking for another way to confess to Sunghwan..”
“Yah..why you said her name?,” he look annoyed.
“Why?, there is no one who know her in this hospital beside the two of us. Because Sooyoung disn’t like public confession, so I confess to her privately..through headphone,” he start telling Ilhoon about his confession.
“Head phone, how?.”
“It’s only a romantic guy who think such smart idea like that..haha,” he suddenly pround of himself, Ilhoon look dumbfouded, “just do it sincerly...because that sincere really make someone heart move..don’t do something big but in the end doesn’t give single move in her heart..just do it with your heart...I did like that too..I do it sincerely..”
5 years ago:
Sooyoung just come from her part time job, when she pass the park someone called her name,
“Sooyoung-ah,” she then turn her head, that boy bring a headphone and phone in his hand.
“What’s wrong?, where are you from?,” she asked.
“From that park. Wanna listen to the music?, ” he give her his headphone.
“But we can’t share it,” she said.
“Just hear it by yourself..” then he start the music with her favourite song, ‘the things I want to do if I have a lover’, Sooyoung turn her head to him,
“Yah, I don’t like this song anymore..” she said, when she about to take down the head phone, Sungjae stop her,
“I'll change it, just wear that,” Sungjae change the song for her,”you will like it.” Then she listen to it,

 

“What he did to you?,”


“Oh..it's Sunghwan's voice,” she sound excited, Sungjae grining, but not long after that...”Oh..what is this?,” she said out loud.

“He make me waiting like this..he should know

that I’m waiting for his real confession..but 

he doesn’t do it till now..”


she realized that it's her voice, when she about to take down the head phone one again, Sungjae grab the head phone, and paused the recording, “just wear it, I'll holding it so you won't take down once again,” he said then hold the head phone that still on Sooyoung's head, Sooyoung looking at him, “look straight...” he said then turn her head. He play it,


“Sorry, If I made you wait”


That's Sungjae voice..Sooyoung looking at him again, “I said, look straight..you'll fall if you look at me like that..”then grining.


“You ever said to me that you kinda afraid

if he really do that..
then both of you will end up dating each other..”


It's Sunghwan's voice again, then..Sungjae voice again,

“Why are you afraid?, isn't it a good thing that

we end up dating?.”


Sooyoung smile while looking at Sungjae, “confession?,” she asked then grab his hand that holding the head phone on her head, “I won't take it down..” Sungjae smile to her,


“Hmm..he’s my friend..and if we dating each other..

I'm afraid that someday
if we break up, it’ll end up like me and Lee Minhyuk..

and I hate it if we end up like that...,”


It's Sunghwan's voice again, “ah..she record it..this girl, seriously..” she said.


“It won't end up like that, I promise..”


Sooyoung smiling, “how dare you to said that. We didn't even start it, ” Sooyoung said, Sungjae hit her arm,

“Then..don’t break up..”
“That’s right, Sunghwan-ah...”

“It’s funny,” she said then laugh.

“When you are in relationship..it’s really hard to

avoid that..no matter
how close you are to your couple..
no matter how sweet your relationship is..
no matter how much you love each other..


we’ll have a fight..and that fight will lead to break up..”
It’s became silent, there is no voice that come out, but when she is about to take down the head phone,

“Don’t worry about it, I know that..when you are in relationship,
it’s really hard to avoid that..but we’ll go through it..
If you trust me, I’ll trust you..
That no matter how angry we are to each other

when we are in relationship..
we can fight, but we won’t break up..”


It’s became silent again..Sooyoung smile, “is it really you who said it?, wah..you know a lot about it. Were Yerin unni told you about it...” she asked, Sungjae grab her hand, and pause the recording,
“Let’s try to avoid the fight, don’t ever bring up something that will lead to fight,” he said with a little smile on his face.
“We are not in relationship right now, why I must concider that..haha. Play it again..it’s really fun..” Sungjae hold his anger,
“Ah..what kind of confession is it?, there is no romance at all..you destroyed all of it..” he said.
“You want do a romance confession?, then do it in a luxurious restaurant, why you do it here?,” she said then smile.
“Ah, just end it here, take it down..,” he forcing her to take down the head phone.
“Aiyy..what’s wrong?,” Sooyoung take the phone from him, “I’ll play it, don’t get mad..you get mad so easily..” she smile once again.
“It’s like you are making fun of me,” Sungjae said. Sooyoung play it again,

“So, what’s your answer if I say..
I Love you Sooyoung-ah..I hope you answer it now,
because after this you won’t get a chance to answer it..”

It’s became silent again, “Why?, after this where are you going to go?,” she asked, Sungjae didn’t give her the answer, “ah..really, you..” when she is about to say something, his voice come out again..

“After this I’ll go to the army..
So, answer it now..so I can go to the army with smile..
because there is someone who waiting for me.”

The atmospher change, it’s became cold now..”it’s a lie, right?, you never told me about it..,” the recording end there, Sooyoung turn her head to face Sungjae who is walking behind her, “tell me that’s it’s lie. You want me to answer it now, but after that you leave me..what is that?,” she said, her face look sad, Sungjae walk closer to her,
“So, what’s your answer then?,” he asked, “I’ll be back and became a cool man in front of you after that..it’s not like I go to war and never comeback..” he said to calm Sooyoung who is about to cry.
“When?,” she asked, “tell me..when will you go there?, how long I should wait?.”
“About two weeks from now..you really want to wait for me?, it’s not that long, it’s just 2 years, ” he asked with a smile.
“How can you smile now..,” she hits him, “after making me wait that long..you still want me to wait for you that long?,” she asked, she start crying.
“Don’t cry....this time..even if you waiting for me for 2 years, you know that I won’t go anywhere, because I always in your heart..” he said then smile again while wiping her tears, “so, what’s your answer?,” he asked again.
“Didn’t you already know my answer from the start?, you heard it from that recording,” she still crying.
“Then, is it yes?,” he walk closer again, Sooyoung noding, Sungjae smile, he then kiss her on her lips, “thank you,” then hug her, “ohh..uri Sooyoung-ie is crying because her oppa will leave her..” he patting her back, then he get hit once again, “don’t worry, I won’t leave you..not until the next six months,” Sooyoung shocked after heard that.
“Yah..con artist,” she said while hit him.
“How can you said that to your boyfriend?, I’m not lying that I will leave you..but not that fast..haha,” he then smile widely, “wah..I’m waiting for this moment that long..that was really long journey for me..” Sooyoung shaking her head.
“Ah..I can’t believe it that..I’m dating a con artist...why were I crying for this con artist..” Sooyoung said out of anger.
“That’s my first and last time..” then hug her again.
“After this..if you try to lie again to me, we’ll break up..” after heard that, Sungjae close with his hand,
“Yah..we just became couple..that’s such a dangerous words to say..” then smile again.
*
“Then, should I do it like that?,” Ilhoon asked after heard his story.
“Looking for another way wo confess to her, don’t try to copy me..what will you do if Sunghwan doesn’t like it?,” he teased Ilhoon again.
“Yah..did I said to you that the girl I want to confess is Sunghwan?, why you said that name again and again..” Sungjae shaking his head while listening to his friend’s nag, “then, how about your confession to that woman,” he point out someone with his finger, that woman who smile to Sungjae while walking towards him, “you never told me, even I asked you everytime..” he said, then he stand when Yerin stand not far from them, then Ilhoon bowing, “then I leave first..tell me about it later..” then smiling, Yerin just smile to him back.
“What were you two talking about?, it’s look something fun?,” she asked.
“Nothing. Is it finished?, will you come again to meet her?,” Sungjae asked.
“Maybe..you didn’t curious what kind of case I’m working now?,” she asked.
“Should I curious about your case?, then I’ll leave first..” when Sungjae about to leave,
“It’s about..your girlfriend’s father case. Some of them said that he committed suiced, but there is one of his close friend that said he get shot by his own team mate..and that person who said that is my client, your patient is the witness for the incident that happen a year ago..” she explained all of the story that she know. Sungjae frozen, didn’t move his body,
“Don’t ever told it to Sooyoung, just told me about the detail, I’ll help you with anything..” after said that he leave.
“You really love her..when I said her name you immedietly stop. Ha, I guess I really don’t have chance to enter to your live again..” then leave the hospital with a bitter smile.