Conflict

Falling For You Again

 

Jessica quickly ran out of the college grounds and bolted straight for the park.

She settled herself on one of the empty swings.

She then heard footsteps approaching her.

“What do you want?” Jessica said bluntly when she saw Yuri standing there.

“Oh nothing really.” Yuri took the swing next to her.

There was only the sound of the swings squeaking as Yuri started swinging herself.

“Why are you here then?” Jessica asked again bluntly

“Oh, just worried about my student”

Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Why are you worried?”

“I notice things earlier than others Jessica. I know what you're feeling.”

“Oh then tell me. What am I feeling? Because I myself don’t know what I'm feeling.” Jessica asked sarcastically

“Jealously” Yuri just answered back bluntly as she swung her feet again

Jessica rolled her eyes.

“I'm pretty sure though, what you feel towards Taeyeon isn’t love.” Yuri suddenly said

“Mwo?” Jessica let out a sarcastic laugh.

“She protects you and acts kind towards you. But what you feel towards her isn’t that kind of love. And Taeyeon probably doesn’t love you in that way either.”

“Who are you to lecture me?” Jessica stood up from the swing and went over to slide

“Your tutor.” Yuri flashed a smile.

“Okay then. What do I feel towards Taeyeon?” Jessica turned around and glared at Yuri.

Yuri remained calm.

“Sisterly love” Yuri flashed a smile.

“What a joke.” Jessica smirked

“Well. Do you want to kiss Taeyeon? Marry her?” Yuri got up from her swing and stood closer to Jessica.

Jessica hesitated. She never really wanted that

“No? See? It’s not that kind of love” Yuri crossed her arms and smiled.

“You're suddenly the expert?” Jessica defended herself.

“Yepp. I was the same. I used to think that I liked Taeyeon, but I soon realised that it was a different kind of love.” Yuri took a step closer to Jessica.

“Anything else you want to ask?” Yuri smiled

Jessica just turned her back

“Well whatever it is, you have to realise it sooner or later. Taeyeon doesn’t love you romantically. Nor do you love her romantically. The sooner you realise this the sooner you will be able to enjoy your life freely” and with that Yuri left Jessica alone.

Jessica stood there for a while, thinking about what Yuri said.

She never wanted to date Taeyeon, nor intend to marry her. She just admired her and wanted to be protected by her.

Jessica let out a sigh as she climbed up the slide and sat down.

“What do I think of Taeyeon?” Jessica muttered to herself.

 

 

 

 

Back at the music room Sooyoung was starting to pace up and down in front of the door.

“This isn’t good” she kept muttering to herself.

“Sooyoung? What isn’t good? Isn’t it better that Taeyeon starts to get closer to everyone?” Yoona questioned.

“No it’s not. Nor is it good for any of you to get close to anyone” Sooyoung answered back coldly

This took Yoona and SeoHyun aback.

“What’s wrong with them getting closer to us?” SeoHyun asked innocently.

“Because you become attached” Sooyoung answered back again.

“And… what’s wrong with that?” Yoona was confused.

Sooyoung stopped pacing and glared at Yoona.

She then shot a look at SeoHyun.

Sooyoung opened to say something but was interrupted by someone.

“I won't get close to her” said a voice coldly

Behind Yoona and SeoHyun the music door was open and Taeyeon was standing there with a cold look on her face.

“I should know better than anyone to get close to a human” Taeyeon quickly shut the door behind her and left.

“Human?” SeoHyun looked at Yoona.

“Aha… Taeyeon was just being spiteful, that’s all” Yoona lied.

From inside the music room they could still hear Tiffany playing the piano.

Yuri had now returned to them

“What’s up?” Yuri asked.

“Yoona, Yuri, my office now” Sooyoung quickly disappeared down the hall towards her office.

Yuri looked at Yoona as she gave a shrug.

“SeoHyun stay here with Tiffany then. Jessica’s just thinking for a bit” Yuri said to SeoHyun

SeoHyun just nodded as she entered the music room with Tiffany.

 

 

 

Yuri and Yooona had now entered Sooyoung’s office.

“Sit” Sooyoung ordered them bluntly

The two Elites quickly took their seats.

“I am reminding you again. Do not get close to any human being. It will only cause hurt in the future.” Sooyoung was being serious

“I don’t see how it can hurt. I mean IF, and I mean IF, we do get attached to them, can't we just turn them immortal too?” Yoona shrugged her shoulders

“No!” Sooyoung slammed her hand against the desk

“It isn’t as simple as that. Do you know how hard it is to create an immortal? It’s the reason there aren’t immortals running around the streets” Sooyoung threw her hands up in the air.

Yuri and Yoona bit their lip

“You guys have no idea how lucky you are to successfully become an immortal. Though you aren’t full blooded”

“What do you mean?” Yuri spoke up

“Explain to us how to become an immortal then. All we know is that it happens during a red moon.” Yoona spoke this time.

Sooyoung sighed

“Well firstly you need a human. Secondly you need a pure blooded immortal. The immortal then gives some of their blood for the human to drink” Sooyoung gritted her teeth

“Then what’s so hard about it?” Yoona questioned

“Well one, there aren’t too many pure blooded immortals out there. And two, there is only a small chance that it will work. You two are part of the lucky 5%. Taeyeon is the lucky 0.1%”

“Why is Taeyeon 0.1?” Yuri was curious

“She’s pure blooded”

“Wait. If she was human, how can she be pure blooded?”

“We immortals are special in a way I guess. Pure bloods are created the same way normal immortals are. It’s just something that happens during the red moon that causes them to be pure blooded. In all the 200 years I've lived, I've only met 2. Taeyeon included”

Yuri and Yoona dropped their jaw as they said ‘ohhh’

“Then why does Taeyeon want to be human so badly? Isn’t it lucky that we get to live forever?”

“I guess you can say we were. But Taeyeon has experienced things that would otherwise change her view on immortality.”

“MiYoung?” Yuri questioned

“Yea…. Err No” Sooyoung quickly changed her answer

“Something happened to Taeyeon. And all we know is that it involved MiYoung. Why won't you tell us Sooyoung?” Yuri now crossed her arms

“It’s Taeyeon’s business who knows and who doesn’t. If she doesn’t tell you than I have no right to tell you either. You're dismissed” Sooyoung left her office.

“Yuri… I think I know what Sooyoung is trying to say.” Yoona tugged on Yuri’s sleeve

“Hm?”

“Well, if we were to get close to anyone, they would die before we do. If we chose to make them immortal there is a 95% chance that it won't work.” Yoona started lowering her voice.

“I guess so” Yuri patted Yoona’s back.

“I’m starting to think being immortal ” Yoona suddenly said.

“We never chose to be one though. Guess fate just loves to mess with others” Yuri hugged Yoona.

“Well at least I got someone like you to look after me.”

“Haha. Tell you what. Why don’t you be my kid then?” Yuri looked into Yoona’s eyes.

“Huh?”

“Well since we can't have kids of our own, why don’t I become your parent? I mean I will always look after you.”

Yoona paused for a while, thinking about Yuri’s offer

“Sure why not?” Yoona beamed

The two of them started laughing at their new family arrangements.

 

 

That sun started to set as Taeyeon was sitting on top of the roof.

When the sun had set there was nothing but the light of the full moon.

Taeyeon’s eyes then started to glow a bluey color.

“Ugh. Full moon.” Taeyeon complained.

She then receive a text from Yoona and Yuri.

To: Taeyeon

Full moon again huh?
I hate what it does to our eyes. You're lucky you get blue.

From: Yoona

 

To: Taeyeon

Woot Full moon. Not.
Enjoying your blue eyes? Cause I'm not enjoying my red eyes

From: Yuri

 

 

Because Taeyeon was a pure blood, her eyes would go blue in the full moon, the only sign which showed her pure blood.

Yuri and Yoona however did not have blue eyes in the full moon. They only had red eyes.

The three of them would avoid being seen during the full moon as they didn’t want the humans to see their weird eye colors.

There was an exception to that rule though.

Whenever there was a red moon, Taeyeon’s eyes would go red while the others go blue.

 

 

To: Yuri; Yoona

Wait till the red moon then

From: Taeyeon

 

Taeyeon sent the message and then stared up at the bright full moon.

*Another lonely night* Taeyeon thought

Yoona and Yuri were in their own rooms as they received the text from Taeyeon.

Yuri smiled as she closed her phone and started watching TV.

*Another long night* she thought

Yoona pouted at the message as she started taking out a skipping rope

*I'm going to try and break my record of 4 hours* Yoona smiled as she began skipping non-stop.

Jessica was in the lounge with Tiffany and SeoHyun.

SeoHyun decided to go sleep early which left Tiffany and Jessica alone.

She couldn’t sleep however as she remembered what Taeyeon said about ‘getting close to HUMANS’

She spent all her night trying to figure what Taeyeon meant.

*Why won't it be tomorrow already?* SeoHyun dug her head into the pillows

The two of them kept thinking about Taeyeon.

*Do I really think of her as s sister?* Jessica thought

*Why does she act so differently at times?* Tiffany thought

The two of them decided to go to sleep.

“Night Tiff”

“Night Jess”

Jessica lay in her bed as she tossed and turned, thinking about what Yuri said.

*Long night this is going to be* she thought to herself as she couldn’t get any sleep.

Tiffany did the same as she finally gave up and checked the time on her phone.

Only 3 minutes has passed since she last checked.

*When will this night end?* she groaned

All six of the girls were restless that night as the full moon watched over them