Overnight Stay

Falling For You Again

 

 

Tiffany hurriedly ran out the classroom, pulling her bag over her shoulder as she took out her phone. She searched through her contacts to find the number that Yoona had just recently given her.

To: Taeyeon.
Please meet me at the park as soon as possible.
From: Tiffany

Tiffany smiled widely as she hugged her phone and made her way the park outside the college. She skipped towards the middle of the park where the fountain was located and took her seat on a bench nearby as she waited.

 

Taeyeon was walking down the college hallways when she received a message. As Taeyeon read it a confused expression grew on her face.

*What does she want now? Moreover… How did she get my number!?* Taeyeon thought deeply as she locked her phone.

“Good afternoon Elite Kim” one of the students bowed as they passed.

Taeyeon paid no attention whatsoever towards them as she slowly started walking towards the park, taking her own time to get there.

As Taeyeon approached the middle of the park she noticed something blowing in the wind that caught her eye. She turned her head to the side to see a bright pink scarf blowing in the wind. At the end of the scarf was a girl who was nuzzled warmly into it.

Taeyeon walked up slowly and knocked the girl’s forehead with her knuckle.

“Was there something you needed?” Taeyeon asked.

The girl looked up and gave her a bright smile. It was no other than Tiffany.

“Not something that I needed.” Tiffany answered back smugly.

Taeyeon just nodded slowly as she watched the sky slowly turn a bright orange as the sun was beginning to set. She then turned her attention to Tiffany with an accusing look on her face.

“How did you get my number?” Taeyeon asked bluntly.

Tiffany backed up at Taeyeon’s sudden question but just smiled sweetly back in response.

“I asked Yoona” Tiffany answered back innocently.

She watched as Taeyeon’s expression slowly turned into an annoyed one.

“Please don’t take any points!” Tiffany suddenly begged as she held her hands up in a begging position.

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany weirdly. She then started chuckling at the worried Tiffany.

“I won’t take any points off this time” Taeyeon reassured. “So if you didn’t need anything was there anything else?”

Tiffany lowered her hands with a sigh of relief. She then stood up next to Taeyeon and nodded.

“Yoona told me that immortals don’t sleep. She also told me that you get easily bored during the night” Tiffany started.

Taeyeon just nodded hesitantly, not knowing where Tiffany was going with the situation.

“Well… Since tomorrow is Saturday, I thought I should entertain you for one night” Tiffany gave a bright innocent smile.

“No thank you” Taeyeon immediately rejected as she turned away.

Tiffany’s expression dropped immensely.

“You would probably fall asleep as soon as the clock strikes three” Taeyeon shrugged as she began walking away.

Tiffany ran in front of Taeyeon and stopped her as she shook her head furiously. She then reached in her bag to pull out a jar of coffee.

“I’ll be awake” Tiffany announced determinedly.

Taeyeon looked at the jar curiously.

“What do you plan on doing that will keep me entertained then?” Taeyeon challenged.

Tiffany held her index finger up, telling Taeyeon to wait as she put the jar back into her bag and pulled out a piece of paper. The paper was listed with things Tiffany had planned to do with Taeyeon during the night, including playing games, star gazing, inviting Yuri and Yoona over and even some movies to watch.

Taeyeon looked at the list curiously.

“You probably know I do that most nights right?” Taeyeon suddenly said as she pointed at the list.

Taeyeon saw Tiffany’s smile droop down to a frown.

“Aww…” she sighed.

Taeyeon then just smirked as she took the list from Tiffany’s hand.

“I guess things could be different with someone else around. Oh but Yuri and Yoona are not allowed to come over” Taeyeon nodded as she took a pen out of her pocket and crossed out ‘Invite Yuri and Yoona’

Tiffany raised her eyebrow curiously at Taeyeon.

“Let’s make some points available for this then. If you can manage to stay awake until ten in the morning, you will receive fifty points. Yuri and Yoona are not allowed to come as they will keep you awake and hence would be called cheating” Taeyeon explained as she held the list up in front of Tiffany’s face.

“Fifty points?” Tiffany asked again.

Taeyeon just gave a nod.

“Deal!” Tiffany accepted without any hesitation as she took the list back.

“I hope you had a nice long rest yesterday. Because if you fail, it will be minus fifty points” Taeyeon chuckled as she walked away.

Tiffany stuck her tongue out behind Taeyeon’s back.

*Challenge accepted* Tiffany remarked as she followed behind Taeyeon.

Taeyeon suddenly stopped in her tracks as she turned around and faced Tiffany.

“And may I ask what you are doing now?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Going to your place?” Tiffany answered back innocently.

“You didn’t think I’m taking you did you?” Taeyeon smirked.

Tiffany blinked three times.

“Find your own way to my place Hwang. I’m not making it easy for you” Taeyeon smiled as she walked away.

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Taeyeon walk away. She then gave a loud huff as she started making her way to the train station.

Taeyeon stopped walking to her car as she saw Tiffany walk towards the train station. She just chuckled to herself as she opened her car door and hopped in. She then watched as Tiffany shifted the weight of her bag on her shoulders again.

*Must be heavy* Taeyeon thought unconsciously.

She then saw Tiffany bend over to massage her ankle which had been injured not too long ago before getting up even more determined than before. Taeyeon bit onto her inner cheek as she watched Tiffany struggle to get to the train station.

“Aish” Taeyeon exclaimed as she opened the car door again and locked it before following Tiffany.

Taeyeon followed Tiffany from behind, keeping a safe distance away and making sure she wasn’t seen as she watched over her. She noticed that Tiffany walked pass a few men and even bumped into one without any problems. She smiled to herself upon realising that Tiffany was slowly starting to get over her fear and felt proud of her for once. Realising what she was thinking about Taeyeon shook her head to get rid of the thoughts as they entered the train station.

Tiffany took out her train card as she scanned it and started walking to the train platform. Taeyeon didn’t have a train card so she had to buy a ticket. She just paid the server with whatever she had and told them to keep the change as she took the ticket and hurried to follow Tiffany.

Tiffany sat down on a bench as there was five minutes left before the next train came. She sighed as she started massaging her ankle again.

“Tiffany Fighting~” Tiffany cheered herself as she rested her ankle.

Taeyeon wasn’t too far from her as she was leaning against a pillar near Tiffany. She started to wonder why she was there in the first place and why she had just left her car in the park.

*I can just get a new car* Taeyeon shrugged off the idea as she waited for the train to come.

Finally the train came up and pulled up in front of them. Taeyeon stood back as she watched Tiffany hop into the train. Luckily the train was relatively empty, there was just enough people for Taeyeon to remain hidden and not too much so that Taeyeon could keep an eye on Tiffany.

Taeyeon took a seat a few rows behind Tiffany as the train started to move again.

Tiffany sighed as she rested her head against the chair. Beads of sweat was visible on her forehead from the weight of the bag and the strain of her ankle.

Taeyeon bit her lower lip, feeling a little guilty that she was causing someone to push themselves so far. She looked to the side to see a young student gawking at her. An idea popped into her head.

She motioned for the child to come closer to her. The child looked at her with an alarmed expression but Taeyeon just gave a soft smile to reassure them that she wasn’t dangerous, well mostly. The child slowly shuffled over to Taeyeon, still a little cautious.

“Don’t worry I won’t hurt you. I just need you to do a favour” Taeyeon reassured.

The child remained stiff.

Taeyeon just chuckled quietly as she reached for her handkerchief and handed it to the child.

“You see that woman over there? She’s sweating and I want you to give her this. Can you do that for me?” Taeyeon smiled.

The child looked up at her weirdly.

“I would do it myself but I’m playing hide and seek with her” Taeyeon winked.

The child just shrugged as they took the handkerchief and walked up to Tiffany as Taeyeon watched from behind. The child held their hand out and offered Tiffany the handkerchief, startling Tiffany a little.

“Noona…” the child saw from behind Taeyeon telling him to keep quiet about her and just shrugged. “You seem to be sweating. Please use this” the child acted kindly as he motioned for the handkerchief again.

Tiffany blinked a few times as she looked at the small kid before a smile grew on her face.

“Thank you” Tiffany thanked as she patted his head.

The child just smiled and walked back down the train to where Taeyeon was. Taeyeon just smiled at him as she gave him a pat on the head.

“Thank you” Taeyeon thanked.

The child looked at her expectantly.

“Yes?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows at the kid.

“Do I get a reward?” he asked innocently.

Taeyeon blinked a few times at the child. She didn’t have any toys or lollies on her and giving him a 100,000 won bill was just too suspicious.

“Noona doesn’t have any lollies or toys on me. Is there something else I can give you?” Taeyeon bargained with a sheepish smile.

The child was obviously disappointed but they thought for a while before he smiled up at Taeyeon again. He then leaned to the side as he leaned his cheek in.

Taeyeon chuckled at his bold approach but just accepted it anyway. She slowly leaned in against his cheek and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She could see that the kid’s cheeks were turning red with embarrassment.

“Thank you again” Taeyeon thanked as the kid just nodded and shyly walked away.

The train then slowly pulled up to their stop.

“Westside Seoul” the speaker announced.

From the front Taeyeon saw Tiffany slowly get up and walk over to the door unsteadily. Taeyeon quickly got up and stood at the door one down from Tiffany’s as she waited for it to open. As they slowly exited the train Taeyeon returned to her spying mode as she tailed behind Tiffany.

As they were going out onto the streets Taeyeon noticed that there was a rip at the bottom of Tiffany’s bag. Things slowly started falling out of the hole. Taeyeon rolled her eyes while she began picking up all the stuff that was trailing behind Tiffany. Meanwhile Tiffany was rather happy, she noticed her bag was getting lighter but didn’t realise there was a rip in the bottom.

*I must be getting stronger* Tiffany thought optimistically.

Meanwhile Taeyeon was bending over and picking up different objects. She then noticed the coffee jar was slowly slipping out. She quickly ran up to catch it before it smashed into pieces before quickly returning to her safe distance behind Tiffany.

*when is she going to notice that her bag is getting lighter with each step she takes?* Taeyeon thought annoyingly.

She then took a look around to see that they were going in the wrong direction from her house. Taeyeon just rolled her eyes at Tiffany’s sense of direction.

Tiffany was walking along confidently as she walked down the street where she thought Taeyeon’s house was. As she made a turn she ended up in front of a dark alley.

“Excuse me” Taeyeon finally said in a rather deep tone, annoyed from Tiffany’s ignorance.

Tiffany froze, mistaking Taeyeon for some criminal.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Taeyeon called out again as she took a step closer.

Tiffany let out a scream as she used her bag to hit the person behind her. To her dismay the bag was completely empty as it just floated onto Taeyeon’s face.

Taeyeon blew the bag off of her face with an annoyed expression on her face as she stared at Tiffany.

“Oh Taeyeon. What are you doing here?” Tiffany smiled innocently.

She then noticed all of her stuff in Taeyeon’s arms and raised her eyebrow.

“I decided to follow you because I knew you would cause trouble on your way to my place. And I was right. Your bag had a rip in the bottom of it, dropping everything behind you.” Taeyeon gestured towards the stuff in her hand. “And you’re walking in the completely opposite direction from my house too” Taeyeon added.

Tiffany’s jaw dropped.

“Hehehe….” Tiffany let out a nervous laugh.

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes as she put the stuff down beside her and took her blazer off.

“Pass me the bag.” Taeyeon said coldly as she held her hand out.

Tiffany quickly handed Taeyeon the bag and waited.

Taeyeon put the bag inside her blazer, lining the rip with the back of the blazer. She then held the arms up along with the straps of the bag, stopping the hole at the bottom from dropping anything. She then loaded everything back in and held the bag in her hand with a blunt expression on her face.

“Smart” Tiffany remarked at Taeyeon’s smart thinking.

Taeyeon then suddenly turned her back towards Tiffany and bent over.

“Get on” Taeyeon said bluntly.

“What for?” Tiffany asked confusingly.

“Your ankle still isn’t healed yet. I really don’t want to be responsible for making your leg worse” Taeyeon explained.

“I can walk by myself” Tiffany defended, remembering she lost points for injuring herself before and had to have Taeyeon carry her.

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes as she mounted Tiffany onto her back and stood up and began walking to her house.

“Wait!” Tiffany exclaimed.

Taeyeon remained strong as she kept Tiffany in place.

Tiffany sighed in defeat.

“I’m going to lose points again… aren’t I?” Tiffany asked hesitantly.

To her surprise Taeyeon answered with a shake of her head.

“The only thing that can make you lose points tonight is if you fall asleep” Taeyeon answered.

Tiffany felt a wave of relief wash through her. She then leaned herself against Taeyeon’s body, a little surprised at the warm temperature of her body which felt oddly familiar.

She then remembered a statement from somewhere.

“TaeTae Express…” Tiffany whispered.

Taeyeon stopped walking and froze.

“You’re drunk as well?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Huh?!” Tiffany answered back, startled.

“Did you drink while you were on the train?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany shook her head.

“No. Why?”

Taeyeon just shook her head and started walking again.

“I just heard someone say TaeTae Express that’s all…” Tiffany explained.

Taeyeon’s jaw stiffened but remained silent.

Tiffany remained silent as well as she tried her best to remember the streets they were walking on so that she wouldn’t get lost next time. The only thing was that everything looked familiar to Tiffany, including all the houses. Then finally she noticed something different. Taeyeon’s house somehow stood out from all the other houses as it seemed a little more modern.

Taeyeon walked them up to the door as she easily reached for her keys and opened the door before setting Tiffany down.

As soon as Tiffany’s feet touched the floor she was greeted by loud barking and the sound of small quick feet running towards her.

“Hey Bubz” Tiffany giggled as she greeted the dog at her feet.

Taeyeon proceeded with putting Tiffany’s stuff onto the kitchen’s unused bench top as she took back her blazer and chucked it into the laundry machine in the room next door before proceeding to her own room to change.

“Just so you know Bubz sleeps early. So don’t count on him to keep you up” Taeyeon called out from the bedroom.

“I didn’t plan to” Tiffany answered back confidently.

“Sure” Taeyeon answered back sarcastically as the door opened.

Tiffany’s jaw dropped as she saw Taeyeon still without a top and wearing only her under garments. She then saw Taeyeon turn off the light as she grabbed an over-sized shirt and put it over herself.

Tiffany swallowed down hard as she turned away from Taeyeon’s attire.

Taeyeon rustled her hair as she looked at Tiffany. She saw Tiffany fidget uncomfortable and chuckled silently to herself.

“Well. What are we going to do first?” Taeyeon asked suddenly as she walked over to Tiffany and crouched beside her.

“Ermm… We’re going to ahh…” Tiffany was flustered as she tried to find her list. “Play games” Tiffany suddenly exclaimed as she thought up of an idea.

Taeyeon nodded as she stood up again.

“Well then? Let’s go” Taeyeon held out her hand for Tiffany to hold onto.

As Tiffany stood up she stumbled over a little as the blood came rushing into her legs, causing her to get pins and needles.

“Ack… Dead leg” Tiffany said as she shook her leg.

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes as she made her way to her wide screen TV and turned it on while Tiffany hobbled over to the couch.

“So, which game do you suggest we play?” Taeyeon asked casually.

“Super smash bros brawl!” Tiffany cheered excitedly.

Taeyeon gave a nod as she scanned her shelf. She then pulled out the game and put the disk into the Wii console as the game started up.

“I get Kirby!” Tiffany immediately took the controller and whizzed through the menu so that she could pick her favourite character.

Taeyeon just slowly scrolled down to Yoshi as they entered their characters. As they waited for the game to load, Taeyeon lazily rested her head against the arm rest of the couch and rested her legs against the couch. Tiffany tried her best not to look over at Taeyeon as her legs were completely exposed right next to her. Tiffany then finally peeked over at Taeyeon, but at the same time Taeyeon decided to look at Tiffany. Tiffany quickly turned her head back to the TV and couldn’t be happier when she saw two other computer players on the screen and the countdown starting.

Taeyeon slowly turned her head towards the TV again as the countdown finished and the game started. Having played the game many times before, Taeyeon easily knocked off the competitors off the screen, thought she didn’t completely try her best. Tiffany on the other hand was having more than enough trouble keeping on the screen rather than try to knock anyone off.

She stuck her tongue out to the side as she turned her whole controller, hoping that it would help move Kirby around the screen. Taeyeon decided to take it easy and stand on the top platform of the game map and wait. For any CPU player who attacked her, she just hit a few buttons and sent them flying off the screen again whilst Tiffany was once again knocked off the screen. Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh as she watched Tiffany get knocked back off as soon as she spawned back onto the map by the computer players.

Finally the first round was over and Taeyeon was easily in the lead whilst Tiffany was miserably last by a long way.

She pouted as she lower her hand and stared accusingly at the TV.

“I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone play as bad as you” Taeyeon chuckled bluntly.

“Rematch” Tiffany grumbled as she selected a different map.

Taeyeon just shrugged as she waited for the game to start. As the game started Taeyeon decided not to do anything but dodge the attacks of the CPU’s. Tiffany this time was trying to knock them off before she got knocked off. Taeyeon watched as the fight remained in one spot. Most of the characters were ganging up on Tiffany’s Kirby even though it was a free for all. Finally Tiffany managed to knock the CPU’s off with a special move as they flew off the screen.

“Yay!!” Tiffany cheered as she jumped in her seat.

Taeyeon just watched as Tiffany got better and better at the game. Each victory caused Tiffany to do a small victory dance on her own. On the sixth CPU character she kicked off the screen Tiffany jumped from her seat and cheered. Feeling a little bored with the game Taeyeon decided to hop down and push Kirby off while Tiffany was still celebrating. A smile grew on her face as she watched Kirby fly off carelessly off the screen. Tiffany finished her little victory danced and turned back at the TV to see her character flying off. She then glared at the Yoshi that was standing proudly on the platform and immediately turned towards Taeyeon.

Taeyeon just shrugged in response as the game results came up again.

Tiffany just slumped back onto the couch as she gave a long tired sigh.

“Anything else to do?” Taeyeon asked in a bored tone as she held the controller up by the wrist strap and stared at it lazily.

“Ermm…” Tiffany checked her list to see what was next on her list. She then looked at the clock to check the time and smiled to see that it was still early.

“I saw a market down the street before. I was wondering maybe we should make some food.” Tiffany smiled. “Oh, I know you don’t have to eat, but the process of making it will be fun” Tiffany quickly added.

Taeyeon looked up at her wall clock to see that it was 8 o’clock. The market down on her street would close at around 9 o’clock.

“What do you suggest?” Taeyeon turned her attention back at Tiffany.

Tiffany just gave a cheeky grin as she took out a recipe and showed the picture to Taeyeon.

“Macaroons” she announced proudly.

“Macaroons?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow.

Tiffany nodded excitedly.

“They’re like small treats that you can buy from a few places. But I wanted to try making it myself one day. So I thought why not try it with you since I highly doubt Jessica can cook and SeoHyun wouldn’t allow me to even touch the oven.” Tiffany pouted.

Taeyeon remained silent as she put the controller onto her coffee table.

“Well?” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down at her oversized shirt.

“I don’t want to get changed again” Taeyeon let out a childish whine.

Tiffany was caught off guard at Taeyeon’s sudden voice and lazy act. Realising that she had done something that wasn’t like herself, Taeyeon quickly stood up and brushed down her shirt.

“I mean… I’ll just go change my clothes…” Taeyeon quickly muttered as she walked to her room.

Tiffany blinked as Taeyeon walked pass her. She then giggled to herself when she heard the bedroom door close.

*Cute* Tiffany thought to herself as she remembered the childish and lazy act Taeyeon just did.

 

 

TBC ~

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

 

Random fact #8

Your thumb is about the same size as your nose~

 

 

If you just used her thumb to measure just then....

Shame on you....

 

HAHAH 
JOKES!

I did the same~

 

Just casually bring ur thumb up to your nose and measure xDDD

 

 

Bubbles out~

--