Suspicions

Falling For You Again

 

“Have you ever wondered why things happen? Why each snow flake has their own unique pattern, why it decides to form around a piece of dust and why it majestically drifts down and land gently before melting?” Tiffany smiled as she held out her hand and caught a snowflake in the palm of her hand.

“Things happen because of a reason… Everything has a purpose in this world... As long as they have a purpose there is no need to ask why they happen” Taeyeon chuckled as she held her hand out next to Tiffany’s.

“Then what is my purpose? Why am I here?” Tiffany asked quietly as the snowflakes melted off her hands.

“Because…” Taeyeon started, “You’re here for me.” She smiled as she grabbed Tiffany’s hand tightly and pulled it to their sides.

“I’ve waited over a hundred and eighty years for you. You’re the one who completes me, the one who saved me from this lonesome world and the one who means everything to me.” Taeyeon answered wholeheartedly as she brought up Tiffany’s hand and kissed it.

Tiffany could feel herself tearing up at Taeyeon’s words. She then threw her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go even if a tidal wave was to knock them over. Taeyeon turned her head to kiss the side of Tiffany’s cheek.

She then felt something wet against her cheek where Taeyeon kissed, similar to a tongue.

“Taeyeon” Tiffany chuckled as she pulled away.

Taeyeon just remained persistent and kept Tiffany’s cheek.

“Taeyeon-ah” Tiffany laughed as she pulled away.

Finally the smell of putrid breath started to waft through her nose as she quickly sat up. She scanned around her to see in a big empty room with nothing but a dog beside her with its tongue sticking out of its mouth.

Tiffany could then smell the horrible smell over her face again.

“Ewwwww” Tiffany yelled as she used her sleeve to wipe her cheek. “Dog breath”

Bubz just gave a loud proud bark as Tiffany ran to find the bathroom. As she washed her face she realised that the bathroom seemed oddly different.
Taking a quick scan of the bathroom, she finally realised that she was still inside Taeyeon’s house.

“Oh no…” Tiffany sighed as she gave herself a face palm. “I fell asleep!”

After being able to get the dog saliva off her face she quickly ran out of the bathroom and out to the lounge room. She noticed that it was oddly quiet.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany called out into the empty room.

No answer.

Tiffany’s eye then caught onto something on the table. She slowly walked over the table to see a plate of pancakes and a note beside it.

‘Eat this before you go. I have to go meet someone’

A smile then grew on Tiffany’s face as she saw the honey covering the pancakes on the plate.

*Guess I’m the bees she was referring to* she thought happily to herself as she grabbed a fork and started slowly eating.

As she was eating, Bubz came from the bedroom and was heading towards the bowl of food that Taeyeon had set out for him. Happily, he began eating it, not bothering to notice that Tiffany was in the house with him.

A loud tone was then heard throughout the house. It came from Tiffany’s iPad which was located in the corner of the kitchen. Tiffany sighed as she got off her chair and walked over to her bag, feeling dejected about failing to keep her promise and having fifty points taken off her.

*Minus twenty points… Minus numbers again* Tiffany sighed as she took out her iPad.
She saw on the iPad there was a reminder.

‘I won’t be so nice next time’

“Huh?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow at the note.

She then unlocked her iPad and opened the counter app.

“Eighty points?!” Tiffany yelled loudly as she stared at her counter.

Bubz looked up from how bowl and stared at Tiffany. Tiffany meanwhile was just staring at her now eighty points.

*I’m getting closer* Tiffany thought excitedly as she hugged her iPad closer to herself.

 

 

 

“Yuri! Yoona!” Taeyeon yelled from in front of a house and threw a rock at the window.

Yuri came out of the house and stared down at Taeyeon.

“Yoona’s not here. Can I take a message?” Yuri teased with a smile.

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes.

“I know she’s here. She always is. Come down so I can talk to you two” Taeyeon yelled back sternly.

Yuri just shrugged as she walked back into the house, shortly coming out to the front porch where Taeyeon was.

“Where’s Yoona?” Taeyeon asked again.

“I told you she’s not here. She told me she was going to meet up with someone” Yuri shrugged, “So what did you want to talk about?”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at Yuri but just shrugged and proceeded.

“I’m just here to say that Gi Kwang is still around this area. Apparently the leader of the Legion is too. I just wanted to warn you and Yoona to not go off by yourself. Do you know where Yoona might be?”

“Nope” Yuri shrugged and shook her head.

“Okay. Call her. Make sure she’s not alone. I’m going to find Sooyoung” Taeyeon then turned around and gave Yuri a wave.

“So demanding” Yuri chuckled as she gave a stretch and walked back into her house.

As Taeyeon got into her newly car she noticed that there was a dark shadow on the side of Yuri’s house in her car side mirror. She narrowed her eyes to see a grey cape covering the figure. Before she could turn around to make sure what it was, the figure vanished. Taeyeon turned around to face forward as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Not wanting to risk anything she got out of her car again and rushed to Yuri’s door, slamming her hand against the door, waiting for Yuri to open.

“I’m coming. Sheez” Yuri complained as she opened the door.

“Oh Taeyeon. Did you forget something?”

Taeyeon just grabbed Yuri’s hand and pulled her out of the house, not answering Yuri’s question.

“Woah! Taeyeon! What’s…? Ow, hey! What’s going on?” Yuri complained as Taeyeon dragged her to the car.

“I don’t think I should leave you alone. Besides, we need to find Yoona. I don’t like being alone with that kid” Taeyeon huffed as Yuri stood in front of her.

Yuri just rolled her eyes as she went over to the other side of the car and hopped into the passenger seat. Taeyeon turned her head back around to check the area where she had seen the figure, making sure it wasn’t there anymore before she got into the car again.

“A new car again?!” Yuri exclaimed as she raised her eyebrow. “What happened to the other one?”

“I left it somewhere. Probably taken by now.” Taeyeon answered indifferently as she revved the car to life.

“Don’t you think the bank gets suspicious that they’ve been giving interest to the same person for like ninety years? You probably should be long off the records.” Yuri asked accusingly.

Taeyeon shrugged.

“That’s why there are many banks around. Besides, would you rather go to work? Or gain a steady income coming from the bank’s interest rates?” Taeyeon challenged as she made a sharp turn left.

“I don’t mind” Yuri sighed as she stretched her arms.

“Still a little rusty. I think one of the bones healed backwards. Feels weird.” Yuri commented as she rubbed the side of her rib.

“I’ll fix it into place later. Just a snap here and there” Taeyeon gave an evil smirk as she focused on the road ahead.

Yuri immediately backed up against the window and shook her head.

“I think I’ll get Yoona or Leeteuk. I’ve had enough from your hands” Yuri stuttered.

Taeyeon just gave a shrug as she pulled up against an apartment.

“Sooyoung’s?” Yuri asked as she looked up at the apartment.

Taeyeon just nodded.

“I need to warn her too. She can warn Leeteuk for me later.” Taeyeon explained as she took her keys out and got out of her car.

Yuri let out a groan as she followed out behind Taeyeon. They walked into the building and towards the elevator, waiting for it to open. When it did they got in and pressed floor 5 where Sooyoung’s deluxe apartment was.

“I don’t see why she doesn’t just get a house. I mean why an apartment?” Yuri complained as she crossed her arms.

“She moves every few months. Sooyoung has a short attention span so she moves apartments quite often. If she bought houses, even my funds wouldn’t be able to last long.” Taeyeon explained in a monotone voice as the elevator reached floor 5.

They were greeted with a door to Sooyoung’s apartment as soon as they took a step out. Taeyeon raised her hand to press on the buzzer.

“Hello?” Sooyoung’s voice called through the intercom.

“Sooyoung open up. I need to talk to you” Taeyeon replied through the intercom.

“Okay. Wait one moment.” Sooyoung answered as the intercom fell silent.

Shortly afterwards the door opened with Sooyoung standing there.

“Yes?” Sooyoung answered bluntly as she blocked the doorway.

“Can we come in?” Taeyeon asked as she raised her eyebrow.

Sooyoung gave a backward glance into her house. She then flicked her head back to face Taeyeon and Yuri and shook her head sternly.

“Nope. Busy” Sooyoung answered.

Taeyeon crossed her arms as Yuri tried to peek over Sooyoung’s shoulders. Sooyoung swiftly moved to block Yuri’s view of her apartment inside. Taeyeon then used this chance to walk right under Sooyoung’s arm and into the apartment.

“Her shortness” Yuri chuckled as she saw Sooyoung’s jaw dropped.

As Taeyeon walked into the apartment she found a figure standing in the kitchen. She took a step closer towards the figure to identify who it was.

“Sooyoung who was it?” the figure turned around and faced Taeyeon.

It was none other than Sunny.

“Taeyeon and Yuri came to visit” Sooyoung sighed from behind as she scratched the back of her head.

“Oh Taeyeon” Sunny smiled nervously as she walked over to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at Sunny accusingly.

“May I ask why you’re here?” Taeyeon asked gruffly.

Sunny’s expression dropped as she looked up at Sooyoung with a bewildered expression.

“I won’t repeat myself” Taeyeon growled again

“I just came to ask Sooyoung to do a favour. That’s all…” Sunny answered hesitantly.

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows at Sunny as she took a step closer. From behind the counter she could see a grey cape laying on the countertop of the table. Taeyeon reached back and pulled it into Sunny’s face as her eyes slowly became fierce.

“May I ask why you have this?” Taeyeon growled.

Yuri came in from behind to see the tense situation around the kitchen. She turned to Sooyoung for an explanation but Sooyoung had a tense look on her face as well.

“Well?” Taeyeon’s voice echoed off the walls.

“I found it in front of the building before. I thought I might as well bring it up here so that Sooyoung might be able to return to” Sunny explained innocently.

Taeyeon threw the cape onto the ground as she took a step closer to Sunny.

“How do I know you’re not part of them?”

Sunny took a step back, surprised at Taeyeon’s fierceness.

“Part of whom?” Sunny stuttered.

“The Legion. Who else?” Taeyeon yelled.

Yuri and Sooyoung jumped at Taeyeon’s sudden tone. Yuri took a step closer to Taeyeon and put a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down.

“Why would I be part of the Legion? Doesn’t the Legion hate non-pure bloods?” Sunny rebutted.

Taeyeon’s eyes flashed a shade of blue as she glared at Sunny.

“Taeyeon-ah. You’re making a scene. Tell Sooyoung what you have to and let’s go find Yoona” Yuri persuaded as she Taeyeon’s arm up and down.

Taeyeon made an arubpt turn as she faced Sooyoung.

“Have you ever seen Sunny during a full moon?” Taeyeon asked bluntly.

Sooyoung’s eyes opened wide open as she stuttered back a few steps, taken aback from the sudden question.

“Sunny was always busy…” Sooyoung started to explain.

“Have you seen her during a full moon?!” Taeyeon repeated.

Sooyoung opened to explain but nothing came out, just inaudible stutters.

“She hasn’t. I was never around when the full moon was around. I had other things to attend to.” Sunny interrupted.

Taeyeon clenched her jaw as the suspicion for Sunny grew.

“Taeyeon. Let’s go” Yuri pleaded as she started to pull Taeyeon away.

Taeyeon threw Yuri’s hand away roughly as she stared at Sooyoung again.

“I came here to tell you about the Legion… Make sure you watch your back” Taeyeon warned as she gestured towards Sunny.

“I think I should know…”

“I’m just telling you Sooyoung. You should know better than anyone else to not create more mistakes during their life”

Taeyeon then headed straight out for the door with a flustered Yuri left alone in the apartment. She bowed apologetically to Sooyoung and Sunny before she ran out to catch up with Taeyeon again.

When Yuri reached the elevator she saw Taeyeon rapidly pressing the down button of the elevator, almost breaking it.

“Taeyeon… calm down” Yuri soothed as she took Taeyeon’s hand off the button.

Taeyeon shot Yuri an ice cold glare, the rims of her eyes were dulling in a blue colour.

“I don’t trust that Sunny girl…” Taeyeon growled as she faced the closed elevator doors.

Yuri just awkward soothed Taeyeon by running her hand up and down Taeyeon’s back.

As the elevator door opened Yuri and Taeyeon entered and hit the ground floor button.

“Call Yoona. Ask her where she is” Taeyeon growled bluntly.

Yuri just nodded as she slowly took out her phone to call Yoona.

*Taeyeon doesn’t seem all too happy…* Yuri mentally noted as she held her phone up to her ear.

 

 

Sooyoung let out a sigh as she heard the door close. She walked over to the cape on the floor and put it back onto the counter before proceeding to the couch.

Sunny walked over to Sooyoung and hugged her around the waist as she rested her head against the crook of her neck.

“I’m sorry Sooyoung. Maybe I should’ve come a little later.” Sunny apologized.

Sooyoung just shook her head.

“I’m sorry for Taeyeon’s behaviour, and you just got here too…” Sooyoung whispered.

Sunny just shook her head.

“It’s nothing. By the way, what did Taeyeon mean by creating more mistakes?” Sunny asked curiously.

Sooyoung shifted a little as she reached behind the couch and pulled out the small diary Taeyeon had given her. Sooyoung held it in between her fingers as she stared at it.

“I caused someone to lose their life earlier… Not only that, but it was someone important to Taeyeon too…” Sooyoung explained sadly.

Sunny just took the small diary from Sooyoung’s hands and flipped through it.

“Hwang Miyoung?” Sunny questioned.

Sooyoung used her arms to cover her eyes as she nodded.

Sunny just sighed as she put it back onto the table.

“Don’t worry. That’s all in the past. You couldn’t help it anyway” Sunny comforted as she patted Sooyoung’s arm.

Sooyoung just shook her head.

“It was because of the Legion… They said that it was certain to work. They promised so. And yet… It caused me to break all of Taeyeon’s trust for me and this whole world… and to have shortened one’s innocent life…” Sooyoung clenched her teeth together as the painful memories came back.

 

Flashback

‘You promised me Sooyoung! You promised that it would work! Look what you’ve done! Her body lays there cold, unmoving, not breathing! Not only that… But now I have to live… with the fact that… she died… because of MY BLOOD!’ Taeyeon screamed as she held Sooyoung’s collar.

‘I’m sorry Taeyeon! They assured me it would work! They promised! They swore an oath! We did everything they told us to do! Nothing was even an inch out of place!’ Sooyoung defended.

Taeyeon let go of one hand and pointed at the body laying limp nearby.

‘Does that look like it worked?! Tell me Sooyoung. Which part of it worked? The pain she had to go through as she whole body was being attacked by my own blood? The slow painful death she had to go through while I watched?! Or is it just involved with me? Seeing all my hopes and dreams die within those last few seconds. Tell me Sooyoung!’ Taeyeon shook Sooyoung by the collar.

Leeteuk ran up to pull Taeyeon back from Sooyoung as Sooyoung stood there, watching her friend slowly collapse in front of her, and all because of her own stupidity and stubbornness.

‘Miyoung…’ Taeyeon whimpered as she crouched down with her head in her palms. The world could have fallen around her and she wouldn’t care.

She was nothing but an empty shell. An empty shell that was to live by itself with a crack in its outer shell.

End Flashback

 

“I was so gullible to believe them” Sooyoung said through her teeth as her tears threatened to fall.

“It wasn’t your fault Soo. You wanted them to be happy right? You were trying your best…” Sunny comforted.

Sooyoung just nodded as her arm still covered her eyes.

“Sunny… could you leave me alone for a while?” Sooyoung suddenly whispered.

Sunny just pouted as she patted Sooyoung’s arm.

“I just want some time to myself.” Sooyoung added.

Sunny let out an audible sigh as she nodded and slowly got off the couch.

“I’ll bring the cape to the admin then…” Sunny whispered as she took the cape off the countertop.

“Thanks Sunny…” Sooyoung thanked barely audibly.

“Rest up Sooyoung. I can tell you tomorrow anyway” Sunny smiled as she gave Sooyoung one last comforting pat.

Sooyoung just gave a stubborn nod. Sunny then proceeded out the apartment with the cape in her right arm and the left holding the diary right under it.

As Sunny reached the elevator a smile reached .

“I remember writing this…” Sunny murmured as she held the diary in her hand and flipped through it.

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

Random Fact #11:

Even Antarctica has an area code. It is 672.

 

 

Bubbles out~

--