The Hunt Begins

Falling For You Again

 

“TaeTae. Are you feeling a little better now? I know it’s a lot to take in but all that matters is that I’m here now isn’t it?” Miyoung smiled, patting on Taeyeon’s head gently. Taeyeon just nodded with a small smile on the side of her face. She then grabbed onto Miyoung’s hand and stood up.

“You have no idea how much I missed you this past century. I really thought I had lost you forever.” Taeyeon whispered. Miyoung let out a sigh and nodded slowly.

“I thought I would never see you again too. Although the afterlife is peaceful, it wasn’t what I wanted. I’m rather thankful to the Legion though, their theory worked.” She beamed. Taeyeon just nodded slightly, feeling a little guilty for accusing the Legion of taking her loved one away.

“Taeyeon, the Legion are good people. They really didn’t mean to harm anyone. You were their leader and they wanted you to be happy. I think it came as a shock to them as well when you turned your back against them.” Miyoung whispered as she turned around to face Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked up at Miyoung and nodded sheepishly. She then tightened her grip around Miyoung’s hand and took a deep breath.

“I think it’s time that I see the Legion. I should thank them and apologize to them.” Taeyeon mumbled quietly. Miyoung giggled at Taeyeon’s unwillingness to revisit the Legion.

“I also heard that there was a new applicant for the leader role. As far as I know, they can only inherit the leader position if I hand it to them…” Taeyeon hummed, thinking about all the rules she learnt long ago. Miyoung hummed along patiently, waiting for Taeyeon to speak up again.

“The problem is, I don’t know where the Legion has migrated to, and I don’t know how to get hold of Gi Kwang at the moment.” Taeyeon pondered. She then suddenly turned to Miyoung again as she remembered something.

“Tiff--” Taeyeon was cut short when she realised whose name had escaped . Miyoung blinked a few times as well, surprised with Taeyeon’s speech.

“I mean Miyoung…” Taeyeon quickly corrected, shaking her head slightly. Miyoung just smiled reassuringly and nodded her head, urging Taeyeon to continue.

“You told me you bumped into the Legion and they recruited you. You should know where they are right?” Taeyeon asked quickly. Miyoung lifted her hand up to her chin and hummed as she tried to remember.

“For the past few years I haven’t visited the Legion because I was looking for you. But, last time I saw them, they were in Japan. They might still be there but I’m not quite sure.” Miyoung mumbled to herself.

“How long ago did you see them?” Taeyeon continued to ask.

“I think it was about twenty years ago. They had just moved in the headquarters about thirty years before I met them.” Miyoung answered unsurely. Taeyeon nodded with a confident smile.

“They should still be there then. With the Legion having about eighty members, they only move once every two centuries.” Taeyeon added. Miyoung clapped excitedly at Taeyeon’s revelation.

“It’s time to visit the Legion.” Miyoung said excitedly. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow up at Miyoung curiously, wondering why she was so excited.

“I just have a few friends from the Legion that I miss. You should know how important my friends are to me” Miyoung pouted. Taeyeon just chuckled and nodded knowingly. She then looked around the area to find the exit to her car again but was a bit confused with the four doors all looking the same. Miyoung just giggled slightly at Taeyeon’s confused face and pulled on her arm slightly, pulling her towards the western door.

“This way.” Miyoung mused, pulling Taeyeon along behind her. Taeyeon obediently followed but when she passed the door where Yuri was held before she stopped, pulling Miyoung back with her. She then stared at the chains which held Yuri not long ago and frowned slightly.

“Why was Yuri here?” Taeyeon asked Miyoung quietly. Miyoung walked back to Taeyeon’s side and rubbed her thumb along Taeyeon’s hand slowly.

“I think she was caught in one of the traps here. There are quite a few traps being laid around here. Don’t worry, Sooyeon is probably talking to Yuri now. She seemed quite fond of her.” Miyoung reassured. Taeyeon narrowed her eyes towards the chains finding it a little suspicious. She was interrupted however when Miyoung tugged on her hand again. She was led out of the opening of the cliff again with Miyoung whistling excitedly on the way out. Taeyeon took one last look at the chains again before it disappeared from her sight.

‘Something doesn’t add up…’ Taeyeon pondered to herself, frowning slightly and staring into nothing. The thought was quickly disregarded when Taeyeon’s eyes caught sight of Miyoung again.

‘Probably me being paranoid again’ Taeyeon concluded as soon as they exited the cliff face.

~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~

“Let me go. If this is your idea of freedom it isn’t very free.” Yuri grunted, pulling away from Sooyeon. Sooyeon just shrugged slightly, still pulling Yuri by the arm. She then released Yuri and threw her harshly towards the ground, causing Yuri to slide across the gravel floor. She then quickly reached for the chains around Yuri’s wrists and unlocked them with a quick snap of the metal, allowing Yuri to freely move her hands again. Yuri quickly used this chance to get up and distance herself away from Sooyeon.

“You are free to leave now.” Sooyeon stated with a dead tone. Yuri glared intensely at Sooyeon. Sooyeon just looked up at Yuri with a blunt expression. A smirk grew on her face quickly when she reached for her back pocket. Yuri got into her defence position, waiting for whatever Sooyeon had planned. To her surprise Sooyeon just pulled out what looked like a cell phone. Yuri narrowed her eyes towards the phone in her hand. She found it oddly similar to someone else’s she knows. She then quickly reached for the phone recognising whose it was.

“That’s Taeyeon’s ph-” Before Yuri could finish Sooyeon moved her hand away from Yuri’s reach and smashed the phone in the palm of her hand. The metal parts of the phone slowly fell from her hand and created a pile of useless scraps onto the floor. Yuri stared at the pile feeling her insides slowly dying as Sooyeon brushed the last bits of the phone off her hands. Her last hopes of contacting Taeyeon was now gone. Smashed into pieces and left in a pile to be trampled all over.

“As promised, you are free to go.” Sooyeon’s dead voice rang through Yuri’s ears. Yuri slowly looked back up at the monster that had destroyed the phone.

“What about the rest?” Yuri’s voice shook.

“Three of them will be let free, including the immortal friend of yours. Each one will have their contacting devices taken away and be set free in different locations. The one who remains however, will have to be taken to Miyoung.” Sooyeon explained in a monotone voice.

“Who is the one that remains?” Yuri growled. Sooyeon smirked at Yuri’s question.

“The one whom you call Tiffany shall remain. The rest shall be let free.” Sooyeon said seriously.  Yuri clenched her fists together. Her fists began to shake from Yuri’s anger building up inside her.

“What about Taeyeon?” Yuri gritted through her teeth. Sooyeon’s expression changed for that one moment. Yuri could see a hint of something flash through Sooyeon’s eyes. It was a flash of colour. The colour of the same brown eyes that Yuri recognised from Jessica’s brown eyes.

“I said, what about Taeyeon?” Yuri repeated a little louder. This time she kept her eyes focused on Sooyeon’s. Just as she had expected there was another flash of life in Sooyeon’s again.

“Whatever happens to her… is none of your business” Sooyeon replied spitefully. Yuri knew she had found a weak spot now. She released her fists and stood up tall, taking one confident step towards Sooyeon.

“So what they say is true. Blood runs thicker than water.” Yuri chuckled. Sooyeon was now looking up at Yuri with dead eyes again but she took a step back away from Yuri. The immortal decided to push on.

“You know what’s going to happen to Taeyeon. It’s not something good is it?” Yuri urged on. Sooyeon’s eyes flickered again. Yuri could see that Sooyeon was starting to hesitate.

“Once Miyoung gets what she wants something will happen to Taeyeon, something that will harm your sister, something that you would never do to her.” Yuri had now changed her questions to statements, knowing that it was causing Sooyeon to hesitate even further. The confused girl took three quick steps back and used her hands to grab onto the sides of her head.

‘Sooyeon, get away from her now. Go deal with the other four.’ Miyoung’s voice echoed through Sooyeon’s head. Sooyeon crouched over whilst holding her head in pain. The sound of Miyoung’s voice still was echoing through her head and it was causing extreme pain. Yuri stood from afar as she watched Sooyeon bent over and shaking her head in an attempt to get rid of the ringing in between her ears.

“I’ll do it. Just stop” Sooyeon yelled towards the voice. Yuri walked up to Sooyeon and gently put her hand on Sooyeon’s shoulder. Sooyeon quickly slapped it away and stood up.

“Nothing can be done to help her. It’s too late now. Just forget about Taeyeon and go on with your own life. You have your own freedom now. Don’t waste it.” Sooyeon yelled at Yuri, her eyes now full with the chocolate brown eyes of Jessica. Yuri still had her arm outstretched and mouth agape at Sooyeon.

“Freedom… is not something that should be thrown away. Consider yourself lucky she let you off. Taeyeon has now lost hers… Tiffany is going to lose hers… as for me… I’ve already lost it” Sooyeon continued with a pained expression.

‘Sooyeon!’ Miyoung scolded through Sooyeon’s head. Sooyeon winced at the ripping pain again.

“Don’t waste it.” Sooyeon’s voice strained. Yuri was about to ask for further information but Sooyeon’s eyes turned to the dark and lifeless eyes again. She then turned her back to Yuri an walked off.

“Wait!” Yuri yelled out towards the figure walking away from her. Sooyeon didn’t even flinch to turn back. As Sooyeon walked further away from Yuri ran up to catch her. As she started running Sooyeon made a turn behind one of the cars. When she reached to where Sooyeon had turned she found nothing but gravel and more cars. Sooyeon was now gone and Yuri, whom was left behind, was lost.

“This world is no longer normal…” she whispered to herself.
Yuri then took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to calm down again. After a few seconds Yuri opened her eyes again and looked at her surroundings.

“I need to get to Taeyeon or the others first… but before that… I need to know where I am.” Yuri huffed when she found herself facing nothing but a large open car park.

~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~

“Sunny! There over there!”  Gi Kwang yelled. Sunny who was holding onto him shifted his weight slightly, finding it hard to grip onto him when he was moving too much.

“Calm down! Don’t make me drop you again!” Sunny scolded back. Gi Kwang huffed once at Sunny’s threat. He knew better than anything else that Sunny was not joking since he had previously been dropped from the sky before.

“Okay fine. But I think I see Yuri over there.” He said grudgingly. Sunny squinted her eyes to the direction which Gi Kwang was pointing and lowered their height slightly to take a better look.

“That’s not Yuri. What kind of immortal are you?!” Sunny remarked once she took a good look at the person Gi Kwang had pointed out.

“I was sure it was her.” Gi Kwang whined. Sunny growled under her breath and started flying up higher again to avoid the clear sight of anyone beneath them.

“I still think we should find Taeyeon first.” Gi Kwang frowned whilst crossing his arms. Sunny pursed her lips together and furrowed her eyebrows.

“We still have time. We need a group first before we charge. Taeyeon will be safe for the next few days. I’m more concerned for the others right now. Tiffany especially.” Sunny said in a low tone.

“Doesn’t Taeyeon have other immortal friends? Like the one who gave Miyoung the pill in the first place.” Gi Kwang questioned. Sunny’s wings stopped moving for a second, letting both of the fall a distance.

“Oi Sunny!” Gi Kwang yelled when they were starting to fall. Sunny shook her head slightly and quickly started moving her wings again, narrowly avoiding a tree. Gi Kwang ’s eyes were still wide open from the dramatic fall.

“Sunny if you don’t remember, I’m an immortal but it doesn’t mean I'm invincible. My body gets damaged too!” Gi Kwang yelled back.

“I can’t ask Sooyoung to help us.” Said Sunny. Gi Kwang looked up above him to see that Sunny’s expression was grim.

“She doesn’t know what I am… nor do I want her to know.” She continued. Gi Kwang lowered his head and looked straight ahead again.

“Why not? It’s not like she’s a human. She should be used to the paranormal stuff since she is part of that category herself.” He mumbled. Sunny just scoffed at his remark.

“Sooyoung only believes that only immortals exist in the paranormal category. The immortal’s numbers are small, but a shape shifter’s is even smaller. In fact, I’m the only one in this human world. Shape shifters are the afterlife’s helpers… like a devil’s servant.” Sunny chuckled at her last comment.

“It’s like telling a human you’re immortal.” Gi Kwang sighed. Sunny nodded solemnly.

“Have you ever told a human about your immortality?” Sunny asked curiously.

“I have.” Gi Kwang answered back bluntly.

“It is also the reason I have a strong sense of hate towards humans. To tell the one you hold most dear to you, thinking that they will be able to understand you, and only receive thirty years of running away from it. You set everything on the line when you tell them that one line. To tell them that you are not mortal.” He continued with a sad smile.

“Well that was a lot of help.” Sunny said sarcastically.

“But that’s humans. Humans are fickle, simple minded and shallow. Their lives are short and do not have enough time to fully mature. I’m sure Sooyoung has lived long enough to learn to accept that paranormal.” Gi Kwang reassured. Sunny bit her lower lip hesitantly.

“At least get some people whose locations we DO know to help us find the others. She doesn’t have to come with us to find Taeyeon. You know how much I despise the impure immortals. The fact that I am suggesting that we work with them should tell you how desperate I am. In all of my hundreds of hears that I’ve known Taeyeon, I know one thing for certain… She does not, in any circumstances, deserve any kind of suffering… She is really close to falling into never ending pit, Sunny. I at least want to tie a rope around her so that I can pull her out of that pit.” Gi Kwang continued with a stern voice, his eyes flaring a luminous blue shade.

“We’ll ask Leeteuk first… From there I can ask Leeteuk to ask Sooyoung. I’m not ready to tell her yet.” Sunny reassured as she pulled back and made a left turn.

“Thank you…” Gi Kwang whispered gratefully. Sunny nodded in acknowledgement with a small smile on her face.

~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~

“Urgnnn” SeoHyun groaned. She could feel her head spin a little as she tried to sit up from what seemed to be a bed.

“SeoHyun are you okay?” a concerned voice called out. SeoHyun slowly opened her eyes slightly to see a blurry vision of a very familiar face.

“Yoona?” SeoHyun’s voice croaked. The blurry image in front of her nodded slowly. She then felt a pair of arms pat her shoulders.

“SeoHyun, does it hurt anywhere?” the voice called out again. SeoHyun blinked a few times and with each blink her vision slowly started to redefine itself. After a few blinks she could now see that the figure in front of her was Yoona and she seemed to have a worried expression on her face. She then looked at her shoulders to see someone else’s hand on it. She followed the arm up to see Tiffany was also looking at her with a worried expression. A hand was then pressed against her back gently. SeoHyun turn to her left to see Jessica also beside her.

“I’m… fine… I think” SeoHyun uttered, bringing her hand up and giving her body a once over to reconfirm that she was okay. Once everything was in check the air was suddenly knocked out of her as Yoona quickly took her into a hug.

“Yoona?’ SeoHyun called out curiously. Yoona nodded against SeoHyun’s shoulder. It was then that SeoHyun got the chance to take a look at her surroundings. She noticed that the area was dimly lit with dust particles filling up the small opening of light. The space was small with only the one bed that she was sitting on and three walls surrounding it. In the fourth side the metal bars blocked up the only opening and the rusty lock preventing anyone from getting out.

“Where are we?” SeoHyun asked hoarsely. Yoona pulled away from the hug and gave her and apologetic look.

“I’m sorry SeoHyun… I wasn’t careful… I was too focused on the surroundings outside that I didn’t notice the one inside the car.” Yoona apologised.

“Yoona… What happened? Where are we?” SeoHyun asked again, her vision coming back completely. She noticed that Yoona was now rather hesitant and her two older friends were rather quiet.

“Truthfully…” Yoona started.

“We don’t really know ourselves.” Tiffany finished off hesitantly.

“Ohh…” SeoHyun mouthed slowly whilst nodding her head. She then paused for a moment as Tiffany’s words sunk in. SeoHyun’s eyes then immediately opened wide as the panic attack hit her hard. Before she could yell or scream Yoona had dripped her hand around SeoHyun’s shoulders and shook her slightly.

“Don’t panic” Yoona hushed, silencing SeoHyun before she had the chance to react. She immediately held in her fear and stared into Yoona’s eyes with fear.

“Everything is going to be okay. You’re going to be safe, I assure you that.” Yoona said determinedly. Jessica and Tiffany exchanged glances at each other. SeoHyun had Yoona to protect her but their own relative protectors were not with them.

“Well come on you three. We’re not doing much if we just sit here and do nothing. Might as well use all the time we have to find an escape” Jessica said with frustration. Tiffany got up and stood beside Jessica and gave a confident nod.

“Anyone got a nail filer?” Tiffany beamed confidently with a smile. Yoona got up from her position and smiled at them. SeoHyun also followed, although not entirely sure about what happened. The four of them then formed a small circle and stretched out their right hands towards the middle, making a pile.

“One, Two, Three” Yoona counted.

“Fighting!” They all cheered as they broke the hands tower and started moving around the small cell to find anything that would break the bars. 

 

 

 

 

_________________________

 

o_o

...................

-dies-

 

;~; LockSmiths ..... We did it.... TaeNy got a featured fic <3333333333 -cries tears of joy-

Thank you everyone who's reading this now -bows-
Whether you're an old reader or a new reader i still <333 you.

I'm still recovering from my heart attack at the moment x_x
Asianfanfics! Stop trying to kill me before my exams DDD:

Anywho~

Thank you again <33333333

 

 

Okk good news time :D

 

On the 2nd of June i will start the Updating mrathon. 

It will go for 3 days (5 days if i can manage)

Each day will have 2 chapters. That's a lot considering i only update once every week now xDDD

A celebration for first Taeny fic i guess? xDDD

 

Mkk that's all from me~

Bubbles out~

--