Sooyeon

Falling For You Again

 

“Unnie… Are you okay?” SeoHyun asked Tiffany curiously as she waved her hand in front of her. Tiffany blinked a few times before shaking her head lightly and smiling back at SeoHyun.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Just thinking about the festival.” Tiffany giggled as she thought about going to the festival that weekend. SeoHyun just smiled as she nodded along with Tiffany. Her smile slowly faded though as she caught sight of Jessica. Jessica seemed a lot more lifeless that morning and SeoHyun was worried that she was sick. However Jessica just brushed it off, saying that she was just tired.

*I hope she’s okay…* SeoHyun worried as she bit her lower lip.

“SeoHyun~ Tiffany~ … Jessica…” Yoona’s voice trailed off upon meeting Jessica’s gaze.

“Morning Yoong” SeoHyun greeted. Tiffany smiled as she waved to Yoona happily. Behind Yoona was Yuri and Taeyeon, Taeyeon was walking with her hands in her pockets whilst Yuri was walking confidently with her back straight upright. Tiffany giggled at the comparison.

“Yo…” Taeyeon greeted dully.

“Morning.” Tiffany giggled.

“Hello…” Yuri greeted Jessica slowly. Jessica responded by peeling her eyes off the floor and gave Yuri a smile. Yuri froze as she saw Jessica’s response, wondering if she had missed anything in the past few days. As she narrowed her gaze she noticed that Jessica’s eyes seemed dull.

“Are… you okay Jessica?” Yuri asked slowly as she took a closer look at Jessica’s eyes. Jessica just gave a nod.

“Yeah… I’m okay…” Jessica answered hoarsely. Taeyeon nudged over beside Yuri as she looked carefully into Jessica’s eyes. Her expression turned into a concern one as she saw the dark bags under Jessica’s eyes, knowing she had more than enough sleep during the weekend.

“Something wrong?” Tiffany interrupted as she stood beside Taeyeon and followed her gaze. Taeyeon just nodded her head towards Jessica with a concerned expression on her face.

“I’m fine… Really” Jessica chuckled as she waved her hands defensively and took a step back. Yuri’s expression turned dull when she saw Jessica stumble a little.

“Well… I’ve talked to your teachers, for the next few weeks the tutoring classes will be on again. It’s only temporary though…” Taeyeon said slowly as she stood up straight again.

“Tutoring classes?” Jessica and Tiffany said in unison. Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri just nodded.

“Hahaha. Yay” Tiffany squealed as she ran and hugged onto Taeyeon’s arm. Yuri’s, Yoona’s and Taeyeon’s expression all changed upon Tiffany’s reaction.

“Personal space please…” Taeyeon said slowly as she took her arm back. Tiffany gave a pout once Taeyeon took a step away from her.

“We should get going. It’s almost three.” Yuri interrupted as she started walking towards the buildings. The other five nodded as they followed behind Yuri. Yoona linked her arms with SeoHyun as she eagerly dragged her ahead of Yuri and Taeyeon walked lazily behind her with Tiffany skipping happily beside her. Yuri let out a long sigh, feeling a little left out from the pairings, when suddenly she felt a weight on her right arm. She quickly looked across to see Jessica leaning against her arm, staring straight ahead.

“Erm…” Yuri said slowly. Jessica just tightened her grip on Yuri’s arm as she leaned against her more. Yuri then noticed that Jessica was walking weakly and her breathing was a little uneven. Feeling sorry for Jessica, she let her arm wrap around the waist behind Jessica and helped her walk a little better.

“Cute” Tiffany giggled from behind as Taeyeon just rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Jessica… If you’re not feeling well you can take a rest.” Yuri said with concern as Jessica was sitting slouched over the desk. Jessica just gave a shake of her head as she continued working. Yuri gave a huff as she still wasn’t convinced about Jessica’s health. After a few minutes of silence Yuri couldn’t take it anymore. She stood up and took Jessica’s hand to help her stand up. Everyone turned around at Yuri’s sudden movement.

“You’re never going to study properly like this. Take a rest for a while.” Yuri said sternly as she walked to the corner of the room and sat down with Jessica’s wrist still in the grip of her hands. She let go of her wrist and patted her thighs as she laid them flat out. Jessica’s eyes just opened wide as she wondered what Yuri was doing.

“Here.” Yuri said sternly as she pulled Jessica down to sit next to her and patted her thighs again.

“Y-You sure?” Jessica stuttered as she looked up at Yuri. Yuri just gave a stern nod as she smiled. Jessica hesitated, still unsure of what to do.

“Just for a b-bit” Jessica said slowly as she turned sideways. Yuri chuckled as Jessica laid her head down on Yuri’s thighs, facing away from her.

“Does this mean we’re okay?” Yuri asked curiously. Jessica remained still for a moment before giving a slight nod. A wide grin spread across Yuri’s face as she felt her body reach a warmer temperature.

“You’re really warm…” Jessica whispered softly.

 

“Aren’t they cute?” Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon quietly. Taeyeon just ignored Tiffany as she continued to play with the elastic band that she had found in her pocket, making stars and different shapes with it. Tiffany pouted as she saw Taeyeon more interested in the elastic than her.

“Tae… Why are you ignoring me?” Tiffany asked with a sad tone. Taeyeon stopped playing with the elastic and raised her eyebrow up at Tiffany.

“Tae?” Taeyeon was sure that they were not up to the nicknames stage yet. Tiffany just nodded enthusiastically with a slight smile.

“It seems cute.” Tiffany giggled. Taeyeon growled under her breath as she flicked the elastic band towards Tiffany’s forehead, immediately stopping her giggling fit. A shocked expression was on Tiffany’s face as she held her hands up and covered the spot which Taeyeon had aimed the elastic.

“No nicknames. Now go back to your work. You’re probably going to be kicked out of this college with your score on your test.” Taeyeon said sternly as she pointed to papers on Tiffany’s table. Tiffany gave a sigh as she nodded solemnly and continued on with her work

“Where’s your iPad?” Taeyeon suddenly asked as she caught sight of Tiffany’s bag. Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon curiously with her eyebrows raised high.

“It’s back at home. Why?” Tiffany answered back slowly. Taeyeon gave Tiffany a blank look before flicking her forehead again with her finger.

“How am I going to deduct points off you if you don’t have it here?” Taeyeon scolded as she folded her arms crossly and sulked in her chair. Tiffany giggled as she reached over to pinch Taeyeon’s cheeks.

“Cute. And that’s the point, without it here you won’t be able to deduct points off me” she smiled innocently as she took her hand back. Taeyeon clicked her tongue at Tiffany before turning her head stubbornly to the side and focused her attention to the dust on the board.

“They seem to be getting along well…” Yoona whispered to SeoHyun. SeoHyun just nodded slowly as she saw her unnies enjoy themselves. Yoona narrowed her gaze towards Yuri who seemed to be smiling non-stop with Jessica on her lap. She then turned towards Taeyeon and Tiffany’s desk to see Tiffany pouting at Taeyeon.

*They sure seemed to be relaxed considering that their guardian may be plotting something against them* Yoona thought darkly towards herself as she let out a sigh.

“Something wrong Yoona?” SeoHyun asked with concern as she looked at Yoona in the eyes. Yoona just shook her head slowly and showed a slight smile. SeoHyun still wasn’t convinced as she leaned in closer against Yoona, pressing her forehead against Yoona’s. Yoona froze as she stared straight into SeoHyun’s eyes, blinking a few times and bewildered at how close SeoHyun was to her.

“You’re burning up Yoona. Are you sure you’re feeling okay?” SeoHyun asked as she felt Yoona’s warm forehead against hers. Yoona remained stiff as she swallowed down hard, giving a slight nod.
SeoHyun then pulled away from Yoona with a sigh before standing up and shifting her seat right next to Yoona.

“Here.” SeoHyun prompted as she patted her left shoulder, closest to Yoona.

“Huh?” Yoona stuttered as her eyes opened wide.

“You can lean against me if you’re not feeling well, I’m sure I can continue from here.” SeoHyun smiled innocently as she returned to her worksheets. Yoona hesitated for a few moments as she looked up and down from SeoHyun’s face, to her shoulders. She found it really tempting to just pounce and hug SeoHyun tightly, but she managed to control herself as she leaned gently against SeoHyun’s arm with a content smile on her face.

“Thanks.” Yoona whispered. SeoHyun just giggled and nodded slightly, feeling her cheeks flush a little.

The room then felt silent with only Tiffany’s occasional laughs and giggles and Taeyeon’s sighs and scoffs. It seemed rather calm to everyone as the time passed by rather quickly.
Five minutes before the class was over, Taeyeon took a quick scan around the room. She saw Yoona pretending to be sick on SeoHyun’s shoulder and Jessica sleeping soundly on Yuri’s lap, who was now reading a book about whales she found on a shelf nearby. She then caught sight of Tiffany who was drawing stick figures on her work.

*This mood seems artificial somehow…* Taeyeon thought cautiously to herself. Just as she was about to think of an explanation for her suspicious feeling, the bell rang, signalling that all lectures and classes were to end.
Yoona sat up groggily, feeling a little disappointed that it was over and SeoHyun was just calmly packing up stuff into her file. Tiffany was now clapping to herself, glad that the study session was over as she eagerly shoved everything into her bag, with Taeyeon scolding her and telling her to revise her work. Yuri and Jessica however, still remained unmoving.

“Yuri?” Taeyeon questioned as she stood in front of the two on the floor.

“I think I’ll bring Jessica home later. She seems rather tired.” Yuri explained calmly as she laid her book face down onto the floor next to her. Tiffany came skipping up at Taeyeon and hugged onto Taeyeon’s arm. Taeyeon naturally took her arm back and took a step away from Tiffany as she turned to Yoona.

“Erm… Taeyeon unnie… Can you please take Tiffany home? I think I’m going to look after Yoona today.” SeoHyun asked nervously as Yoona was pretending to feel faint behind her. Yoona gave Taeyeon a pleading look from behind, begging her to let SeoHyun stay over. Taeyeon just rolled her eyes as she gave a stiff nod.

“Yeah sure. Sorry to trouble with Yoona, but could you look after her for me then?” Taeyeon asked calmly. SeoHyun just nodded confidently as she started walking out the classroom with Yoona.

“That leaves you with me then” Tiffany mused as she stuck her tongue out cheekily towards Taeyeon. Yuri on the floor just gave a chuckle at Tiffany’s antics. Taeyeon clenched her jaw as she threw Tiffany a sideways glance.

“Fine…” Taeyeon gritted through her teeth. She then turned abruptly and started heading for the door, leaving Tiffany behind. Tiffany’s jaw dropped as she stood there for a moment.

“Hurry up” Taeyeon called back with annoyance. Tiffany jumped upon hearing Taeyeon’s voice but quickly scurried to catch up to Taeyeon.

“I’m coming” Tiffany called out urgently; making sure Taeyeon wouldn’t leave her, leaving Yuri and Jessica alone in the room.

Yuri looked down at her legs to see Jessica still resting comfortably on her thighs. A sigh escaped her lips as she picked up book up and continued reading.

 

 

“Yoona…” SeoHyun huffed as Yoona was leaned against her back. Yoona had a playful smirk on her face as she put even more weight onto SeoHyun.

“Sorry… Just a little tired.” Yoona lied as she faked a cough.

“It’s okay…” SeoHyun sounded strained as she tried her best to hold Yoona up. As they were walking to Yoona’s car, SeoHyun tripped over a rock and both of them started falling to the floor. SeoHyun closed her eyes, waiting for the gravel to scratch against her skin, but to her surprise, all she felt was a pair of arms around her waist.

“Woahh… Watch where you’re walking Seo” Yoona chuckled as she pulled SeoHyun upright.

“Thanks…” SeoHyun whispered as a confused expression grew on her face. Yoona made her way around SeoHyun and stood in front of her with a wide smile on her face.

“Sorry for troubling you like that. I’m not really sick” Yoona giggled as she grabbed both of SeoHyun’s hands.

“My body temperature is naturally warm, that’s all.” She explained. SeoHyun then felt Yoona’s warm hands heat up her own, which felt rather comforting.

“Wait…” SeoHyun was then caught short as a thought ran through her head.

“So you’re not sick?” she asked Yoona sternly as she raised her eyebrow. Yoona paused for a moment before jutting her lower lip out and nodding. She stopped immediately though when she saw SeoHyun’s expression go sour.

“SeoHyun? Are you mad at me?” Yoona asked slowly. SeoHyun just gave Yoona a stern stare before facing away from Yoona. Yoona felt her heart drop when she started walking away from her.

“Wait SeoHyun… Aren’t you still coming over?” Yoona called back after her. SeoHyun just responded with a quick shake of the head as she continued to walk on. Yoona quickly reacted by running ahead of SeoHyun and stood straight in front of her. SeoHyun however just manoeuvred right around her. Yoona then stubbornly held onto SeoHyun’s hand and stopped her from going any further.

“Seo… I’m sorry I lied to you... Please don’t be mad” Yoona pleaded with SeoHyun’s back still facing her. SeoHyun slowly turned around and faced Yoona with a mad expression on her face.

“I just wanted to lean against you and have you over at my place… It’s lonely at home by myself…” Yoona pleaded with an innocent expression.

“And I thought that if I faked being sick that you would come over with me…” Yoona continued shyly. With each word SeoHyun’s expression faded until it grew into a smile. Yoona, feeling ashamed, was looking down onto the floor waiting for SeoHyun’s response. To her surprised she felt a body slam against her as SeoHyun hugged her tightly, flinging her arms around Yoona’s neck.

“You didn’t have to fake being sick to have me over. You could’ve just asked.” SeoHyun giggled as she nuzzled her head into the crook of Yoona’s neck. A bright smile grew immediately on Yoona as she wrapped her arms around SeoHyun’s waist and hugged her back.

“So does that mean you’re still coming over?” Yoona asked hopefully. SeoHyun just nodded as she broke the hug between the two. Yoona let out a loud excited laugh as she grabbed SeoHyun’s hand and started running towards her car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey Yoona… My unnies have been acting really weird lately…” SeoHyun said slowly once they were inside Yoona’s house.

“How so?” Yoona asked curiously.

“Jessica unnie… doesn’t seem the same… She’s always asleep in her room and seems a lot more… out of it” SeoHyun tried to find the right words to describe it.

“And Tiffany unnie… She’s a lot more animated and happy. She goes skipping around the house for no reason at all sometimes too…” SeoHyun continued.

“Isn’t that what they’re always like?” Yoona asked back curiously.

“Yeah… but it’s more extreme…” SeoHyun furrowed her eyebrows as she gave a long sigh.

“I think I’m just being a little cautious… Never mind” SeoHyun ended with a slight laugh. Yoona looked at SeoHyun worriedly before patting her hand.

“If you do ever need to talk. I’m more than willing to listen. Even if it is in the middle of the night” Yoona reassured.

“Thank you Yoona” SeoHyun smiled contently as her heart skipped a beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile, Jessica was starting to stir from her sleep as Yuri was trying to get some blood flowing into her legs without waking her up. Jessica groggily shifted in her sleep and turned, facing upwards as she was about to drift back to sleep. However that wasn’t possible as she saw Yuri’s concerned face right above her.

“Ahhh” Jessica exclaimed as she sat upright. As she did her forehead connected with Yuri’s jaw, knocking her back down onto Yuri’s legs as she held her forehead in pain. Yuri let out a slight chuckle as she rubbed the bottom of her jaw where it made contact with Jessica’s forehead.

“Sorry I startled you… Wow your forehead is hard.” Yuri commented as she could feel a slight pain come from the bottom of her jaw.

“Oww” Jessica whined as a red mark was visible on her forehead. She tried rubbing it to make the pain go away before finally making eye contact with Yuri again. Yuri was still a little concerned as Jessica’s eyes were still dull and her dark circles were still there.

“You can continue to sleep if you want. I’ve got a spare key to the doors and gates around here so I can take you back later if you want” Yuri suggested as a reassuring smile was spread across her face. Jessica just pouted slightly as she nodded, but she still got up anyway, careful to avoid any more injuries. Yuri then followed her and stood up, getting pins and needles as the blood rushed into her legs.

As Yuri stood up a photo dropped from her pocket. Jessica looked at the photo curiously as Yuri was busy stretching her legs. She slowly bent over to pick it up and stood up again with the picture in between her fingers.

“Oh Jessica?” Yuri started off slowly as her legs were beginning to work again.

“About me and Taeyeon kissing… It was all an accident… Taeyeon was just worried about us getting close to others and didn’t want us to get hurt… that’s all” Yuri explained nervously. Jessica’s back was still turned towards her as she nodded.

“So… are we all good?” Yuri added curiously as she moved in front of Jessica. Jessica just nodded as her eyes were still focused on the photo.

Jessica just nodded dully. Yuri didn’t notice Jessica’s nod but was now more concerned about the picture. It was the picture of Sooyeon and Taeyeon that she had found in Taeyeon’s collection.

“This… is a picture with me… and Taeyeon?” Jessica asked slowly as she looked up at Yuri, looking for answers. Yuri started to panic as she tried to find an explanation.

“Ahah… No that’s just my… grandma and her friend… They look a lot like you and Taeyeon…. That’s all” Yuri lied quickly. Even she thought the lie was unconvincing as Jessica’s eyebrows furrowed.

“I’m sure it is me though…” Jessica said sternly as she pointed to the picture.

“Taeyeon… and I were at a social… It was the last time I saw Taeyeon before she disappeared…” Jessica mumbled to herself. Yuri raised her eyebrow curiously at Jessica, wondering what she was mumbling about.

“Taeyeon and I were talking to our mothers when father came with a photographer and asked for us to take a picture together… This was the hall that we danced at too…” Jessica continued talking to herself. Yuri was now starting to get really confused. She was sure that it was a picture of Sooyeon and not Jessica because she had found that picture over ninety years ago.

“Jessica… I don’t know what you’re saying… Maybe you’re just a little stressed.” Yuri said nervously as she took the picture back. Jessica just looked up at Yuri and nodded sadly as she started packing her stuff up on the desk. Yuri held the picture up to her eyes and narrowed her eyes. It was definitely Taeyeon and her sister, but how did Jessica know what was happening during the time the picture was taken.
Disregarding her thought, Yuri put the picture back in her pocket and walked over to Jessica.

“So… about the kiss… Can we forget it?” Yuri asked again nervously, wanting a definite answer and wanting to change the topic.

“I don’t really mind if you kiss my sister.” Jessica answered bluntly as she threw her bag over her shoulder. Yuri froze upon hearing Jessica’s words.

“Sister?” Yuri asked cautiously. Jessica just responded with a mindless nod as she fixed her clothes.

“Jessica… Are you sure you’re feeling okay?” Yuri was now really worried.

“I don’t know why you guys keep calling me that… But yeah I’m sure I’m okay.” Jessica answered back with a little huff. Yuri froze immediately.

“What is your real name then?” Yuri asked slowly, worried about the answer she was going to get.

“Sooyeon Kim… I thought you knew it since you’re friends with my sister…” Jessica answered back innocently. Yuri’s heart dropped. She knew somewhere deep inside her when she asked the question that she was going to get that answer, but it still didn’t stop the shock from hitting her hard.

“S-Sooyeon… Kim? As in… the younger sister of… Taeyeon Kim?” Yuri stuttered as she stared straight into Jessica’s eyes.

“Yes… Taeyeon is my two years older sister…”

Yuri didn’t know what was happening anymore. It was now obvious that the girl in front of her was not Jessica… but the younger sister of Taeyeon.

“H-How is that… possible?” Yuri said to herself as she started feeling dizzy. Steadying herself by reaching out to the chair and sitting down, she let out a long sigh.