Macaroons

Falling For You Again

 

Taeyeon quickly changed her clothes in her room before she walked out again. Tiffany was waiting patiently near the door with her phone and bag ready.

“Go?” Tiffany asked excitedly.

Taeyeon just nodded as she grabbed the keys that were on the table and walked towards the door.

“I’ll be leading the way though” Taeyeon said bluntly as they exited the house.

“I have no objections” Tiffany giggled as she closed the door behind her.

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes as she began making her way down to the market with her hands in her pockets, expecting Tiffany to follow behind her. To her surprise she felt a sudden weight on the right side of her arm. Taeyeon turned her head around to see Tiffany locking their arms together with an accomplished smile on her face.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Taeyeon asked coldly.

Tiffany just turned her head up and gave an innocent smile.

“I don’t want to get lost. And besides I’m not going to lose any points for now, might as well make the best of it” she answered confidently.

Taeyeon just chuckled at Tiffany’s boldness. Little did she know though, Tiffany’s heart rate was beating three times the average human’s. Her cheeks were flushed bright red as her body started to shiver with the excitement.

“Beats carrying you that’s for sure” Taeyeon remarked as she shrugged and made a turn on the street.

Tiffany pulled away from Taeyeon to raise her eyebrow at her.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Tiffany said accusingly.

“Even immortals have their limits. Mine is about a tonne” Taeyeon answered back with a smirk.

Tiffany’s jaw dropped as she slapped Taeyeon’s arm.

“I’m not that heavy” Tiffany exclaimed.

Taeyeon just laughed as she started running off ahead.

“If you don’t want to get lost you’d better hurry up” Taeyeon mused in a teasing tone.

Tiffany let out a whine as she hurriedly tried to catch up with Taeyeon again. When Tiffany finally managed to catch up she noticed that they were already at the market.

“Took you long enough” Taeyeon chuckled as she stepped through the door.

The door opened automatically as it made a loud -Ding Dong- noise as Taeyeon passed the sensor. Tiffany took a deep breath as she walked in behind Taeyeon. As they walked in Tiffany noticed all the eyes of the people in the store glued to Taeyeon. She looked at Taeyeon and noticed that there was a stiff expression on her face.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany took a step closer to Taeyeon and nudged her hand.

Taeyeon just shook her head reassuringly as they made their way to the flour, sugar and cake mix section.

“Do you remember what we needed?” Taeyeon asked as she studied the rows and rows of flour, cake mix, sugar, chocolate and other desserts.

Tiffany froze for a few seconds before finally giving herself a face palm.

“I left the recipe at home” Tiffany admitted slowly as she peeked on the side to see Taeyeon’s expression. To her surprise it seemed rather amused.

“I know you did” Taeyeon chuckled as she held up the recipe from her pockets.

Tiffany blinked innocently a few times, processing the recipe in front of her.

“Oh! You brought the recipe?” Tiffany finally reacted.

Taeyeon just let out a sigh as she crouched down to find the ingredients they needed.

“This requires a lot of sugar” Taeyeon commented as she took the bag of sugar.

Tiffany just nodded proudly.

“Would you mind going to the fruits section to get the berries?” Taeyeon suddenly asked as she stood up with the ingredients.

“Oh right. I’ll go get them” Tiffany exclaimed as she skipped down the aisle towards the fruits section at the end.

As she reached the berries section a woman approached Tiffany. Tiffany raised her eyebrows curiously as the woman gestured for Tiffany to lean in closer.

“Are you a friend of hers?” she asked politely in a whisper.

“Whom?” Tiffany questioned back, taken aback by the sudden question.

“That other girl you walked into the store with” the woman kept her voice to a whisper.

“Oh. Yeah I guess you could say that…” Tiffany answered hesitantly.

The woman narrowed her eyes at Tiffany.

“I think she’s involved in something not too good if you ask me. Every few weeks she always has a new car. She remains unseen to those around the neighbourhood and has this evil dark aura around her. She’s known as the ghost of this town. No one knows where she goes or what she does. I suggest that you rethink your friendship” she warned.

“I’m sorry but I think I know what’s best for me” Tiffany politely rebutted as she picked up a box of berries and walked off back to where Taeyeon was.

As she reached the aisle she noticed Taeyeon was missing from the aisle where she left her. Thinking that Taeyeon must have moved aisles, she moved down the store, scanning up and down the lanes to find Taeyeon. On the fifth lane down she noticed a girl taking some honey off of the shelf. She didn’t have to look long before she knew it was Taeyeon. Feeling a sense of relief wash over her she quickly skipped over to Taeyeon’s side again.

“What’s that for?” Tiffany asked as she pointed at the honey.

“Bees” Taeyeon answered bluntly.

“Bees?” Tiffany poked at the honey.

“Yeah. I’ve got a whole hive behind my house” Taeyeon answered casually.

Tiffany’s eyes popped wide open.

“Really?!” Tiffany exclaimed.

Taeyeon nodded casually as she proceeded to the checkout.

*I didn’t know she kept bees* Tiffany thought to herself as she shuffled behind Taeyeon.

As they approached the counter Taeyeon just put the basket onto the counter and waited on the other side of the till, totally ignoring the uncomfortable gazes to woman at the counter was giving. Tiffany popped the box of berries into the basket as well before moving to the end and waited for the items to be scanned.

“I’ll be outside” Taeyeon murmured as she passed Tiffany a few bills to pay for the groceries and left the store.

Tiffany shot an accusing glare at the woman at the till.

“Ermm… Could you please hurry? I have to be home soon.” Tiffany suddenly cleared .

The woman just nodded as she started scanning the items and putting it into the bag. Tiffany passed the bills to the woman and just walked off, not caring if she had given extra. When she walked out of the store she noticed Taeyeon standing there with her hands in her pockets and rocking on the back of her heels, staring up at the sky.

Upon hearing the sound of the bags rustling Taeyeon turned around to meet Tiffany’s eyes.

“Well?” Taeyeon smiled as she held out her left elbow.

Tiffany didn’t have to ask to understand what Taeyeon had suggested. She held the bag of groceries in one hand and reached to link arms with Taeyeon. Taeyeon however just easily reached over to grab the bags and help Tiffany carry most of it and began to make their way back to Taeyeon’s house. The walk home was relatively quite as Tiffany felt Taeyeon’s tense aura around her.

“Taeyeon…?” Tiffany murmured as she nudged Taeyeon’s elbow.

“Hm?” Taeyeon answered back, still looking straight ahead.

“Why are you allowing me this chance? You could have just easily left me if you had no interest.” Tiffany asked curiously.

Taeyeon just smiled slightly.

“I don’t know. Maybe I just wanted to see what you could do. I still have an eternity to do all the things I want to anyway and I don’t think Yuri and Yoona would let me live it down” she explained.

Tiffany just nodded slowly at Taeyeon’s answer.

“Well… I’m thankful for it…” Tiffany smiled. “Even though you may see this as a joke, it’s really important to me. Who knows, I may be able to convince you before Christmas” Tiffany let out an excited giggle.

“We’ll see. Where things are going now… I doubt it” Taeyeon shrugged.

Tiffany just nodded in acknowledgement.

*I still haven’t given it my best yet though* she thought to herself.

“Okay… We’re here” Taeyeon’s voice interrupted Tiffany’s thoughts.

Tiffany blinked a few times to see themselves in front of the door of Taeyeon’s house. She then saw Taeyeon looking down at her arm and immediately let go of it. Taeyeon then took out the key and opened the door and pushed it open.

Tiffany was expecting to see Bubz running up to her and greet her but the house was oddly quiet.

“I told you. Bubz sleeps early.” Taeyeon answered Tiffany’s unasked thoughts.

“Oh…” Tiffany nodded slowly as the sound of the bags echoed through the house.

“So Tiffany… Should you get started?” said Taeyeon as she put all the groceries onto the kitchen bench.

“Oh right. You can rest now. I’ll start up” Tiffany hurriedly walked over and dug into the groceries bag.

Taeyeon gave a stretch as she walked back into her room and got herself changed again, wearing the oversized shirt again. She then walked over to her iPad and turned it on to search for new movies whilst Tiffany started preparing the macaroons. Taeyeon opened up a video and started lazily watching it.

All of a sudden, there was a loud noise coming from the kitchen. Taeyeon wasn’t at all surprised. What was surprising to her though was the fact that it didn’t happen earlier on. Giving off a loud sigh Taeyeon paused her movie and casually walked over to the kitchen where Tiffany was staring down at the mixing bowl which was tipped upside down on the floor, all the mixture spilt everywhere.

“Oops…” Tiffany murmured as she bit her lower lip and lowered herself to the mess on the floor.

She then slowly picked up the bowl and winced at the mess on the floor. Taeyeon just slowly passed Tiffany a dustpan so she could scoop up the mess and the mop from the cupboard nearby.

“I think I should be the one handling the cooking…” Taeyeon said bluntly as Tiffany threw the ruined mixture into the bin.

Tiffany just nodded slowly as she started wiping the floor while Taeyeon walked over to the cupboard to get another bowl. As Taeyeon reached for the top cupboard, Tiffany looked up to face Taeyeon’s shirt lifted up slowly, threatening to reveal more than was needed. Flustered, she quickly looked down again and pretended to be busy while Taeyeon finally reached the bowl.

“You done?” Taeyeon asked as she turned around to face Tiffany.

Tiffany had her head bowed low as she gave a quick nod.

“Want to help? I’m not good with human cooking materials…” Taeyeon admitted as she held up the electric mixer.

“O-Okay…” Tiffany answered hesitantly.

Taeyeon accurately measured out all the ingredients and let Tiffany handle all the electronic work, making sure that things wouldn’t get out of control when she pressed the ‘on’ button.  While Tiffany was beating the mixture Taeyeon decided to prepare the berries. She washed the berries and cut the ones that were too big before putting it into a bowl and putting in the completely empty fridge. Tiffany was trying her best to control the electric beater as she stuck her tongue to the side in concentration. When the mixture was done they started to make the macaroons and putting them onto the oven plate so they could bake.
Tiffany let out a huff as she blew her fringe away from her face. When it wouldn’t move she used the clean part of her hand to attempt to move it but it did no good.

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany whined as she turned around to face Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked up from her macaroon to see Tiffany with hair all over her face and an annoyed expression behind it all. Understanding what was needed, Taeyeon moved Tiffany’s fringe away from her face, allowing Tiffany to breathe properly.

“Thanks” Tiffany smiled as she turned back to her macaroons.

Taeyeon just smiled smugly as she saw that she had gotten some of the mixture onto Tiffany’s forehead from using her hand to move away the fringe.
Feeling something odd against her forehead, Tiffany used her arm to wipe away the remains that Taeyeon had left behind. As she pulled her arm down she saw bright purple macaroons mix all over her arm. Dumbfounded, it took her a few seconds before she finally understood what it was.

“Hey! Taeyeon!” Tiffany suddenly yelled.

“Hm?” Taeyeon turned innocently towards Tiffany to see her forehead now being covered with the mix. She bit her lower lip to stop herself from laughing at the site.

“You got some onto me” Tiffany whined as she showed Taeyeon her arm.

“Who me?” Taeyeon raised both her eyebrows high as she pointed to herself.

Tiffany gave a short nod as she frowned.

“Anniyo” Taeyeon chuckled as she waved her arms and set down her macaroon onto the oven plate.

From the side she felt something cold against her cheek, her eyes opening wide at the contact. She whipped her head around to see Tiffany with a smug expression on her face and a finger which was unusually clean compared to the rest.
Taeyeon’s jaw hung open as she wiped away the wet substance off her cheek with the back of her hand, only to reveal the purple substance spread all over it.

“Suits you” Tiffany gave a cheeky nod.

Taeyeon let out a low grumble as she glared at Tiffany. Then using one of her fingers, she smudged some more of the batter onto Tiffany’s nose.
Tiffany looked down at her nose as she saw it at the end of her nose, her eyes crisscrossing in the process.
Taeyeon let out a loud chuckle as pointed at Tiffany’s expression. Wanting to get even, Tiffany added another smudge on Taeyeon’s chin. Taeyeon stopped laughing immediately as she attacked with a smudge to the cheek. Tiffany attacked back as the two started covering each other’s faces in purple macaroon mixture. Taeyeon then decided to move away from Tiffany to stop the childish fight.

“Okay that’s enough. There won’t be enough to make the macaroons later” Taeyeon laughed as she wiped some of the mixture off of her face.

Tiffany looked over at the oven plate to see sixteen already made.

“It’s enough anyway” Tiffany reassured as she walked over to the sink to wash her hands.

Taeyeon just nodded as she joined Tiffany. An awkward silence was exchanged as the two stood close to each other and washed their hands, their hips almost touching.

Taeyeon washed her hands faster than Tiffany’s so quickly moved from the awkward position and started to put the oven tray into the oven so the macaroons could cook.
As she turned around, water droplets hit her face as Tiffany flicked them onto her.

“Heheh” Tiffany giggled as she quickly ran out of the kitchen.

“Tsk” Taeyeon scoffed as she wiped away the water droplets from her face.

Tiffany peeked from the side of the wall to see if Taeyeon was going to attack her. When she saw the coast was clear she walked to the groceries bag and took out the next ingredients she needed to make the cream.

“Can you handle things from now?” Taeyeon suddenly asked as she dried her hands.

“Ah… Yeah I can. Don’t worry” Tiffany answered confidently as she held up a peace sign.

Taeyeon narrowed her gaze at Tiffany, not trusting her to leave her alone in the kitchen by herself again. Finally deciding that she wanted to keep the house in one piece, she took the ingredients out of Tiffany’s hands and tipped them into a glass bowl.

“I don’t want to have to buy a new house later” Taeyeon murmured as she handed Tiffany the bowl.

“I’m not THAT bad” Tiffany remarked as she pouted as started beating to make the cream.

“No. You’re worse” Taeyeon answered bluntly.

“Gee, you’re nice” Tiffany replied sarcastically as she stopped the beater.

Taeyeon just shrugged carelessly as Tiffany covered the cream and put it into the fridge. She then cleaned up the mess that she had made and washed any dishes that weren’t needed as Taeyeon stood on the sides and watched her.
When she was finished she gave a proud nod at the kitchen as she held her arms at her hips.

“So what now?” Taeyeon asked tiredly from the side.

Tiffany looked at the oven’s timer to see that they still had around ten minutes left before the macaroons were done.

“How about we just talk?” Tiffany suggested as she sat on one of the stools at the kitchen bench top.

“Talk?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow curiously.

Tiffany nodded.

“This is my chance to get to know you better after all” Tiffany reasoned.

Taeyeon just shrugged as she hopped onto the bench top to sit.

“What would you like to know?” Taeyeon started.

“What your favourite things are.” Tiffany answered curiously.

Taeyeon shrugged in response.

“Don’t really have any”

“Color?”

“Anything is fine”

“Food?”

“Don’t care”

“Animals?”

“They don’t come near me”

“Music?”

“Don’t really know”

Tiffany frowned at the uncertain answers that Taeyeon was giving.

“Are you going to give me a solid answer?” Tiffany changed the question.

“Maybe” Taeyeon answered back again.

Tiffany let out a defeated sigh.

“Okay. You ask the questions then” Tiffany decided.

“Okay then. Why are you trying so hard to get me to like you?” Taeyeon didn’t hesitate to ask the questions.

“I think you already know that” Tiffany giggled.

“No I don’t actually. I mean shouldn’t you be scared of me? The fact that I am a thing from the legends and stories. A minion of Satan” Taeyeon said in a mocking tone.

Tiffany shook her head.

“I have to admit I was scared at first. But after I thought through the short time I spent with you, I knew that you were normal just like the rest of us. Your body just reacts differently to a normal person’s, but the fact still remains that you have feelings like everyone else.” Tiffany explained patiently.

“But why? Even if… and I repeat IF… we were to get together, by the time you’re 30 I still would be at the age of 23. When you’re 60 I will still remain 23. Do you really think you can be happy about that?” Taeyeon asked seriously.

Tiffany just took a deep breath as she thought about what Taeyeon had said. It was true what she was getting at. No matter how young she looked for her age Taeyeon would remain forever unchanged.
Tiffany looked up straight into Taeyeon’s eyes and let out a sigh.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be? To be able to spend my life with someone I love without having to fear that I may lose them is like a dream come true.” Tiffany answered with a bright smile.

Taeyeon just scoffed.

“Then what am I to do when you do leave? Just leave me here to get along with life?” Taeyeon retorted.

Tiffany blinked curiously.

“I guess you would move on afterwards. Time heals all wounds.” Tiffany answered with a puzzled expression.

“So you’re fine with me moving onto someone else and forget completely about you after you’re gone?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow.

“N-No…?” Tiffany really hadn’t thought about all of the scenarios.

“So you want me to remain loyal and not find anyone else?”

“N-Not that either…” Tiffany bit her lower lip at the corner she had reached.

The oven’s timer then went off, signalling that the macaroons were over. Taeyeon walked pass Tiffany to pat her head before she opened the oven.

“Just forget what I said. I was just trying to pass the time…” Taeyeon reassured as she pulled the desserts out and let them cool down on the stove nearby.

Tiffany tilted her head to the side as Taeyeon’s questions remained in her head. What was she going to do about the future? What was Taeyeon going to do?

“You going to help?” Taeyeon’s voice once again interrupted Tiffany’s thoughts.

Tiffany shook her head to and hit her cheeks to calm herself down. She then looked to see Taeyeon already bring the berries and cream out of the fridge.

“What do we do now?” Taeyeon asked with a clueless expression as she held up the berries and macaroons.

“We put the cream onto the macaroons and then the berries and finally top it off with another macaroon” Tiffany answered confidently.

“So like this?” Taeyeon said hesitantly as she scooped some of the cream onto the macaroons and put some berries onto it before putting another macaroon on top.

“Yepp” Tiffany answered as she decided to help.

She picked up the warm macaroon and followed Taeyeon’s actions before setting it onto a plate nearby. Seeing it stand perfectly on the plate, Tiffany started to make the others.

“Tiffany…?” Taeyeon’s voice suddenly called out slowly.

Tiffany looked up to see Taeyeon staring at the plate where the macaroons stood. She followed the gaze to see a demented macaroon and a melted one too.

“…” there was a short silence as they stared at the mess on the plate.

“Were we supposed to let them cool down before we put the cream on?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly.

Upon realisation of what they had done wrong, Tiffany gave herself a face palm.

“The melting tower of macaroons…” Taeyeon commented as she poked at the ruined macaroons which her bathing in the melted cream.

 

 

TBC~

____________________________________________________________________________________-

 

Random Fact #9:

It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them!

 

 

Hahahaha

Stoopid Squirrels

 

Now... where did i leave my chips? >_>

 

 

 

That's all for today ^^

Bubbles out~

--