The Test

Falling For You Again

 

“Oh. Found it. You forgot to bring this over here and that’s why it ended up being wrong.” Yoona said calmly as she pointed towards SeoHyun’s work. SeoHyun nodded slowly as she fixed her mistake and worked through the rest of the question. Just as SeoHyun was about to go onto the next question they heard the sound of car doors closing.

“They’re back” Yoona growled as she got up quickly and opened the door. As the door opened slowly, Yuri and Taeyeon were standing in front of the door with unamused expressions on their faces.

“What happened to you two?” Yoona asked curiously as they walked by her. Taeyeon just waved her hand carelessly as she flopped over the armrest of the couch. Yuri chuckled as she walked towards the dinner table where SeoHyun was studying and decided to check on her work.

“Fine… ignore me… again” Yoona said sarcastically as she closed the door with annoyance. She then was about to walk back to SeoHyun when she noticed Taeyeon still bent over the arm rest of the chair. A smirk grew on her as an idea popped into her head.
Yoona slowly crept up to Taeyeon’s legs where her backside was completely vulnerable as Taeyeon was still unmoving. Yoona bent over a little to take a look at Taeyeon’s lower back, which was exposed as her shirt was pushed up from her position.

“I see our leader likes to wear lacy underwear” Yoona said all too loudly as she tugged on Taeyeon’s shirt. Yuri’s and SeoHyun’s head remained unmoved as they stared at Yoona curiously. Taeyeon on the other hand, did not act so calm.

“Yoona!” Taeyeon yelled as she stood back up. Yoona gave a quick squeal as she ran as fast as she could. Taeyeon ran after her, trying to grab whatever part she could to stop Yoona. Yoona ran past Yuri and SeoHyun quickly, the wind blowing both their hair sideways and into their face. Before they could even fix it Taeyeon ran past, making another gust of wind come through. Yoona then decided to run back around Yuri and SeoHyun, making her and Taeyeon run in circles.
Yuri sat there as her hair was being messed up by the two running past her. Finally, having enough of the childish antics, she stuck her foot out in front of Yoona, causing her to fall face first onto the floor boards. Taeyeon wasn’t far behind her as she fell over Yoona’s feet. She fell on top of Yoona giving out a loud ‘oof’ as their bones collided.
This was however an advantage to Taeyeon as she grabbed Yoona’s arm and bent it backwards.

“Ow!! Ow, ow ow!!!” Yoona yelled as her other hand slammed against the floor.

“M-Mercy! Please. I like my arm where it is!” Yoona exclaimed in pain as Taeyeon pulled it back even further. SeoHyun winced as she watched Yoona’s arm bend in unnatural ways whilst Yuri was busy fixing her hair.

“Why are you getting worked up for? It’s not like you wear lacy underwear right?! I didn’t see anything!!” Yoona admitted as she tried to get Taeyeon off her. Taeyeon’s grip slowly started to release her as she realised what Yoona said.

“Oooo~” Yuri cooed with amusement as she gave a mischievous grin. Taeyeon quickly let go of Yoona’s arm and got up, brushing off any dirt off of her. SeoHyun quickly got out of her seat as she went over to help Yoona, who was half dead as she laid flat against the floor.

“Well Taeyeon? Do you wear lacy underwear?” Yuri mused as she tilted her head to the side innocently.

 “Mind your own business” Taeyeon muttered as she glared at Yuri.

“Aww come on. You can tell us. We’re like sisters. There’s nothing wrong with wearing a few daring pieces of lingerie once in a while.” Yuri continued.

“Then I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with dislocating a few bones right?” Taeyeon rebutted with an innocent smile. Yuri immediately stopped as she swallowed down hard at Taeyeon’s threat.

“R-Right. Whatever you chose to wear is up to y-you” Yuri stuttered as she gave a salute.

“Yoona, get up from there it’s dirty. Take SeoHyun home as well. It’s getting late.” Taeyeon called back to the dead Yoona.

“Yes Taeyeon” Yoona groaned as her arm was healing.

“I’ll explain everything to you tomorrow. Meet up at my place tomorrow. I’ll get going now.” Taeyeon added before leaving for the door again. Yuri gave a sigh of relief as she went over to Yoona and gave her a sympathetic pat on the back.

“Yoona…” Yuri sighed disappointedly. Yoona slowly propped herself up from the floor and sat up crossed leg.

“Are you okay Yoona?” SeoHyun asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I guess I kinda deserved it” Yoona chuckled as she moved her arm. She then looked over to Yuri who had a disappointed look on her face.

“You knew she was going to kill you if you peeked.” Yuri shook her head slowly. Yoona just nodded shamefully.

“So…” Yuri then looked up with a smirk on her face.

“What type was it?” Yuri winked. SeoHyun looked at Yuri with shock at her question.

“Hahah. It was black and blue. It had bit of frilly bits on the back, looked really expensive” Yoona giggled as she described it to Yuri.

“Ah… Erm…” SeoHyun stuttered at the two talking about Taeyeon. Yoona chuckled at SeoHyun’s expression and patted her shoulder.

“I bet you didn’t expect the all cold Taeyeon to be like that did you?” Yoona mused.

“Our leader has a very weird personality. It’s fun though, seeing her try to keep up her image” Yuri giggled. SeoHyun all the meanwhile was still confused about what was happening around her. Yoona then gave herself a few slaps on the cheek before she stood up quickly.

“Let’s take you home.” Yoona beamed as she held her hand out for SeoHyun. SeoHyun took her hand willingly as they both stood up. Yuri smiled at the small scene in front of her.

“Just like a gentleman, right SeoHyun?” Yuri mused. SeoHyun’s eyes opened with surprise as Yoona shot Yuri a death stare.

“Don’t mind me. You should bring your princess home Prince Yoona” Yuri gave a wink and then mockingly, walked up to her room. SeoHyun stood there blushing while Yoona beside her gave an awkward fidget.

“W-We should get going” Yoona stuttered as she pulled SeoHyun out towards the door.

“O-Oh” SeoHyun replied before exiting Yuri’s house.

 

 

 

*If they weren’t after those three… then who are they after?” Taeyeon thought to herself as she opened her door to her house. As she walked in she heard a growling noise coming from the kitchen. As she slowly put her keys onto the side table, she slowly walked towards the kitchen. As she was a few feet away from the entrance of the kitchen, she saw Bubz in a defending position and growling at something inside the kitchen. Taeyeon stuck to the wall closely as she crept into the kitchen.

“Who’s there?!” Taeyeon growled as she flicked the lights on. As the lights came on she saw a male figure sitting at the kitchen bench with a half-eaten macaroon and a disgusted expression on his face. Taeyeon lowered her guard as she sighed tiredly.

“Gi Kwang what are you doing here?” Taeyeon muttered as she walked over to calm Bubz down.

“I was coming to get a snack… but it seems that all you have is poison.” He remarked as he put the salty macaroon down.

“I’m serious. What are you doing here?” Taeyeon answered back sternly with Bubz in her arms.

“I’m just here to warn you about the three humans.” Gi Kwang shrugged innocently. Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at the mention of the three humans.

“You should probably keep a good eye on them. Our new leader plans on using them against you.”

“Why are you telling me this?” Taeyeon interrupted before Gi Kwang could continue. A smile grew on Gi Kwang’s face as he took a step towards Taeyeon.

“Well… for one, I still have an allegiance with you. Until you willingly give up your leader status to someone, I’m still supposed to abide by your will. And two, well… I really don’t like the new girl.” Gi Kwang chuckled as he made a disgusted expression.

“Girl huh?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at Gi Kwang.

“I don’t suppose the new leader is Sunny now, is she?” she continued. Gi Kwang was caught short from Taeyeon’s question and began choking. Taeyeon let out a smile at the sight of Gi Kwang slamming his hand against the table top trying to stop choking and struggling miserably.

“Well?” Taeyeon urged as she put Bubz down on his feet. Gi Kwang cleared his throat before he took a deep breath.

“Ahem… why do you ask?” Gi Kwang strained.

“Just curious as to whom they are and why they won’t leave me alone?” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she narrowed her gaze towards Gi Kwang.

“That’s one thing I can’t tell you. If you found out she would kill me. Literally.”

“You’re a pure blood immortal… She can’t kill you.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Gi Kwang just shook his head furiously at Taeyeon’s response.

“She can. She’s already done it to our old leader before you. I’m telling you it’s possible.” Gi Kwang’s voice suddenly became serious.

“Well what’s wrong with telling me now? It’s not like she can hear.” Taeyeon crossed her arms as she watched Gi Kwang. Gi Kwang however, thought otherwise. He walked up to Taeyeon and leaned in against her ear.

“She can… she has this thing where she knows everything I say…” he whispered in Taeyeon’s ear. Taeyeon leaned away from Gi Kwang and wiped her ear annoyingly.

“She’s Sunny isn’t she? I saw you…” Taeyeon blurted out bluntly. Gi Kwang ran up and covered up before she could continue.

“Shhh. You weren’t supposed to be there remember?” Gi Kwang growled into Taeyeon’s ear.

“If she finds out you were there…” he didn’t continue as he imagined the horrible images flash through his head. Taeyeon roughly pulled Gi Kwang’s hand away from and gave a loud huff.

“I-I should be going now… Later Taeyeon…” Gi Kwang said urgently as he quickly escaped through the door.

“What was that about?” Taeyeon huffed as she straightened out her clothes.

 

 

“What was that?” Sunny asked roughly as Gi Kwang stood beside her.

“Sh-she’s just guessing who the new leader is… that’s all” Gi Kwang answered hesitantly. Sunny turned around and raised her eyebrow at Gi Kwang.

“So does she know?” Sunny asked. Gi Kwang just responded with a quick shake of the head.

“Good…” Sunny smiled as she started walking.

“As for those three… Why didn’t we just grab them both? It would’ve caused us a whole lot less trouble.” Said Sunny.

“Th-there’s always a next time…” Gi Kwang stuttered. Sunny just shook her head slowly as she began to think to herself.

“Let’s go back. We’ll rethink our plan. I should probably stay away from Tiffany for a while too… I’m sure the Legion wouldn’t mind if I bunked with them for a while.” Sunny smirked. Gi Kwang rolled his eyes as he followed Sunny into the darkness, wishing he was somewhere else.

 

 

The next day, SeoHyun was busily cleaning up the house whilst Tiffany was sitting on the couch and painting her nails. Jessica still had not come down from her room and it was almost noon.

“Unnie… Do you think it’s time to wake up Jessica Unnie yet?” SeoHyun asked curiously. Tiffany looked up from her nails and just shrugged at SeoHyun.

“I think we should leave her to sleep a little longer.” Tiffany said indifferently as she blew on her wet nails. SeoHyun just nodded as she continued to clean up the house. Just then there was a knock on the door.

“SeoHyun can you get that? My nails are wet at the moment” Tiffany smiled innocently as she showed SeoHyun her nails. SeoHyun just obediently nodded as she walked to open the door. As the door swung open she saw Taeyeon and Yoona standing on the front porch.

“Oh, Taeyeon… Yoona” SeoHyun said with surprise.

“Taeyeon and I decided to come and visit. Yuri has gone to visit Leeteuk so she couldn’t come with us today. Hope you don’t mind” Yoona smiled as she gave a wave at the door.

“Taeyeon~” Tiffany squealed from the back as she hurriedly ran to the door. She smiled widely as she saw Taeyeon standing crossed armed at the door. Taeyeon however, greeted her in a different manner. She shoved Tiffany a booklet into her hands and walked into the door, pushing Tiffany backwards a few steps. Tiffany stumbled a few steps before Taeyeon finally stopped. She then looked down at her hands to see equations and questions in the booklet.

“Errr…” Tiffany held the booklet up carefully with her hands and raised her eyebrow at it. Taeyeon took it back and put it onto the table nearby and took a pen out of her pocket and put it on the paper.

“The mini-test I was talking about. If you manage to pass it, I’ll come with you to the festival.” Taeyeon said bluntly as she nodded her head towards the test papers. Yoona and SeoHyun peeked over Taeyeon’s shoulder to take a peek at the test paper on the table. It looked around ten pages long and had some complex questions that SeoHyun found difficult.

“All of it?” Tiffany said slowly as she stared at the booklet.

“Yepp. Oh and you only have an hour to finish it. Time starts….” Taeyeon held up her wrist as she was about to time.

“Waiiiit! I just did my nails. Can I do it some other time?” Tiffany whined as she held up her nails to show Taeyeon. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at Tiffany and just shook her head.

“Now” Taeyeon said abruptly, signalling the time to start. Tiffany whined as she turned around and held up her pen carefully, trying not to ruin her nails. SeoHyun and Yoona behind them started giggling as they proceeded to the lounge room.
Taeyeon tried to hold back her smile as she watched Tiffany try to hold the pen in between her fingers and pounder at the questions she’s given.

“I can’t do this” Tiffany whined as she looked at the first question. Taeyeon went over to the other side of the table to watch over Tiffany.

“That’s not like the ‘all determined’ Tiffany. Usually you would tackle this test no problem” Taeyeon chuckled mockingly. Tiffany pouted as she laid her head against the papers.

“But this is a test that is beyond possible. Not everyone is as smart as you Taeyeon” Tiffany complained.

“Just do whatever you can. All you need is a pass anyway.” Taeyeon urged on as she knocked the back of Tiffany’s head. Tiffany hesitantly propped herself back up as she frowned at the booklet in front of her. Taeyeon then smiled to herself as she sat back and scanned the house. She noticed Yoona and SeoHyun whispering to each other over what seemed to be a map. Taeyeon didn’t want to pry any further, not caring much for what they are doing. She then realized that there was someone missing from the group who wasn’t Yuri.

“Tiffany… Where’s Jessica?” she asked curiously as she refocused her attention back to the half dying Tiffany. 

“Still asleep” Tiffany answered back lifelessly as she sighed at the booklet.

“Still?” Taeyeon remembered that when Yuri had checked on her last night she was also asleep. Tiffany just nodded slowly as she tapped the pen against her head.

“She could sleep for days and still wake up complaining about not having enough sleep.” Tiffany chuckled. Taeyeon just nodded slowly in response before folding her arms and leaning back against her chair, amused at expressions Tiffany was making.

An hour had passed already. Yoona and SeoHyun had gone out to buy some snacks whilst Taeyeon was checking through the booklet which Tiffany barely managed to scrawl over. She marked large circles where Tiffany had managed to get things wrong, which ended up marking the whole booklet with circles. Tiffany sighed disappointedly as Taeyeon handed back the booklet with a large red ‘F’ on the front of it.

“Horrible…” Taeyeon remarked as she shook her head sadly. Tiffany just nodded slowly as she held the booklet up limply. Taeyeon then looked on her watch to see that it was past lunchtime.

“Hey Tiffany… I think you should wake up Jessica… Over fifteen hours of sleep isn’t that healthy for her…” she said slowly as she pointed to the time on her wrist. Tiffany blinked a few times at Taeyeon with a bewildered expression.

“I’ll go get her then…” Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she got up from her seat. Tiffany then stood up along with her and stopped her.

“I’ve got it. Jessica gets…. Cranky if anyone wakes her up. I have my own way of waking her up” Tiffany quickly explained as she bolted upstairs. Taeyeon was left still halfway up her seat with agape, wondering why Tiffany was so eager to wake up Jessica. Disregarding her thought, Taeyeon sat back down on the chair and flicked through the test Tiffany just sat.

*I’m sure I’ve taught her all this… Still this work is appalling. Twenty times thirty two… how did she get eight hundred and sixty?* Taeyeon thought to herself as she saw all the mistakes Tiffany had made as she waited for the two to come down.
After thirty minutes Taeyeon started to get suspicious about the silence upstairs. It seemed rather quiet for someone who was trying to wake up someone who loved their sleep. Deciding to check on them, Taeyeon got up and walked over to the stairs and was about to walk up when the door suddenly burst open with Tiffany and Jessica standing there. Tiffany was holding Jessica up unsteadily as they stumbled down the steps. Taeyeon watched as they dangerously swayed left and right of the steps, having her hands out ready just in case they decided to sway forward and fall down the steps. Luckily, Tiffany and Jessica made it down the steps safely as they stood in front of Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked at Jessica strangely as she noticed something different about her.
She seemed to be rather lifeless as her body seemed to have lost its energy. Her face was somewhat paler as she seemed to have lost some weight. What was most noticeable to Taeyeon though, were the dull lifeless eyes that seemed to be like an endless hole.

“Is Jessica okay?” Taeyeon asked slowly as she turned back to Tiffany. Tiffany just gave a smile and nodded as she helped Jessica stand up straight and poke her side to wake Jessica up a bit. Jessica suddenly stood up straight as her face suddenly gained a few shades back but her eyes still remained lifeless.

“She’s always like this in the morning. It’s like watching the living dead come back to life” Tiffany chuckled as she wriggled out of Jessica’s arm. Jessica rubbed her eyes lazily as she shuffled automatically to the kitchen and gave a loud yawn.

“I see…” Taeyeon said slowly.

“So… about the festival?” Tiffany said slowly as if trying to change the subject.

“Oh right. Well… your results were horrible. I don’t think anything I’ve taught you has sunken in yet. But… since you seemed rather enthusiastic about the festival, I’ll think about it” Taeyeon replied coyly. Expecting a whine from Tiffany she got herself ready for the annoyingly pitched voice, but instead she received a disappointed sigh and a sad expression.

“O-Oh… okay” Tiffany said slowly as she had her head bowed down low with disappointment. Taeyeon ducked her head down lower to take a look at Tiffany’s expression but she just turned her head away from Taeyeon.

“Tiffany…?” Taeyeon said slowly as she followed Tiffany. Tiffany just shook her head slowly as she brought her hand up to her face and wiped something away. Guilt ran over Taeyeon as she saw the wetness on Tiffany’s hand as she pulled it away.

“I mean… I ermm… Yeah I’ll come with you to the festival.” Taeyeon panicked and blurted out on an impulse. She really didn’t like making other people cry because she knew that she would eventually give in. She paused as she waited for Tiffany’s response.

“R-Really?” Tiffany sounded hopeful as she looked back up at Taeyeon. Taeyeon just gave a hesitant nod as she patted Tiffany’s head.

“It will be… a good chance to… annoy you?” Taeyeon’s statement ended up becoming a mangled question rather than a tease. Tiffany let out a smile as she wiped away the last traces of water from her eyes before giving a proud nod.

“It will be fun. Promise” Tiffany beamed with a huge smile. Taeyeon just chuckled as she rolled her eyes and headed back to the kitchen where Jessica was eating some eggs and pancakes she had cooked.

“Well it seems everything should be okay today… Yoona will be back with SeoHyun soon.” Taeyeon whispered to herself as she gave an approving nod.

“Huh?” Tiffany questioned from behind. Taeyeon whipped around and faced Tiffany face to face.

“Urrmmm… nothing… All three of you go to your lectures in the afternoon tomorrow right?” Taeyeon changed the subject quickly.

“Lectures? Oh right…” Tiffany giggled to herself.

“Yeah in the afternoon.” Tiffany confirmed. Taeyeon nodded, satisfied with Tiffany’s answer.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. I need to see how Yuri is doing.” Taeyeon said slowly. Tiffany just nodded as she stood there, half expecting something. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow as she looked at Tiffany curiously.

“Yeah… I should get going…” Taeyeon said awkwardly as she slowly headed towards the door. Tiffany snapped out of what seemed to be a semi daze before smiling brightly and nodding.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then” Tiffany smiled. Taeyeon just nodded as she gave a wave and exited out the door, leaving Tiffany alone with Jessica.

Tiffany let out a sigh as she slowly trudged back to the kitchen.

Sooyeon!” Tiffany called out lazily.