A Loyal Sister

Falling For You Again

 

“Tae~ Aren’t you going to pack your things?” Miyoung asked curiously whilst Taeyeon was driving down the street. Taeyeon looked over at Miyoung curiously and raised her left eyebrow.

“Why would I need to?” Taeyeon asked back. Miyoung just shrugged her shoulders and averted her gaze towards the front again.

“Oh well… you know, aren’t you going to re-join the Legion now?” Miyoung said hesitantly. Taeyeon let out a long sarcastic laugh at Miyoung’s theory and shook her head with disbelief.

“They may not have… killed… you. But they still hold hatred against humans and the other non-pure immortals. I won’t hate them anymore, but I don’t think I would survive living with them.” Taeyeon replied half serious. Miyoung nodded slowly at Taeyeon’s explanation and let out a low hum.

“It’s going to be a short visit. One or two days should be enough and then we will come back” Taeyeon added reassuringly. Miyoung bit her lower lip nervously and furrowed her eyebrows, focusing her gaze open the road ahead of them.

“But Tae~” Miyoung suddenly whined. Taeyeon stiffened at Miyoung’s sudden childish act, still having her colder personality lingering around her.

“I don’t like living in Korea anymore. I heard Japan was much more fun and lively.” Miyoung complained. Taeyeon turned over at Miyoung to see her with a displeased look on her face.

“But Miyoung-ah… I still have my friends here…” Taeyeon slowly trailed off as she mentioned her ‘friends’.

“Oh right. Whatever did happen to Jessica and Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked curiously. Miyoung stiffened slightly at Taeyeon’s question but quickly regained her composure and smiled reassuringly.

“They’re just back to their normal lives. I just sent the two for a week holiday in France while we took their place.” Miyoung quickly lied. Taeyeon nodded slowly and refocused on the road ahead.

“Taeyeon-ah. You can visit your friends any time you like. But I don’t want to be living here anymore. You’ve been here for nearly a decade. Aren’t you tired of it yet?” Miyoung questioned. Taeyeon let out a low hum and thought about Miyoung’s question.

“I guess I have done everything there is here…” Taeyeon whispered to herself. Miyoung clapped once approvingly and startled Taeyeon.

“Then it’s decided. We’ll move.” Miyoung beamed. Taeyeon turned her head to look at Miyoung hesitantly. Miyoung responded by tilting her head to the side slightly and smiling back innocently. Taeyeon let out a quiet sigh and then gave a short nod.

“Sure… we’ll move to Japan…” Taeyeon admitted dejectedly. Miyoung let out a small giggle and reached for Taeyeon’s hand and rubbed it reassuringly.

“We’ll live together and catch up on the time we lost. I promise.” Miyoung promised. Taeyeon smiled slightly and squeezed Miyoung’s hand back. As Taeyeon drove past a light post, her eye caught onto the colourful poster stuck onto it. She then quickly followed the poster to see it regarding the festival that coming weekend.

“What is it Tae?” Miyoung asked curiously. Taeyeon lifted her hand away from Miyoung’s grip and up to her face to check the date, leaving Miyoung’s hand hanging by her side awkwardly.

“Three days…” Taeyeon mumbled to herself, lowering her hand down by her side again. Miyoung looked down at the two separated hands and grimaced sadly.

“Miyoung?” Taeyeon then called out. Miyoung looked up from the hands and up at Taeyeon curiously.

“Can we move next week? I need to pack and arrange the paperwork… also… I’d like to stay around for the festival. It might be the last time that I will attend something in Korea.” Taeyeon asked without looking at Miyoung. Miyoung turned her head to the side slightly and began to think.

“It will only be until this Sunday. I promise. Once the festival is over we’ll get on the first plane to Japan.” Taeyeon added confidently. Miyoung looked back down at their hands again and let out a long sigh.

“Yeah sure… why not?” Miyoung tried to answer back cheerfully. Taeyeon’s face brightened immediately at Miyoung’s permission and nodded once eagerly. Miyoung leaned back against her chair, still staring at the two hands. She waited for Taeyeon to grasp her hand again like during the old days, but much to her dismay, Taeyeon’s hand remained where it was; not in her own.

“You promised Tae… First plane to Japan after the festival.” Miyoung called out quietly, slipping her hand into Taeyeon’s again. Taeyeon nodded and responded to Miyoung’s hand by holding it gently.

“First plane.” Taeyeon reconfirmed.

~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~

“Oh, Yuri and Sooyoung. Leeteuk is expecting you Sooyoung.” The bouncer at the door of restaurant moved aside to allow Yuri and Sooyoung in. Yuri led the way and dragged Sooyoung’s hand through the door and headed straight for the kitchen. She then pushed the door roughly with her foot and looked around for a familiar face.

“Leeteuk!” Sooyoung called out through the loud noises of the food cooking. Emerging from the cloud of steam and smoke was Leeteuk with a towel in his hands and an apron. He looked up from drying his hands and stumbled back a few steps when he saw Yuri standing beside Sooyoung.

“Yuri? Why are you here?” Leeteuk sounded alarmed as he quickly put the towel down and rushed over. Yuri kept a straight face and nodded her head towards the stairs to the private rooms upstairs. Leeteuk returned the grim expression and nodded. Sooyoung looked at the two with confusion and followed them towards a quieter place upstairs. Yuri and Leeteuk entered the room first and Sooyoung trailed behind. When she closed the door behind her she could feel the heavy atmosphere around her.

“Leeteuk, Sooyoung. I have bad news.” Yuri started off. Sooyoung hesitantly walked over to the seat beside Leeteuk and sat down slowly.

“Taeyeon, Yoona, Tiffany, SeoHyun and Jessica are in danger. Taeyeon and Tiffany mostly…” Yuri took a deep breath and stared at the glass table in front of her, wondering how she was going to explain the situation.

“Taeyeon’s past has come back to haunt her.” Leeteuk continued calmly. Yuri and Sooyoung looked up at Leeteuk with eyes opened wide. Yuri was wondering whether Leeteuk had already known and Sooyoung was just wondering what Leeteuk meant in general.

“Sunny and Gi Kwang informed me of the matters going on. Sooyoung listen to me carefully and don’t say anything until I finish.” Leeteuk said seriously, keeping his eyes focused on Sooyoung.

“Wait… Sunny AND Gi Kwang?” Sooyoung questioned full of alarm. Leeteuk silenced her from going any further by holding up his finger. Yuri blinked a few times and leaned over her legs to pay attention to Leeteuk.

“Didn’t I just say ‘don’t say anything until I finish’? Gi Kwang is on our side in this… It’s a long story… but overall, Taeyeon may be in grave danger. And many more will be too if we don’t stop this.”

“Many more?” Yuri interrupted this time. Leeteuk nodded grimly.

“Okay now tell me what going on. I seem to missing the main picture here.” Sooyoung interrupted. Leeteuk and Yuri gave a small apologetic smile to her and looked at each other, deciding who was going to start first. Yuri then gave a small nod and determined that she would start off.

“I don’t know when it started, but Taeyeon has been targeted by an unknown member of the Legion who wants the title of leader. Gi Kwang has been trying to get Taeyeon to reaccept her leader position over the past few weeks. I don’t know when it happened but the humans slowly began to be targeted as well. The days went on and we caught Gi Kwang talking to Sunny privately. Taeyeon and I then thought that Sunny was behind everything and tried to keep the humans away from her. I don’t know when, but Jessica and Tiffany were taken and replaced…” Yuri slowed down her pace and looked up at Sooyoung to see a reaction. Sooyoung still remained stiff and waited for her to continue.

“I think Tiffany and Jessica were replaced for a few days. We did notice a few things different about the two, but we disregarded the facts… Eventually, that led me to getting caught by the Jessica imposter…”

“Imposters? How could they have imposed as Tiffany and Jessica?” Sooyoung asked suddenly. Leeteuk raised his eyebrow up for a while. He understood that Miyoung could have easily imposed as Tiffany, but he wasn’t sure of how anyone could impose as Jessica.

“Because… They’re Sooyeon and Miyoung….” Yuri finally admitted. Both Sooyoung’s and Leeteuk’s jaw dropped though Leeteuk seemed a little calmer than Sooyoung.

“Sooyeon too?!” Leeteuk gaped. Yuri turned over to Leeteuk and nodded slowly, thinking that Leeteuk should have already known.

“This is bad… This is not good at all…” Leeteuk then suddenly mumbled quickly to himself.

“I thought Sunny and Gi Kwang explained everything to you” Yuri said with a puzzled expression. Leeteuk nodded again but slowly turned over to Sooyoung to see still hanging open. Sooyoung then quickly snapped out of it and shook her head slightly.

“If you guys are trying to trick me into believing that, I’m not going to. I know better than anyone else that Miyoung can’t possibly be alive. And Sooyeon was never changed into an immortal. She can never come back.” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows and glared at Leeteuk and Yuri. Her expression eased up slightly when she saw that neither of the two was smiling. She started to feel worried.

“Sunny and Gi Kwang know about Miyoung… But they do not know about Sooyeon. When did you find out about this?” Leeteuk crossed his arms and leaned his chin against his hand. Yuri stood up and revealed the dirtied clothes to Leeteuk again, not forgetting to give a small twirl.

“She did this. She is not human that is for sure… That afternoon I stayed back with her, thinking that she was Jessica who needed more sleep. Then she revealed to me that she was Taeyeon’s sister, Sooyeon. At first I didn’t believe it, but then I was attacked and brought to the cell where the real Tiffany and Jessica were held. Unfortunately during the process Jessica happened to find out that I was immortal.” Yuri bit her lower lip with guilt when she remembered Jessica’s terrified eyes and cold attitude towards her.

“She what?!” Leeteuk and Sooyoung said in unison. Yuri cowered away slightly at the sudden tone of the two and looked down at her hands guiltily.

“That doesn’t matter for the moment. We’ll talk to Jessica later… As long as there is no more who know” Sooyoung said sternly. Yuri bit her lower lip even harder and cleared , preparing to reveal a flaw in Sooyoung’s plan.

“Tiffany… also knows…” Yuri mumbled quietly. Sooyoung’s hand slammed against the table as soon as Yuri finished.

“Tiffany too?!” Sooyoung exclaimed. Yuri fiddled with her hands and nodded again. 

“Sooyoung calm down… I think after all this… each one of them will know. It will be unavoidable.” Leeteuk’s voice interrupted Sooyoung. Sooyoung sat back down in her seat stubbornly and remained silent, waiting for a proper explanation.

“Gi Kwang got a text from Miyoung before. They’re preparing to leave Korea and go to Japan to where the main Legion branch resides. Taeyeon may not know this, but the person who wants to take over the Legion is Miyoung herself…” Leeteuk explained slowly. Sooyoung let out a long huff of air and crossed her legs.

“You can drop the joke now you two. I will not believe it until I see it with my own eyes. And I don’t mean dressing Tiffany up as Miyoung either.” Sooyoung said stubbornly. Yuri and Leeteuk exchanged concerned glances and refocused back on Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung we’re not trying to pull a joke here. Miyoung is really back and so is Sooyeon. Yoona and the three other humans are trapped in a cell somewhere as well. I know because I was in that cell with them. We need to free them AND Taeyeon from her past.” Yuri pleaded. Leeteuk stood up from his seat and took out his phone as he dialled a number. Yuri and Sooyoung fell silent as the faint sound of Leeteuk’s phone could only be heard. On the third ring, the other line picked up.

“Hello Sunny?” Leeteuk greeted in the phone.
“What is it Leeteuk?” Sunny answered back with the distinctive sound of the wind blowing through the phone.
“Yuri is here with me now. She’s safe. Listen, apparently there’s someone else who shouldn’t be here. Taeyeon’s younger sister… Sooyeon… Yuri encountered her and tells me that she was helping Miyoung” Leeteuk stood up and started pacing around the room.
“Sooyeon too?!” Sunny yelled through the phone. Leeteuk held the earpiece away from his ear slightly and winced at the high pitched yell in the phone.
“Yeah…” Leeteuk confirmed once Sunny had stopped screaming.
“We’ll find the others then. We can’t be wasting time going back and forth. I trust that you can take care of things on your side. Stop Taeyeon from getting onto any planes for as long as possible. We’ll gather up our last hope together.” Sunny sighed.
“Okay… Good luck” Leeteuk ended the call.

“This… isn’t a joke… is it?” Sooyoung asked hesitantly. Yuri let out a long sigh and nodded solemnly.

“What are we going to do?” Yuri groaned.

“Anyone know where to find Taeyeon?” Leeteuk asked half-heartedly with a shrug.

~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~”~

“This way” Sooyeon’s soft voice stopped Jessica. Jessica stopped in her tracks and turned around to see Sooyeon showing the way towards a hallway. She narrowed her eyes accusingly at Sooyeon, not trusting her at all.

“That way leads to the bedrooms. This is the way outside.” Sooyeon explained, still pointing in the direction of the hallway. Jessica then let out an annoyed huff and followed Sooyeon’s direction, flicking her hair into Sooyeon’s face as she passed her. Sooyeon followed behind Jessica as the two look a likes walked down the hall. Jessica was soon faced with an opening and a door in front of her. To the side of the opening she could see windows revealing the outside world.

“This way…” Sooyeon said again as she held open the door to the outside world. Jessica stepped outside of the door and saw that there was just an open area with nothing but a car in view.

“Jessica?” Sooyeon’s hesitant voice called out. Jessica turned her head around to see Sooyeon standing there with an outstretched arm and a key in her hand. Jessica trailed up Sooyeon’s arm and looked at her with a confused expression.

“Please save my sister…” Sooyeon pleaded in a soft voice. Jessica raised her eyebrow up at Sooyeon.

“Please… Can you and your friends save my sister? It will be my last request… She always took care of me so well when we were younger. My parents always favoured her over me, but she kept on treating me like I was special. I’ve gone through the pain of losing her once. I don’t want to lose her again.” Sooyeon continued. Jessica held her hand out towards Sooyeon hesitantly as the keys fell into the palm of her hand.

“I know you guys can help her. I can no longer do anymore for she will punish me soon after this. Just… make sure Taeyeon is safe…” Sooyeon stared straight into Jessica’s eyes. Jessica felt as though she was looking into a mirror. Sooyeon’s eyes had colour again and now was the exact replica of her.

“But I can’t do it myself…” Jessica said slowly, looking at the keys in her hand. Sooyeon smiled slightly and took a side step. As Sooyeon stepped aside Yoona, Tiffany and SeoHyun ran out from the door and were now in Jessica’s view. Sooyeon looked back at the three behind her and smiled a guilty smile.

“I guess I forgot to relock the doors…” Sooyeon chuckled. Jessica turned back to Sooyeon and bit her lower lip.

“Aren’t you coming with us?” Jessica said slightly. Sooyeon shook her head slowly.

“I don’t think I have the right to see Taeyeon again. And, I don’t think I will remain in the living for much longer. I was never meant to come back here. I died nearly a hundred and fifty years ago.” Sooyeon took a step back away from Jessica and allowed the other three behind her to step up.

“I noticed my sister has had a cold attitude around herself lately. Please excuse her for that attitude. She really is a kind person and she would never do anything to hurt anyone, even if it means hurting herself.” Sooyeon said sincerely. Yoona and Tiffany turned back at Sooyeon and smiled.

“Thank you Sooyeon…” Yoona thanked gratefully. Sooyeon stood up straight and shook her head slightly.

“You shouldn’t be thanking me. I should be thanking you.” Sooyeon reassured.

“I was deluded by her words. I thought that Taeyeon would be safe if I did what she told me to. But you made me realise that I was hurting her even more, and what’s worse, I was going against everything she taught me when I was growing up…” Sooyeon lowered her head in shame. SeoHyun looked between Jessica and Sooyeon, noticing for the first time how similar they looked. She seemed a little alarmed but Yoona grabbed onto her hand slightly, making all her worries ease off slowly. Tiffany walked up to Sooyeon and hugged her tightly.

“Taeyeon would be proud of you. You stood up for yourself and you’re now following what she taught you.” Tiffany smiled slightly. Sooyeon nodded slightly and hugged Tiffany back slightly.

“Go now. You don’t have any time to waste. Your friend Yuri should be around the area where your college is.” Sooyeon pulled away and started ushering everyone towards the lonesome car. Tiffany stood in her place and turned back to Sooyeon with questioning eyes.

“Why won’t you come with us? You could do a lot more help if you were to guide us.” Tiffany pleaded. Sooyeon shook her head apologetically.

“Miyoung will be dealing with me soon enough. I will not be much of any help if I am sitting at the back of the car crying out in pain.” She chuckled slightly. Tiffany’s eyebrows furrowed down slightly at Sooyeon’s negative thoughts. Sooyeon lowered her hands and took Tiffany’s. She held them in her hand and patted them.

“When you face Miyoung… don’t be discouraged. Taeyeon will surely pick you over her. I should know my sister. She would definitely pick you in the end…” Sooyeon said seriously. Tiffany blinked a few times at Sooyeon.

“Who’s Miyoung?” She asked curiously. Sooyeon smiled sideways at her question and shook her head again.

“There is no point in telling you now. Just remember, Taeyeon likes you for who YOU are, not who you resemble. Never get discouraged by looks alone.” Sooyeon shook Tiffany’s hands confidently.

“Now go, find your friends and chase after Taeyeon. Send Taeyeon my greetings and tell her… I’m sorry for being a bad younger sister.” Sooyeon smiled sadly as she ushered them into the car. When all four were safely in the car with Yoona sitting in the driver seat, Tiffany lowered the windows and stuck her head out to Sooyeon.

“Drive straight down this road and take the first right turn. From there take the second left turn and keep driving straight. The GPS installed in the car should be within range again from there.” Sooyeon informed, pointing to the small machine in the front. Yoona stuck the car keys into the car and revved up the engine. Tiffany and Jessica looked back at Sooyeon who took a step back and was now waving at them.

“Jessica… I’m sorry about calling you a waste of a soul. I can see that you have used your chance to live very well. Just know that Yuri will always protect you. I am really envious of you for that.” Sooyeon joked. Jessica smiled back at her and stuck her tongue out playfully.

“Even if I am you, I don’t want any competition.” Jessica mused. Sooyeon laughed at Jessica’s joke.

“Go on then. I really do hope we can meet once more. Tiffany, remember… never give up without a fight. The good guys always win in the end.” Sooyeon gave Tiffany a thumbs-up. Tiffany nodded confidently and returned Sooyeon’s gesture.

“Hold onto your seatbelts. This is one powerful engine.” Yoona smirked as she stepped on the pedal and revved up the engine. Tiffany and Jessica sat back down in their seats.

“Unnie, your seatbelts” SeoHyun reminded. Jessica and Tiffany quickly put on their seatbelts at the request of the younger one and turned back around once to see Sooyeon still standing and waving at them. Yoona then shifted the gears and stepped onto the pedal again. The car revved forward slowly but Yoona pushed the car to the next gear and they started moving faster. Tiffany and Jessica were still looking back behind them, noticing that Sooyeon was now bent over holding her head again. Sooyeon tried her best to give those in the car one more wave before they were no longer in sight.

‘Kim Sooyeon! Do you know what you have just done?! If they find Taeyeon the plan will be ruined! Do you really not care for your sister’s wellbeing?!’ The voice kept on scolding Sooyeon. Sooyeon somehow felt as though the pain was less than all the other times.

‘You won’t do anything until you get what you want from Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s friends are coming after you Miyoung… Friends… Something that YOU don’t have and never will have’ Sooyeon retaliated.

Miyoung was sitting inside the car alone and was in rage at Sooyeon’s remark and pressed onto a button in the palm of her hand down harshly. Her eyes flared with a bright blue as anger consumed her. From the side the car door opened and Miyoung quickly hid the button and took quick deep breaths to dull down the colour of her eyes. Taeyeon returned to the car after she finished paying for the fuel that she had just put into the car. Miyoung hid the button away into her jacket again as Taeyeon put on her seatbelt and started up the car again.

“How about we go see a night movie for now? I’m sure you haven’t had time to see the movies they have these days.” Taeyeon suggested with an eager smile. Miyoung smiled back innocently and nodded.

“Yeah sure. Why not?” Miyoung answered. Taeyeon gave a small nod and started driving out of the fuel station and out onto the streets again. Miyoung turned her head away from Taeyeon and faced the road outside.

‘Yuri, Yoona, Tiffany, Jessica, SeoHyun… you guys will NEVER be able to get Taeyeon back.’ Miyoung thought to herself, pursing her lips tightly as her hands clenched into fists again.

 

 

 

________________________________

 

LOL still June 3rd on AFF.... STILL COUNTS AS ONE DAY :D

-phew- just made it in time

I'll try to write faster tomorrow :3

There WILL be 6 chapters at the end of 32 hours. Promise ^^

2 down and 4 to go woot xD

 

Bubbles out~

--