Chapter 5

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong was pressing the button of the elevator furiously after he’s storm out from the car. He’s almost crushing the button when the door not going to open for them. His mind already filled with something really bad would happen to Dara’s if none going to save her. He’s anxiously looking at the elevator digital number as it still showing the elevator still at 12th floor. He’s quickly running to the emergency stair and steps up to the stairs rushingly while Seunghyun and Kiyong were following him.

 

“Securities already chase the robber hyung.” Kiyong reported to him while running through the stairs, they’re running out the breath as they’re keep running. They couldn’t catch Jiyong’s pace as his eagerly climbing up the stairs.

 

Please, don’t let something happen. His thought were messing up while running up to his company highest floor, the only way he could reach the penthouse was only by the hidden stair inside his office room. He’s fastly going to the room where there was the emergency stair that connected to the penthouse. It’s only he and his trusted people who knew the emergency stair.

 

As soon as he reached the highest floor he could saw the stuffs scattered inside the penthouse, that’s make his chest like tighten, like the oxygen cannot process through his throat. He looked around as he only saw the drawers were opened either it’s at the kitchen the living room, or the every room, he missed one spot while he’s roaming the room, his private room.

 

Jiyong finally found a woman that he’s been looking sat on the floor while cleaning up the broken glasses on the floor, he could saw the red spot on her white dress, he clearly knew that’s blood on her dress.

 

“Sandara!” He’s rushingly running to her who looked so worried while squatting on the floor, not because of her condition but she’s still holding the photo frame. “Are you okay?!” He’s already on the edge while seeing her staying still at her place.

 

“Kwon Jiyong-ssi… I’m sorry.” Her face was pale because it’s not just a slight blood on her dress he could saw the blood were spreading absorbing fastly through the fabric of her dress. “It’s broken. I’m so sorry.” She’s trying to fix the broken glasses like puzzle with her tremble hands.

 

“Sandara!! Stop! Look at me.” But Dara still felt bad about the picture frame in her hands. “Are you stupid?! It’s just frame picture!! LOOK AT ME!” He’s yelling while placing his palms over her cheeks make her look at him straight to the eyes, Jiyong’s eyes was glazing covered with anxious and the mixed up feeling when he’s staring at her. “Are you okay?” He asked with soften voice while looking at her, she’s nodding at him slowly then Jiyong suddenly pressing his hand over the blood stain on her left side, makes her wincing in pain.

 

She’s looking down at her own dress while look confusedly on the blood strain, as she’s just notice it when Jiyong was pressing on it. “I’m bleeding.” She said while trying to pressing the bleeding over Jiyong’s hand.

 

Jiyong’s face unreadable looking at Dara whose getting more pale than before, he took a deep breath about to say something with his upset tone when he seeing Dara was being very calm while his heart about to jump out from it place. “It can’t be like this. Let’s go to hospital.” He was trying to be as calm as Dara.

 

He was helping Dara to get up then quick steps suddenly heard from the room where Jiyong found Dara. Kiyong and Seunghyun finally could reached the penthouse while gasping for breath. Jiyong was turning to look at them while Dara still on the floor pressing her own wound.

 

“Did you find-“ Before even Jiyong finish asking them, they’re already shaking their head as the answer. Jiyong stood up walking closer to them, “Kiyong, he must be somewhere at this building! Find him!” He’s shouting at Kiyong who looked also taken aback when he found the penthouse being like that.

 

Seunghyun rushed walking to the Dara when he saw she’s nearly fall her head on the floor. “Yah Jiyong!” He’s shouting at Jiyong while holding her back and back head, “She’s passing out!”

 

Jiyong back to her, his face now fully  washed with anxious, frighten, fear of losing Dara. “Sandara! Open your eyes…” He said while picking her up, “Please! Open your eyes.” He’s mumbling while carrying her to the elevator which at the right time opened with Seungri, Daesung and Taeyang in there.

 

   

*****

 

[Dara’s POV]

 

It might be stupid but the only thing I had was fork, I don’t know if I could protect myself with that or not. I slowly walked into the room where all the files should’ve placed inside the drawer and closet but all now scattered. I don’t understand what the paper written about, I reached one in my hand trying to read it but still I was too clueless about the subject, I guess it’s about trade contract.

 

I gulped down when I noticed there’s a guy with the black mask and coat about to reach the big picture frame. No don’t touch that. I don’t know when I able to see those beautiful smiles again will, but the picture was so precious even for myself. I bet it’s also precious for Jiyong. A kid with his mother, how could someone ruin that picture, I even didn’t had a chance to have those kind of picture in my entire life.

 

“Don’t touch that!!” I was screaming with my hoarse voice it must because of chit chat that I had with Jieun, I rose up the fork and pointing at him. “You’ll be dead, if you touch that.” I didn’t know why I said that I even couldn’t kill an ant and here I am threatening a human.

 

He chuckled at me, and lifting the big frame with his hands, he’s lifting up the frame above his head as it’s seemed not heavy for him. It creeps me out when I heard he’s chuckled at me, my knees became weak but I tried to hold in. Then he just threw it in front of me made me jumped a bit as the sound really loud inside the room.

 

I saw little Jiyong’s face who still showing the genuine smiles next to his mother on the picture, and now the frame’s glasses was scattered everywhere. I felt like it was my picture and my mother inside the frame and now it’s all broken.

 

“You were not supposed to be here, Sandara.” The voice I had heard it before, somewhere in my head I knew that voice. “You’ll be the one who dead first if you stay around him.” I stayed still at my place while pointing the fork, I looked at him, his eyes were firm full of revenge.

 

“You’ll be dead first.” He was walking passing me while I still freeze in my place, he stabbed his little and cold knife to my side, slowly and extremely painful.

 

My body jerk when I heard that voice being clearly again, at the same time shot pain woke me up. I laid on my side, the very fit side of my body. I opened my eyes slowly, at first it’s blurry but after few blinks I saw Jiyong sat there. His face was pure, worried, and some other mixed up feeling I could saw on his face. He leaned closer to me didn’t say anything.

 

I recalled what that robber said, I’ll be dead first if I stay around him. What did you do Kwon Jiyong until made people around you holding a grudge on you?

 

“That’s the most expensive dress…I haven’t even had a chance to show you.” I said weakly while pouting my lips a little.

 

“You are really having big desire to death even though you’re dying right now.” He said to me but his expression now soften as he sighed in relieve, Does he worried about me? …A guy like Kwon Jiyong?

 

I chuckled when he said that to me, I tried to get up but it’s too much pain that I have to handle, I can’t. It’s like someone was pinching on you but the pinch was staying on your skin for long long time. “Am I that screwed?”

 

“You are.” He nodded while crossing his arms over his chest leaning his back on the chair. “You are so much screwed just because of one picture.” He said finally helping me to sit down but it’s painful and I was about to scream in protest but I don’t like looking at Jiyong’s worried face. He has so much sadness in his eyes already I don’t want to add it or make it worse.

 

I made face at him like mocking him as it’s really for me. How about my works, I need to get out of this bed and doing my works. “I’m hungry.” I tried to distract myself with food as the pain really really torturing me.

 

“Real food?” He asked me and I nodded at him eagerly.

 

“Please~ Sugar.” I said tried to showing my cute voice.

 

He didn’t say anything pretend like he didn’t hear it. He read the menu book on the table next to the bed where I laid down. He’s pressing the number of phone room while looking seriously at the phone. My eyes cannot resist but scanning his jawline which is whenever he’s talking or humming it’s sharpening. He’s biting his lip when he’s trying to think of something. He said anything with clear voice. His eyes filled with sadness and anger at the same time. How could someone hurting this guy... He has too much scars already.

 

My heart told me to save this guy.

 

I reached his right hand while I still laid on the bed on my right side, I held the pale hand of him and caressed it with my thumb while holding on it. Jiyong was still talking with other person through the phone suddenly turned his eyes to me. He watched his hand now being held by me. I couldn’t help but my tears now streaming down to my right face, it’s just come out like that. I sobbed while looking at his hand.

 

“Sandara… are you okay?” He hung up the phone when he saw I cried my eyes out. “Where’s the pain? I’ll call the doctor, hold a minute...hm, no it’s 30 seconds. You’ll be counting till 30 and the pain will gone.” He said to me like he talked to a little kid. He let me holding his hand tightly, while his other hand pressing the bell to calling the nurse. I didn’t say anything I just felt bad for him.

 

Yes, right, Sandara, all people will eventually die anyway… Why are you worried so much?

 

 

*****

 

After the doctor gave me a shot of pain-killer I’ve been sleeping for few hours, I didn’t remember what time I started fell asleep and now it’s late already. I opened my eyes slowly as I didn’t see anyone inside the room, only the sound of clock clicking every second. So, Jiyong already left me alone to back to home.

 

Someone was enetering the room, although I couldn’t see who’s that but I could recognize his voice “I want everyone being investigate, Kiyong.” Suddenly I could hear his voice, “Include, Jieun… Of course.” His voice sounds so exhausted. I closed my eyes pretended to continue sleeping.

 

Poor Jieun... How can she’s being a suspect if I sure saw her left even went to the elevator, and it’s definitely a guy not a woman.

 

“Sure. All the maids too, I don’t want miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter