Chapter 13

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's Different"

[Dara’s POV]

I decided to bring Bom to hospital although she insisted that she’s okay at first but I know she’s not. Her legs were somethings that she treasure, it’s not fine to know that it will left some scars on it. Luckily that the doctor told us the scars would be gone as time goes, imagine Bom’s legs with scars. Absolutely a big no.

“I will cut dices his- hmpfh!” I covered her lips as soon as I know what she want to say. Everyone was looking at us because Park Bom had really loud and high pitch voice  while talking after we out from doctor room.

"Sandara-ssi?" The voice successfully made us turned our heads towards him. He looked neat as usual, he's wearing his dark brown coat while put both of his hands into the pocket.

Oh right, he was working in this hospital, he was the one who taking care of me, I smiled to him, he's like our savior in this dark path. "Bom." He turned to Bom who still puzzled look at him I was surprised when Seunghyun called her name. He knew her.

I gazed to Park Bom, the blood on her face drained all of sudden, she's pale and frozen standing up next to me. She grabbed my hand tightly as her eyes still locked with Seunghyun, they're staring each other for like 2 minutes before I broke the silence between them. I could saw how Seunghyun’s eyes glazing while staring at Park Bom who parted her lips slightly about to say something.

"Do you know each other?" I asked them, then they're automatically turned their gazes to me.

"No!" "Yes!" Two different words answered at the same time. Park Bom answered me with a no, meanwhile Seunghyun answered me with a yes. I stared at them as I knew it must something between them. The way Park Bom turned to pale mummy while Seunghyun couldn't take his eyes off from Bom. They both back to look each other but shorter than before.

 

"What's wrong with your leg?" His eyes dropped down to the leg, he looked worried at Bommie. 'Something' must happened before and I noticed it was not something usual. I can feel it already. Ah right hospital bill!

 

"Seunghyun-ssi... Can I borrow some money? I-" he didn't hesitate even before I finish what I want to say to him. He paid all the hospital bill. While me and Bom were staring each other.

"I guess... He was one of your client." I told her with very low voice, but Bom didn't showing her giggly sound as replied, she just stood up while still puzzled looking at me. It's first time, I couldn't read what's in her mind, and that's feel a little bit uncomfortable. I used to understand everything about her even before she speak up.

"I will send you both to home..." Seunghyun's deep voice was breaking the silence between me and Bom, then suddenly the grip loosen from me. He pulled the key out from his coat's pocket, Bom shook her head eagerly before I even had chance to answer his offer.

"You don't- we could get a taxi." She said with firm voice while looking at me shortly. "I will make sure, pay you back later." She's cold and that's kinda rude, I used to see this woman being all playful and had fun wherever she was, I think it was too sudden for her change.

Seunghyun's expression stiffens as I knew he felt a bit upset when she turned down the offer. Then his phone rung, he fastly grabbed his phone, "Hello Kiyong...... I'm meeting her just now..... I see, come to pick them up in my hospital....." He ended the called as then turned to me, I know it must be me, and Jiyong, all his power to find me couldn't be beaten than anyone else in this planet. "You wouldn't reject it when Kiyong wants to pick you up right?" He asked to me while smiling towards me, is it count as smiling when he just showing the lopsided smile. He was smirking at me and Bom.

"What happened?" He asked me instead of Bom. "Something is odd for me." Seunghyun questioning me while put his hand on my shoulder, i gulped down while looking up at him. I doubted myself whether to tell him or not. "Sandara-ssi." He called my name again as he was staring at me with his sharp gaze.

"Nothing happened I just fell down..." Bom cut off as her hand grabbed my arm to walked along with her.

"Sure, someone who fell down look like he got hit by something, mmh Sandara-ssi..." Seunghyun said to Bom but he was right in front of me, facing me. "Sandara-ssi do you have time to talked to me?" I stopped as I also want to have talk to him. "See me in my work room."

 

******

 

“Something must happened right?” Seunghyun placed his coat on the hanger near the entrance of his work room, I bit my lip while looking at the chair where I supposed to sit down. “Sit down please.” He pulled the chair for me as he not sit on his seat but another one near to mine. I sat down after he asked me to. “What happened to her? I want an honest answer, Dara-ssi.” He sighed as he looked at me that’s make me also nervous.  “I noticed something must happened, Jiyong didn’t know where you were… You won’t hesitate to tell it to Jiyong if it’s really because Bom was falling randomly at the street… and the last thing is Bom… she’s not someone who clumsy that could hurting herself like that, she loves her legs so much.” He sure knew about Bom more than a friend do. Is he really someone that knew Bom like I do?

All the analyzing thing that Seunghyun did was really make me speechless. How could someone processing all of the things only by the few words of my conversation with him. I didn’t answer him. I just gripped at my phone tightly.

“You can trust me…” He said assuring while fixing his position, and nodded at me.

“I got some threats in past few months since I and Jiyong together, I didn’t tell this to anyone. Not even Jiyong…” I told him while looking down at my phone, I opened the message that person sent to me. “He wants me to leave Jiyong.” I stuttered while showing the text to Seunghyun. “I am about to tell Jiyong…”

He shook his head, “No… Don’t do that. We will take care of the things but don’t tell Jiyong.” The air suddenly stuck in my throat as I heard that from him, is that him the one who threating me? I looked confused at him as he shook his head again, “No Dara, that’s not me.” I feel like this guy was gifted to read my mind as I look at his eyes.

“But- why? Why I cannot tell him?”

“Dara… he’s different.”

I chuckled dryly before asked him, “What do you mean by that? He’s just Kwon Jiyong, Seunghyun-ssi. Do you want me to believe that? You’re just stranger how could I trust you… I must be so stupid.” I pulled my phone from his hand.

He looked down before continued what he want to tell me, his expression changed to be more serious look at me, “What do you mean by saying that? Why does he different, Seunghyun-ssi?” I stuttered a little bit as he closed his eyes.

“He’s different…" He paused as I felt as well how it difficult for him to telling me this thing about Jiyong. "Sometimes he’s lack of empathy. It’s difficult for him to understand how people might feels when-“ I didn’t let him finished what he was going to say as I tired of all the sh*t, what kind of friend he is?! I pushed the chair back as I stood up from the chair. “Do you still not trusting me?” He asked calmly to me. "High functioning...sociopath."

It’s too suffocated all of sudden, when I heard sociopath out from his mouth, I blinked my eyes as I could feel my eyes about to tears up. Kwon Jiyong was fine, what the heck is wrong with this guy?! “You’re liar…” He looked up at me. “Jiyong is fine. How dare you to tell me all of this Seunghyun-ssi”

“He was destroying so many people to reached his place right now…He didn’t stop thinking how to manipulating people, he couldn’t stop although he asked me to help him to stop all the scenario in his head. He even couldn’t get sleep just because his head keep working to found the way out to deceiving people…” I closed my eyes as what he was explaining sure had the connection with what I found earlier in his suitcase, the sleeping pill.

I back to sit down I couldn’t help but trembling so hard as I cannot believe what I heard just now, it sounds so not clear. Manipulating people. At first he used me to deceiving his ex-girlfriend when he could just asked for break up instead.  “D-does he deceiving me?” Does he really loving me? “He was even stayed with me when I found out my mother passed away..Does he deceiving me, Seunghyun-ssi?”

He shook his head, “I never seen he’s deceiving you… He loves you so much that’s it. And he’s getting better, Sandara-ssi… Since you came, he’s getting better to himself, he’s not manipulating people, I could see how he’s reading people feeling better, right now… So I beg to you, just keep everything only with you and me. Don’t provoking him, he’s already this far with you...” He gulped down before continue again. “It’s not easy, but you can always tell me and others but not Jiyong.”

“B-but why, Seunghyun-ssi? Can you give him something? Like treatment? We must do something to him… you can let him be like this right?!” I almost shouted my voice a bit shaking while asking those question to him. “There must be a way.”

“It’s kind of defense he does. He’d fine as long as none provoking him in a while… and you’re his panacea, Sandara.” I wiped a single tears that drop on my cheek. My phone was ringing again, as it already nth times tonight, I hadn’t tell Jiyong where I was with Bom, he kept texting me and calling me.

I took my phone and swipes the screen to answer the call, “Jiyong.” I answered it with low voice.

“Where the fck are you right now Sandara Park?!” He shouted at me from another line as I smiled while wiped my tears again, I tried my best to hiding my crying voice. “I’ve been calling you since few hours ago. It’s late… and you’re not even home.” He sighed as his voice might sound calm but I could imagine his expression while telling me all of this.

“I can’t find something at the supermarket nearby so I went to the other place, I forget that my phone in silent mode, baby… then Bom was falling and hurting her leg, I have to bring her to hospital.” I looked at Seunghyun’s who look calm in front of me as he heard what I answered to him. “Why are you so upset to me?” I chuckled a little bit as I wish it could ease his worried. “I will be home in 20 minutes.”

“Does she okay? I will come to pick you up.” He said as it makes me smile I don’t care if he fake to care about Bom, at least he’s trying to care. “I will be there in few minutes.”

“Aniya- Kiyong already on his way to get here, aigo Kwon Jiyong how could you be this worried, I just went out and you already calling all your friends to look for me.”

He ended the called after I assuring him that I’m really fine as I also presses the red button on the screen. As soon as I ended the called I cried my eyes out, I didn’t know why it so upsetting me. The life is so unfair sometimes.

 

*****

Kiyong didn’t say much as he sent them back to home, at first Kiyong drove Bom to her place before Dara’s. Bom didin’t talk much either as soon as they got out from the Hospital. Dara was neither asked her who’s Seunghyun, where she knew him. Dara didn’t want to talk about it and it’s all written over her face. Bom still didn’t know the one who did this was someone who related with Jiyong.

Dara saw Jiyong was standing outside, resting his back on the gate as it surprised how he stared at me, he didn’t give me all strange stare, he only watched me walked towards him as he crossing his arms over the chest. He was so handsome, she loves how his body leaning on the gate waiting for her to come like that. Dara smiled and approached him just to wrapped her arms around his body while Jiyong also replying the hug that Dara offered to him.

“What is it?” He asked with his trademark voice and kissed Dara’s top head. “I still mad, you were out for few hours, I almost kill myself because of too worried.” He said while tightening the arms around her body. Dara just smiling while secretly the tears drop from her eyes.

“What should I do to make you forgive me?” Dara asked while hiding her tears still hugging Jiyong in his arms.

He hummed before answer her, “Hmm Let me see if there’s anything you could do to make up with me…” Dara smiled in his arms, while secretly wiped the tears away from her eyes before looked up at him. “Don’t s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter