Chapter 14

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Dara’s POV]

We didn't talk much as soon as I got off from the bus, I don't know why but I don't feel surprise when this Jaejoong named guy got off at the same bus stop as mine. He was lit the cigarette on as soon as we got off he walked right next to me. Not really surprised too about his habit he loves to smoke that much. “How long you’ve been together with our CEO?”

He asked all of sudden, I chuckled, he’s his CEO, and that CEO he was talking is my boyfriend, Mr. Grumpy. “ Hmm, Few months.” I still remind chuckled, as weirdly I found it funny.

“He’s kind of… unique, right?” I turned to him with frown on my forehead, trying to processing what kind of unique he’s talking about.

"So where's your home?" I was asking him as I don’t feel comfort to talk about my boyfriend, his CEO, while shoved my hands into the pockets. "It won't be around my neighbor right? I lived here for like-- since I was born and I never you seen around before it won't be around here right?" I asked him as he suddenly stopped when I ask him that, I actually turned around as well and stop my step to look at him. He was smiling to me as I gave a weird look as respond. He sure just smiling before even telling me what he meant by that smile.

"It's here." I stopped giving him weird look but I look up at the small house, I saw the signed that the house was sold before but I don't know if this guy the one who bought it. I was speechless my jaw was dropping while saw him walked to his gate. So, this guy was really a neighbor. "I will see you around often."

"No way...." I mumbled while chuckled a little when I saw him locked the gate without even greet me to say goodbye first. Rude. So I got new neighbor, Bom must knew about this, and seems it’s only me who doesn’t notice about this.

I continued to walking to my alley as it’s right after his, but my house a bit much bigger than him, I thought it because he seems like a single man and my house before filled with a family. We had some rooms, just like a normal family.

I saw two cars parked in front of my gate, but not really close with mine.

“Hello…” The voice was sounds more like someone who often talking in English than Korean. I was startled as the voice greets me right before I was entering my gate. I stopped from opening my gate as I turned around to the tall woman who standing while holding her branded hand bag.

“W-who?” I actually not really in the mood to have a guest at middle of night, after I worked myself out all day long, and also I have still have so many books to read as the test day get closer.

“I’m Stephanie…” Stephanie? Jiyong’s ex girlfriend. My mind directly was flying to Jiyong’s face as I face his ex right now.  I could notice how her face skin was so soft although I didn’t touch it. That’s look like she had treatment for every hours a day. She slipped her hands to the fur coat that she’s wearing, it’s so lucky it’s midnight already so neighbor kids wouldn’t be around to play with her coat. “You must be Dara. Sandara Park.” I didn’t answer her  I just slipped my hand on my nape as I really tired. She must went to treatment or get some massage while me… I’ve been working all day long in the minimarket and only get rest for 1 hour.

“Can I help you?” I asked coldly, actually I don’t have energy anymore to debate with her so I just want her straight to her point.

“Leave him. Leave Jiyong…” Her voice calm asked me that as I chuckled dryly while turning my back to face her. Leave Jiyong for this witch? “You are from different world as him...”

I chuckled again as I closed my eyes trying calm myself, trying not to pull her hair as I turned again towards her. “So do you think you’re from the same world as him?” I smirked at her. “Do you even know- I mean do you even care what kind of world Jiyong was living?”

She sure pissed off when I asked her that question. Who asked her to pour all the gasoline to the fire like me? “I do know what kind of world Jiyong was living, and I don’t have to trying so hard to living the same world as him… we are from the same world.” Her smirk was  showing as her eyes locked down to the G.E.D book that I was holding. She was a witch. “Does Jiyong ask you to entering the college?” I’m pretty sure she’s just random guessing but it successes made me want to scratch her face. “Ahh, he must be ashamed of you.” She said to me as I dryly laughed. As I was about to answer again what she was saying to me then my phone was ringing. Of course, Jiyong always made sure where I was.. what I was doing, do I arrive safely…

I smirked to her before answered the phone.

“Hello…” I answered to him with weak voice as I set the phone on the loud speaker. Stephanie seemed surprised with what I am doing in front of her. “Jiyong…”

“Do you arrive safely, Dara?” Jiyong answered as his voice also tired as Stephanie frozen in front of me, cat fight was not an option but I will do if she still wants to argue about Jiyong and everything after the call.

“I just arrived at home but…” I stopped as I teased Stephanie who look nervous when I about to tell Jiyong that his ex was waiting for me in front of my house but it won’t really fun to report this to him like this.

“But?” Jiyong curiously asking that part to me I just smiling to myself, I missed him so much, why this guy always has so many problems around him, even himself is problem too sometimes. “Hm aren’t you missed me?” He asked as his voice became weak as I know he must worn out as much as I do. I didn’t reply to him as I just smiled a little when the question coming again. “Are you really not going to coming over to my place? Ah it can’t be like this… I will be there in 15 minutes.”

Tch… I heard that from the tall woman in front of me, it make me remember that she still in front of me, boiling herself while listening what Jiyong told me. “Are you with someone?” Jiyong asked me again.

I looked up at her as she’s far taller than me, “I’m alone, Jiyong…” I answered him as I looked down, I also missed this guy so much but I can’t focus on my study whenever he’s around. He’s the biggest distraction.

Jiyong’s ex already clenched her fist while staring at me as I know it’s not only her fist that her clenching but also her jaw while looking at me with fire gazing.

“Ji… I will call you again later.” I ended the call with Jiyong as him also just answered me with ‘hm.’ It just Jiyong’s typical.

Stephanie about to take a step forward me as I ended the call I have no idea what he want to do towards me but she stopped when a voice suddenly come in between. “Stephanie-ssi, it’s been a while.” The voice startled us, we both turned to the guy who taller than both of us.

Jang Kiyong.

It feels I can breathe again as soon as he walked towards us. 100% I sure Stephanie was about to do something bad to me. “I need to make sure, Sandara-ssi arrived safely.” He said to us without I neither her ask first.

“Do you need something to do here?” Kiyong asked to her as his expression changed to the cold one. I didn’t know he had that kind of expression, “I guess the answer is a no. Sandara Park-ssi had nothing to do with you too, and Jiyong-ssi wouldn’t like it if he know when he found out you secretly met her as well.” Kiyong ended it with a lopsided smile it more like threat smile than friendly one. “You know what Mr. Kwon would do if he find out, right? You wouldn’t be happy to see what he might do…”

Then the Tall Stephanie walked away from me also Kiyon. She looked irritating while entering the car to leaves me as I still holding the phone after Jiyong ended the call I even hadn’t make a move and Stepahnie was in the position to attack me. Kiyong turned to me as soon as that woman left. “Are you okay, Sandara-ssi?” I still froze there didn’t answer him.

I don’t know anything about this guy. STILL. What kind of person this guy named Jiyong?

“Are you okay, Sandara Park-ssi?” He repeated again.

“He’s not gonna do something bad to Stephanie, does he?” I asked to him while nervously smack my lips together. Kiyong didn’t answer he just smiling to me, while I looked up at him worriedly. “He won’t do anything towards anyone…”

“…As long as you didn’t report this to him?” I asked him as he slowly nodded his head. I shook my head to put out all the bad thoughts inside my head about Jiyong. He’s not someone who would do something bad right? “What are you doing here?”

Kiyong seems relieved when I skipped the question and he hadn’t to answer them. “Jiyong hyung wanted me to make sure you’re arrived at home safely, he’s been working so hard these past few days, I don’t think it’s good idea to make him drive himself here. You know, sleepless days not a good idea for driving.” I pouted my lips slightly, this guy and his works.

“Would he bothered if I visit him tomorrow?”

“No… not at all.” Kiyong smiled even cheerful as I replied to him. He might be more tired than me but it’s not showing at all.

“Then I will go visit him tomorrow.” I beamed at him as I bowed my head to him, “Now you better go home, get some rest too.” I turned to entered my house as Kiyong suddenly said something that make me smile.

“He was never ashamed of you, Sandara-ssi. He loves you so much,  and he’s so proud of you.” Kiyong said to me as he bow his back forwards and made sure I was entering the gate before he left.

*****

I felt my body was in pain, after such a long night I’ve been through last night, firstly the stranger named Jaejoong, the never ending study and the last was Stephanie witch who almost attack me, I feel so drained. I might give up study this morning, and just went to continue my sleep.

I hugged the bolster next to me, as it feels warmer than usual, I pulled it tightly against my body while the bolster hugged me back, I feel comfortable. It’s the best bolster ever.

Wait.

Does bolster have two arms?

I opened my eyes as I almost screamed as it’s a guy!

“Whoaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He pulled his face away from me slightly as he peeking with one eye before closed it again to sleep soundly next to me. “YAH!” I screamed while hitting his arm trying to set myself free from him. “How did you even got into my house?! You’re creepiest person on the earth!”

“I told you I will come in 15 minutes but you locked me out. I had to climb up the wall.” He mumbled as he was still half sleeping and I have no idea if he totally conscious with what he was saying. I chuckled as I actually really happy to have this bolster at the morning when I really feel h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter