Chapter 17

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s only the first day…” Bom voice was calm this time, while I lied down on the couch in my living room. The sickness all day long really made me nearly to die. Being pregnant itself make me really weak and plus again I have to meet Jiyong this morning till the working time is over. I tried my best to avoiding him I met some work partner outside the office. It went smoothly but whenever I have to report to him, I have to listen than humming and y voice again, that’s really exhausting me. My heart to be exact.

“That eyes… that voice… that hand…” I held my hand up like I was holding someone. I remember how his hand firm holding mine. “It’s so hard to resist….!!” I squealed then covered my face with both of my hands I could feel the thump was so fast inside my chest. “I missed him so much!!!” I hugged myself as Bom were watching me with lazy look as she already fed up with what I said. I kept telling her how he’s really handsome today. “Oh Bom, can I really stay longer than this? I cannot control myself right now, I’m under his spell! What if I him tomorrow?!” I suddenly get up and she just rolled her eyes.

“Before when I found out you’re pregnant, I kinda doubt it, but now I’m 100% sure you’re pregnant, Sandara… No, you’re not under his spell, but your baby’s spell…” Bom was sighing while I just smiling while caressed my stomach. To be honest, I actually can’t believe it that I am pregnant with his baby. That’s Mr. Grumpy. “Why did you go home drunk anyway? It might be dangerous for the baby…”

I sighed as I remember the night when I found out I was pregnant I can’t keep calm. I was panic, then went to a doctor. She’s easily confirmed that I am pregnant and that’s really shocked me. “I just ended up there… that’s the last time though. I didn’t drink much.”

“Sure, you weren’t… You’re asking the food seller to marry you.” Bom was sighing. “Do you tell him about it already?”

I shook my head while pouting to Bom, “I’m not ready… what if he just tell me to get rid of the baby?” I can’t lying it would to be nice to have someone. I wouldn’t ever get rid of the baby, but I’m not sure if Jiyong would react the same as I did.

“Then make him not saying that… it’s his baby too after all. You should have get him back under your spell…” Bom was shrugging. “It’s not only your fault that you’re not taking the birth control, but it also his fault that he’s not wearing .”

I blushed as I remember those moments. So many beautiful moments that I spent with Jiyong. Does he still remember them all? I smiled faintly to the image of him with those smile that’s only for me. Those nights we spent together.

I took a long sigh as I got up from the couch. “Let see what should I wear for tomorrow…”

Bom’s eyes focusing on the tv screen while changing the channe, but when I got up her eyes following my movement.

“Let’s see what do you have…” She said while got up as well from the couch and dragged me to my room. Her fast hands starting to collecting the clothes that hanging on the closet and throwing all of them to the bed. “What dress that you wore while having first night together?” Bom asked as I widening my eyes staring at her. It’s too tight and I can’t!!!

 

******

 

I picked up the letter, other ones. Although the letters was keep coming but I don’t really pay attention and make it like a big problem anymore. The threat still the same and the hand writting as well but I kept them all to myself, since Bom only make the things look bigger than it’s so I chose to keep it from her too. I placed the letters inside the bag.

After all the fight with the dizziness and weak body in the morning finally Dara made it to get herself dressed and put the make up on. It’s only her second day working with Jiyong but all the nervousness was exhausting her already. Her face was pale but it’s perfectly covered with the make-up, she thought. She’s closing her eyes as she took a deep breath before walking out from the gate of her house.

“Omo!” She’s taking a step backward as she just noticing there’s two guys with bulge muscle could be seen through the shape of his suit. They’re bowing to Dara politely as she’s still speechless while looking at the guys. “Who are you?...two?!” Her voice was loud while pointing to the guys her back hitting the gate.

“Mr. Kwon sent us to come pick you up, Miss Park.” Dara was pointing to herself as she made sure it’s the Park that they meant. “Please, come in to the car, we’ll drive you to the meeting place.” The other one explained as he already opened the car door for her.

She held the finger up while trying to digging her phone out from the bag, then the guys just stood there while placing his hands in polite ways like they’re troops. She pressed Jiyong’s number as he took few seconds to answer the call.

“What’s with these guys?” Without the opening neither greeting I asked him as he sound calm as always.

“They’re coming to pick you up and driving you to your meeting place.” Dara was rolling her eyes as Jiyong not saying anything further.

“I can still ride bus…”

He didn’t respond fast but the question was “… with that minidress?” really made Dara open her eyes widen as she opened her eyes while looking around. “Get change to other dress or I will replace you with someone else. ” Dara finally found the black Lamborghini near her house as she clearly remember it’s Jiyong’s car.

“Get rid of the control-freak trait, I’m not yours anymore, Mr. Kwon.” She gulped down after she said that while her eyes looking at the car. He could heard that Jiyong was took a deep breath after what she was saying. It’s not only she’s the one who breaking while saying that, but it also get Jiyong mad.

“You’re working for me, Miss Park.” He said while opened the car door as he only wearing his plain shirt with the jacket and ripped jeans. His just stood there while looking at Dara with his flat expression, as he know it won’t be easy to get her deal with it.

“Then look for someone to replace me…because I’m not going to change.” Dara said while glaring to him from afar. Jiyong was shutting his eyes closed as he had to control his anger when Dara said that. ‘look for someone to replace her,’ wouldn’t be that easy. He looked at Dara back from afar as he sighed before speak again to her.

“Get in the car. The guys’ names were Jin and Ilhun. They will drive you to the meeting. We’re done with this conversation.” Jiyong eyes were at Dara but he’s already ended the call. He soon entered the car and driving away, leaving Dara with those two guys who still stood politely in front of her.

“Please miss…” He bowed his back deep after she opened the car door again. Jiyong won again. “We’ll get in trouble if you don’t come with us… He’d fired us right away.”

There’s nothing could resisting from him. He’s a pro when it comes to dealing with people.

 

*****

 

Dara was preparing for this meeting before. She was learnt them all from the books that she had read but she had zero experience before. She never met someone so important like this except Kwon Jiyong the CEO of one of the big companies in South Korea, and now she had to facing the other ones. She thought Kiyong’s job was only roaming around Jiyong do things for him, but she didn’t expect this kind of things he had to handle. Luckily it went smoothly just like yesterday meeting. All the eyes were to her when she had to do presentation as Jiyong’s representation. She’s full of confidence after she read about the company files before.

The phone vibration made Sandara’s cold hand fastly grabbed the phone and not sure about to picking it up or not, since she’s in the middle of meeting this time. The caller id was showing his name. Kwon Jiyong. She couldn’t help but smiling by herself, and placing the earphone on her ear just to answer it, as it ease her nervous feeling. Jiyong was not saying anything before Dara was coughing a little.

“Don’t say anything.” He said while Dara just smiled a little trying to control herself. “I need to listen to the summary of the meeting.” Jiyong was there, dara could hear he’s breathing through the earphone on her ear. The assistant of other company was telling us about the summary of the meeting. Dara still not say anything she just enjoying listening to what that Mr. Park’s assisten saying while also listening to Jiyong’s breath. It’s calming.

The Ceo of Jay Park’s ent. smiled to Dara as she nodded her head slightly to showing the polite gesture. Then not long after that the meeting was over, Dara was bowing her back to the owner of the company that would do business partnership with Jiyong’s company. He’s quite young as young as Jiyong, but his body was lot shorter then Jiyong. He had tattoos on his hand.

******

[Dara’s POV]

“It’s done…” I said a bit wishpering since people didn’t notice that I wore earphone on my ear it covered with my hair. Jiyong didn’t say anything after that, but neither hung up the phone.

“then come back here, I need you to finish some messy work here.” Jiyong said with low voice just like usual voice as I nodded a little didn’t answer him. I tried to focus picking up the papers that scattered on the table where I sat before rather than focus on Jiyong’s breath through the phone.

I collected the papers. “Okay…” I said to him then suddenly when I about to take another files a hand with tattoo that written ‘King’ on the fingers helped me to reach it. My eyes fastly looked up at the figure who stood there with a sweet smile on his face. What is it? I asked myself. “Thank you, Mister Park.” Jiyong was still connected to me as I gulped a little, he wouldn’t like this.

“Don’t hang up.” He ordered with the voice more like warn, ‘you’re dead meat if you hang up my call.’

“Thank you, you’re really great in your presentation. I never had seen you before.” This ceo placed his hands crossing over his chest as slowly one of it, dragged up to his lips while looking at me. That stare. Guy with lust. I saw this before, some guys were staring at me like this when I drove them back because alcohol took over them. I learnt so many things about guys when I worked as part time driver.

“I’m Mister Kwon new assistant. It’s my first time coming and had meeting with you, mister Park.” I tried to be friendlier as I actually not in the mood to be like these friendly, I was sick. Can I throw up over his suit?

“Dara, can you just leave the meeting room?” Jiyong told me as he seems now more interest to our conversation than before, I could notice the anger under his breath while he’s saying that. “I have bad-“ Jiyong didn’t continue what he want to say as he listening across the line.

“He’s so lucky to have such gorgeous assistant like you.” The room suddenly felt so empty as I just realized it’s just two of us inside the meeting room. I smiled to him while shrugging the cardigan that I chose to brought since I agreed to Jiyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter