Chapter 20

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Dara’s POV]

I watched the TV all the time, I kept change the channel while held my hands tight, once I rock my body while murmured that I hope Jiyong wouldn’t be in the news. He did, he’s in the news, his picture was in Korea’s news tv, only reported that he went missing for few hours. The news broadcast was showing his handsome face looked cold and smart while he talked diligently to the reporter, it took few months ago, I guess. Before Jiyong met me. I stared at the TV screen, although I looked like I was in blank state but my mind was really complicated now. Where’s Jiyong? Did he survive? Is he still…alive?

The phone rang while I never let it leave my hand. “Ji?!” I called him as the other line was Chaerin’s voice.

“It’s me, Dara.” She said softly. “I just want to report you, there’s so many reporter at the ground floor. And some colleagues called me. I had tell them that we’d wait another five hours.” Sometime this world is so cruel while my boyfriend was I don’t even know where he was, people just only thinks about how their company going. They always think about their own profits not even think about others misery. I ran my hand to my face, it’s already more than five hours.

Chaerin knew what the real relationship between me and Jiyong, but she didn’t bring it. She knew that she had to be professional and also it’s personal matter.

“Can you send me the number? I will try to talk to them. The colleagues.” I said tiredly, I’ve been crying all night and when the morning came I knew this thing would happen.

“Dara, let me talk to them..” Taeyang and others were in the same room as mine as we all wait for the news from Kiyong. “You gotta get some rest…” He said with low voice as others nodded, agreed with him.

 

I didn’t know what Seunghyun did to me but finally I can sleep again, he managed to calm me down by saying things. Although I feel anxiety and worried about how Jiyong’s condition but now I feel a little bit more relax and I could sleep for few hours. Kiyong drove me to Jiyong’s penthouse before they asked me to wait for the news further in his penthouse. All his friends already there for me and Jiyong. Hyorin was calming me down by saying good things, she told me that Jiyong would be fine somewhere at that other country.

“She just slept, Ki.” Seunghyun tried to whisper through the phone.

Kiyong was leaving to London to check his condition, I begged him to bring me with him but I just remember my passport need to be renewed since it’s been few years I didn’t use it. It sounded vaguely came to my ears as I tried my best to sleep. It had been few hours, I slept with my tears kept flowing down to my ears. I scared, I was too stupid let the words came out from my mouth to ending the conversation with Jiyong. I can’t forgive myself if something happen to him.

“I registered it from here. Don’t worry about Dara, I will take care of her, Bom and Hyorin are here too. She’s still in shock.” Seunghyun finally walked out from the room.

He let the ladies stayed in the room with me. They must feel symphaty towards me now. I secretely cried with my eyes closed again, Bom noticed that as she my back, soothing the bad feeling again. I was too scared to ask to them if they know about the newest information about Jiyong. I didn’t want to hear something which I don’t expecting to hear.

“Do you want to eat something?” Hyorin approached me and sat at the edge of the bed. “At least eat something for your baby…” I closed my eyes as I also took a deep breath before I nodded. I felt a little nausea, but what she said was right. It’s not only me now, I had this little baby in me. “What do you want to eat? I will make you something warm. Does soup fine for you?”

“It’s fine…” I answered with my husky voice as I sat up from the bed, the scent of Jiyong’s parfume linger on my skin as I wiped the tears that dropped again onto my cheeks. Jiyong, please be safe… please stay alive for me.

Hyorin walked out from the room as soon as I agreed with her offer. Bom still rested her back on the bed headboard while still stared at me. I didn’t say anything to her, I just hugged my knees while trying to calm myself, stop myself from crying again.

“Aren’t you going to work today?” I asked Bom as she shook his head hesitantly. “You should go work, Bommie. I’ll be fine. I promise.” I caressed her cheek and showing her a thin smile.

“Are you?”

“I’ll be fine, I won’t do something silly. Only you who always do.” I joked a little bit to make her not worry too much about me.

“Don’t break your promise… I love you Dara. Tell me if you get information about Jiyong. I’m sure, he’s safe now… maybe he just need some rest.”

Single tears streamed down again but I quickly shed it from my cheek, I nodded to Bom. “He’s safe, somewhere, Bom.”  

Bom was giving me quick hug and patted my back gently before pulled away. She’s kissing my cheek. “You’ll be fine… I love you so much. Don’t get sick, eat your lunch okay?” she pulled away and fastly picking her stuff.

“Okay, Bom.” I answered weakly and nodded, my eyes followed her movement until she waved her hand before disappeared behind the door. “I’ll be fine… I’ll be fine. Okay, littleone?” I caressed my stomach and took a deep breath.

The same time I looked out the window it’s raining outside, suddenly heavy raining really turned my feeling down again. All the memory about Jiyong came to mind again, the first time we were enjoying the rain came to my visions. We were under the rain but we’re laughing and danced to nothing but rain’s sound.

I got out from the bed and walked closer to the window just to watching the rain. I smiled a little when his face came to my mind. “I missed you, Jiyong…” then suddenly my phone rang once, make me automatically jumped to the bed where I left my phone. It was showing another country phone code. I quickly pressed answer.

“H-hello?” I stuttered, my hands shook like crazy while trying to hold it close to my ear.

“Baby…” His voice was weary, but I still could tell he’s calling baby with a small grin on his face.

… Jiyong. You’re there, alive. Talking to me… my fragile man.

“Oh gosh Jiyong?! Where are you baby? Are you okay? Please tell me where are you now… please.” I choked in my tears overwhelmed with the feeling. I was happy to heard this voice again, I pulled my phone a little bit off to see if this really a phone call or I start hallucinating about Jiyong.

“I’m at the hospital right now, Dara.” He talked so slow like he’s in pain or something.

“Are you okay?! What happened? Oh gosh, Jiyong… I thought…” I cried while talking to Jiyong.

“I’m here, baby… It’s just some fracture.” I felt like I was about to pass out when I heard fractures.

“Fracture?! Jiyong, baby are you okay?? What should I do?..” I sobbed even more as all his friends rushing came to the room when I was being louder. They thought I was going insane but I can tell I almost do. They were sighing in relieve when I signaling them that’s Jiyong who called.

“Oh thanks God.” Taeyang murmured while put his hands together, rocking them a little bit as a thank.

“Baby, don’t panic… I swear I’m fine… it’s just one in my arm and ribs. But I swear everything is all right. The doctor gave me pain killer, I slept for hours.”

“Jiyong…I thought I’d never hear your voice again. I love you so much, baby. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to say that to you and ignoring you like that.” The tears cannot be control again I regreted everything I said to him before.

“I love you, Dara…” His voice was soft as I sounded like crazy girlfriend who sobbed uncontrollably. “I’m sorry about before… I can’t even think clearly. We will talk about this again later, okay? I love you so much.” He said it with low tone, his y voice. My man! “Where are you? Are you staying with Bom?” He was still thinking about my safety first.

I wiped my tears. “Bom was here, but she went to work. But all your friends are here… they’re worried about you too.”

“Good to know you’re not alone with this state…” He slipped a joke as I still cried.

“Loud speaker, baby… I want to talk to them” I set it as loudspeaker as held the phone a little bit away from me and closer to them.

“Hey guys, I’m fine. I swear this car was the one, which had the problem, not me. I was driving fine before the engine suddenly being weird I cannot even control the brake. Fortunately, I was still here to sue this car company.” His voice was weak but he talked a lot and that mean he was not that bad. I chuckled while wipe my tears again as they refused to stop coming out from my eyes.

“You are being again, Kwon Jiyong… You had no idea how worried we were. Come back here soon, Kiyong is on the flight to come get your .”

“I know I do. I’m sorry, man. Oh , he’ll nag at me again after this…”

“Why didn’t you call us, Hyung?” Seungri cut.

“I lost my phone in accident. I don’t know where my phone until now.” Now it made sense. I got it why we lost contact with him. I promised myself I would receive his call start from now.

“Mmh, I will let Kiyong know about this too. I will tell him to look for your phone too. Yo man, just get rest. Wait until the nagging ahjumma come. He’s going to pick you up.” Seunghyun deep voice added. I wiped my nose with the back of my hand as I smiled a little whenever Jiyong talk to responding what his friends telling him.

“Okay thanks, hyung. Let me talk to Dara again.” I quickly turned off the loud speaker mode and back placed the phone to my ear.

“Here, Ji.”

“Don’t panic. I’m fine baby, as you heard. I’ll be back as soon as possible. I hope there’s no complicated procedure at here.” I nodded as I suddenly crying again, my lips trembling held back my cry to be heard. “I am fine, Dara, everything will be all right.”

“Okay, Jiyong…” It’s actually tears of relieved.

“Dara, I’m sorry about before… I thought you’re really leaving me. I can’t live without you, baby…”

“Me too, Jiyong… I’m sorry.”

“Don’t say that word easily like that.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Get some rest too, you need to sleep. and eat. Please eat. Think about our baby too…”

“Okay.”

“I’ll hang up now, stop crying please…”

I wiped my tears with the tissue that Hyorin handed to me after she watched me wiped the tears with the back of my hand.

“Jiyong…”

“Yes, baby?”

“I love you. Stay safe.”   

“I know baby…” His voice was whispering,and gentle while entering my ear. It’s soothing, as always. “…So much, this sugar loves you so much. You too…”

*****

Since I already found out how Jiyong was doing. I slept for few hours and then I woke up with new energy eventough it was not as full as when Jiyong was around, but it still better than before. I woke up as the house already empty. Hyorin left text message to me that they had to go home and did not want to wake me up. I walked out from the room and I saw the living room already empty as well. People were leaving, but they already prepared some food for me in the dinner table. Hyorin is really a sweet person, she so cared of me and the other people too. They were really welcome me into this family.

I ate the dinner and washed all the dishes before I decided to got into elevator to reached another floor in this building. I went to the floor where I used to work, the same floor with Kwon Jiyong, the CEO of this corporation. Jiyong always told me that he would do anything to make this company success, no matter how much he had ever been shouting, yelling even acting so rude towards the employees that working for him. He’s always being a consideration person towards them. Kiyong told me that Jiyong said he would be fine if he went broke but he wouldn’t feel all right with all the employees who already work for him. That’s why I chose to got there, I will work again. I missed many things while waiting for Jiyong to call me.

I sighed as my smile was showing again, I turned my computer on the desk on. I felt my eyes were swelling so much while I read all the emails I got. All of them asking where was Jiyong and how’s the business going while Jiyong was disappear. These people… One of the email even attact the file of their share that decreased few percent, he even threat Jiyong’s company by saying that this guy will take legal action against our company. Oh these people really pissed me off. How can they do this to our grumpy and fragile Kwon Jiyong… he even almost broke his arm.

I sent the email back to him as a reply. The smirk refused to leave my lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter