Chapter 16

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last time he touched this soft skin was few days before, but it’s already been too tough for himself to seeing her like this, to touching what isn’t his anymore. His eyes was scanning her face, while she’s snoring in her sleep with some alchohol smell was so strong. The fingertip her forehead while pushed the bang that covering her eyes, his face leaning closer as he observing her face from the forehead to the neck. Then he lift her left arm to checking another part of her body, he looked at the pinky finger where was being plastered with bandaid. That’s made him sighing he pulled out the new bandaid and change the dirty one with the new one.

“I told you to stop getting hurt…”

He said that to the sober Dara as she always noticed whenever she was getting drunk like that, Jiyong was always be there in the end. The reason she’s always getting drunk lately because Jiyong would be there for her. She’s turning her body to another side, her back was facing Jiyong. She’s silently crying while shutting her eyes tightly trying to hold her tears back. “I know I hate it too being like this… being away from the one you love the most.” He didn’t have idea that’s Dara already sober up.

Jiyong slowly pulled the blanket as she could feel his body now being so close to her. He’s slipped his arm around her waist while planted kissed on her shoulder. The thing he just did this time as before Jiyong only send her to bed then leave. Dara was still crying secretly while Jiyong wrapping his arms around her waist. His heart crushed as he staying like that for a while. He sniffed the soft scent over her bare shoulder as it’s not warm instead her skin was so cold, and pale. His kisses on her shoulder were also felt despair for her.

“There was a little boy few years ago. He only lived with his one and the only person he felt so important and he loves so much. His mother…” The ache obviously could be heard while he told her that. “He felt safe whenever he was around her. She’s the only person he could rely on. Then suddenly this guy came ruined everything, the kid didn’t know what should have he do…” He paused as he kissed the back of her head, smelling the scent of her shampoo scent, it clearly the same one which he had in his memory. “His mother was sick… he begged his father to staying for her for them… but his father chose to leave, leaving them alone…” She now could feel the warm hitting her head, it’s warm and wet, as Jiyong couldn’t held back his tears.

He cried.

“I was so scared, it’s the most horrible feeling… losing the one you love… in front of your eyes without do anything.” His voice was wavering trying to hold himself to saying that out loud as what he knew Dara was sleeping. “And then I met you after years walked through the scars. I recalled how it feel safe, how the true love is…” He was loosening the arm around his waist. “But now I’m too scared… I can’t bear with the feeling of losing someone like that anymore… I want you to be safe and I will be secretly seeing you like this….” He said as he fixed the blanket covered her body.

Dara’s back was covered with blanket but she knew there’s no such a thing as warmth as his hug around her body. Her body was starting to curling, as she heard the door was closed, which means Jiyong was already leaving her. Again.

All the aches were start to coming again. Her tears were spilled over, as she grabbed the pillow under her head trying to covering her face as she worried Jiyong was still outside her room. She’s sobbing against the pillow trying to buried the echoes against the soft pillow while she couldn’t bear the pain. Those two arms were wrapping around her but that’s not hers anymore.

 

 

******

 

His hands was fixing the tie up while his gaze looked through the glasses window behind the curtain. It was 8 in the morning he had to met another CEO to talked about things and another deal. He absolutely knew he’s not 100% at there, but he couldn’t sacrifice all his worker just because his broken heart. It was selfish reason. It’s Jiyong post-Dara’s. He’s a little more care about his staff, all his worker than before.

“Hyung.” He repeated after been stood at behind the door since before.

Jiyong was closing his eyes before he opened again after the sigh. “Yeah? Come in.”

Kiyong’s eyes were looking at the bed that still neat as Jiyong didn’t sleep on it.

“Did you skip the sleep again?” His nagged voice came again.

Jiyong walked passed him while once glaring at Kiyong like it was how the way he said, ‘don’t fight me this morning.’ He took his suit at the wardrobe room, he’s picking the best one.

Kiyong’s eyes not avoiding his as he was puffing his cheeks a little bit sulky about how his hyung was living lately.

“Save that energy… just telling that to Seunghyun hyung, asked him to give me higher doze than I will sleep soundly like how you always want.”

Jiyong was walking out from his wardrobe his step was firm and full of confidence while pointing to Kiyong. He tilted his stiff neck as he also could the uncomfortable feeling through his spin. All it’s because he was sleep like only 5 minutes every night and just keep working after he back to his place from Dara’s house. He was taking the medicine Seunghyun left for him but it didn’t work as it’s his heart who need to be heal not only his mind.

Kiyong was following him at the behind while giving the report about the deal he had to do today and also the shared he was working on. Then he stayed still in elevator when all already done reading by him. Jiyong surely memorized all the things he must presenting to his partner work in the future. The mirroring wall made Jiyong looked at Kiyong who stood behind him. He pressed his lips tighten together as Jiyong could obviously see something must be up with him.

“What is it?” He questioned him without turning his gaze.

Kiyong parted his lips, “I gotta prepared for the wedding… We’ve talked about this before.”

“Are you marrying someone? Does someone actually want to be with you?” He suddenly show his furrows brows. “When did you tell me?”

He glared at his hyung through the reflection of the elevator wall. “Few weeks ago, hyung. I even told you like more than 10 times that I will take my vacation early this year.”

Jiyong didn’t answer right away. “I might forget about that… Then I’ll leave that all with you, how long is it?”

“One month.” He said while smiling trying to act cute as Jiyong turned his body and flying his hand to his head, gave him a hard hit on the head.

“Don’t be silly… Then how about the work?”

Kiyong was smirking to his hyung while nudging his arm to his side. “It’s obvious you can’t live without me right?”

“Brat… I can get 10 of you if I want to.” Jiyong face still looked the same as before as he walked out from the room.

“Ya… hyung, do you think it would be easy to look to someone who willing to get spit and all harsh words everyday?” Jiyong stopped and look at him, shook his head.  “Don’t worry I will trying to find someone who really know how it’s all work. Just leave it with me. ”

Jiyong blinked his eyes.

“Stupid brat… You cannot just choose someone like that, you didn’t remember how this ‘work’ really work.” Jiyong was saying with low voice as he still calm. He remembered about the secret about the company all the projects and the things that couldn’t just be handle with someone who randomly choosen.

 “it’s so clear in my head hyung. Just leave it with me… I will try my best to choose someone who had the same skill as I am.”

“If you didn’t have that someone, I won’t allow you to get married.”

“Don’t worry if in the end I couldn’t get that someone. We can always recruit Seungri.” Then the elevator door opened as he turned his head slightly to Kiyong who just jokingly said that.

“I’d rather put this office on fire.” He said while walked out from the elevator then Kiyong just laughed while following him from behind.

 

******

 

She was wobbling towards the bathroom as she a little bit rushing as her stomach was complaining about the discomfort feeling in the morning. She was throwing all the food and the drinks she had last night at the toilet, her tears were streaming down from her eyes without her controlling. Then a hand suddenly tapped behind her back helped her to throwing that all out more easily.

She groaned as she looked up at the friend who wearing the mini skirt at the cold weather like that. “Are you here…?”

Dara was flushing the toilet not really startled with her friend appearance. She wiped the edge of her lips with the back of her hand while approached the sink. Her hands were still trembling while washing her face and she then surprised by her looks while looking at the mirror while caressing her face.

“I didn’t go home.” She said while crossed her arms over the chest. “Are you happy?” She said.

Dara was still looking at the swollen face while still touched her cheeks and lids. “Am I look this bad?”

“You look worse than this last night, just let you know.” Dara turned to Bom opened her eyes widen. Jiyong was there last night and this is how she look like.

“Bom… are you being serious right now?”

“I think we need to talk more serious than right now…” Bom was holding the little stick in her hand showing that to Dara. She didn’t give any respond and looked like she didn’t care about it when clearly she cared about everything especially this. Something that related to Jiyong. A baby.

Daras’s back facing Bom once again as she washed her face and drying them with the towel. “6 weeks.”

She put the towel on the hanger, quit from the bathroom quickly pass Bom who still freeze up at her place. Bom was too speechless when Dara said that with her soft voice but just like that, like it’s nothing. Her hand grasped on her bestfriend wrist who walking towards her bedroom, stopped her to walking to her room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter