Chapter 18

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was carrying Dara back to the room as he locked the door after he put her down on the bed. Dara was drained because of vomiting every kinds of food from her stomach. She was sitting up on the bed while her eyes looking at Jiyong's back. He's just standing still in front of the door, facing the door while his forehead stick on it. It's making her more worried as Jiyong must be mad because of that. He didn’t say anything for few minutes. He just stayed there while leaning his head on the door frame.

"I'm sorry..." The words that could be heard from Dara as he turned around to look at her. he's walking to the bed, sitting at the edge of it facing Dara who curled sitting up.

"It's so wrong, Dara..." It’s the first word that came out from his mouth as he looked at her, he’s sitting near to her. Once he ran his hand over his face while sighed, Dara could read it means bad to him. His eyes looked back at Dara but this time it’s more like anger look the way he look at her. “Until when do you think you will keep this from me?” He chuckled but not in good mood, she still feels the atmosphere he made while chuckling. “Sure…’all we need is talk” He said, recalled what Dara was saying yesterday when made it up with him.

“Jiyong, I’m sorry…” She placed both of her hands on his arm. That made him turned his face, looking at her. “I didn’t know how to tell you… it’s all too sudden for me…”

He looked down as he started to playing with his fingers instead of looking at Dara’s eyes in return. His mind went blank as it also confusing him, he felt no confident at all suddenly. “Let’s go to hospital, Dara.”

******

[Dara’s POV]

He didn’t say anything and that’s all crystal clear explained how he’s feeling right now. As long as he’s driving he’s just there, like there with unreadable face, the mister Grumpy is back. He’s not happy with this at all. I know I’m surprised too but it’s not fair to not talking at all like I wasn’t there like this. Time was crawling slower than usual, when he’s ignoring me like this. I hate peeking at the watch around my wrist while he’s not say anything.

“Park, Sandara.” The nurse called me by my full name, as Jiyong turned his gaze few seconds to me while waiting at the waiting room. He’s keep himself busy with his phone, I guess it’s his work since I took his time for today. “It’s your turn, M-miss…” The nurse stuttered as she looked at Jiyong, probably thought he’s my husband.

“It’s your turn.” He repeated while standing up first, but he’s letting me to walking to the room first. “Your hand is cold.” He said with low voice when he suddenly grabbed my hand and holding it with him as we walking to the room.

I smiled to him, as my respond. I could feel his hand as cold as mine, we both are nervous to entering the room and checking my pregnancy for the first time. Both of us. Well, it’s not my first time, but with Jiyong together in the room to check it, it’s my first time.

The doctor seemed friendly although Jiyong not really respond him well. He’s like left his mind to somewhere while we’re in the room as I explained to the doctor about my period, my ual activities, about being break from since we’re breaking up in a while before. I guess he’s leaving the mind in the office. So many going on and he’s just didn’t say anything until the doctor broke his silence.

“Mister…Park.” The doctor not sure called that named to Jiyong.

“It’s Kwon.” He corrected the name as he looked up at him, totally understand with that. “How’s the baby?” Quickly I pick up my gaze to Jiyong’s face when he asked that to Doctor.

“We need to do ultrasound first then I can make sure how’s the baby doing. Are you okay, Mister Kwon?” I looked at his face, as he’s also pale, even worse than me who had been throwing up everything before.

He smiled to the doctor while nodding slightly, “I’m just too excited and confused…” He said while curving his lips showing the smile. He said he’s excited and confused. He’s excited. Does he really likes being a father of my baby?  

His face was not describing he’s excited at all. His face was flat and he can’t even say anything since our way to hospital. I felt upset as I noticed his face just flat. He’s not really excited and happy about this. Shall I just… get rid of the baby?

The doctor made me lying down on the bed while the nurse started to smear the balm, cold-something-gel before doing the ultrasound. As always Jiyong turned cold and just sitting at his seat without even bother to move closer to the bed. It’s really first time for me and him, I never do ultrasound before, but Jiyong seems not interest.

“It’s the baby.” The doctor suddenly bringing me back to the earth as my mind also blank before.

He’s pointing to the peanut size on the screen. It’s so small, and blurry but I can see the shape that’s ‘it’ the little head, it’s like a little future of human. Inside my stomach. What’s doctor told us made Jiyong standing up and walking near to the screen. He even bending his back so he could see ‘his’ baby inside the screen. “It’s so small…” finally he’s smiling.

 I could notice the genuine smile this time. He’s not that dislike it. He likes it. The little blip is my baby. His baby and mine. I was unable to speak, I just adoring the little peanut on the screen, also this Mister Grumpy expression while scanning.

“It’s too early to check the heartbeat and gender but congratulation, Mister Kwon, and Miss Park… your baby is healthy, so do you are…” I shed my tears, I still can’t believe I can carry a baby in my stomach. It’s true happiness.

“But she’s keep vomiting though? Are you sure she doesn’t need to be hospitalized?” His shoulders shrugged a little when he stared at me back. Being hospitalized is , he knew I hate it.

“That’s normal… but I also feel Miss Park, need some vitamin.” The doctor explained. He’s retelling Jiyong how’s the pregnancy work. Morning sickness, all the cravings and swollen body. He’s being active again asking the question what don’ts and should have dos. He even asked about found me drink alchohol after pregnant. That’s making the doctor stabbed me with his stare this time. It’s 100% illegal for pregnant woman like me.

“Can I get the print out?” Jiyong asked as the nurse helped me to back dressed up. I beamed to him but he’s still ignoring me like before. I thought we are declaring peace while doing ultrasound before?  

“Sure, Mister Kwon.” The doctor answered as he also noticed the real excitement in his voice after he saw the baby. I’m happy at least Jiyong didn’t freak like I thought. He’s welcoming the baby well although he’s ignorning me right now.

 

Again after we got the vitamins and everything that I need, we’re deciding to back to the penthouse. Jiyong was still not talking to me, he’s just driving and acted cold like the only thing he care was the road.

I’m pregnant and this guy totally being a brat by ignoring me! I yelled in my head while clenching over the edge of my shirt. I once stole the glance to him, trying to get his attention but all he did was nothing. I felt like I was invisible. I was not there.  

After we pulled over in the basement where Jiyong was usually parking his car. He didn’t say anything we just sitting in the car for 15 freakin minutes, all I heard was him sighing closed his eyes and open again and finally turned to me. 

“You can’t go to college…” huh? All you did was being quiet and suddenly we’re talking about college. That’s it. You can’t guess what was happening inside Jiyong’s head. “I’m going to marry you.”

It’s the est married proposal that happen in the world. “No. I don’t want to marry-“ I stopped when Jiyong furrows the brow when I told him I don’t want to, “I mean… not because the baby… I don’t want marrying someone because of I’m pregnant. It’s not wedding I ever imagine. I don’t want to marry you because of this, Jiyong and I am still going to college if I get accepted, it’s not kind of obstacle. I can be pregnant, and at the same time studying… and working with you.”

“You’re fired though.” Jiyong said.

As I widened my eyes while looking at him, ready to shouting and throwing the hand bag to his face. “You’re an asxhole, you know that?!” I shouted at him as he still calmly looking back at me, as if he anticipated my reaction of that.

“I know that.” He said again. “I’ll looking for someone to replace you.”

“No! Don’t you dare to do that!” I shouted again as my hand already clutch ready to hit him. “Jiyong! I started to understand what I’m doing right now, I like to helping you at the office, why are you suddenly do this to me?! It’s unfair!”

He didn’t say anything.

“You’re control freak! I will just get rid of this baby.” I blurted out as he looked at me with disbelief look as it shocked him. He ran his hand through hair as before he opened his eyes again after long sighed. I bit my lip as I also shocked with what I was saying to him.

“Get out.” He said while turned off the car and get out from his black car. His favorite one. I followed him out from the car as he still standing in front of the car waiting for me to get out from the car and standing near him.

“Have you ever feel like someone not wanting you? It’s terrible feeling, Dara.” He said as if it’s really describing his feeling. He knows how it was. He’s breaking while saying that, it’s clearly showing. I pressed my lips together as I realized what he want to say to me. So many emotions cross his face.

“You don’t seem like you wanting this baby though…” I said quietly but trembling. I should have stop talking.

“Sandara…” He called my name, it’s sound more like warning as he about to spout the fire from his mouth. “I don’t know how to reacted to this… the only thing I know now that I am going to be a father by this morning while you left me clueless for the entire time as you already knew about it since then…” His rage was not really he expressing with shouting, but he’s upset. “Do you think I supposed to be laughing when I found out you’re pregnant? I’m fckin nervous with all of this… So many things in my mind right now. I am scared. How I suppose to be a great father if there’s no even a single day I have father figure while I was living in this world? But I promised to myself I will try my best to do it with you… but it never cross my mind to get rid of the baby… I would never think like that. We’re going to take care of the baby, make him or her feel wanted...”

I cried while listening everything Jiyong told me. He’s telling me what’s in his head, now I understand why he kept ignoring me, he’s there make a big plan for the baby and me. This breaking human actually the greatest human alive on the earth. He’s freaking out, so do I, but he’s going to take care of the baby. I glazed at him while wiped my runny nose.

“Stop talking nonsense… We will become parents.” He said while hugging me he kissed the top of my head while my head. I choked. I cried in his arms at the parking lot in the basement of this big company.

I sniffed on his scent while hugging him, it feels so good being in his arms like that. “I love you…”

“I love you…”

 

******

 

As soon as we walked out from the elevator, the loud noise welcoming us. The confetti flying from the long tube that’s been rolled out, Daesung and Seunghyun the ones who holding them. My eyes still swollen while I jumped out a little, startled with loud noise they’re making to welcoming us.

‘CONGRATULATIONS, MR KWON AND MRS KWON’ The big banner was hanging on the wall, I had no idea when they were preparing that though. I laughed as I realized there’s also Park Bom and Taeyang’s Hyorin. They decorated the penthouse to look like an instant night club, complete with the loud music and dance floor. I turned to them and wrapped my arms around the girls I adored, Park Bom, Min Hyorin, and also Jieun! Kiyong was there with her. They’re congratula

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter