Chapter 3

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[Dara's POV]

 

5.30 PM I checked at my wrist while drive the luxury car. I had told my boss I didn't take any client for today, yet he still sent me location through my friend where I had to pick up the drunk man. After my work finished at the cafe, I still had other job to do. It's driving, yeah I'm a lady driver.

 

I had to focus on driving while think about this guy, Kwon Jiyong, the main client. He won't be happy that I'd be late to come. He would stare at me with his eagle sharp stare and brought up about how his time wasted and his time is money. It's only two days one night and I already felt like I know him the whole. 

 

"Don't go~" The drunk man sung at the back seat. How could someone be really drunk at these time, I still saw the sun shined bright though.

 

Anyway, I still didn't get it, why he came to my cafe when he told me clearly how busy he was. Plus again, this guy is my boss' friend, isn't Seoul too small to have this coincidence... Those things bothering me a lot. I want my job to become the secret between me and him but it's impossible that Lee Seungri, the flirty boss, didn't know I worked for him, as e (at first).

 

"Bad girl!!" He shouted behind my seat, I startled fortunately I didn't stomp on the brake all of sudden, "Bad girl! She's leaving me just like that!"

 

"Ah right~ She must be a bad girl." I tried to talk to him while eyes on the road, had no idea what he was talking about but talk to my customer was always pretty fun to do, moreover when they were drunk like this. 

 

"No! She not just leaving me like that, she even brought all my money with her!" I felt bad for him, he must lost all the trust to women after this. "I don't want to love her anymore.. but it's hurt whenever I tried to stop." He was crying his eyes out while shouting right to my ear, deafing my ears. 

 

"How much money that she took from you, sir?" My curiosity started again, I just wondering how much that she took that's made him like this. 

 

"3000 won, but you knowwwwwwrrr! She took something more precious than money, she brought my feeling with her." I almost laughed if I was not remember how broken hearted this guy behind me I must already rolling inside this car. 

 

"Oh sir, I'm so sorry about that. Fortunately, we're here now, It's your house." I hold my laugh back as I saw him crying his eyes out again.

 

He waved his hand towards me, "You can laugh at me now, agashi, but you'll feel it later, how miserable it is when someone brought your heart with them. It's like he's away but he keep consumed you" I still chuckled and nodded to quicker I get off from the car, I helped him get out from the car, and walking him to the house where the old lady already standing in front of the gate. I guess it's his mother or someone close since I could saw the worried expression when she watched he coming like this. 

 

"You better don't make trouble, sir. Stop drinking and stop make her sad..." I whispered while helping him to get into the gate.

 

******

 

I decided to still came to this place, although it's super late than I promised to him. 9PM I just came to the penthouse. The security sent me to get into the elevator, he pressed the passcode to reach the top of the building. During the wait inside the elevator to reach the highest floor my head was working, thought how to respond to that Kwon Grumpy. I took a deep breath when I saw the digital number showing it almost reach the floor. 

 

The rang makes my shoulders jolted a little, then the doors open. I peek inside before made a step forward, get out from the elevator, and there's Kwon Grumpy, aka Kwon Jiyong, he's looking at me like I am a sinner. Well, that's right I'm late, but I have reason why I was late to coming. 

 

"You're late." He said, the way he was talking creep me out.

 

"I-I..." I stuttered.

 

"I don't think if you're serious doing this, Sandara Park-ssi." No! Don't. I'm serious doing this, I need this job and this money.

 

"I'm sorry, Kwon Jiyong-ssi, there's a drunk-"

 

"You still want to work with me?" He asked while placing the book on the table.

 

"Of course I do!" I nodded eagerly, my eyes pleading to him.

 

"I don't need someone who not serious doing this. You have to cut down your side jobs for two weeks until we finish this, could you?" He said along with horror gaze, he must irritate with my very not professional behavior. "I can find someone else to do this work for me."

 

"I'm sorry, I promise not going to do it again." I looked down at the floor, hope he's fell for it. 

 

He's getting up from the seat and walking up towards me, I hugged myself I scared that he going to beat me or do something bad to expressing how pissed off he was. Then he just walked, passed me. "Get ready at dining table." He told me, I fastly walking to the dining table where all the cutlery setted up neatly every size of them. I blinked my eyes then just sat there clueless. I then throw the gaze to the Grumpy Kwon who busy calling someone and not long after that, the elevator door rang. 

 

"Helloooo~" Very shining head appeared from the elevator, I gulped. "Baby, thank you for inviting me in." He said to Jiyong while I just looked at them blankly, what to say, what to do. I was standing up and bowing my back politely. 

 

"Oh my god! Who's this tiny human?" He exclaimed, made me straighten my back quickly, he totally made me regret that I've been too polite. "Who are you, tiny bunny?" This bald guy need to shut the up before I sliced his throat with the every size of knifes in front of me. I swear I could do if he keep repeating the tiny bunny-human. Do I look like half human half bunny?

 

"She's my girlfriend, Sandara, Sukchun-ssi." His eyes opened widely, as do I am, so here we are. The acting must be starting from here. 

 

The shining bald guy approached me, my eyes on him, when he right he's walking toward me but I could call it, the way he's walking just like a model on the catwalk. "Are you sure, she's your girlfriend, Mr Kwon?" His eyes looked down at my ripped jeans and the oversize shirt I wore. "Couldn't you get another things to wear, my dear?"

 

I tried to smiled sweetly, but inside my head I already had so many murdering scenarios for him. "When would we starting?" I broke the topic, at least I tried.

 

I had no idea what this bald man ate today, but his energy really amazed me. He's been talking nonstop for 3 hours since he sat at the dining table. He taught me how to held the cutlery, how I supposed to sit. I was starting to like him, we even laughed when I held the wrong stuff. 

 

Jiyong was just sitting at the couch, somehow I could feel he's watching me from there, while I still focus on what I learned. After the long 4 hours, I finished my first lesson, Table Manners. 

 

"Now, It's very late, Sandara Park-ssi." Sukchun energy seemed already ran out, fortunately all the things I need to learn he had taught me.

 

I stood up from the seat, I could saw the Grumpy Kwon already fell asleep on the couch while holding TV controller. "Sorry, I can't wake him up. He's been worked all day." I said with low voice made sure I didn't wake him up while sent my instructor to the elevator.

 

"It's okay. Aigo he look like a baby isn't he? Anyway, how long you both being together?" How long? This question, I hadn't talked about this with Jiyong...

 

"Few months." I answered shortly, then presses the elevator button for him.

 

"You both still look so awkward to each other right? I know Kwon Jiyong since then, he's very nice guy. Hope to see you both in the future more often." He's the second guy who said this guy is nice. From what side he's being nice? He's cold. I don't even know that he has nice side. 

 

The elevator door opened then I bowed to him while he's stepping into the elevator. "Ya- you should've get dress properly, he's not just any guy, you know." He still pissed me off even before he left me. 

 

After that I walked back to the living room where this guy who has skinny body fell asleep sitting on the couch. I was squatting  next to the couch while watching him sleeping. Surprisingly he's snoring slightly during his sleep. He looked innocent and cute just like baby when he's sleeping. He's very nice person. The voices of people who told me that suddenly echoing in my head. Does he? Is he really a nice guy? I remember how he's care about my clothes that's revealing so much and doesn't want Kiyong to see me dressed like that. Oh don't tell me he matched me with Kiyong? I blinked to shooing the impossible thing in my head away.

 

I tried as gently as I could to get the tv controller from Jiyong's hand, he slept so tightly as he doesn't even wake up when I took the controller from his hand. I yawned while watching the drama on the tv.

 

******

 

Click! Click! The noise of camera phone capturing picture sounded loudly when the room being so peacefully only two person's sleep soundly in the living room, the guy hugging the little body who's sleeping facing him, they're hugging each other while sleeping on the couch, The two tired bodies doesn't even realized the maids already there for few minutes.

 

"Shall we wake up them?" One maid whispered to another one.

 

"It's scarce moment, please can you shut up and silent your phone if you wanna take more picture?" The other one respond while whispering back. 

 

Kiyong who just get there, was walking to the living room where the maids all standing in line, watching his boss that sleeping hugging with Dara. He blinked his eyes as it’s once and first moment he had ever seen. As he knows his boss was never had sleep that soundly, he was easy to wake up whenever people are around him. Kiyong was quickly walking to the kitchen to check the drug box that his boss used to consumed. All the sleeping pills still complete, he’s frowning yet his lips still curving with a soft smile. He can’t believe what he’s witnessing right now.

 

He walked back to the living room where those two still sleeping soundly while Jiyong was hugging her tightly. He smiled slightly while pushing the maids to their way, "Come back here again tomorrow." he said while pushing and guiding them to back to the elevator, and presses the first floor. 

 

"But Mr. Kwon would be angry at us if we don't clean up the house."

 

Kiyong shook his head disagree with what the maid said. "He's being very patient these days, don't worry. I will tell him."

 

They're tilting their head, other maid just smiling since it's rare moment for them to get free time. Kiyong also walked out from the penthouse and left them both to continue their sleep.

 

Jiyong and Dara had been sleeping like that until his phone rang and woke them up. Jiyong quickly looked for his phone while roaming his phone around the couch, his other hand still holding Dara’s waist closely.

 

“What time is it?” He mumbled while grabbed his phone and answer the phone.

 

Dara opened her eyes, it’s the second day of her sleeping overnight at this house and she’s already in this guy arms at the second day. She’s blinking her eyes while Jiyong was answering the phone, his arm holding her tightly as she’s lying on her side facing him. It’s just few inches distance between their face.

 

“What are you doing?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter