Chapter 19

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You have to sign it…” Kiyong asked her while Dara sat on her desk, blankly look at him.

Dara’s eyes entranced with the necklace that still in it box, while her hands held the box very carefully. “What is it for?”

“I don’t know, Dara-ssi.. you can ask it to hyung later.  But for now you just need to sign the paper. It would be the proof that you already take it. You know how’s hyung really want right?” Kiyong pointed to the paper he place on her desk.

She was blinking while put down the necklace on the desk again. “I don’t think I can accept it…”

“Just take it for now… It would make us in trouble if you don’t take it now. I don’t think I could get another job like this at any other company.” He started to make sad face towards Dara as she just pouted cutely as the return get along with his funny expression.

“Okay I will sign it for now… I don’t think it’s good thing to fight with Jiyong while he’s so far away from me now.” Dara beamed as she signed the paper without reading through the agreement inside it since Kiyong pressed onto the paper firmly.

“That’s my noona!” He’s chuckling. “Now you have to wear that. I will take the picture for hyung…”

Dara was rolling her eyes to him. “Seriously?” but she did it anyway.

He grinned wide, tried to help Dara to put that on. Her smile couldn’t be hidden as she already wearing the necklace. It’s a simple necklace with D letter as the pendant. The little diamonds were complete the beautiful decorative of the necklace.

“Now my task is done…” He said while taking picture of Dara while she’s trying to peek on th necklace around her neck.

“Kiyong-ssi…why Jiyong did not giving it directly to me before?”

He hummed “It needed time to finish the design and all. It’s just finish today.” He answered while look at the result of the the picture he took.

“Well, he can just give it to me later.”

“Hyung wants you to wear it as soon as possible, Dara-ssi.. Do you like it?”

She nodded at him. “Very. Thanks Kiyong…”

“Hmm no don’t thank me. I think you have to give a call to hyung instead.” He smiled to Dara before waved his hand.

 

*****

 

“Jiyong…” Her tears already flowing down on her cheeks, no more beautiful smile on her face, only tears while Jiyong’s hand gripping tightly on her hand.

“I need you, please don’t leave…” His hand held around hers tighten. “I will do anything, Dara. I can do anything for you. I only have you, please don’t do this to me, baby.”

“Someone of us should let go, baby… I can’t stay around you anymore...” Her voice tremble but she pushed Jiyong’s hand away as it finally off from hers. “I love you, Jiyong…” The voice was echoing over his ears. Then suddenly a loud breaking glass could be heard, he only saw blood. Nothing else. Even Dara was gone… He kept looking around and called her name while ran around the dark place.

He suddenly woke up, from his sleep. He was disoriented while looking around the room, asking himself where was Dara. His gaze filled with fear as he tried to catch the breath again. He sighed in relieve that’s just a dream. The same bad dream he had for few nights since he’s working and being so far from her.

The nightmare before was always about his mother funeral, the way his mother closed her eyes for the last time. It’s repeating since few years his mother left him alone to face the world only by himself.

 

*****

 

Jiyong was already going overseas for more than a week. I didn’t think I could manage to go by myself before to handling all of the things in the office without him, but surprisingly I made it. I finished some project. Some investor even told me that they’re impressed with ‘Jiyong’s new assistant’ and that’s me. I learned a lot from the books and the people I met. Also Kiyong and Chaerin. He was trying to stick with me when I have to face new things in office and also Chaerin, I can tell she loves what she’s doing now. We’re learning the new things together.

“You looks more fit today.” She said while get her phone that she left before.

The work time is over, and during the day I didn’t even feel sick because of the pregnancy. I still missed Jiyong but that’s not making me feel so blue like the day before.

“I ate my vitamin before I slept yesterday.” I lied while grin towards her.

“That’s good. You should have taking that before.” She added while slides the strap bag over her shoulder.

I nodded. “Are you ready to go home now?”

“Yes…Are you?” Chaerin ask me back.

I shook my head. “I still have something to do… I will go home after I check the email.”  

“Are you sure? You’d be alone in this section. I will call Kiyong to come accompany you later.”

“It’s fine though. I won’t be longer… I’ll go down in 10 minutes..” Jiyong’s id was showing on my screen. He’s calling with video call suddenly made me secretly smiling while back to moving the chair towards the computer screen.

“Then…” Chaerin waved both of her hands while bowing towards me. I cheered while waved my hands back to her.

“Take care.” I said to her as she walked fast to the door.

After made sure Chaerin was walking out from the room, I opened skype, then the handsome guy on my screen greet me with his sweetest smile, I leaned my head aside, resting my chin on my palm. Oh gosh, this man, I miss him so much!

"Scream if you want to scream…" He teased me as he realized that I tried my best not to smiling widely. I could notice the dark circles around his eyes while his lips trying to convincing me that he's fine at there. A cloud of worried feeling was stiring up my chest. I was happy and excited to see his face again but at the same time, I worried so much. I want to hug him. “You look great today, Dara. Keep wearing that necklace…”

I playfully showed my surprised face while opened my mouth act like I was screaming. “Who are you? You didn’t call me for 3 days, Mister Kwon.” I didn’t want to showing that I worried. I totally understand with what he might faced at there. All the crazy investors. How to win over them to deal with the agreement, and also so many works Jiyong had to handle as the highest position of the company.

“Thanks for the necklace…”

“You deserved it, Dara.”

He didn’t reply of anything his eyes were looking at his screen instead of the camera, it means he looked at me. He didn’t move neither blink as I thought the connection must cut us off.

“Are you still there, Ji?” I asked.

He didn’t answer right away but he moved a little bit, ran his fingers through his hair, messed his hair.

“I need you, baby…” I swallowed as heard that from him. Me too, Jiyong… Baby. “I’m so tired…” He added, while I knew he didn’t need to explain to me as it already written all over his face, his stare.

I raised my face again as I pursed my lips a little bit, not to look pity over him when I actually more like symphaty. I really want to fly there to hug him, helping him to go through all the hard time like this.  

“Did you get any sleep?” I asked to him. He shook his head lightly. “Bring the iPad to your bed I will help you to get some sleep.” I don’t know where this idea came from but it’s just popping out from my head. “What time you’ll have the meeting for today?”

“11, In few hours.” He asked while walking holding the pad to the bed then he put the pad on the bed next to him with the camera facing him, I could see he’s more relax while holding the pillow. “Tell me about those three days. How’s our baby?” He asked while smiling to me. 

“Fortunately, I didn’t have morning sickness today, I guess the baby is doing well.”I ran my hand over my stomach, caressed the little bump. “Chaerin told me that I gained some weight in just a week…”

“You’re always beautiful.” He said briefly between his weary eyes, it’s almost closed. “I miss you both…”

I smiled as he said both instead of me. “Come back here as soon as possible. Let us hug you… We can stay up late, just three of us.” I chuckled as he curved his lips showing the smile. He didn’t respond to the last words I said.

“I made mistake, but I can handled it... I learned a lot from Kiyong. Thanks to him. Mrs. Kim would made her decisions tomorrow, but so far she said she likes me. I impressed some people, you know… You have very smart girlfriend." It's the first we were video calling after 3 days kind of lost contact. I can't complain about that, I clearly know something big must be going with Jiyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter