Chapter 1

My Pretty Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sending me a minor--" he paused as he inspected the woman who was standing in front of his desk, checking her from head to toe. "Do you have any idea of how ty she looks? She's wearing her great great grandmother's dress to work with me, are you kidding me?" He talked through the phone, ignoring how Dara opened her eyes wide when she heard what he said about her.

 

"It's my mo-" Dara stopped when he lifted a finger to ask her to be quiet.

 

It's her mother's best dress though, and he just said that she looks too odd to work for him. Also, a minor?! Dara felt like walking out of the room as soon as possible so she could scream about how ty he was. She's clutching to the sides of her dress, trying not to yell at the super fine guy that's biting his lip while looking at her.

This is it, she thought.

 

He finally put his phone down, and then continued what he was doing, did some work, read the paperwork, while Dara is still standing there, waiting for him to talk to her.

 

She finally opened , "So I guess, that's a no." She said hesitantly before turning her back and walking slowly to the door, but she stopped before she reached the door, and then turned back to look at him straight and sharp, the speed and firm steps she made, caused him to look back to her. "And you know what, first, I'm not even a minor, I'm a ing 25 year old WOMAN. Second, it's my mother's dress! Her best dress! And the lastly, you don't have the right to judge how ty I look when you're the tiest person that I have ever met." She's chuckled coldly while looking at him very closely.

 

His eyes stared at hers as she's on fire, and somehow he felt an unfamiliar feeling in his chest. Her eyes were brown, and they look more beautiful when she stares at him like that, when she's upset. He puts the pen that he is holding down over the paper and he gets up from the seat, just to look closer to her. Unexpectedly, he showed a soft smile as he looked at her again.

 

"Sandara Park, right?" Dara gulped when she heard him calling her name.

 

, did I just add some problem in my life with this guy?!

 

******

[Flashback]

 

"Give me three more weeks! I promise! I promise I will pay all- everything that I borrowed from you." She winced as she stood on her tiptoes, following the tall guy's hand movement. She wished her hair would stay strong as it was pulled harder by the debt collector.

 

"Why should I trust you? You're a smart liar." He pulled the hair even more, and it made her scream in pain, but no tears appeared in her eyes. No, she's not the kind of woman who cries just because someone pulled her hair roughly.

 

"Ay sir, it's the last time, you know you can trust me. Now, please let go of me!" She chuckled when the debt collector released her hair from his tight grip. She smiled her beautiful smile while patting his shoulder. "I will get some money, lots of money, so you don't need to worry, okay?" She then turned her body, picked up her guitar case as it's the only precious thing she has. She carried it against her small body as she dashed away from the debt collector.

 

She sighed, but her lips still curved up to show that sweet smile of hers, although she was facing a rough life at such a young age, Sandara always managed to always think positively. She tried every kind of work in Seoul, but everything that's she did just seemed useless, as she still could not manage to pay back all of her debts.  

 

"I will kick you out of your place if you don't pay me back in two weeks." Sandara stopped in her steps and looked straight as the smile faded from her face when the debt collector mentioned the place she'd been staying at. It was her father's house, the only thing he left for her, beside all that money he borrowed from the debt collector. "Two weeks, Sandara Park." He repeated.

 

Her eyes started to get teary, but she took a deep breath before turning her gaze to the tall guy and bowing towards him. "I'll try my best to get the money."

 

[Sandara POV]

 

The shoelaces hadn't ever been attractive, I kept gazing down and staring at the white shoe laces that looked more brown than white untied. I didn't want to live this way. No one would choose this kind of life. Debt collectors were always running after me, trying to take all of the money that I had. For me, only I could save myself from this problem. I at managing my own life, I don't have special talents, I don't have enough money, I don't have  a rich family who can support me. I'm living on my own with no money and some crazy debt collector was trying to take everything that I had, although I almost didn't have anything! But I promised I would never let this house go. This is my place. The only place that I had. The place full of all my memories. I would never give up on this. I would do anything...

 

Bom caressed my temples that were bruised dark blue. I just smiled and put my hand over hers. The look on her face told me that she wanted to help me, but we both knew there was nothing that we could do. "Does it hurt?" She touched it gently. "I will burn his body and make it look like an accident! Seriously!!" She said loudly, I moved closer to cover her loud mouth and I looked around, just trying to act as normal as I could. How can she say that out loud in my workplace?

 

"You know they're just doing their job, and I understand that." I shrugged after pushing her down to sit on the chair behind her. I bit my lower lip as I hesitated on whether or not I should ask her something. I looked around first to make sure that my manager was not paying attention towards me. I pulled out the chair in front of her, took a seat, and put the tray right on the table. "Can you do me a favor?"

 

She blinked confusedly while leaning closer and put some strains hair behind her ears. "Of course dear, I would do anything for you." I smiled widely when she said that towards me. I've been friends with her since we were very young. We grew up in the same neighborhood. I know what Bommie was and is doing for a living. Just like her for sure also knew what I was doing for a living. We both had rough lives.

 

"Can you please bring me to your place?" She blinked again when she heard that I answered her with more questions.

 

"Of course. You can sleep over anytime you want Sandara--" She said, still clueless with what I asked her.

I shook my head, while leaning closer to her. "I want to do the same thing, like you do for a living, at least once. Then after I get enough money to pay back the debt, I'll stop." Her eyes widened when I told her that. She chuckled, irritated while looking around the cafe.

"Bom, please." I asked her while pulling her hands together with mine. I've been begging for a chance that Bom wouldn't give to me. Sometimes, she's too protective as a friend. She doesn't know this is my last chance. "It's only once. So I can pay back all the debts."

She rolled her eyes and started to take out her cigarette without looking back at me. Bom and her cigarettes cannot be separated. "No." She answered shortly as she prepared to leave, seeing how she started to collect her stuff from the table. I quickly grabbed the cigar box in front of me just to see Bom roll her eyes in irritation at me.

Bom moved a little, showing her smooth skin, she's swinging her feet a little while some guy at the table next to us started to gulp while scanning her leg. I swear, she's a wonderful, pretty, nice, and lovely woman despite the job she chose. And that would be my job as well after I got this deal.

"You just need to teach me. I am a fast learner, you know that, sweetie." I'm hopeless, but my voice still sounded like a kid begging for a candy. I will do anything to fix my life, I just need some money to start living this life again, and properly.

She sighed while looking at me. "No, you're not. Why don't you just sing with your guitar at the sidewalk as usual, Sandara? You also still have your work as a waitress, and don't forget about the driving job as well. You still have so many jobs you can do. NOT THIS ONE. Stop asking me to do that." She raised her voice a little bit while I just pouted. We all knew that busking, and all the jobs I had were not enough for me, I got beat up by the debt collector last time and now she's asking me to busk again. NO WAY. I'm trying my best to look pitiful, please pity me, Park Bom. I need it so bad. "You still have so many options, make that stupid option the last thing you would do. You don't know this kind of world, Dara." She put her palm on my cheek while her eyes almost tear up. Oh no don't cry, sweetie. "Take my money, pay all your debts, and you go live your life."

I shakes my head quickly, as it's not what I want, Bom's mother is sick and she needs that money. "I beg to you, Bommie. I need this. I want to do this. It's my last chance. My last option. I don't have another one."

 

Bom leaned closer and looked at me, right into my eyes, "It's not your last option. Don't give up on yourself. Where's my positive-thinking-Sandara??" She looked more serious than before.

 

"Don't look at me like that Park Bom, this is really my last chance..." I said with a low voice, I took off my apron that was still hanging around my neck since I was still at work in the cafe.

 

She looked defeated as I heard her sigh and flip her hair back gently to show her bare shoulder to the guy who was still 'watching' Park Bom as he's already undressing her with his gaze. "Stop it, Sandara. Don't ruin your life." She warned me while standing up straight, after she successfully grabbed the cig box from my hand.

 

"If I don't do it I might lose my house, you know how much that means to me, Park Bom-ssi." I said, firmly gripping my apron. Bom froze for a few seconds before shifting her gaze back to me,

it softened as she finally pitied me. I looked back at her.

 

I realized someone was standing right next to me, his forearms folded, while looking down at me--glaring down at me to be exact. "Sandara Park-ssi, we're not paying you so you can sit around and have chit-chat with customers, you know that right?" He said with his big heavy voice. Oh he's a big pain in the , can he leave me alone until I make finish the deal that I asked Bom for?!

 

"Bom, please..." I stood up quickly while the cafe's manager stayed right next to me. I put on the apron again.

 

"I'll meet you, at your place later." She finally agreed with a nod as she quickly walked out after signaling to the guy from the other table to follow her. The guy automatically stood up and walked out, going the direction where Bom had disappeared from my sight.

 

Did she just agree with what I asked her?

 

******

 

She threw many little boxes onto my bed as soon as she opened the door to my room. boxes. Bom glared at me, still thinking that it wasn't a good idea that I wanted to get out and look for some thirsty guys. She crossed her forearms over her bobs while still staring at me as I froze, an English book in my hand. I glanced to the boxes, then back to her.

 

"Safety comes first." She said while throwing herself next to the boxes. I put the book on the table next to the bed before getting the box and reading the instructions on the back of the it. "I will help you Dara...but I have one condition." She's laying next to me, now over the boxes like they have been friends with her longer than me. Yes, I'm still talking about boxes.

 

I smiled and looked straight at her. "Thank you Bommie. Thanks for helping me. And what is it?"

 

"I'll pick the guy. Before I say yes, you can never sleep with him. I'll look for the right one."

 

I frowned at her, "it's not like I am going to marry him right? Why with the right one?" I complained.

 

She got up and her face told me how she finds my comment about the condition disagreeable. "Sandara Park! It's your in' first time. Don't be silly. I won't let you fall for the wrong guy. At least make it special

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter