If You Leave

Captured By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I strongly suggest for you to listen Musiq Soulchild's ft. Mary J. Blidge If You Leave. while reading. Sorry I can't post the song link since I'm only typing this on my phone yeah some of you were craving for the next chap so here it is.

This whole chap (my fave written chap with almost 2k words) was inspired by that beautiful r&b song that was once sung by Kyungsoo himself on one of the EXO Showtime's ep. Hope you'll like this. Comment your thoughts later.

 

 

 

 

The former paparazzo is now up to a new job. Besides from his morning shift on Serenity cafè, afternoon shift as a cashier in the Mega Mart convenience store and evening shift as an online tutor for basic English (as he's quite well in it), here comes his recent job - a singer in a known bistro at Myeongdong. 

Baekhyun believed that his cousin has an overflowing charisma, not to mention his soulful and heart melting voice. Kyungsoo refused at first because he doesn't have enough self confidence but here he is, staring deep in front of the mirror surrounded with bright lightbulbs. He is inside the dressing room of the bistro, getting prepared.

 

"Light auburn hair color suits you, Soo. Who knows? Someone down the stage could ask you out!" Jongdae, who's known to be the recruiter of singers in the bistro, happened to bump Kyungsoo at the mall. He is also friends with Baekhyun and he pursued Kyungsoo to be the replacement for their former vocalist who left the job due to family matters.

"I think so," Kyungsoo smiled a little, fixing his newly dyed hair with his little finger touches. "I don't mind anything about love right now, really." 

 

Jongdae just snickered at what he knew was Kyungsoo's fat lie but felt apologetic for keeping on digging and striking conversation about love. Kyungsoo mentioned that he's been recently heartbroken by some person. 

 

"I'm heading off to stage. Any encouragements or suggestions?" Kyungsoo fixed his plaid black shirt and black jeans, stepping out the dressing room wearing gray sneakers.

"I guess you're a pro in singing. Telling you to do well is an understatement already because you're too damn good." Jongdae tapped Kyungsoo's shoulder, offering an uplifting gesture. Kyungsoo sneered, quite flustered about his words. "Oh sing an English song. Many people will adore you for your first night of work."

 

"I did plan singing one at the first place." Kyungsoo assured, leaving the door. Behind the curtains, he walks in front as the emcee introduced him as D.O.

 

"Good evening everyone. I'm glad to stand here tonight. I...will be singing a song that is very close to my heart. Some of you can relate to this song as well. It is entitled Love Me Again by G.Soul." Kyungsoo trailed as he adjusts his posture at his tall seat and checks his mic for the second time. "Let's start." 

 

Kyungsoo is quite nervous but it seems like his anxiousness fades away as he sees those excited (some were judging) eyes obviously glued unto his presence at the middle of the stage. He heaved a deep breath as the soothing instrumental of mixed jazz and r&b began into cue.

 

He sang the first verse and chorus beautifully and became more inspired as the audience and customers were swaying their arms and body along with the song's beautiful beat and flow. 

 

 

 

"Okay, Lee Taemin," Kai sighed in annoyance for the umpteenth time already. "How can I pay you back?" He asked, talkling about the expensive ticket of the dance musical he bought weeks ago.

"Really? You mean it?" At last, the older was convinced to Kai's tempting conditions.

"Yeah. Just tell me whatever it is, kiddo." Kai hissed while staring at the same text message for an hour right now.

The one which he received while he's at Tokyo grand fansigning.

"Okay. Go with me at the bistro your manager recommended me somewhere at Myeongdong."

"What?" Kai shot his eyes and looked at the puppy faced Taemin. "Sorry but we can't have 9 P.M hangouts, Taemin. Suho hyung forbidden me from doing so."

"Oh. Is that so? Taemin showed a very disappointed expression, acting like he's walking out and will never strike a conversation with Kai ever again. "I understand."

 

Kai raised his head just to see a very sad man. He hates himself for being easily affected and gullible when it comes to feelings. He grabbed his coat and red snapback from his closet and followed the sulking Taemin downstairs as he tossed the keys harshly to him. "Fine. You drive."

 

 

 

 

 As the audience watches Kyungsoo intently, it seems like everyone were caught up with his soulful voice. There were handful of them that were already bugging Jongdae about D.O's whereabouts and how he doesn't seem to be an amateur at all.

 

At the end of the first song, people were protesting for more as they requested another English song in which the singer has already prepared under his sleeves.

"Of course I will. The next song will be If You Leave by Musiq Soulchild. This is...my favorite r&b song and whenever I listen to this song, it reminds me of someone dear to me. Have you ever tried to hold on but chose to leave because it will be best for that person?" Kyungsoo unexpectedly becomes emotional but does his best to restrain it. "Listen. Hope you'll like it, Spawn of Underworld."

 

The relaxing melody of sweet and serene jazz started as Kyungsoo pumped his feet while offering a sincere grin to everyone who lends anticipation at his next English song cover.

 

He began singing the first line up to the chorus and proceeded to the second verse.

 

Yeah, I think you're so full of it, full of it

You just don't know when to let up baby


I think you're so arrogant, arrogant
That you think you're so much better baby

 

That I think it ain't healthy for me to judge
You by your flaws and that's why I
Know I could criticize, but I put that aside
To focus on you and I

 

But if you believe you'll do best without me
Then I'll let it go boy, it's over
But before we say goodbye
Lets give it a try

 

If you leave then baby I'll leave
I'll let it go boy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter