- This isn't right -

Summer Days

- Did you sleep well, Hyukie? Asked Ken as he took out from the fridge a jar of peach jam and went to sit down at the table. Bring those pancakes here. Added the boy, looking intensely at the younger one who is standing next to the stove.

- I slept well… You? Shyly Sanghyuk answered, and went towards the plate full of pancakes.

Jaehwan was following the boy very closely, and after he let the plate down on the table, Ken reached out his arm and grabbed Sanghyuk by his waist, while the blanket which was covering the younger’s body fell on the floor.

- Jaehwan… Sanghyuk whined, trying to remove the boy’s arm from his waist.

- Come on, Hyukie, I won’t eat you… though I’d love to, hahaha… Jaehwan teased as he is still keeping his arm around Sanghyuk’s waist.

- Jaehwan, let me go!

- Why? Sit here on my lap, Hyukie… Proposed Jaehwan as with his free hand patted his laps.

- N-no… if anyone sees us… Sanghyuk blushed.

- There’s no one… Ok, ok… I’m sorry… Jaehwan let down his arm, freeing Sanghyuk’s waist, as he saw his teary eyes. Let’s eat… Continued Ken, motioning Sanghyuk to sit down on the chair, next to him.

The boy sat down and took a pancake with peach jam. The two boys ate quietly; from time to time Jaehwan would steal glances at Sanghyuk, trying to understand what is going on inside his mind and heart.  ‘Last night we were good’ thought Jaehwan, looking at the perfect side profile of Sanghyuk’s face. A perfect nose ending above a well contoured pair of lips, lips which were recently discovered by Ken’s. As his look went down, seeing Sanghyuk’s bare skin, Jaehwan choked on his pancake.

- Are you ok, Jaehwan??! Said Sanghyuk almost going up from his chair, panicking.

- Yes… yes! I just… I’m okay. Ken coughed then went up from his seat and with rushed steps he walked to the fridge to take out a bottle of water.

- It’s better? Asked Sanghyuk who continued to eat his pancake while looking at Jaehwan.

- Yes. Answered clearly the boy, after he almost drank the whole bottle of water.

- Okay, come and let’s finish these. Replied Sanghyuk, while turning with his uncovered back at Jaehwan.

- Hyukie… Jaehwan went right behind his friend and, with delicate moves, he put his hands onto Sanghyuk’s shoulders, massaging them then he went down with his touching, onto the younger’s chest. The boy started to shiver due to Ken’s sudden actions and all he could do was to put his palms onto Ken’s hands, being really nervous.

Jaehwan continued.

- You know… this isn’t the first time I’m seeing you topless… but after last night… it feels quite different. Jaehwan pulled his hands from Sanghyuk’s and then he took Sanghyuk’s hands into his, holding them tight.

- Jae… Jaehwan, let’s finish… these…

- You keep changing the subject…. Hyukie… Whispered Ken as he leaned down, closer to Sanghyuk’s head.

- I’m… not… I’m just… hungry… Responded Sanghyuk, being obviously flustered by Ken’s presence and gestures behind him.

- Fine… but at least give me a kiss. Only one kiss. Urged Jaehwan. I’m hungry too…

- If I give it to you… will you let me eat in peace??

- Yes! Only if you make it worth the price. Teased Ken, still holding Hyuk’s hands.

- Fine! Murmured the younger boy, then he pulled one of his hands from his friend’s and being nervous, rushing his gestures, Sanghyuk grabbed Ken’s chin and pulled him into a kiss. At this point, Jaehwan took his palms onto Sanghyuk’s neck, as the younger was trying so hard not to make weird noises because of Ken’s tongue that was touching every inch of his mouth.

- I… hope… you’re… satisfied now… whispered the younger boy, breathing hard and looking down at the table.

Ken was surprised by Sanghyuk’s behavior. He didn’t say anything, until he sat down back on his chair.

- It was delicious… pointed out Ken, while fixing his eyes onto the boy who is now trying to finish the remained pancakes.

- Jaehwan… stop staring at me… said Sanghyuk.

- But why? After all, you’re my lov…

- Just stop it, Jae!... Hyukie interrupted Ken, being aware of what he was going to say. Yes, they’ve kissed. Yes, he likes him so much. Yes, they’ve spent last night in a special way, but he isn’t ready for accepting all of these, this idea of ‘lovers’ scares him. He is very confused and worried and his mind is a total mess. The shy boy continued. This isn’t right… He stuttered while staring at the plate. Ken doesn’t understand.

- Hyuk… what do you mean this isn’t right?! Asked Ken, adding the younger’s words too as if he wanted to point out that the only thing that’s not right is his assumption.

Sanghyuk, in matter of seconds, was overwhelmed by an unknown state of panic, he felt his body trembling inside out and he barely held himself from crying. He made a mistake. ‘Why did you say that, idiot?!’ his mind told him. How can he answer, when even he doesn’t know what’s going on inside his heart? Sanghyuk put his palms onto his cheeks, being really cute without wanting.

- Jaehwan… don’t…

- Hey, guys. Have you finished the pancakes?? Hongbin entered in to the kitchen, interrupting Sanghyuk, who now feels relieved and Jaehwan felt this and suddenly his heart started to beat faster and he became unsettled.

- Yes, yes.. They were so good, Hongbin! Answered way too happily Sanghuyk.

- I’m glad then. Said Hongbin, chuckling. Isn’t he cute? Asked the beautiful boy looking at Ken, waiting for his approval.

Ken didn’t reply, he just rushed a smile then he got up from the table.

- I’m leaving. He said, going towards the stairs.

- What’s wrong?? Hongbin gasped, not knowing how to react. Did something happen? Hongbin asked, turning to Sanghyuk.

- N… No, I don’t know… I think I’m going to take a shower and… yeah… Delicious pancakes. Thank you.

- O…ok… I’m glad you liked my pancakes… After you take a shower, would you like to spend some time in the backyard?

- Maybe…

- Well, I’ll be there with Taekwoon later, next to the lake, so if you want you can come. Tell this to Ken too.

- Alright! Sanghyuk answered cutely then he went upstairs to take a shower and to change himself into some comfortable clothes. Still… he feels something is off. He can’t be calm. His mind is full of Jaehwan and he now wonders where Ken went and what’s he thinking. A part of him wants to go inside their room to see Ken there, lying on the bed, he wants to lay down next to him, to feel again his body next to his own… But another part of the young boy doesn’t want to go there, he doesn’t want to see those staring eyes, those lips… even his voice… And what he’s going to tell him now? After what he just said that it made Ken mad…

- it….

Murmured Sanghyuk, stepping onto the stairs, one by one, as if he is being afraid that those solid and massive stairs would transform into a ramp and he would slide down on it. He realized he has to go back into their bedroom to take some clothes.

- Be a man, Sanghyuk! Told to himself the boy, being now in front of the room’s door.

He opened slowly the door and firstly he peeked inside. No one. Ken wasn’t there. Sanghyuk goes into the bedroom and takes a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and leaves as fast as he went inside.

Now he is indeed worried. ‘Where did he go?’ Asked himself the boy, going into the bathroom to take a shower.