Jessica - 5

Replay 2015

The sound of an alarm rang. I looked at my phone to check the time. 6:00 am. I sighed as I dragged myself out of bed. After a short morning shower, I felt more refreshed and awake.

In about 5 minutes, I finished doing my simple morning routine. Looking through my closet, I found a simple t-shirt and pair of jeans to wear for my first day of school.

Doing a quick last minute check, I placed my shoes on and headed out of the door.

The bus stop was quiet. There were a few elderly and busniessmen waiting. I scanned the bus as I got on to look for a seat. It was pretty empty. I smiled as for the very back seats were open. My favorite seats. I took a seat next to the window and popped in my earbuds. I rode the bus as I blankly stared out of the window.

After about a good hour and a half ride, I had finally reached my school with 30 minutes to spare. I sat on a bench and looked around. Everyone had already formed groups and I was the outcast. Onew and Minho were also no where to be found.

I sighed to myself.

"Hey." A girl called out. I looked up to see who it was. "Jessica right?" I nodded. "Hey! Remember me? I'm Sunny!"

"Ah, annyeong!" I replied back. Sunny and I had a little conversation as she took the seat across from me.

"Hey Jessica." A girl called out. I recognized that voice. I turned my head and saw it was Irene.

"Hi..." I awkwardly spoke. I wasn't really a big fan of Irene. During the summer program, we had introduced ourselves to each other. I thought she would make a good friend but, she took the credit for all of my work. She had also acted fakely to me and others.

Irene took a seat across from me, almost pushing Sunny off of the bench. "I'm so happy to see you!" She said.

"Yeah..." I replied back. As Irene and Sunny introduced themselves to each other, I scanned the area for Onew and Minho. My eyes caught sight on the bright yellow and black backpack Onew owned.

Our eyes met and we smiled. We walked over to each other and started to stir up a conversation.

Onew, Irene and I headed to our class when it was time to start. We had our first class together.

Many students quickly filled the room.

Onew and I sat in the front while Irene sat in the back. We listened to the teacher and got our schedules. The class we were currently in was Korean Language.

I wasn't the best in Korean. I could barely speak. I had lived in America for a long time so my Korean wasn't as good as everyone else's.

We all compared schedules.

"Jess." Onew called. "Schedule!" We moved so that we were closer to each other as the guy who sat inbetween us moved his body back.

"Aw" I spoke in dissapointment. This was our only class together.

I compared schedules with the girl on my right.

"Hey, we have almost all classes together!" She cheered happily.

"Yeah!" I said.

"I don't think we formally introduced ourselves. Hi, I'm Naeun." She held her hand out for a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Jessica." I gladly accpected her hand.

Class was then over and we all walked out of the class. Onew and I walked side by side down the hallway, moping at how we didn't have many classes together.

"Where do you want to meet at lunch?" He asked.

"The bench where we first met?" I asked.

He nodded. "I was just thinking the same thing!"

We waved goodbye as we walked to our next classes.

I was talking to Naeun when a hand harshly ripped my schedule out of my hands, almost ripping the paper.

"We have 7/8 classes together!" Irene squeaked.

I gave a weak smile and Naeun gave her a weird look. I can tell Irene had gave her a bad first impression.

The whole day, I was stuck with Irene. She had already been gossiping about others. Oh, how I miss my old friends. Tiffany, how are you doing right now?

It was lunch time and I had met up with Onew and Minho. Minho went to go get food as Onew took out the food from his backpack. We joked around and got to know each other more. Then, Irene came. The mood drastically changed.

The days had passed and I felt really used. In our composing class, we had to create a variation on a nursery rhyme. We were working in pairs and Irene did nothing. I worked so hard to get a good grade and she did nothing and got the same credit.

The next projects that had passed were the same. We would be assigned to work in pairs for our classes and I would end up turning in my work with only my name on it.

"Hey Jess." Onew called out during lunch.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

He chuckled. "Want to go to the office? Let's switch our language." I nodded and followed him and Minho to the office- leaving Irene, Sunny, and our two new friends Dojoon who was a sophmore and Wooyoung.

While waiting to be called in, Onew and I had a pretty deep conversation.

"When I was in middle school," He started, "There would be lots of girls thinking I liked them because I was being nice to them. So, they began to like me. It was stressful."

"How nice were you being to them?"

"Well you know me, when they said that they were ugly I would tell them that they're beautiful and stuff to make them happy."

"Ah, I see."

"If I called you beautiful, you would think I liked you right?"

"Well, I don't know how to react. Most likely, I'll be in shock and then in denial."

"Why?"

I shrugged. "It's just how I am."

He sighed. "You're weird."

"Ya"

He chuckled softly. "You know, I think you and my crush would be really great friends."

"Hm?"

"But, I don't think you'll ever get to see her."

"Wait, what do you mean by th-"

"Okay, who's next?" The councilor called. Onew stood up and went inside the room, leaving me curious to what he meant.

After Onew got out, I went inside the room.

"I'm sorry, that class is currently full." The councilor said.

"Ah, ne. Thankyou." I said in a dissapointed tone and gave a 90 degree bow. I was about to leave the room when he suddenly winked at me. I froze in shock and in fright.

I walked out, shaking and rushing Onew to quickly go outside.

"Whats wrong?" He asked concerned.

"H-h-he" I stuttered.

"Yes...?"

"T-the c-councilor w-w-

"Calm down" He laughed at bit as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"H-he w-w-winked."

Onew tried holding in his laughter because he had noticed how scared I was. We walked back to the rest of the guys. He noticed me shaking still.

"Hey Jess. Come with me real quick." He spoke. I followed him as we both walked around the school. "Hey, you okay?"

I didn't say anything and just muttered a lying yes. "I just had a trauma about male adults who do stuff like that..."

"Why, what happened?" He looked in my eyes. His concern pouring out.

"I-It's nothing..." I turned away as he sighed.

"It's okay, I'm here for you." He reassured, patting my shoulder.

I nodded, thankfully and gave him a small smile.

"Our ice princess is finally smiling again." He laughed.

I laughed with him.

Ice princess.

Princess.

He gave me a nickname.

Ice princess.

 

Why does it make me tingle inside?

 

 

 

 



Helllllllooooooo everyone!

It's been a while since our last update. I know we promised a JeTi chapter but we can't find the time to do that right now.

We are currently busy in school.

We might make an update giving you guys some info on our current status (which will be deleted) but we're gonna have to see.

I apologize on behalf of both of us for not updating as much. Please understand. (We'd much rather update for you guys instead of doing homework).

Thanks guys!

ByeBye~

-adaandmusic