For Nikzxter

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: "efe"
Pairing: MyungYeol

Prompt:
"I never blamed you... you came for me and that's all that matters."

(1,259 words)

 


 

“Do it.”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Come on! It’s for your own good.”

 

“You know what’s good for me?” Sungyeol nearly screams, throwing his pillow at his roommate Sunggyu, who’s standing by the door like a parent waiting for his child to finish throwing a tantrum. “Watching the last episode of the season! That’s what’s good for me!”

 

“You can do that later, after your date.”

 

Sungyeol is pretty sure there’s smoke coming from his ears. “I’m not going to any date, and you know that! Hyung please! She was about to die!”

 

“The only thing that I know,” Sunggyu crosses his arms in front of his chest and leans on the doorframe, “is that I’m not giving you the wifi password until you accept to go on a blind date with Woohyun’s friend.”

 

--

 

Which is the story of how Sungyeol ends up standing in that stupid cafe for hipsters, wearing a stupid red handkerchief on his front pocket and waiting around for the stupid guy he’s probably going to be crushing on for the next few weeks until one or both of them decide it's not worth it and he'll go back to marathoning Netflix's shows.

 

(No he’s not bitter what are you talking about?)

 

Which, now that he thinks of it, could have been done on a PC bang. Who need's Sunggyu's wifi password anyway? …Maybe he does. Sunggyu may pay for it since he's old and therefore earns more at his boring office job, but it's Sungyeol's right to have access to it too! The contract he signed included basic services for a reason.

 

Is Internet connection a basic service? He wonders, playing with the piece of fabric Sunggyu and his boyfriend pretty much forced unto him. They could've just given him Myungsoo's number, or at least showed him a picture or something. But no, they decided to go all cheesy, rom-com style and make them look for each other via handkerchief.

 

Cause that totally works. No one in the universe will have a red handkerchief on their pocket but the two of them. Sure.

 

Sungyeol sighs for the tenth time since he entered the cafe and looks around. Come to think of it, his friends aren't that bad at choosing cool places for first meetings. When he went on a date with Kyungmin, his most recent (and consequent disaster) significant other, they ate at a food court in some ty mall and walked around for hours until the guy found the leather bracelet he was looking for. Sure, he was cool with it at that time, but now Sungyeol feels kind of disappointed his love life has always been kind of… underwhelming. Maybe even not interesting, overall.

 

"Um, excuse me?" A voice interrupts him from his musings. "Lee Sungyeol, right?"

 

There's a guy. A really handsome one. With a cat-like smile and cute dimples. Like, really really cute. Sungyeol thinks he must be dreaming.

 

He has a red piece of fabric hanging from his coat's pocket.

 

"M-Myungsoo?" He stutters, nearly spitting his drink. Way to go, Sungyeol. Extra points for attempted grossness.

 

"Yeah, can I sit down?" The boy motions the chair in front of him and Sungyeol nods. Of course he can sit. On his lap, even… But only If he wants, of course. "So… What do you think?"

 

Well I think you look like the man of my dreams but I’m going to pretend I’m just slightly interested because I’m not that shallow, Sungyeol says in his mind.

 

In reality, and after a long pause in which he recites all of that in his head, he says, "About what?"

 

"Well, you know." The boy scratches the back of his hand, tilting a little bit to the side. It's amazing; Sungyeol might start visualizing clouds and hearts and freaking ponies around him. "I was really hoping you'd accept to go out with me."

 

"Wait, you knew me?" Sungyeol points at himself, widening his eyes. "And were interested to go on a date, with me? Me? Are you sure?"

 

"It's actually kind of funny," Myungsoo starts. "I did a photoshoot for the company where you work and I saw you one day. I was passing by your cubicle in a hurry, trailing after Woohyun, you know? But I didn't know you knew each other and only until I started talking about the whole--thing you have going on in your hair,"--Myungsoo makes a movement around his head that Sungyeol isn't sure how to interpret, but it looks cute--"that all the pieces started clicking."

 

Who would have thought dying his hair while drunk would actually do something positive?

 

But there’s a more important issue at hand. Sungyeol clears his throat and says, "So you asked Woohyun to ask Sunggyu to ask me for a date?"

 

"Well, not really." Myungsoo shrugs. "He told me you were dating someone so I kinda forgot about it, but then they tried to convince me to come hang out with you after you…"

 

"I broke up with him." Sungyeol smacks his forehead. "I can't believe they think I'm this desperate to go out with just anyone," he blurts out before realizing his words are actually kind of hurtful.

 

The way Myungsoo flinches doesn’t go unnoticed. "I'm sorry. I understand if you're not comfortable with this."

 

Sungyeol cringes. "No, no, no, it's not that. It's just that I binge-watch a show and they think I'm depressed." He watches Myungsoo’s expression deflate and alarms start ringing on his head. This looks worse than accidentally kicking a puppy. (Sungyeol knows that first-hand.) “Wait no, don’t take it personally. Sorry, I’m actually enjoying talking to you.”

 

"Well, i think Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun were just trying to help." Myungsoo forces a smile. Crooked, awkward, and oddly charming. "Although I know they kinda forced you to agree to this. Sorry."

 

"Seriously, you don't have to apologize. It's just that I'm kind of… wary, I guess? My ex-boyfriend and I broke up not too long ago, and I don't know how soon is too soon to look for someone. Or even if I want to look for someone."

 

"Hey I don't blame you… I’ve been there too. But you came for me and that's all that matters," Myungsoo explains, his voice kind of low and almost secretive. Sungyeol finds himself entranced with the way his lips move. "And who knows? Maybe it can actually work."

 

Sungyeol bites his lips. The guy sounds cheesier than he would have expected from such a face. But for some reason his words have a positive effect on him. Maybe the dimples are the reason. Or the way he keeps moving his head to push his bangs aside and hide his nervousness. Only until then he notices that Myungsoo hasn't ordered anything and his own cup of coffee is almost empty. "Do you want anything? My treat."

 

"I'm alright," Myungsoo declines, playing with his fingers. "I actually wanted to ask you if you wanted to go with me on an adventure. This was just the meeting place."

 

Sungyeol narrows his eyes, hoping that the boy doesn’t notice they’re gleaming with expectancy. His love for spontaneity is no joke. "What kind of adventure?"

 

"It involves taking pictures, if you want to know."

 

Oh really?

 

"And where are we going for pictures?"

 

"Wherever you want."

 

"Even an amusement park?"

 

"Or a water park." Myungsoo leans back, crossing his arm and lifting his chin. With that, Sungyeol is officially won over.

 

"You're speaking my kind of language."

 

 


 

 

Admin: Huh. What? Wait, no! Why did it end??? More, please! :'D