For Babygyulicious

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: “ Aries ”
Pairing: WooGyu (Woohyun/Sunggyu)
Prompt(s): It's the end of the world, where there will be nothing that is born or dies. Sunggyu was alone in an empty room with a table and a small chair. He's the only one left in this world—until he meets Woohyun, a time traveller.
Words: 1,786

 

 

Saviour from the Past

 

 

It’s 2600. The sight Sunggyu is looking at still can’t make him believe the reality. Even if it has been 3 months already, Sunggyu is still looking at it with a pair of sad eyes. His heart is wrenched everytime he sees how the neighborhood where he has been living since he was a child is already gone; destroyed, broken, blown by the time. This may be the end of the world, Sunggyu thinks, because whenever he looks around, searching for a soul to be a company, he finds nothing but dust and memories.

 

Sunggyu comes back to his apartment. His apartment used to be bright and noisy. He remembers the family in front of him had three children, which was all boys and they always fought everyday and made his head ache. The parents were really good, though.

 

They used to give him cookies, food and love because they knew he was living alone.

 

Sunggyu also remembers the security guards who used to greet him every morning. Even though his apartment is considered small and cheap, it was comfortable.

 

Now he feels like he is living in an abandoned building - well, basically he is.

 

He wanders around like he usually does, to kill his time even though he knows it’s useless because he’s not going to die anyway. He sits in an empty small room, only with a chair and a table. The room has a window so that he can look outside where the sight of a beach greets him everytime he does. It’s one of his favorite place because he thinks about a lot of things there. Even his apartment doesn’t calm him down like this room does.

 

Suddenly, there is a wind blowing behind him and when he turns around, a weird portal is there and someone comes out from it. Someone with a coat and hat and boots. He looks weird but Sunggyu thinks maybe it’s just him. He hasn’t seen someone else for 3 months, anyway.

 

The man from the portal stares at Sunggyu for a while before he speaks up, “Hello,” he grins. Sunggyu looks at him still with a mouth parted open and he looks at him weirdly, “What are you doing here? Who are you? What the hell was that big portal? It’s supposed to be me, only.” Sunggyu frowns upon the question the stranger asks. The stranger raises his eyebrows and looks at the window. His eyes widened immediately when he sees the condition of the city. They look at each other - again - before Sunggyu lifts his hands on defeat. “I know you have a lot of questions to ask, and I do too, so...” he stops, knowing that the stranger knows what he means.

 

Sunggyu brings the stranger, named Woohyun, to his apartment because he has everything there - food, water, bed. Everyone is dead so it’s easy to steal foods from abandoned stores. Woohyun doesn’t talk a lot, but he seems like he is trying to take everything in. “So, Woohyun,” Sunggyu speaks up as they sit across each other. “Mind explaining how the hell did you come out from- you know- that twisting circle floating in the air?”

 

“I’m a time traveler,” Woohyun says. “I travel from time to time, just for fun, actually. No one really pays me for it. When I get bored, I move from a century to another century. Meeting new people, seeing new things.. Well, this one’s totally different from the other.” he twitches his eyebrows in worry. “What happened here?” he continues to ask. Sunggyu takes a deep sigh and closes his eyes.

 

“It was last year.. It started last year. Someone from the TV told us about the dangerous diseases that was attacking but none seemed to care. Until one by one, everyone started to die and got sick, except me. I was always healthy and I still am. Every time I tried to commit suicide, I always come back alive. It’s.. really weird. I quickly realized that maybe, I couldn’t die. I wasn’t able to and this is some kind of punishment.” Sunggyu gulps. He has been thinking like that a lot, that maybe he has done such a great sin in his previous life. Woohyun looks at Sunggyu in silence before he asks again. “Aren’t you bored? Being here?” Sunggyu blinks, before he eventually nods and there is a grin on Woohyun’s face.

 

“Do you want to come with me?”
 

 

In a blink of eye, they’re in the 1950s and Woohyun takes Sunggyu to a traditional market that sells a lot of foods Sunggyu hasn’t seen before, but Woohyun knows best which one is delicious which one isn’t. It turns out to be a culinary walk at the end, and they both finish the day near the river, where they see the sun setting down and the moon starts to show up. Sunggyu lies down on the fresh grass, while beside him sat Woohyun with his eyes closed and hair nuzzled by the wind.

 

“Is this what you do all your life? Traveling from time to time?” Sunggyu asks and that makes Woohyun chuckle again. “I don’t always do this. I told you it’s just for fun,” Woohyun says. “I actually came from the year 2010. I have jobs there. I’m a writer and a painter. I wanted to paint something futuristic, and tried to go to the year you live. I thought it’s going to be- you know, high-tech. Guess I slipped into dooms day.” He turns to look at Sunggyu then continues, “You don’t look like you use a lot of robots to help your activities.” Sunggyu scoffs hearing that, because the era where he lives doesn’t really look like what Woohyun imagines. Sure, they have cool technologies but it’s only used for rich people.

 

They both stay there until the clock ticks 11 and Woohyun stands up to his feet. “Are we going?” Sunggyu asks. He grabs the hand Woohyun is offering as the younger nods. “Where do you want to go next?” Sunggyu smiles. It’s like Woohyun is a genie that can grant his wish. He doesn’t want to go and meet dinosaurs, or join the World War II. That can wait. So he ends up saying, “Let’s go to where you live.” Woohyun gets confused a bit at first but takes him there anyway.

 

Year 2010 is not really different from year 2600. It’s just... They have less technologies and people still use a lot of traditional things. Nevertheless, it’s exciting to see new stuffs. Woohyun takes Sunggyu to his house and his house is actually nice. It’s painted white with some blue on it. The garden is taken care well and the neighbors are really nice to Woohyun either Sunggyu. No wonder Woohyun likes it here.

 

“So, how’s it?” Woohyun flops down on the sofa while Sunggyu looks at the television. “It’s nice,” Sunggyu says. “I haven’t seen people and busy streets or even pets around for months. So it’s actually nice.” He smiles and Woohyun coos secretly at that. Who knew he’s going to find such an adorable hamster from the future?

 

They end up talking until late and fortunately, Woohyun has one empty room for guests and Sunggyu can use that for awhile. He wants to take Sunggyu for a walk tomorrow. Woohyun doesn’t like it when someone interferes his life but somehow, he wants Sunggyu to know a lot of things about him, and so does the opposite. Sunggyu doesn’t refuse either when Woohyun offers him to see his friends and his favorite cafes and parks.

 

At the end, Sunggyu gets to know a lot of things about Woohyun, and so does the latter. And the more they get to know each other, the more they feel the comfort. It’s like they click each other, even though one from the past and one from the future. They have completely blended in and made the present. Woohyun catches Sunggyu dazing off, and he knows that the older is thinking about his home. Woohyun is sure Sunggyu realizes that he can bring him to the time where everything is well - the city. But Woohyun doesn’t have the gut to ask, that might be because he’s afraid to let Sunggyu slip out.

 

 

“I have nightmares,” Sunggyu says in the middle of the night. “Please let me sleep.. With you. I mean- I can sleep on the floor. I just don’t want to sleep alone.” he says, hesitating. Woohyun can’t believe his eyes and just lets the guy in. He doesn’t have a couch in his room and he can’t just let Sunggyu sleep on the cold floor.

 

“Sleep with me on the bed. It’s fine.” he ends up saying. Sunggyu refuses at first but Woohyun insists, so they both end up sleeping back to back, trying to deal the awkwardness. Until after a moment of silence, Sunggyu says,

 

“I have never had nightmares before, even when I was alone in that city,” he admits in a whisper. “I didn’t dream, maybe because I didn’t wish for anything anymore.” Woohyun listens to him carefully, and somehow, he wants to hug the older guy, so he bluntly asks.

 

“Can I hug you?” Sunggyu doesn’t answer it immediately, he gives the other another silence before whispering an okay.

 

 

A few days later, Woohyun suggests that Sunggyu should go home. He’ll bring Sunggyu to the time where the disease hasn’t happened so he can finally meet his family and friends again. Maybe, Sunggyu can change the fate too. Beside, It’ll be selfish if he keeps keeping Sunggyu when the man himself misses his home. The moment they step out from the portal, Woohyun stares at Sunggyu’s back. Sunggyu doesn’t say anything but a small okay when Woohyun offers the ride and he hasn’t spoken a word. He promises he’ll keep visiting to make sure everything is alright.

 

“I’ll see you later, okay?” Woohyun mumbles and he keeps looking at Sunggyu’s back. “Don’t make a lot of troubles and don’t miss me.” he jokes before turning away to go back home.

 

Until someone grabs his hand. And it’s Sunggyu, with a pleading eyes looking right into him. “Can’t I come with you? I know you’ll say that I might change the history and stuff like that but I really want to go with you. You might think I’m selfish for leaving everyone here behind but- can’t we find another way?” Sunggyu bites his lips.

 

Woohyun blinks and slowly his lips form a smile. “Do you think I actually care about history? I hated History class the most.”

 

 


Admin’s Note: The way you used the time travelling concept was fun and interesting at the same time! I’m so happy that the two of them have each other now. Awesome job writing this! ~ KyashiiKun