For clouded-freelancer

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: "marcopie"

Pairing: Woogyu

Prompt: "My parents thought I was working for an insurance company in New York when really I was joining the CIA so I just sort of never mentioned when I met you on an assassination-gone-wrong and now we’ve been married for five years and they still don’t know you exist, this has gotten wildly out of hand and you won’t stop laughing about it."

A/N: it was short, probably not up to your liking and i am not really good but i hope you do enjoy it. merry christmas my dear and to other readers too. (i was in hurry so I didn't get to write everything i have in mind. i promise i'll post sequel for this once santa is revealed later)

 

(Words: 2,261)

 


 

 

Christmas was just around the corner and since Sunggyu was not going to have day off on that special day, he decided to return home a few days earlier to have an early celebration with his family. There will be no party or anything alike but his mother said that she was going to cook a little more dishes than she usually has on daily basis and there was no other restaurant that can compete with her food so he agreed immediately on travelling that far under such cold weather, almost freezing to death as he waited for bus to arrive.

Sunggyu has a car but he left it in New York, too bad airplane won’t let him bring his car along and he did not manage to get himself a rent car as the plan of visiting Jeonju came in rush. Furthermore, driving to Jeonju from Seoul will take two hours and Sunggyu was famous of falling asleep whenever he drives alone so a certain someone forbade him from getting any car unless he was allowed to come along – which of course Sunggyu quickly agreed to just go there by bus. He earned a pouty and sulking husband for the rest of the day and the other male still refused to talk to him when he was bidding him good bye as he was about to leave for Jeonju earlier this morning.

They both agreed on taking their marriage as secret for a while when they first sealed their love with vows to take care of each other until the last inhale of their breath but recently his husband was being all noisy about it. Well, he guessed his husband was not all to put the blame on because it had been five years since then. That had been too long.

The first time he met Woohyun was seven years ago, during his early days of joining CIA. He was just halfway into fifty while his husband was one year younger than him. They joined the force for about six months when they were assigned into a mission together, nothing sweet from the start but Sunggyu won’t say he disliked it either. Woohyun was very whiny and it was fun to piss him off. Their first mission together was filled with bickers, little fights and a lot of punches on the face but fortunately they managed to finish the mission successfully.

Two months later, they were assigned for a mission with the cooperation of FBI to assassinate a well-known hacker group that now escalated into meth dealer. Sunggyu almost lost his life when he was found trying to sneak his bug into the group’s network but Woohyun was there and saved him. Thanks to that, they started to open up and accepted each other as friend, later slowly grew and levelled up until they reached what they were today, officially married and their team was completely happy for them.

This year, Sunggyu filled up request for day off for Christmas since they haven’t had any since the past four years but his superior had to reject his application but did deed and sent him with his husband for an undercover mission in South Korea, two weeks’ worth although he needed to be on duty during Christmas day. It was fine for them and they both decided to give their parents a visit before they had to report themselves in local headquarter tomorrow midnight. Woohyun had no problem with one day and half short of break since his parents only live in Chungcheong unlike Sunggyu who needed to spend a quarter of a day just to travel go and back.

About not taking Woohyun along with him, his husband kept questioning him why and Sunggyu always had hard time to explain it to him which he end up saying nothing until last night. The thing was, his family thought he was a successful over-intelligent kid who works for an insurance company in New York when he actually served the States as an agent for CIA. Both of them had it as a secret from their respective families but Woohyun came clean to his mother two years ago. However, Sunggyu still had no idea how to do that.

He was planning to do it this year. Maybe just the CIA part, not the marriage part yet. He did not think his mother will like it that he got married without telling her first and he certainly did not want to get kicked out of the house after years of not coming back. Woohyun clearly not amused with it but he knew better than to drag the issue longer. They don’t want to spend their not-really-a-day-off Christmas with a fight.

“Hyung.” A familiar voice called for him, pulled him out from his train of thoughts and fall back on reality, realized that it was his little brother who he had not seen for more than three years giving him weird look. “I was waiting until the time you’ll hit your pretty head on bus stand but that would be painful and mom won’t like it if you return home with bruised forehead.”

Sunggyu frowned and jerked back when he noticed that his head was just two inches away from hitting the red pole. “Aren’t you going to hug your brother, little Jongie?”

“Shut up. I am not little Jongie anymore.” Sunggyu laughed when he saw how his little brother, Sungjong pouted so badly, obviously was nothing but still a little boy in heart even though he tried to act all matured, he always did but he tends to become a very spoiled kid whenever Sunggyu is around. Sunggyu stretched his arms wide, signalling Sungjong to come in and give him a hug, where the boy huffed but still did as told, flushed himself flat in his brother’s warmth.

“My baby brother grew up so well.” Sungjong pulled away immediately, sent him a glare in package with a punch on his chest and dragged him home so that Sunggyu won’t have time to make more embarrassing comments.

 

Sunggyu knew something was not right when he arrived in front of their doorstep. He knew his mother was a chattering box who greeted everyone that she bumped onto on her way to get fish from market but to have around ten pairs of women shoes at the house entrance sure screams danger. Sunggyu had this primal instinct of fleeing but his younger brother had closed the door and already announced that they were home.

His mother was standing in front of him in no time, took him into her arms and squeezed his breath out of him. She squealed so loudly, giving out how much she missed her son but somewhere laced between her words of missing him, Sunggyu knew she had different agenda in mind. He got a bunch of kisses on both his cheeks and then was pulled to the living room, to face the nightmare of the year.

Being trapped and aimed with more than a dozen of M16 was way better than this. Sunggyu felt small under the stares from the group of middle aged women. Every single of them was eyeing him like a predator, examining his whole figure while some of them exchanged whispers, probably changing thoughts about him. Sunggyu did not have to ask his mother to know what was going on.

He should expected it earlier. He was already thirty two, any mother will be worried if their sons still haven’t got anyone in life and too drown in work (except that Sunggyu already settled down long ago but it was out of Mrs Kim’s pool of knowledge).

Sunggyu could see some of the elders were still considering but they were seem to be completely out of doubt once his mother told them about his salary and how he managed to get his own car, cash, with just his first pay. The women literally had dollar signs drew instead of their pupils, staring at Sunggyu in awe and they were all obediently kept in place until the one sitting third from the left dashed to get Sunggyu, persuaded him to take her daughter as his companion and that was when the others started to go wild as well.

Never once in his life Sunggyu ever had so much women surrounding him, each of them fighting for his attention. He was not amused, especially when his mother was rubbing her palms together as she watched, having the time of her life while his little brother was having a hard time not to fall down from laughing too much.

One person grabbed his shoulder, had his attention on her and started to blurt out all the good sides of her daughter for about thirty seconds before someone else took her turn, made Sunggyu face her and did the same. Sunggyu learned that six of them had daughters while the other four have sons, some worked as this, some worked as that, blah, blah, blah.

The craziness went on for about fifteen minutes before Sunggyu explode for real, yelled at the top of his lungs the one thing that he did not plan of confessing that day. “I AM MARRIED!”

Like a magic spell, the room turned quiet and everyone seemed to be froze, Mrs Kim looked like she was going to collapse any time soon. Sungjong on the other hand, now completely rolling on the floor, laughing his off.

 

Sunggyu shot Woohyun his best glare but his husband was too used of it to even feel slightly threatened, laughed louder instead but his stomach was getting cramped so he lied down on his tummy, both hand pressed on that part so that it won’t explode, face now buried on the sheets to muffle the sound and tried his best to stop, which was very hard to do. Sunggyu can only watch, nothing more even though Woohyun was pushing him off the edge. It was weird for him to still find Woohyun’s laugh the most adorable thing in the world even though he was actually laughing at him, at his misery.

A couple of minutes passed and thankfully Woohyun got a grip of himself, stopped laughing for once and all. His husband sat up straight again, both legs folded against each other as they sat facing each other on the bed. Woohyun cleared his throat, took a very deep breath (almost broke into laughter once again) and started to talk. “So your mom want me to meet her before we go back to New York next week? New Year?”

Sunggyu nodded. “My mom and Jongie.” Woohyun nodded while Sunggyu kept his eyes stuck on his husband’s, waiting if the other male also have something to tell him, something alike of what he just told him. However, Woohyun just cocked his brow and asked him why he was staring at him like that. Sunggyu pouted. “Didn’t your mom ask for me? Won’t you be taking me to meet your mom?”

“Why should I? Why would my mom ask for you? Besides, my mom wanted me to come back home too before we return to New York. I don’t think I can split myself into two, baby.” Woohyun said and Sunggyu almost chocked on how cruel his husband can be until he saw the sly smile on his lips.

“Ugh, fine.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, took a pillow and threw it to the headboard, shot his husband a glare before he stood up and walked toward the washroom. One thing that is great about the hotel room their superior got for them was it got a Jacuzzi that Sunggyu loved so much. “It is decided then. You go back to your parents and I’ll go to see mine. It is fine too. If you are not there, then I can meet Heechul hyung.”

Woohyun’s jaw fall hearing that. Even though Woohyun never meet him, he knew that Heechul was Sunggyu’s first love, the one who Sunggyu has soft spot for. First love, what more can he expect. “Yah! I am tagging you along. I don’t care.” Woohyun shouted, gritting his teeth. The bathroom door squeaked open, Sunggyu peeked from inside and stuck his tongue out.

“But baby, I thought you need to meet your mother?”

“I actually told her that I am going to bring you to meet her on New Year’s Eve. She is so happy to know that she can meet you.” Woohyun mumbled. Sunggyu could not help but grin hearing that, also all excited to finally able to meet his mother-in-law. He dashed out and pounced his husband, hugged him so tight that Woohyun almost ran out of breathed. “C-can’t b-breath, ugh.”

Sunggyu quickly loosen his arms but not completely let him go. He rolled so that they were lying on their sides, facing each other and buried his face on his husband’s chest as he snuggled closer. “It’s cold.”

Woohyun snorted. “Who told you to take your shirt off?”

“I was about to take bath but you’re being amazing so I can’t help myself from hugging you.” Sunggyu mumbled against the fabric of his husband’s black sleeveless shirt. “Come on, hug me back. Warm me up.”

Sunggyu yelped when he suddenly was rolled to lay on his back, eyes shot open and Woohyun was now hovering on top of him. His husband leaned down and breathed out into his ear with a smirk plastered all over his face. “I know a better way to warm you up, baby.”

 


 

admin's note: aish, marcopie you're good. stop saying you're not. i enjoyed it as well and i know you'd been working hard. thank you for this adorable piece. (soundsecret)