For mayazero

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: "Ame"

Pairing: Woogyu

Prompt: "Never forget - Gréta Salóme & Jónsi"

(Words: 9,892)

 

I gave you all, my heart and my soul

 


 

Can an innocent and pure love survive, in such a dark era as the one we are living in? A dark time in which war between neighboring kingdoms is nothing unusual and slavery is still a common way to get money, if you’re among the poorest of the poor.

 

It was a night just like any other, maybe the heavy rain and the strong wind were unusual for this time of year, but besides this everything was as calm and nice as ever. There wasn’t much to be expected from a little village far in the south, that was only little known for the farming. Far away from the capital which was so palatial and overwhelming that you couldn’t find words to properly describe its beauty. The big glamorous palace of the royal domain, the breath-taking parks, that were spread all over the capital city, and so many other things that created the marvelous capital city Bluele; that’s at least what people are saying. Never had anyone of this little village ever gone to the capital. They were all poor farmers after all.

The wind was beating so strong against the so fragile looking glass window that after a while he couldn’t stand lying in his uncomfortable bed, made of hay, anymore. The raindrops knocked against the thin glass, creating horrible scary sounds that made him feel even more uneasy. The moment a loud thunder could be heard, the fright within him grew even more. The boy hopped out of his bed and walked to the window with light steps, afraid to wake someone. He looked into the dark night that was lit up once or twice from a lighting. He hated the rain, he hated the tempest, he hated this village, he hated himself; he was still so young but in his opinion there was no purpose in him living this life. Nobody really cared about him and receiving love was something that he only dreamt about.

“They wouldn’t care if I left now. They wouldn’t notice anyways…” -He mumbled oh so lightly while he was looking outside the window with empty eyes, waiting for something big to happen. Only 16 years old but already too mature for his age. He was one of seven children but by now only two of them were still at home with his “family”, the other four were either sold or died. Now he was the youngest among this remaining three children. Actually the nestling in a family should be the happiest but Sunggyu was everything but happy. For him life was hell, he was beaten by his father and his mother cared less about him, he couldn’t go to school because he was to poor and the people he called his real friends couldn’t even be count since the number was zero. His life basically consisted of working on the fields and sleeping.

“I wished something would happen to change this dreary live of mine,” he signed and pressed his forehead against the cool glass surface. He was about to close his eyes but just in that second he heard a strange sound, he focused on the direction from where it came and then he noticed something. There was a coach drawn by a dark brown horse, actually it was nothing new but something about the people on the coach seemed suspicious. Sunggyu hurried to the door and opened it with a swing and just in that moment something fell of the coach without the passengers noticing it. But within a blink of an eye the coach was gone, leaving behind whatever they had lost.

Even though it was raining cats and dogs, his feet brought him nearer and nearer to the mysterious thing, he had a feeling he should check what it was. And then as he finally realized that it wasn’t a thing but a person that had fallen down the coach, he didn’t hesitated a second but ran to the motionless body.

He got down on his knees and pulled the body up and just then he noticed the robes around the hands and feet making the boy unable to move.

“Are you okay?! Oh my God!” Sunggyu was shocked the boy in his arms was ice cold and was definitely unconscious. Well at least he hopped the boy was only unconscious and not already dead. He immediately freed the a little younger looking boy from the tight ropes around his limps and picked him up.

Oh my God, please hang in there! What should I do? I can’t bring you home, dad would beat me to dead and you need medicine….What should I do? - Sunggyu was at a loss and just as he was about to totally run out of ideas the orphanage that the small village had, came into his mind.

“I bring you to Mrs. Yoon!” - He exclaimed rather happy and dashed as fast as he could to the small house. He knew Mrs. Yoon was a nice lady, she was like the saint of this hopeless village. She also tried to help him so he could go to school but as his father threatened her with either beating Sunggyu into a lump or even selling him, she stopped convincing the stubborn man.

 

Even though it was the middle of the night he knocked on the door with all his might and finally the door was opened by the beautiful lady. Sunggyu was never happier than in that moment.

“S-sunggyu! What’s wrong? Who is he?”- She asked with a shocked expression on her face.

“Please Mrs. Yoon help me.”

“Of course! Come this way!!”- She lead Sunggyu to a big table, from which she knocked down everything that had been standing on it, and told him to lay the boy ,on his back, down on the wooden surface.

The boy was sheering and his lips were already turning blue, his clothes torn apart and wet.

“Is he going to die? He looks awful...”- Sunggyu was panicking, but did nothing than standing on the same spot staring at the boy’s pale face.

“Sunggyu, don’t stand there get some towels and warm water!”- She ordered the perplex boy, who run to get the things immediately- It wasn’t the last time for him to run to get things. Towels, medicine, a new set of clothes, blankets and clear water.

The two of them had spent around an hour to make sure the boy would survive the night without a problem. He was still unconscious but by now Mrs. Yoon was pretty sure that the boy was rather sleeping due to exhaustion. Once they were sure the boy was alright Sunggyu carried him to a bed and covered him with another blanket.

“How did you find him?”- Mrs. Yoon peeked over Sunggyu’s shoulder and looked at the boy. He wasn’t as pale as before anymore but his dark blue hair was an eye catcher. It was something really rare for people to have different hair color then black or dark brown.

“He fell of a coach…but he was pinioned with robes.”

“Oh, maybe he would have been sold if he hadn’t fallen of.”

“Maybe…, I hope they won’t come back to get him. I‘ll definitely hide him then.”- Sunggyu turned around, finally tearing of his eyes from the boy, to look at the woman with sad but determined eyes. Something within him told him that this boy was something precious and special.

“Perhaps this is destiny, God has a plan and a purpose for all of his children, maybe this is your plan.”

“Well, who knows…, anyway can I stay here for tonight?”

“Won’t you get in trouble with your father?”- Mrs. Yoon asked worried but was kind of shocked as she read the time and it was already 3 a.m.

“I always am in trouble, therefore I can care less, I just want to stay with him. I don’t know why but I just have a feeling that I should.”

The lady still had an uneasy expression on her face but nodded nonetheless. They told each other good night, before Sunggyu crawled underneath the blanket, lying next to the boy.

 

*********************

 

After a tempest a beautiful day filled with sun follows and so did it. The sun was shining brightly on the bed and slowly woke up one of the sleeping boys. He blinked a few times to wake his still heavy eye lids, he was immediately dazzled by the light, but after a while his eyes adjusted to the warm light.

He looked around and a cold shower run down his back. Where am I? What am I doing here? What is going on? He was starting to panic, but then he noticed a boy lying next to him and his beautiful hair caught his attention.

“It’s strawberry red.”- He mumbled and carefully touched the hair. He had never seen this boy in his life and he had never seen such a hair color, a combination of light red and blond; but it was beautiful, this person looked beautiful to him. He was so into staring at the stranger that he somehow didn’t notice that the other boy woke up.

Sunggyu opened his eyes and was met by the, now a lot healthier looking boy. He immediately sat up and took the boy’s hand in his.

“How are you feeling!? Are you alright? Does something hurt?” - Sunggyu placed his palm on the others forehand to look if he still had a fever but it felt like it was gone.

“I’m o-okay, thank you.”- The boy stuttered but couldn’t keep his eyes away from Sunggyu.

“What is your name? How old are you? Do you know what happened to you?”- Sunggyu couldn’t stop the questions from flowing out of his mouth - it’s not that usual to pick up someone in the middle of the night, saving that person from a possible death.

“I’m Woohyun and I’m 14 years but I...I don’t know. I can’t remember anything.” - The boy looked shocked about his own words but it was the truth besides his age and his first name all of his memories were gone.

“Woohyun, everything is going to be okay, alright? I’m Sunggyu and I’m 16 years old, nice to meet you!”- Sunggyu shook Woohyun’s hand furiously and then he noticed the younger’s right eye -  it was in the same shade of dark blue as his hair are, but the other eye was as dark as the night. Just as Sunggyu wanted to ask the boy about it Mrs. Yoon ran into the room.

“Sunggyu dear you have to hurry! Your father is looking for you, if you hurry to the fields now maybe he won’t notice that you were gone.” - She had to literally drag the boy out of the bed since he insisted on staying with Woohyun.

“Mrs. Yoon please! It seems, he has lost all his memories, I want to stay longer.”

“Darling please go now, you are going to get in serious troubles, I don’t want that. You can come back later, okay? I’ll look after him.”- She shoved him out of the room but Sunggyu wasn’t done talking with Woohyun, therefore he pressed his head back into the room.

“Woohyun I’ll come back later, okay?! Mrs. Yoon is a very, very nice lady, she helped me to take care of you last night, you can definitely trust her!”- He said before he was finally kicked out of the house.

Even though Sunggyu tried hard to get to the fields without being noticed by him father, he failed and received a few hard slaps in his face. He deserved it because he didn’t prepare breakfast and because he ditched his first hour of working on the fields his father said. If Sunggyu had to choose something that he hated the most than it would be his father; he couldn’t forgive this man. He did nothing but bad. Sunggyu used to be a big brother for his 4 little siblings but the man let the twins starve because they couldn’t sell them and due to their weak hearts they would have never been able to do the hard work on the field. And his two little brothers were sold as he had just turned 13. How he hated this man but his mother wasn’t better.

 

Even though his whole body hurt at night he still sneaked out to go to Woohyun, he promised the boy after all. He tip-toed to the back door and hoped nobody noticed, he would never tell his parents about Woohyun if he doesn’t have to - God knows what this people would do with this boy.

He walked to the orphanage and before he had even opened the door a timed laughed could be heard. Even though it was only a light laugh a smile still found its way on Sunggyu’s face and he entered the house, and just like he had hoped the laughing came from Woohyun. The boy looked not even a bit frighten anymore, unlike this morning. Only a bit timed but that was totally normal, thinking that he had just recently lost his memories and woke up at a place he had never been before

Woohyun was sitting on the big dining table along with Mrs. Yoon and the two seemed to talk about light topics like the first day of school and what the boy liked to eat.

“Hello Sunggyu! Mrs. Yoon is really nice, just like you said.”- He grinned lightly, to let the older know that he was already feeling a lot better compared to the shock of this morning. Woohyun waved his hand towards the table, wanting Sunggyu to join them instead of awkwardly standing at the door frame. Sunggyu nodded and took a seat right next to the boy.

Are you alright? Have you remembered anything since this morning?”- The boy looked sad for the first time and shook his head.

“Mhmm I see but chin up, they will come back in no time; I’m totally sure! Did you make a few friend in the meantime?”- Sunggyu was sure such an nice and open person would find friends within only minutes but Woohyun shook his head again, frowning lightly, seemingly remembering today’s classes.

“As soon as they look at me they walk away or are scared.”- He mumbled with small voice, feeling very uncomfortable.

“That must be due to your hair and eye color maybe.”

“What’s wrong with them?”

“Well, in my opinion nothing, the blue is beautiful, but everything that isn’t black or brown isn’t good here.”- Sunggyu explained and unknowingly touched his own colorful hair. He also had no friends but at least he wasn’t hunted or something for a matter that he couldn’t change anyway - he was born with such a hair color.

“Mhmm I see, there is a reason why I have this blue hair and that blue eye, I guess, but I can’t remember. Sunggyu, you also have such gorgeous colorful hair, do you have friends here then?”- The boy asked innocently with a little smile on his face, hoping the best, and couldn’t resist touching the fluffy hair of the older.

Sunggyu blushed a bit, never did anyone tell him that they actually liked his hair color. The people rather looked down on him for it. “No.”

“R-really?”- Woohyun felt as if all the color was leaving his face, not only did he woke up in a unknown place, no, he would probably stay alone since everybody run as soon as he came around.

“Hey no need to be depressed, I’m here. How about we to become friends? How does that sound?”- Sunggyu smiled softly and stretched out his hand. Woohyun looked at the hand for a second before he shook it, a smile making its way on his face.

“Okay then, I’ll be in your care.”

“Sure thing, let’s be good friends from now on.”

 

*************************

 

Woohyun was a true sunshine, his never breaking optimism and his care-free attitude made it so, so easy for Sunggyu to like the boy. In a way it was unbelievable for Sunggyu, he had been alone for such a long time and now he finally had a friend. It didn’t take long for the two to get a kind of routine in their life. During the day Woohyun went to school while Sunggyu worked hard on the fields, the less time he needed to finish his work the more time he could play with Woohyun. Therefore the two meet up during the evening time. They played, talked about random stuff and simply had fun together. But the first two weeks Sunggyu couldn’t shake off the fright he was feeling, he tried not to let it be shown on his face, but he was afraid that at some point Woohyun would be taken away from here. He was afraid that whoever had lost Woohyun that night would come back to get him. He absolutely doesn’t want that to happen, he has already sworn himself to hide the boy and even if he would get beaten from his father due to bringing home a “stranger”. Sunggyu wasn’t planning on introducing Woohyun anyways, if possible he wanted to keep Woohyun a secret from his parents.

Despite Sunggyu’s fright the weeks went by and Woohyun was still with him, living at Mrs. Yoon’s orphanage. And suddenly Sunggyu noticed how he was looking forward to every evening.

 

*********

 

“Sunggyu~ why can’t I go play with you on the fields? It mustn’t be tomorrow but I reallllly want to someday.”- It was already evening, the stars up in the sky. The two of them were lying on the fresh green grass, looking at the starry sky. But this question had been burning on Woohyun’s tongue for months already. By now he had been in this little village for around five months, he really liked it; he liked Mrs. Yoon and he liked Sunggyu but he still hadn’t remembered a thing from the time before he landed here which was rather bad in his opinion.

“Mhmmm? We play all the time, during the hot summer months, at the moment it’s way too hot to play there, you see?”- Sunggyu turned his body a bit so he was able to look at his younger friend who had the most adorable pout on his face that a human possibly could have.

“That’s not really an answer to my question…how about fall or winter then? During fall there a lot of colorful leaves lying around; it’s gonna be super fun! Or in winter we can build snowmen!”- The young boy chirped and sat up to wave around with his hands as if he was playing with thousands of imagined leaves before he went on to throw an imagined snowball right into Sunggyu’s face

Sunggyu sighed, even though he wasn’t very fond of the idea he couldn’t help but nod anyways, mouthing ‘winter‘.

“You are the best!!”- Woohyun exclaimed happily with a smile worth a thousand suns.

“Yeah, yeah I know. But I’ll tell you when you can come over, okay? You can’t just come without me knowing.”- Sunggyu explained while patting the grass next to him, signalizing Woohyun to lie down again.

The boy nodded enthusiastically and they continued to look at the stars; admiring their beauty. They totally lost track of time but one thing was for sure, it was quite cold by now.

Woohyun looked to the side, glancing at Sunggyu, whose face was lighten by the moon; making his already beautiful face look even more gorgeous. Woohyun was quite sure that he had never called a boy “beautiful” or “pretty” but that were the first thinks that came into his mind as he first saw Sunggyu and he still thinks so.  He noticed how the older boy was also a bit shivering just like himself and being sly Woohyun knew how to make his friend feel at least a bit warmer without him noticing the younger’s intentions.

“Sunggyu, I’m cold. Can I hug you?”- The boy whined and looked at his friend with big eyes, literally begging him to say yes.

Sunggyu wasn’t uttering even a single word but just stretched his arms up in the air, opening them for his friend. Woohyun gladly took the invitation. He laid his head on the others chest and shortly after he already felt two arms around him. Making him feel warm from the inside and the outside. He, himself, also wrapped his arms closely around his friend, hoping the older wouldn’t freeze anymore.

“I wished you could go to school with me.”- Woohyun mumbled lightly, already thinking about the upcoming Monday that meant going to school again.

“Where did that come from?”

“I don’t like the kids there and I learn a lot more when you teach me things. You’re a loooooot smarter than the teacher. Everything that you’d taught me I understood and still know.”- He grinned and nuzzled his face into Sunggyu’s warm chest.

“What are you saying? I’m not that smart, I only have a few books and if you go to school every day you’ll get a thousand times smarter than I am.”- Sunggyu said sadly but still tried to cover it. Nonetheless Woohyun noticed it.

“When I’m older I’ll buy you every book that you want, we can go to the capital and go shopping. We go and buy thousands of books, okay?”- Woohyun felt how his head was suddenly caressed with gently movements and then he heard a light chuckle.

“Okay, I won’t forget that then. Be prepared.”- They continued talking but at some point sleep got them which resulted in nothing but trouble. Woohyun was late for school and Sunggyu missed preparing breakfast. But they surely had enjoyed the evening.

 

The months passed, the leaves started to change color and the once green forest was dyed into shades of orange and red. Fall had come. The leaves fell down the tree, creating beautiful paths of colorfulness. Shortly after the winter started and even though the two of them had nearly spent every day together doing this and that, talking non-stop about more or less important topics, none of them forgot about the deal they made at the beginning of summer. While Woohyun was overjoyed, Sunggyu was still worried.

Woohyun looked out of the window of his classroom, they had switched seats around this week after so many months and now he was finally sitting near the window. He had already noticed, after only a few weeks, that he could spot Sunggyu working from that window. And ever since he had gotten this table he couldn’t help but stare out of the window focusing on his friend instead of his teacher. He would do his homework together with Sunggyu anyway, so why bother listening to this old nag.

The snow was falling down the sky, covering the whole village with a layer of white, cold crystals.

He couldn’t wait to get out of this classroom to head to Sunggyu. Yesterday the other promised him that he could visit him today. In the winter Sunggyu hadn’t had so much work to do so they were finally able to do stuff during the day not only the night. Due to some reasons, Sunggyu is still uncomfortable to talk about, Woohyun had never been at the older’s house before, but finally today would be the day to do so.

Turn around~ Turn around~- Woohyun thought as he looked immensely at Sunggyu’s back and as if the older had sensed his wish, he turned around. Woohyun immediately waved with a giant smile on his face which grew as he saw his friend waving back. His good mood was destroyed by the piece of chalk that was thrown at him.

“Woohyun stop waving and pay attention!”

 

“That idot.”- Sunggyu snickered with his cheeks lightly red, but his chuckled turned into a loud laugh as he saw his friend getting one piece of chalk after another into his face.

“Pay attention to class, you good-for-nothing!”- He muttered as Woohyun looked out of the window again, starting to watching him all over again. The younger immediately pouted and looked at the teacher instead, glancing to the window once in a while though.

 

*******************

 

Sunggyu’s parents were out and so where his older brother and the oldest among them was already married so he hadn’t seen her in years. But he wasn’t really seeing his brother either, but he didn’t really care. He waited for this day to come. He was about to walk to the door which lead directly to his  “room” but suddenly instead of standing next to the pile of snow he was lying right in the middle of it with a happy Woohyun on top of him.

“Hello! I missed you.”- The younger squealed and hugged his friend, pressing him even more into the cold snow. Nonetheless Sunggyu laughed and brought his arms up to Woohyun’s neck in order to hug him too.

“You fool, I’m going to be all wet and so will you.”

“I don’t care~”

“Silly boy, you are freaking heavy so get up.”

“Heyyyyyy! I’m not that heavy and even if I only have heavy bones, okay?!”- Woohyun stud and pulled his, madly laughing, friend with him in a smooth move.

“What are you, a girl?”- Sunggyu whipped away the tear that escaped his eyes from so much laughing.

“If I’m your girl, I’ll gladly will be one! Quit laughing and let me in! I’m cold.”

“Whose fault do you think it is that you’re cold?”- Sunggyu opened the door and waited for Woohyun to enter first whispering “Ladies first”, which got Woohyun slightly upset.

“Sunggyu you’re the down-to-earth and diligent from us two, stop making fun of me!”

“Yeah, yeah my Lady, would you care for a cup of tea? Should I serve it with milk since you’re such a sweet tongue or would you rather have a selection of the best cookies I can offer you, you beautiful girl form the east.”- Sunggyu tried his best to keep his act up but couldn’t stop the laughing at the end.

“Sometimes I hate you! But yes, I want tea with milk and I also want the cookies! Thank you for asking.”- He crossed his arms and sat down on a chair, turning away from Sunggyu. The older prepared the tea with a silly smile on his cherry lips.

He handed Woohyun his cup of herbal tea and placed a plate with delicious looking cookies on the middle of the small table.

“Come on don’t sulk, you can smile, I know that you want to smile since there is a bunch of cookies right in front of you.”- Sunggyu laughed, took one of the sweet baked goods and pressed it against Woohyun’s closed lips.

“Wooohyyunnnn come on! Be a good boy and eat it~ I baked them only for you, you hear! Woohyunnieee~ I know you want to eat one.”- Eventually Woohyun opened his lips and the cookie slipped in, leaving Sunggyu smiling.

“Since when am I ‘Woohyunnie’?”- He asked in between munching on the first cookie and shoving the next two in his mouth.

“Since now.”- Sunggyu snickered.

“Oh I see than you’re Gyu from now on, you need a nickname as well.”- Woohyun grinned happily and took a slip of the hot tea. As he looked up from his tea cup, he noticed that Sunggyu had a lot of crumbles around his mouth. How old are you five? - He thought and stretched his arm out, placing his hand on Sunggyu’s soft cheek in order to wipe the crumbles away.

“You know that you have to place the cookies in your mouth to eat them, right? Your skin can’t absorb them.”- Sunggyu was about to say something as the door was opened forcefully and afterwards everything happened so fast.

 

Sunggyu felt his blood frizzing as he saw his father entering the house. The man saw the two and immediately let the piece of wood he had in his hand fall onto the floor.

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! Is this a ing hotel or what? Who the hell gave you the permission to invite someone?!”- He shouted and walked to the table literally flipping it, causing everything to fall down including Woohyun, who he had shoved out of the way to get to his son.

“How much of a shame are you actually? You good-for-nothing, who isn’t even worth a good price on the market due to your hair, is also gay? Are you ing with me?”- He packed him by the collar and nearly choked Sunggyu with is strong grip. He felt how the burning pain was resulting in him shearing tears even though he didn’t want to do so.

“L-let me g-go…”- He whimpered, trying to breath while holding onto something so that he wouldn’t be suffocated. Not a second later he was already thrown on the floor and his father grabbed Woohyun’s arm. In that moment Woohyun finally woke up from his shocked state and looked at Sunggyu with a worried expression.

“So who are you?”- The man pulled him up and Woohyun could already hear his bone breaking under the enormous pressure.

“Don’t lay a hand on him!”- Sunggyu yelled and shoved his father to the side, hopping the man would let go of his friend’s arm. Fortunately, luck was on his side and the boy was free. He immediately took Woohyun’s hand and pulled him out of the house.

“Woohyun please go!”- He let go of his hand and shoved him into the direction of the orphanage.

“S-sunggyu what was that, a-are you alright?”- Woohyun was as pale as a piece of white paper, the shock still deep in his bones but before he could ask further he was already shoved more forcefully.

“Just go and don’t come back, okay?!”- Sunggyu panicked and continued to look back to his house, his father would come out in no time and he needed Woohyun to before the man could hurt him as well.

“No!”

“Please!”- Sunggyu begged with tears lingering in his eyes and then Woohyun had to give in.

“If you’re not coming over this evening I’ll check on you and if it’s the last thing I do, have you understood that?!”- He took Sunggyu’s hands in his and as the older boy nodded he run way. Not a second later Sunggyu’s father came out of the house, obviously looking for his son.

 

************************

 

“Time go by faster…”- He mumbled but the clock hand wasn’t moving.

Woohyun was sitting in his bed, staring at the clock. The time wasn’t passing. It felt as if he was sitting there for hours already. He wanted nothing than looking for Sunggyu. He was feeling so bad, so useless, back then he did nothing but sitting on his staring at the man who hurt his own flesh and blood. Was it his fault that Sunggyu was grabbed by his father like this? Because he wanted to come over?

A cracking noise could be heard and someone closing a door. The steps were so light that Woohyun didn’t need to ask who it was. He turned around immediately but his face gave away his emotions.

“S-Sunggyu.”- He run to the boy and nearly tripped over a pillow and knocked down his chair but he certainly cared less.

“D-does it look that bad?”-Sunggyu tried to smile it away and scratched his head a bit. Even though he tried to cover his injuries with his clothes they were still clearly visible and although he tried not to let his face show any pain, he still felt it. His milky white skin was covered in red and already blue turning bruises, on his throat was a crimson red butterfly, even his angel like face wasn’t spared from getting hit; his lip was cut and his cheek deep red. Despite all this he was still smiling and Woohyun couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“S-stop it Sunggyu.”- He slowed down and was about to touch his friend’s face but he stopped only millimeter before he touched Sunggyu’s arm.

“What?”- Sunggyu bit on his lip but still smiled.

“Your act. You are with me, you don’t have to be strong here. It’s my fault, hit me, scream at me, be angry but for God’s sake please don’t smile!”

“B-but…”

“No buts.”- Woohyun embraced him carefully, afraid to hurt him even more, and that was all that it took for the façade to crumble down. Not a second later Woohyun felt how two arms were seeking around his waist and how hot tears were hitting his shoulder.

“I-it hurts. I d-don’t want anymore. I hate t-this all.”- Sunggyu sobbed horribly and pressed his face unto the younger’s shoulder.

“I’m so sorry, it’s my fault and I did nothing to help you. But I‘ll protect you from now on, I‘ll do everything in my power! Please if you‘re in pain or if you struggle come to me. I‘ll have your back, a-alright?”- Sunggyu’s eyes widen by this and he pulled back a bit so he was able to look at Woohyun’s face. The younger looked as if he was at the verge of tears himself.

“It’s not your fault…it has always been like this.”- He brought his forehead to Woohyun’s and closed his eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. This evening Sunggyu told Woohyun everything that he had been hiding until now and it brought the younger to tears. Life is cruel but that was more than only cruel.

They lay in bed together, underneath a warm comforter after Woohyun took are of Sunggyu’s bruises. Actually the older should go home but he didn’t want to do, he was resting his head on Woohyun’s chest, right above his heart, listening to his slightly faster beating heart. He didn’t care about the consequences, he had already gotten beaten up therefore there couldn’t really happen more, he would never be killed because that man needed someone to work and he had nothing that he really cared for. Only one thing that he cherished and that was Woohyun. Now he was sure that it wasn’t his destiny to save Woohyun but Woohyun’s to save him. And he would already be playing with the thought of suicide if it weren’t for Woohyun, Woohyun had become his purpose. The purpose in life he was looking for, the person that cared for him.

As long as he had Woohyun by his side everything would be alright.

 

*********************

 

The seasons died one after another and both of them grew, they grew in both aspects mentally and physically. Nearly two years had passed by now and in this time a lot happened, from the first birthday party that the two celebrated together, even though none of them knew their own birthday, Woohyun forgot when he was born and Sunggyu never knew. To the first time that Woohyun couldn’t take it anymore that Sunggyu would come to him with an injury and he stormed off despite Sunggyu begging him to let it slip; sure it would have been a better idea not to punch the man but Woohyun just needed to do this. It wasn’t the last time, Woohyun had sworn himself. He wanted Sunggyu to be happy and not sad.

During the beginning of the second year that he had been together with Sunggyu, Woohyun finally realized what this feeling in his chest meant; this feeling that he had whenever Sunggyu cried, when he smiled or simple looked at him with his shimmer golden eyes - Love. Woohyun doesn’t know when it started but this burning sensation had probably been there for years without him noticing. So many things happened that brought them closer but there would be something to destroy everything.

 

Tomorrow would be the day but they weren’t aware of it.

 

**************

 

It was already winter again and the air was cold enough that your breathing could be seen. But the low temperature wasn’t something that hinder them from sitting outside watching how the sun was slowly disappearing behind a big, snow covered mountain. They were sitting closely underneath a tree on a dry spot. Holding hands, like they’d always do and looked at the mixing colors of red and orange. But today something was different, Woohyun was nervous.

Today is going to be the day, all in or nothing. - Woohyun was thinking non-stop, he wanted to do it today, he really wanted to confess, but how? He couldn’t thing of a proper way to do so. And then again he was scared about the answer he would be receiving if he gets one. What if Sunggyu doesn’t see him in that way? What if he’s grossed out by the younger’s feelings? Woohyun was definitely scared but on the other side he knew that Sunggyu wanted to be loved and he certainly wanted to be that person to give him as much love as he needed. He was filled with so much love he couldn’t bear it anymore, if you love someone with all your might you want that person to know about your feelings, right?

Woohyun looked to his side and then to their intervied fingers, a smile grew on his face, washing away all his worries. And suddenly he noticed something that was more that unusual for this time of the year, one single tulip was right underneath the tree, a flower which was as flourishing as beautifully as if it was spring.

“Hey Gyu, do you still remember that day were you tried to teach me something about flowers but I kept forgetting everything?”- Woohyun grinned and looked at Sunggyu.

“As if I could forget that day! Why are you asking?” - Woohyun pointed to the tulip and saw how Sunggyu’s mouth opened.

“What’s the meaning of it?”- He asked even though he still remembered clearly what it meant, maybe it was destiny that this flower was still there, something really wanted him to confess.

“How the hell is that flower still living? It means declaration of love and pure love.”

“Oh so this is basically a flower to confess your love for someone, right?”

“Yeah you would say so.”- Woohyun grinned and let go of Sunggyu’s hand to stand up, the confusion in Sunggyu’s face was clearly visible, he picked up the flower and kneeled in front of Sunggyu with the flower in his lightly trembling hand.

“Will you accept my feelings then?”- Woohyun asked with the tips of his ears all red.

“W-what? D-don’t joke around.”

“I would never joke about my love for you.”

“Y-your what?”- Sunggyu couldn’t believe what was happening at the moment.

“My love because I love you and not only as a friend, I want to be that someone special in your life.”- Woohyun smiled whole heartly and the setting of the sun right behind him.

It was the most overwhelming view that Sunggyu had ever seen in his life. Without him noticing a few tears left his face but not due to any negative feeling, he was in a bliss, he had never been that happy before actually. But Woohyun surely panicked.

“You’ve always been that special someone, you fool.”- Sunggyu grabbed the flower and placed a tender kiss on Woohyun’s full lips.

“I gave you my heart and my soul long ago.”- He whispered and looked into Woohyun’s eyes, they still fascinated him as much as on day one.

“They I’ll cherish them forever, never forget what I did and what I said today. I’m all yours and you are all mine then.”- Woohyun smiled loving.

 

Only one day later Woohyun was on his knees, tasting the irony taste of blood in his mouth while begging the people to stop. He couldn’t stop it, he tried but he was held back by three grown up men. He couldn’t save him. He couldn’t protect him, he was taken from him.

 

*********

 

“Please! Don’t do this! He is your son!!”- Woohyun was yelling with all his might and tried everything in his power to free himself from the grip of the men. But it was no good, he wasn’t strong enough, he had to see how they forced Sunggyu into a coach to bring him to the market. He should be sold.

“Because he is my son I’m going to sell him, it took me so long to find someone who would buy such an impure blood as he is.”- He said and looked down at the boy before he turned around to face his crying son. “Shut the up, crying will not help you.”

“D-don’t, everything b-but that, let me go. I... I can’t l-leave now! P-please.”- He would had begged on his knees but he was held up by two men that were just too strong. “Woohyun…”- Sunggyu sobbed and looked at his beloved being punched into a lump. Not a second later he received a slap himself.

“You ing ! Dare to touch him again!!”- Woohyun had never been angrier in his life than now. “Hey father!”- The man turned around and right in that moment Woohyun spit into his face. And before he received the punch that would knock him out completely he said the sentence Sunggyu would cling onto until Woohyun would come to save him.

“I love you more than anything and I’ll find you no matter where you are!”- Woohyun heard Sunggyu’s replay of ‘I love you too, please come back to me’ before he was sent into an early sleep.

 

***************

 

When Woohyun woke up again, three days later, Sunggyu was already gone. Nothing was tying him to this village besides Sunggyu, therefore he grabbed the things he would need, which was mostly money and a few clothes before he left this village. Not forgetting to stop by Sunggyu’s parents wishing them to die a horrible death and that they should rot in hell forever afterwards.

If Woohyun was honest he hadn’t had a clue how to get to the capital, not even a bit of a clue. He had been walking along the only street that was leading away from the village and hoped for the best, maybe a coach would come by eventually. Luck was on his side and in that moment an elegant black coach with pretentious blue ornaments, drawn by two raven black horses, came into his vision.

Wow that is some nice thing, must be from some really rich person, but I don’t really care. I just want to know how I can get to the capital and that fast! - He thought while he ran to the coach.

“Excuse me!”- He shouted up to the carter and hoped the man, with the blue sword on his right, would answer him. He did but only after Woohyun shouted the same thing three times.

“Boy are you stupid? Don’t you know who this is? Show some respect! We don’t have time for whatever you want.”- The carter explained annoyed and shook his head disbelieving from such a respect less person.

“No, I’m sorry I don’t know who you are or the person inside, but it is really important! I just have one question, please!”

“You’ve got some guts, young boy…”

“Please!”- The cater was about to whip the horses so they would speed up a bit but he was stopped as he heard his name being called.

“Howon, don’t. Stop the coach.”- A smooth voice spoke up and Howon had to do so then. He jumped down from the coach not forgetting to roll his eyes and walked to the door to open it.

“Milady, are you sure?”- He asked with a concern look on his face and the woman with her beautiful blue hair nodded. Afterwards he completely opened the door and turned around to the boy.

“Her Highness is willing to hear you out, so ask whatever is burden your heart.” - He said and looked at the boy who still had his hat so deep in his face that Howon wanted noting then to destroy it. So respect less. 

“H-her H-highness?“ - Woohyun let the words sink in and then he remembered that once Sunggyu taught him something about their kingdom having a Queen and a King, therefore this must be the Queen of Blulain. He immediately took of his hat and got on his knees,  much to Howon‘s liking.

“I’m sorry!! I didn‘t know!“- The lady only laughed ,shaking her head slightly.

“It‘s okay, you must be from a very small village, stand up. You‘re a son of Blulain. What is it that you are concern about?“- The lady asked with a smile on her face but as soon as the boy looked up, her blood froze and her heart stringed. Even though she was wearing a long blue dress, she immediately hopped out of the coach, on the dirty ground, and placed her hands on Woohyun‘s cheeks as the tears were falling down her eyes.

“Woohyun!“- She cried out and hugged the confused boy but the second he smelled the sweet scent of the Queen and felt her oh so familiar body warmth something snapped within him. His memories came back.

“M-mother.“- He mumbled with his mouth gaped, he finally remember the reason why his eye and his hair were dark blue, he was the prince of Bluelain. The royal blood of the royal domain of Bluele was running through his veins. The memories of the evening where he was kidnapped by the neighboring kingdom came back as well, he finally remember.

“W-we couldn‘t find you anywhere… I thought I would never see you again. How are you? Where were you the whole time? I missed you so much.“- The woman was overjoyed and hugged the boy with all her might before she placed a few kisses on her sons forehead. Her tears still running down her cheeks. She pulled him into the coach and told her catcher, and at the same time best knight of the royal army, Howon to go back to the palest as fast as possible. Whole Bluele and Bluelain should know that their lost prince Woohyun has returned.

 

*************

 

Sunggyu was sitting in the corner of a dark room looking out side the window, watching the golden sun arising, letting the darkness fade way into a bright orange. He wished with all his might that the man that had bought him, two weeks ago, wouldn‘t come in. He hated that man, he wanted to go back. He wanted to go back to Woohyun more that anything he had ever wanted in his life.

“Never forget what I did what I said, when I gave you all my heart and soul. Morning will come and I know we‘ll be one. Because I still believed that you remember me. Please come back to me~“ - He sang oh so lightly and tried to distract him from the pain the robes, around his arms and legs, caused him. Suddenly he hearted how the heavy steel door was opened and immediately the fright grew.

“It‘s already morning, no need to sing about that anymore, but I guess you didn‘t mean me by, come back to me‘?“- The man said grinning and kneeled down to grab Sunggyu‘s chin, forcefully.

“How about we do something naughty?“- He asked grinning and Sunggyu felt how tears were welling up in his eyes.

“P-please d-don‘t.“- He pleaded and shook his head.

“Mhmm, give me one good reason to stop now.“

“I a-already belong to someone.“

“Oh I see, well to bad that you‘re mine now.“

“I‘ll never be yours!“- Sunggyu said stern and looked deep into the man‘s eyes.

“Ha, I like your attitude, I give your prince in shining armor another two weeks to get you and if he really comes, I‘ll gladly hand you over. If not you‘ll do everything I want. What do you think?“

“Deal! He‘ll come just you wait!“

“Oh ho~ I‘m excited, see you in two weeks then~ No need to panic I‘ll continue giving you food and such.“- The man smirked and walked away, closing the door tightly. Leaving Sunggyu in the dark, cold room.

 

*********

 

The news of the returning of the long missed prince had spread like a wild fire, a big festival had already been held and parades were started every four days. The whole kingdom and especial the capital Bluele was at a bliss. The neighboring kingdom hadn‘t won a single thing, they couldn‘t capture the son of the Queen and the King, neither had they won the war.

Woohyun was quite overwhelmed by all this attention he was getting, he was surely happy that he got back to his actual family and that he also got his memories back, but one thing was missing - his new family.

It has already been three weeks since Woohyun last saw Sunggyu and he is getting more uneasy with every day. He needs to find Sunggyu. The longer the other  is with someone that has everything but good in mind, the less high is the chance of his beloved to be unharmed.

 

Woohyun was sitting on his bed looking outside his window, he had a great view above the city center from his chamber, but even though he could see so much from the beautiful city he needed to go to the dark parts. Unfortunately, almost the whole capital knew his face by now therefore he couldn‘t walk around freely. He always needed someone by his side and that someone happened to be Howon, who was still as grumpy as one day one.

Woohyun walked out of his room and of course the knight was standing next to the door.

“Hi Hoya~“- Woohyun grinned and you were able to see the disguise on Howon‘s face slowly creeping up by hearing his new nickname.

“Milord, do you have to call me like that?“- He asked and tried hard not to let his annoyance slip.

“Drop the Milord and yes I have, you need a nickname after all! But let‘s get to the important point, this city has a dark side, right? Like red light districts or something like that.“

“Uhm yes, every big city has such a thing, why are you asking?“

“Can you please take me there?“- Woohyun was afraid to look at the knight but at some point  he had to and just as he had imagined Howon looked shocked.

“I can‘t bring you there! What do you want in the red light district? This is a dangerous place.“- The knight warned and furiously shook his head, absolutely refusing to bring the prince to such a shady district of the capital.

“Please I‘m begging you, I need to find someone. He was sold and I can‘t think of any other place to start my search.“

“He was sold, you say? Then I wouldn‘t spent time looking, if somebody was sold then you can‘t find them anymore.“- Howon explained matter-of-factly and the prince looked at him angry before he walked to the flight of stairs.

“I‘ll find him, if you want to help me or not.“- He was about to walk down as he was stopped from the knight. He rather goes with the prince and protect him than that the prince will be hurt, the Queen would never forgive him and he, himself, probably wouldn‘t either.

“I‘ll help you, but do you have at least a bit of a plan? And who is that ‚he‘ you are looking for? Does he have any special feature?“

“He is Kim Sunggyu, 18 years old, my savior and the love of my life .He has a lot of features but the most noticeable must be his hair, it‘s a mix of blond and red. My plan is basically non existing since I‘ve never been in that part of the capital but I‘ll knock on every door if I have to, they know I‘m of royal blood therefore they would open the door, right?“- He explained and Howon saw the determined in the younger man‘s eyes.

“You‘re quite a handful, aren‘t you? Give me one day, okay? Don‘t do anything silly.“- He sighed and escorted the young prince back to his chamber.

 

Red, blond hair this is quite the feature, I should be able to find him. For the first time in my life my origins are going to be useful.- Howon thought and left the palest, of course making sure someone took his place in watching over the prince for him. Even though Howon had a high position among the royal residence he was still a child of the darkest parts of the capital. He was a child of the chrome district in other words the district in which the most human trafficking and ion was going on. He knew where he had to ask to get information about sold people and who bought them. He hoped only the best for the boy the prince was so desperate to find.

 

*************

 

The metal door that Sunggyu grew to hate on the one hand and love on the other was opened and relieved the black haired man with a grin on his face, Sunggyu wanted nothing but to simply rib off.

“Hey sweetie, how are you doing? Today is the last day for your prince to appear on my door step~ If not this night is going to be fun, as much as I know you‘re still a , right?“- The man was about to touch Sunggyu‘s soft lips with his thump but the boy turned his face away in speed of the light.

“Don‘t touch me, it‘s still some time left.“- He said disgusted by the man in front of him. He, of course, wanted to retort the stubborn boy but suddenly he heard knocks on his front door and Sunggyu breathed out in relieve.

“There is someone knocking, shouldn‘t you open the door for them?“- Sunggyu asked looking at the door rather than the man.

“Naww that person can wait, you have all my attention now.“- But the knocking didn‘t stop, it rather got louder and more aggressive.

“Jesus; I don‘t have time for this!“- He shouted so loud that the person who was knocking heard it as well.

“Then make time for it! The infantry should open its door for the prince of your kingdom, don‘t you think?“- The man behind the door yelled and knocked at the door again.

The black haired man rolled his eyes breathing out ‚Don‘t ing kidding me‘ and left Sunggyu, forgetting to close the door, therefore Sunggyu had clear sight to the door.

The man opened the door and much to his disbelieving a paper with the royal sign was pressed into his face and as he looked at the two persons in front of his door, his heart stopped. It was the royal knight of the royal army and the prince of Blule himself, his blue hair and eye didn‘t leave space to say otherwise. The man bowed immediately.

“Milord how can I help you today?“- He asked sweetly and looked at the boy with shining eyes. Howon noticed and stepped in between, hiding the prince from such a shady character.

“We are looking for someone, have you bought someone in the last four weeks?“- Howon asked and looked the man right into the eyes, uncovering the replay as a lie in an instant.

“No, I would never buy somebody~“

“Wrong answer.“- Howon said dryly and turned around to Woohyun who took of the hat that he was forced to wear.

Sunggyu couldn‘t believe his eyes as he saw who was standing at the door, being called a prince.

“Woohyun! Woohyun I‘m here!“- He yelled from the top of his lungs and Woohyun‘s head immediately snapped to the direction the voice came from. He didn‘t hesitated only a second to shove the man as well as Howon out of his way to get to the room Sunggyu was still kept in.

“S-Sunggyu.“- He feel onto his knees and hugged him with all his might before he took of the oh so tightly bonded robes from Sunggyu‘s body.

“I knew you would find me.“- Sunggyu whispered into Woohyun‘s chest as the younger boy was embracing him again.

“Of course, sorry that it took me so long.“

“No problem, you‘ve got my heart and my soul, therefore there wasn‘t much to lose anyway.“- Sunggyu snickered and tilted his head in order to place a sweet kiss on the lips he had missed so much.

“Can you stand?“- Woohyun asked, his voice filled with love, but before Sunggyu was even able to answer he was already carried by Woohyun.

He carried him out of the room and faced the man that had bought Sunggyu one month ago.

“I only take back what was mine to begin with.“

“Unbelievable, I was joking about ‚your prince‘ getting you and then it‘s really the prince. You sly fox you, seduced the prince of your kingdom.“- The man wasn‘t able to say anything more after Howon skillfully knocked him out.

“I‘ll take this bastard with me and you two take the coach, alright?“- Howon said and kicked the man on the floor once agan. Buying someone, then lying to the royal blood and now insulting the beloved of the prince; that was worth more than only a kick.

“Okay.“- Woohyun respond  and carefully placed Sunggyu on the soft leather seat.

“Give me one second, okay? I‘m right back.“- He smiled loving and placed a kiss on Sunggyu‘s forehead before he jumped from the coach. Approaching his knight.

“I am forever in your debt, thank you so much.“- He said and shortly after kneeled on the dirty ground his head right in front of  Howon‘s feet.

“Woohyun stand up, this is my duty as your knight. Go back now, I think he needs you now and I have that feeling he is burning to know why you‘re a prince.“- He pulled the prince up and ruffled his hair. You‘re a good boy after all.

Woohyun hurried back to the coach and literally jumped in, landing right next to Sunggyu.

“I‘m back~“

“Welcome back my prince, I love you.“

“I love you too, more that you can imagine.“- The prince grinned and closed the little distance between their lips.

 

********

 

The years went by in no time and in the same year were Woohyun celebrated his 21 birthday he placed the band of pure gold on Sunggyu‘s ring finger that would tie them forever. Sunggyu had been his family for years already but now he was officially his family.

Can an innocent and pure love like the love of the young prince of a big kingdom and the poor boy from a village, survive in such a dark and impure world like the one we are living in? Woohyun and Sunggyu didn‘t know but as long as they were holding each other‘s hand tightly, they would fight for their love to keep growing. The only bond that was stronger than blood was love after all.

 

I gave you all, my heat and my soul.

 


 

admin's note: have i ever mention that i love this kind of au so much? the royal stuff always make my heart excited. it was beautifully written, i love it. thank you for the hard work (soundsecret)