For xiearf

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: "Giri"

Pairing: Woogyu

Prompt: "Stop fangirling over him. I am more handsome than your freaking idol!"

(Words: 2,217)

 


 

“Do you want to come over?” 

Sunggyu’s promise of going on a date from a few days ago, cancelled for unknown reasons, unexpectedly changes into something more comfortable, and Woohyun immediately agrees. Sunggyu’s home might be his new favorite place to hang out, given the amount of time they spent in it together, and they settle on spending the evening there after classes to do nothing, maybe just watching a movie – their way of having dates.

They meet at the end of the day, Woohyun walking out and immediately spotting Sunggyu, comfortably resting against a wall, scrolling through his phone. 

“Hey there,” he nudges him, “what is a cute guy like you doing alone?”

Sunggyu looks up to him and plainly retorts, “You’re terrible at picking people up.”

“Says who?” Woohyun takes offense but grins, linking their arms together. “I picked you up.”

Sunggyu rolls his eyes and starts to walk ahead. Next to him, Woohyun is as excited as a pup, clinging on him and talking nonsense, and his teeth nearly hurt from cringing at all the greasy stuff the younger is putting up.

“Why are you acting like this?” Sunggyu laughs in the middle of the way, minding more about the younger’s stupid grin than his tug on his arm.

“I’m just happy,” Woohyun squeezes their palms together, then adds, with a serious face, “When you cancelled the other day, I thought you wanted to dump me.”

Sunggyu chortles into his fist, raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend’s dramatic nature. 

“Stop,” he knocks his forehead lightly, “I was just out to do some shopping.”

“I could have shopped with you!”

“You wouldn’t have liked it,” Sunggyu dismisses it with a casual shrugs, “I went out to buy new albums.”

Woohyun freezes.

“Albums?” He repeats, and Sunggyu’s ears get a bit redder – a bad sign. Woohyun immediately understands.

Turns out, he remembers, that this winter is the season for comebacks, and of course, of course he should have known that resident fanboy Kim Sunggyu would have bought his favorite idol’s albums.

 

Woohyun snorts as soon as he sees the new albums on the bed and practically jumps on it to toss the abhorred objects on the floor, making himself comfortable in the exact same place they were lying. Truth be told, if he could, he would even throw them out of the window this right instant but the problem is that he can’t, or at least, not unless he wants his sorry to get dumped, so he hisses mentally at the face on the cover like a stray cat would, the only way for him to express his disdain. On the neatly wrapped box, rising star Choi Minho is looking at him with what really looks like a mocking face, and Woohyun swears, if not for the sake of his relationship, he would not only throw it out of the window but also make sure that his face would not be visible anymore. Around him, everything is related to Minho in some way, and it makes him nearly sick. Albums are on the shelves, magazines piled up in a corner, posters rolled up beside the desk – luckily enough, Woohyun succeeded into not letting Sunggyu hang them – hell, even the laptop is paused on one of his shows, showing his face. He frowns, the amount of Minho in the room making him slightly overwhelmed. He simply can’t stand it.

Sunggyu steps into the room not long after him, still turned towards the stairs, assuring his mother a last time that they don’t need anything, and Woohyun stares at him with what he hopes is a disapproving glare, waiting for him to turn around and see him, glorious, lying on his bed where he belongs instead of the stupid albums, and stupid Minho. It feels like an eternity before he actually gets in and closes the door behind, lifting his gaze to be met with his but eventually, he notices, and Woohyun really does hope his stare is convincing enough to give away the fact that he isn’t backing up on this, ever.

One day, he’ll get rid of everything ‘Minho’ in this bedroom.

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu says plainly, nearly sighs, crossing his arms and pointing at the boxes on the floor.

“Sunggyu.”

They stare at each other, Sunggyu knowing very well his boyfriend’s aversion for his favorite idol but not quite wrapping his head around it.

It’s not like Woohyun hates him, but it’s not quite far away from it.

“Really?” He breaks the silence, looking at the boxes, then him again.

Woohyun plays the detached card, looking elsewhere as if he didn’t know what Sunggyu was talking about. It kind of feels like a toddler. Sunggyu comes closer, bends down to pick up his discarded albums from the floor and holds them.

“Hey,” he sits on the edge of the bed, first the younger’s kneecap, then leaning closer – and he observes with a certain satisfaction Woohyun’s eyes getting shifty before eventually looking at him, not able to ignore him any longer, “Don’t be like this,” he nudges him lightly by the shoulder, puckering his lips. He even goes so far as to press a couple kisses on his neck and jawline.

“Like what?” Woohyun feigns indifference, but it’s not really convincing. Sunggyu nuzzles against him, something so unusual that he has to blink a few times processing the thing.

“Like that,” he kisses him again, flattening his lips against the skin of his neck, something he knows Woohyun loves. “Do you want to unbox them with me?”

Woohyun groans, a bit weaker than he wished, because Sunggyu always knows how to pamper him the right way and make him surrender, but the albums he is holding in his arms are digging quite uncomfortably into his ribs, just like Minho reminding him that he’s here too, just to annoy him.

“Do you have to do it now? Really?” He takes a softer tone, pouting, and ducks his head down to match with Sunggyu’s height in the bed, their faces only mere centimeters away from each other, “I’d rather do something else while we are together, you know.”

Sunggyu chuckles, looking at him through his lashes with something that is halfway between fondness and disapproval. Woohyun tries to control his fluttery heart, already feeling his resolve slipping away from his brain.

“I would really like it if you did this with me,” the older breathes against his lips before closing the gap, tenderly kissing him while the albums still dig into his ribcage, the edges even hurting a bit – damned Minho.

“That’s really unfair to use this on me,” Woohyun says as he pulls away, eyeing the albums with still a dark glare, “How am I supposed to say no now?”

“So are you going to unbox them with me?”

He sighs, slowly getting into a seating position. It’s not that Woohyun hasn’t any will, but it’s hard for him to refuse anything to his boyfriend when he is acting like that, all soft and smiley. He glares at the albums down in Sunggyu’s arms, bumps their heads lightly together.

“I don’t know why I am doing this.”

 “To get laid,” Sunggyu points out almost humorlessly – almost, and Woohyun winds an arm around his waist and kisses his temple – “sure thing,” he says quietly into his hair.

 

But Woohyun changes his mind after only the five first minutes, five first minutes of painfully enduring Sunggyu gushing over Minho, gasping at the photo card and going through the photobook with a barely repressed emotion; a sight way too hard to endure even while used to it. Woohyun changes his mind and he wants to do something else, something entirely different, just anything that hasn’t anything to do with unboxing. He doesn’t say anything though, holding everything in to let Sunggyu enjoy this moment but even staying silent is hard, seeing how the older literally fangirls over his idol – not even talking about pretending to sound excited, but luckily enough Sunggyu isn’t asking him too much on that side. 

It’s even hard to believe, knowing how composed Sunggyu has always acted outside of their intimacy, but Woohyun has to watch it, helpless, Sunggyu excitedly talking and getting all of these feelings over a printed person – not even any printed person, but really, printed Minho.

His chirping turns into a mere background sound as Woohyun shuts his ears and simply looks elsewhere, feeling dizzy like he always felt while being around Sunggyu but in another way, a way that makes him want to either run away or throw all of the albums on the floor and make out with his boyfriend for the next couple hours, just to make sure Sunggyu is still his boyfriend and not Minho’s – even his name sounds bad, Woohyun thinks in all dishonesty. Running away isn’t however a possible option, seeing how Sunggyu is comfortably lying against him while flicking through the photobook, and especially seeing how himself doesn’t want to pull away from him at all; therefore, he obviously has no other choice but to take delicately everything out of his boyfriend’s hands and put them on the floor to get his attention or better, a kiss – obviously.

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu whines when the latter removes the photobook from his hand, with that cutely annoyed tone Woohyun knows by heart.

“I’m sorry, but I really can’t stand it,” he replies, rather seriously, making the other face him, “and I really don’t understand why you’re so in love with that guy, I mean, it’s not like he is special or anything, he isn’t even that handsome.”

The sentence is enough to immediately cast a silence between them, Sunggyu processing the thought. Then, he giggles, and Woohyun watches with horror his boyfriend’s gaze getting lighter with understanding and his smile growing wider.

“Woohyun,” he grins, squinting his eyes.

“What,” Woohyun tries to dodge him but he is leaning dangerously closer.

“Are you perhaps…” Sunggyu looks up, as if looking for the most accurate word, “Jealous?”

Woohyun his lips, still trying to find a way to get away because Sunggyu is close, too close and his brain doesn’t want to function properly all of a sudden, and this is rather bad news when one is about to get confronted – or worse, teased – by Kim Sunggyu.

“Because you know,” Sunggyu lowers his voice and their faces are once again only an inch away, “You don’t need to get jealous…”

One of his hand is quite disturbingly his thigh and Woohyun hitches a breath;

“Really, don’t I?” He brings his own hand to the small of his back and leans in even closer, if possible, closing his eyes in anticipation.

He’s met with the softness of a pillow over his face instead of Sunggyu’s plump lips against his own.

“I knew it! You’re just jealous!”

Way, way further away is sitting Sunggyu who backed up with his arms crossed, a look of triumph on his face, and Woohyun groans into the fabric with an indignant sound.

“Why did you do that?”

“There wasn’t any good reason,” Sunggyu accuses, or laughs, it’s kind of hard to know, “You were just jealous all along, jealous of Minho!”

“Come on,” he squeezes on the pillow, helplessly letting his head rest on it, “Don’t be like this with me…”

“I can’t believe you’re just jealous…”

“Please,” Woohyun rolls his eyes and tosses the pillow aside to get to Sunggyu again, “You’re talking about him as if he was the savior of humanity – ‘he is the savior of music,’ the older argues – and the most attractive ever, when obviously,” he grins as he gets on top of him, seductively cocking his head to one side, “I am more handsome than him, and real, and your boyfriend.”

“Excuse,” Sunggyu scoffs while looking away, as if he didn’t find him the most attractive ever, in spite of his smile and the blush that is creeping across his cheeks.

“You can allow me to be a tiny bit jealous, right?”

Woohyun is leaning closer, taking his soft tone again, and he comes to kiss him. The contact is gentle, not any albums pressing between them, only Woohyun straddling him and cupping his face. Sunggyu lets him do, too busy doing as if he was considering it. But Woohyun is pecking him repeatedly now, chuckling in between because he knows he isn’t really being serious, just putting up an act for the sake of it. Even his lips are itching from refraining a smile.

“Minho is real too,” he gives in but says it anyway, just to tease, and Woohyun hushes their laughter by pressing their lips together longer.

 

The albums and photobooks stay on the floor, and Woohyun stays on the bed in their former place, which is kind of a victory over Minho. He quickly forgets about it, anyway, too busy making out with Sunggyu – and that is one of the points where he prides himself into not letting anyone ever, not even Minho getting in his way; but the thought still flashes into his mind:

“I’m singing well too, so why aren’t I your favorite?”

But Sunggyu just laughs and pulls him into a kiss again.

It’s okay.

Woohyun knows he’ll get there eventually.

 


 

admin's note: i always like the idea of woohyun being very very childish and  a jealous brat where sunggyu is there to . it is sweet and funny at the same time. good work! (soundsecret)