The Nerve

It's Hard for Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The task had been simple, pick twenty potatoes and twenty carrots from the garden while telling each other tid bits about what made us, us. Yet, somehow amidst the pulling, grunting, and aching of my lower back and knees Seungri had managed to call me every belittling thing in the book. And I was going to kill him. In order to prevent a potentially hazardous situation, one in which Big Bang's youngest member suffered a tragic accident, I had made my way to the other side of the facilities thirty row garden. Settling down in a patch of mint leaves I leaned against the white picket fence surrounding the garden, the sun warmed wood sending welcomed waves of comfort to pulse along my spine.

What was the point of this exercise?

A part of me wondered, plucking a fresh leaf from one of the young sprouts popping it into my mouth beginning to chew it. Sure, if we had actually said anything to each other than maybe we would have reached some common ground, but from the moment we stepped away from the group we had fallen into a deafening silence. One in which he refused to look in my direction, and I occupied myself with whistling the last song I'd had the chance of listening to before coming here. He seemed to get annoyed with me pretty quickly, but, to his credit, he didn't say a thing, at least not until we had entered the garden and were securely stuck behind a wood door. From then on it was "That's not right...are you a dummy...just move you idiot." Yeah. All I learned in the thirty minutes of being out here was that a) Seungri was just as much of a jerk with the group as he was alone and b) he was a giant pain in the . Spitting out the drained leaf I snatched another before standing cracking my back as much as I could I began looking through the garden. Dr.Lacava had made sure that the house could be self sustaining, lining every inch of his garden with every spice, herb and food you could imagine. What he couldn't fit in here he had delivered straight to the door, where Nurse Bom, the only one having the code to open the place, would bring it in and stock the fridge and cupboards. If there was one thing I was certain of it was that without Nurse Bom we would all probably be dead by now, or at least a lot less privileged than we were.

Looking up into the sky I smiled at the clouds, the way in which one white ball merged with another to form something beautiful. Even with all the stress of the day it was still a lovely one, a cool breeze carrying the scent of Lilies blew by ruffling my hair making it sway to and fro. Lifting my arms to the sky I closed my eyes the warmth of the sun against my skin filling me with a subtle happiness I couldn't quite describe, as though I was another leaf strung from a branch basking in its glory. This was peace at it's finest. 

"Ahh!" Seungri's voice split through the silence sending me whipping around in shock. Racing down the paths I tried to avoid every flower the best as I could, leaping over the vines that had managed to grow out into the path. Turning past the potatoes I found Seungri sprawled out in front of the carrots wiping madly at his neck and face.

Please log in to read the full chapter