What'cha ya in for?

It's Hard for Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is the hardest bed I've ever laid on.

Twisting my body around I found a semi-soft spot in the firm mattress to relax on, the cotton doing little good against the iron springs within the mattress frame. Looking out the window I watched the nimbus clouds roll by, each one bunched to form a picture in the sky for me to smile at. Since I was a child I loved staring up at the sky, whether it was animal shaped clouds or glittering white stars the act of simple wonder made the real world seem less real, less harsh for a girl of five. Now that I was older I found that the sky still aided in sweetening my reality, but the staying power was not as it once was, and reality has a way of rearing its ugly head no matter where you looked. Even now, as I tried to forget this house and the crazy men that live within it, all I could think about was the mess I was in. I hadn't even done anything to get here, sure a small fire was something to be punished for, but it wasn't intentional, at least I don't think that it was. The thought alone made me sit up, had I done it intentionally? Had I really wanted to see my grandmother's shed go up in flames?

NO

That couldn't be true I wasn't a bad kid, bored maybe, adventurous yes, but bad no. Running my fingers through my hair I scratched at my scalp in an attempt to get rid of the climbing stress of the day. From the flight over here, to Dr.Lacava's insistence in group participation, to that Seungri guy chasing me up the stairs my nerves were fried. This was just too much for one person to handle alone. Thinking of Seungri made me snort, that guy was one egotistical jerk if ever there was one. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be chased to my room for not knowing who a singing group was. What did Seung-hyun call them?

Big Bang.

Right. Big Bang, an apparent big deal to millions of people world wide. Well sorry if I hadn't been allowed much time to catch up on my music, I was too busy doing everything my mom didn't have time for, like cooking and cleaning. She had been so preoccupied with getting the men she was involved with's approval that she didn't have much time to worry about me. Swallowing the forming lump in my throat I turned my head to stare out the window again, I didn't want to think about that right now, I couldn't afford to have a break down. Especially, in a place like this hell house where I had no one to support me, not that I'd ever really had that anyway, but still I felt more like an outcast here than I did back home. Just when I'd settled on making an escape plan a knock on the door broke me from my thoughts.

Who could that be? I wondered. I hadn't been expecting Nurse Bom to come by, she had already visited about an hour after I'd locked myself in my room. It wasn't to ask how I was feeling or anything like that, she just wanted to give me my paints and a small piece of red foiled candy. My guess was it was her way of apologizing for Seungri's actions. It was going to take a lot more than a piece of candy to do that. The knock came again this time a little louder and I decided that I'd better answer it, lord only knew what she would tell Dr. Lacava if I didn't open the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I huffed, forcing my legs off the bed to settle against the cool wood flooring; my princess socks effectively keeping the chill away from my tired feet. "Yeah what is it?" I said only to find that Nurse Bom wasn't Nurse Bom at all, instead, she was one of the men I'd met down stairs earlier that day. "Oh it's you...I'm sorry what's your name again?" I asked tentatively, not wanting the same reaction to come out of this one as with Seungri.

"I'm Kang Daesung. D-lite or Dae is fine too," his gentle voice calmed me a little, his bright smile forcing one to appear on my own lips.

"That's right Daesung. I'm sorry. It's just a lot to take in you know? Your friend down there didn't exactly let me get acquainted with everyone," I said resting my arm against the door while I looked him over. He was much taller than I'd expected him to be, from where he had been sitting I assumed that he was shorter than I was, but to my surprise we were the same height. Apart from his contagious smile I couldn't really make out the rest of his face his hair effectively hiding his eyes from the world. I wondered if that ever bothered him.

"It gets annoying sometimes," he smiled again.

Oh great he's in my mind.

"How did you know?"

"You were starring pretty hard just than, and since you were looking at my face I took a guess. Either that or you think I'm ugly right?" Daesung faced lowered to a small grin as he waited for my response.

"Ugly? I wouldn't say your ugly? Not with skin like that, how could you be?" I laughed. Taking a step back I let the door swing open allowing him enough space to move around me. "You want to come in? Unless you like the hallway. Your choice." He seemed hesitant at first, as though entering my room was going too far, but after a moments thought he decided for it and entered giving me a small bow as he went. That's when I noticed how bright and shiny his jacket was, the baby pink color sparkling against the evening sunlight. "You sure dress confidently. I don't think I could ever wear something that eye catching," I stated taking a seat at my computer desk. "Please sit," I motioned for him to take the bed which he did immediately.

"Oh, well my stylist picked this out for me. It is a bit shiny isn't." He adjusted each sleeve giving it a once over before looking at me. I wasn't dressed to impress by any means, and I certainly hadn't been dressed by someone else. I was wearing what was comfortable, what I could breathe in, who did I have to impress anyway. Looking down at my attire I noted the dark fabric a pair of black form fitting jeans with a green tee that read 'can I help you' in large pink letters. Over that I had a black hoodie and matching converse to complete the ensemble, the only thing that didn't really match were my princess socks which were a brilliant shade of purple.

"Princess huh?" Daesung said pointing at my socks.

"Yeah, my mom gave them to me when I was younger, I haven't grown much since than and never saw a need to throw them out," I explained earning another sunny smile from him.

"That's alright by me,

Please log in to read the full chapter