Failure in Success

It's Hard for Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

What in the ?

"It's called a back and forth. An exercise in expressing feelings towards another individual that you might otherwise not be able to do," we were standing in two lines facing each other along the front of Dr.Lacava's desk. The man had graced us with his presence thanks to my wall painting incident. He found it so enlightening that he made the trip to see it in person. Leaning back in his office chair he waited for his words to sink in before continuing, "think of it as a way to open up. Really get to know the feelings of the person in front of you. You'll have two minutes to express your feelings before rotating to the right. I want honesty people, and commitment to this assignment," he smiled proudly. 

"This is bull," Seungri whispered beside me. 

"I don't know it might be helpful," I smiled at him. Seungri gave me a dirty looked mixed with confusion and judgment, the man could make a face that said everything his mouth wanted to, didn't stop him from talking though. 

"What the hell happened to you? You threw some paint on a wall and suddenly your miss recovery,"

"Oh, it's only because I found out how exciting life could be when living it through Seungri's eyes," I poked his nose for good measure. Seungri recoiled from me snorting his nose at my actions, but he was smiling so I took it that he wasn't actually mad. 

"Hey watch it, you'll ruin the Cutie's clothes," Seunghyun smiled, he was my first partner in this activity. Ever since I'd told him about the painting he had taken it upon himself to call me cute and watch over me like some sort of guard dog. He found my confession cute and wanted to baby me because of it, I wasn't sure I liked it all that much but I had never seen Seunghyun so active. 

"I'm okay oppa, really," I whispered to him. 

"Hey when do I get to be called oppa?" Daesung whispered, he was standing right beside Seunghyun.

"Shh, Oppa is talking to his Dongsaeng," Seunghyun warned Daesung. 

"Daesung you can't be oppa. You're Dae, besides you're suppose to be talking to Youngbae."

"Really, I'm feeling pretty neglected over here," Youngbae's face was enough to make me laugh. Covering my mouth I tried to remain quiet while the exercise continued on. The exercise was interesting, to say the least, I hadn't really learned anything all that deep about the others feelings for me, and they had learned all I had to say last night. Still, it was nice to get some one on one time with each of them; even if it was only for two minutes. Youngbae had just finished telling me how I reminded him of an innocent bunny rabbit when Dr.Lacava said switch. Following Seunghyun in the line I made my way to my next partner, the orange haired man cocking an eyebrow at me even before we stopped to talk. 

"You make me feel ," he spoke with a devils grin spread across his lips. I couldn't help my laughter this time and was coughed at by Dr.Lacava to stay focused. 

This idiot.

"Can you take this seriously, please," I smiled at him. 

"I take very seriously," he laughed, reaching out to brush a strand of my hair behind my ears. 

"Mr. Kwon, this is an exercise of words. Not touch,"

"Right sir. Won't happen again," Jiyong saluted Dr. Lacava. I didn't shy away from his eyes earning a proud smile from the man. "I wrote a song about you," he said at last.

"A song?"

"Yeah, it's not quiet done yet, but when it's finished I think it'll be a hit," he shook his head in agreement with his words. 

"Well what's it about? Besides me."

"Love, of course, and other stuff."

"Like what?" I hit at his arm, "come on you can't say that you wrote a song about someone and not tell them what it's about."

"Sure I can. Besides, it's not ready yet."

"Well can I at least hear a little of it?"

"Switch!" I shot a pleading glance at Dr. Lacava whose only reaction was to swirl his finger in a circle. By the time our session was over all I wanted to do was jump Jiyong in the hallway to get the song out of him, but for having orange hair he sure knew how to disappear in a hurry. 

"Where did Jiyong go?" I asked looking around the room. 

"He has a test today I think," Youngbae answered, moving the chairs back into their proper place; Youngbae had a habit of cleaning up when Dr. Lacava was around, he might not agree with the man all the time but he respected him enough to make him feel important when he was around. 

"A test? Damn, maybe I can catch him before he goes," I knew this song was going to weigh on my mind. I needed to know what he had said about me, and I needed to know now. 

"Good luck trying to catch him. When it's test day Jiyong is flying," Seunghyun warned. 

"I guess those test dummies really know how to move," Seungri laughed, making ing motions with his hips. 

"Mature," I grimaced at him. 

"You love it." Shaking my head at him I raced out of the room and out back, looking around I noticed Jiyong ushering a young lady, a red head this time, towards the back of the woods, and while a part of me didn't want to interrupt his test, another part, the bigger part, wanted nothing more than to ruin everything for the sake of myself. 

You can't. It's not about you, this is his test, you can wait. I don't want to wait, okay, I'll call to him once. If he stops I'll go if not no big deal. 

"Jiyong!" I called after him. I watched the couple stop, the young woman looked behind her in curiosity but Jiyong didn't even move, he simply stared ahead before deciding to walk again. I felt my heart twitch at his decision, sure I understood that she was going to put out and Jiyong was very much a man, but a small part of me had hoped me would have chose me instead. 

"That's okay. I'll just wait no trouble," I took a deep breath, recalling Youngbae's calming face to help me through my growing anxiety. When I was sure I had a handle on my rejection I made my way back inside to find someone to talk to. Lucky for me Daesung was happily spread out on the floor watching something on television. "Mind if I sit here?" I asked pointing to his opened legs. 

"Yeah sure," he smiled, moving back so that his back rested against the couch. Taking my spot in between his legs I lay on his stomach watching the show he had put on. "So, this is different," Daesung's tentative voice spoke softly behind me. 

"If it makes you uncomfortable I can move

Please log in to read the full chapter