The Bet is on!

It's Hard for Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

I wasn't sure how far off the bed I'd jumped, but judging from the pain that shot through my I suspected it was quite high. I'd landed on the cold ground the grass damp beneath my red bathrobe. "Who's there?" I asked, scooting backwards away from the mattress I'd once been laying on hitting the pole of what appeared to be a random shower head behind me.

"Aw how cute you are. All scared as though you've seen a monster," the honey smooth voice of Kwon Jiyong answered with a chuckle. I watched as he rose from his spot behind the metal bed frame, his face only half visible to me lit by the strip of moon hanging above us.

What was he doing out here? Had he just been laying on the ground for the heck of it?

"Don't worry," he said. "I'm not a monster, I just like to bite a little," his lips creeping into a smirk that in any other scenario would have been damn y and hard to resist, but not now. Not when it was just him and I alone in a strange place with no lighting, and only a house full of his closest friends to hear me scream. That tempting smirk that touched his seductive eyes was dangerous, hungry for whatever his mind had twirling around within it. He seemed to be amused at my stiffening body because he only tilted his head to the side, allowing his bright orange hair to fall over his transfixed gaze. I felt myself shiver under his gaze, he seemed so in control in these moments and I felt as though any minute now I would become another puppet in his puppet show. Shaking my head I closed my eyes trying to pull myself together.

Come on name pull yourself together, you've dealt with tougher things than this guy. No matter how hot he is.

Opening my eyes I nearly rammed my head against the pole I'd been leaning on; startled by the same smoldering eyes now only a mere few inches from my own. It was dumb to close my eyes, it had given him the perfect opportunity to move in without me noticing, he had settled himself between my knees and was staring at me with light amusement. "Come on I'm not that scary am I?" He laughed moving a strong hand in front of his face to cover up his smile.  Up close I noticed how refined he was his long narrow nose sat perfectly in the middle of his round face, his thin lips pulled apart in a smirk that made him seem mischievous and playful. Upon closer inspection of his eyes I was surprised by how sensitive they seemed, as though all the world could tell what he was thinking just by looking into his eyes.  "Like what you see?"

Yes.

"No! I bet this bad boy act works on other girls, but I don't buy it one bit," I had regained some of my composure now, straightening my body along the pole I did the best I could to get some distance between us. Jiyong must have known what I was doing because he simply leaned forward to keep the distance as it had been before, against my will I could feel my cheeks heating up. I hadn't been around many guys in my life, I didn't have much time to do the whole girly routine of trying to get a boyfriend, I had better things to do with my time; worrying about something that was only temporary like love was not one of them. "Can you...can you move," I stuttered to my anger earning another smile from him only this one was sweet somehow.

"The magic words,"

"Now!"

"Tsk, tsk now that doesn't make me want to move anywhere. In fact, I only seem to want to move closer," he grinned pressing ever so slightly forward our noses grazing each other as he did. My heart was racing in my chest I couldn't let this happen, I didn't come out here to be turned into someone's victim I was strong and that's how I had to stay. With as much strength as I could muster I gave him one hard shove, knocking him back enough for me to slip free of the closeness. Making a mad dash for the back door I didn't bother looking back to see if he was pursuing me, instead I ran to the safety of the house. It wasn't until I reached my prison cell room with the door properly secured did I stop to breathe, letting my chest rise and fall as I stared at the plain concrete ceiling.

That was close.

I felt as though my lungs were going to collapse, I hadn't done any real form of running for years and didn't suspect I'd be doing much tonight either. Pushing off the door I moved to look out the window trying to hide myself behind the wall as I snuck a look outside. Jiyong was simply sitting where I'd left him his arms hung over his spread bent knees, his face pointed towards my window. I watched as he ran a hand through his tossed hair his face scrunched in what I assumed was disappointment. "Good. Serves you right," I congratulated myself. Though apart of me wondered if I'd over reacted just a little, I mean before he had only complimented me, sure he had invaded my personal bubble but he hadn't actually attempted to do anything with the gained ground. Was he only messing around? Whether he was or not, I didn't find it very funny, it had embarrassed me to say the very least. Besides, who did he think he was kidding? A guy like him calling a girl like me beautiful was clearly apart of some cruel joke, I felt my face heat up again only this time with anger. Glaring down at him he gave me a gentle wave.

Damn it! Can he see me?

Hiding further behind the wall I waited for a moment before attempting another peak, he was standing now his arms on his hips as he looked at me. I watched him stretch the length of his body out shaking his feet for good measure before moving to the mattress he'd been hiding behind earlier, picking up the orange bed sheet he wiggled his way under it blowing me one final kiss before laying down. Catching the kiss with my hands I stared at my fist for a long moment, who was this guy? And what did he think he was doing teasing me like that, throwing the imaginary kiss away I headed for my own bed. I was too tired to think about Jiyong or Daesung or Seungri or least of all this place, I was thoroughly exhausted and all I wanted to do was shut my eyes.

Morning came entirely too early for me, the sun glaring down through my curtain less window forced me to get up and face the day, whether I wanted to or not. Getting up I dressed in the usual jeans and tight tee only this time, for reasons of laziness, I added a fitted snapback to cover my bed head. Stumbling to my door I let my head rest against the frame for a moment, I really didn't need to eat, I could just lay with the covers over my head and sleep some more. It was then I remembered what I promised Dae before he left, we were going to have breakfast together and I was betting that he was downstairs now waiting for me. Pulling the door open I was glad to see the hallways empty, nothing but odd paintings hanging all about me. Taking a look at Daesung's painting I noted the heavy handed of a man far too concentrated on something that should have been a simple assignment, I could tell by the crowded shapes and figures that he felt weighed down by his work. Moving further down I noticed the other paintings as well, one seemed far too perfect to have been done by anyone else but a painter, each line perfectly placed to depict a black dot within a large cage.

I wonder who painted this?

I didn't give it much thought though as I moved along spotting what I could only imagine to be Jiyong's painting, it was of a woman curved in a way that displayed all her assets to the room. It wasn't the best painting in the world, but I was wil

Please log in to read the full chapter