Chapter 6.

Moonlight

Hara felt someone staring at her as she was in class. She didn't bother to see who it was, she knew it was Kai. When she would be talking to Sehun, she could feel Kai watching them from a distance. When she was at her locker or she walking in the hall, he would appear out of no where and give her a death stare. Kai never spoke to her and she didn't bother to talk to him, Hara didn't want to go near Kai.

"Okay class, we will be having a project," her teacher stared to say," and for this project you will be working in groups of three." Everyone in the class started to cheer and Hara remained calm; she didn't get to know much people from her physics class. Hara felt someone tap her elbow and when she turned around there was a female smiling at her. "You can work with us," she kindly said and she pointed to herself and her friend.

Hara felt a wave of relief, "thank you."

"Sorry to ruin all the fun, but since this is worth 30% of your mark I decided to form the group myself," the teacher called out, "because I know that some of you would choose to work with the wrong people."

Their teacher called out the groups that he formed," group three is, Kai, Chanyeol and Hara." She sat straight when she heard her name being called.

Kai? Chanyeol? Me? Me? Are you serious? This has to be a mistake!

Hara felt like she was in a nightmare, this couldn't be happening. Why was she put in with Kai and Chanyeol? Why her? She waited for the teacher to finish the list, hoping that he would call out her name but he didn't. Hara put her head down, why Kai and I? Who is Chanyeol?

As she heard everyone else get into their groups, she overheard Kai's and Chanyeol's conversation, "Come on Kai, we have to talk to her."

"You go, I'm staying here." "But I don't even know her!" "Neither do I!" Chanyeol sighed," Okay I understand how you have your weird speculations about her, but Kai just chill a little. I'm pretty sure it's just your sense playing around with you." Kai remained on his seat," She's not normal."

I'm not normal? Weird speculations about me? 

"Kai, give it a break," the male snapped, "we're going to her, now."

Hara heard their footsteps approaching her and before they reached her desk, she put her head up.

"Hara..." Chanyeol started off as he grabbed a chair and placed it in front of her desk. He sat on it and mentioned for Kai to take a seat too, but Kai refused. "Anyways, I'm Chanyeol and this," he mentioned with a smile waving his in front of Kai ,"is Kai."

"I've noticed," she mumbled looking past Chanyeols shoulders. He was handsomely tall and had a great smile. "If you want I can just do the project myself and then--" She was cut off by Kai, to her surprise. "Look, Hara. We're not like the other stupid kids who don't give a about their projects okay. So don't make werid specualtions about people if you don't know them." He snapped at her.

She felt anger starting to boil in her beins. Who is this kid think he is? He's a hypocrite. 

Chanyeol hissed at Kai, and Hara swore that she saw his eyes changed colours for a second. It went from brown to an emerald colour. No, she was positive that his eyes changed colours, "Your eyes." She started off not caring about the signals that her brain told her to shut up. "They changed colours."

Kai and Chanyeol looked at each other, like they were both in surprise. Something happened that took Hara in surprise too. She like her nasal cavity opened, and she was slammed in the face with different scents.

She smelt flesh? Raw meat? She smelt something that was stronger of the smell of meat. She smelt pine trees and a mix of mint.

Werewolf. Werewolf. Werewolf. Werewolf. It's them.

Those words were suddenly running through her brain when she got the strong new scent. Oh, no..not again.

"Did you just say that you saw my eyes change colour," Chanyeol said with a chuckle. "What colour did they change to?"

"Emerald." She simply replied, and she was Chanyeol gulp. He got up from his seat, looking at his watch. "Class is going to end in a couple of minuets, so I'm going to get going." The boys didn't even discuss with her what they were going to do with their project. "What about the project?" She asked, and Chanyeol went into his pocket grabbing out his phone, "We'll just switch numbers for now, and I'll text you later tonight."

 

After school, Hara decided to pay a visit to the local library. When she entered, she was hit with the smell of raw meat. She felt her head becoming light headed from that scent. That was the only thing she was able to smell during school, other than the several times she smelt the pine trees and mint. To her surprise she actually liked that scent.

She scanned through the library, trying to find the isle she needed. She was going to give up and ask the librarian, but then she saw light appearing from an isle what wasn't far from her.

At first Hara thought it was a fire, but when she looked around to see if anyone was looking at the light that was coming from the isle; everyone was doing their own business. It's like no one saw the light that was coming from the isle. As she turned her head to walk away, she saw the light becoming stronger. She felt like the light was calling her, telling her to approach it. Hara thought that she would be scared, but to her surprise she wasn't. She felt like a heavy weight was lifted off her shoulders as she walked towards the calling light.

When she approached in front of the isle, the light disappeared. The saw the title of the isle and to her revelation, it was the isle she was looking for.

Supernatural and Immortal Creatures.

Hara thought that it was a dumb idea at first, but she soon realized that there was something freaky about herself and some kids from school. She scanned through the isle, grabbing books that would interest her;
About werewolves.

Are werewolves real?

Book on all immortal creatures.

Everything you need to know about werewolves.

As Hara was still scanning through a book, a new wave of scent entered her nose. It wasn't the ones she smelt at school. This scent was different, and it smelt heartwarming. A combination of ginger, cinnamon and a dash of pumpkin. Hara felt her belly growling, remembering that she only had breakfast today.

Some pumpkin pie would be soooooo good right now.

She felt the presence of someone approaching her, and when she turned around too look, there was a male entering into the isle. The heartwarming scent got stronger, and again she got another word pounding into her head.

Guardians. Guardians. Guardians.

This time she wasn't surprised by the words that came into her head. She was at the library for a reason, right? A male entered into the isle and he glanced at Hara before grabbing a book. From the corner of her eye, Hara was able to see that he had a skinny frame and brown coloured hair. He was a few inches taller than Hara, since she was 5'6 he was around 5'9? 

"You're into supernatural stuff?" he asked her, pointing at the stack of books in between the both of them. She gave a small chuckle, "A small interest." He nodded before taking a few steps closer to her and eyed her books, "Ah, you're into werewolves?" Hara didn't know this male, but she wasn't scared of him. She wasn't scared of him, she sensed that she knew him, from somewhere? His face was unrecognizable to her, and she's never heard his voice either. Prehaps he was an old classmate? No, as far as Hara remembered, even though she hardly interacted with people in her class, she could recognize their faces anywhere.

"Yeah," she breathed out, realizing that she was holding her breath the whole time. He nodded picking up one of her books and opening it, "You know they say that wolves wander in the forests at night."

She scoffed, "That's impossible, they're not real." Lies. She had some researching to do. He shook his head, "There's rumors that my grandfather used to tell me about wolves. He said that they used to live here. He even said that when he was coming home one day, he came into contact with one." Hara looked into his eyes, and something about it was telling her that he wasn't lying. Hara wanted to punch herself, for thinking that. You don't even know who he is, he's probably good at acting.

"Well I suppose the only way to find out if they're real or not is by taking a visit in the woods," he said giving her a nod. He started to walk out of the isle and he stopped at the end, turning to look back at Hara. "You should get home soon, the sun's going down."

The pumpkin scent left the library and Hara was left alone, once again. Is he being serious about the wolves? Are they actually real? She looked at the window, the male was right. The sun was close to setting and Hara grabbed her books.

"Guess there's no time to sleep tonight."

 

Sehun stood outside of the library casually, trying to keep himself from getting bored. He wanted to go inside and talk to Hara, but something stopped him. The library had a new scent, a scent that he only heard about in legends. As Sehun was going to get out his phone, he realized that the unfamiliar scent was getting stronger. Within a few seconds, a male walked out of the library with his hands in his pockets. Sehun could smell a faint trace of lavander on him.

What was he doing in there? And what was he doing with Hara? The male was about to go down the steps when he stopped in his tracks and turned around to face Sehun. 

The male gave Sehun a small nod, and his eyes change from his brown shade to icy blue, "Take care of her."

Sehun chocked on his salvia, not believing who he just came into contact with and with what he said. He just came into contact with a legendary Guardian, he only heard about them in stories when he was a kid. As the male walked away, Sehun stood in his place in shock.

Take care of her? Does that mean he knows about Hara? Does that mean...they know about it?

Sehun gulped in fear. This wasn't good for him but more importantly, this wasn't good for Hara.

"Sehun?" He heard a familiar angelic voice, cut him from his thoughts. He blinked a few times, before realizing who it was; Hara. Her hair was tied into a messy bun, and he realized that she wasn't wearing her school uniform anymore.

"What are you doing here?" She quickly asked, and then covered . "Sorry, that was a stupid question for me to ask." He chuckled, "I was supposed to work on a project with a friend, but I guess he's not coming." His heart started to beat faster. "What about you?"

"Oh, me? " She looked around, like she was nervous. "Nothing, just some research." A frown appeared on his lips, why was she lying to him? What was she trying to hide from him. He looked at the moon appearing on top of them, "The moon looks beautiful tonight." Hara followed his eyes, looking upwards too, "Yeah it does." 

But you're more beautiful than that. Way more beautiful, he wanted to say. Sehun could feel his inner beast wanting to rip out of him, and explore the night., but more importantly, mark Hara. He suddenly realized that he had to go on a hunting trip soon, the pack needed to recharge. Sehun felt his heart sadden, he didn't want to leave Hara alone; not after seeing a protector wandering in this world.

"It's kinda late," Hara said as she started to walk away from Sehun. "I'm going to get going." Sehun softly grabbed her wrist, feeling another electric shock go through his body. How long is the socking going to happen? Just as his hands met her wrist, he felt Hara's hands move from the electric shock too.

"Let me walk you home," he quietly said.

 

"Wow, you live far from school," Sehun said as the both of them were still walking down the street. They were walking for the past 30 minuets, and they weren't even close to Hara's house yet. He was surprised at how fast Hara was able to walk, and she didn't look like she was out of breath. She's probably good at sports or something.

"It takes me about 20 minuets to walk there," she said with a soft chuckle. Sehun was surprised, she's probably really really good at running or something. The question that came out of Hara's mouth almost made Sehun choke in his saliva, again.

"Do you think werewolves are real?"

He looked at her, trying to act normal. He didn't know how to react in a situation like this; if it were a normal human Sehun would've walked away or say no. Since Hara was his mate, he couldn't lie to her. It was impossible. "No."

"Have you heard the rumors about werewolves being in this area?"

His body felt like it was being punched a million times. Why was she asking these questions, right now? At the worst time, when the moon is out and right above them. "When I was younger..." He was now hoping that Hara's house was nearby.

"I should take a visit into the forest one night," she said and Sehun jumped, facing her. He could feel himself transforming, his other half slowly ripping out oh him. "What did you just say? Do you know how dangerous that is?"

She punched him lightly in the arm, "Geez, Sehun I was just joking." Sehun breathed a sigh fo relife, what was she thinking? She stopped in her tracks as they both stood in front of an apartment. "This is where I get off." Sehun nodded, kicking a pebble around the ground. 

"Do you want to come inside and eat something?" She asked as she pushed her bangs out of her face. "I mean, you must be hungry from all the walking, and that's the least I can do to thank you for walking me home. "What about your parents?"

She shook her head, "I live alone."

Sehun was stunned by her answer, "Alone?" He wanted to slap himself for saying that."

"I didn't have a father growing up and my mother...she recently passed away." Sehun wanted to put his arms around Hara and bring her into his embrace, but he just stood there. Hara wasn't getting teary eyed, she didn't even look the slightest upset. She stood in front of him , looking strong and brave. 

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"Are you sure you don't want something to eat?" She asked once again, quickly switching the topic and Sehun shook his head, "I'm good, thanks anyways. I'll get going now Hara, see you tomorrow."

He quickly walked away from her, trying his best not to break into a run. He was now starting to get a bit suspicious of Hara.