Chapter 8.

Moonlight

"You heard him," Chanyeol said. "What do you mean she saw your eye colour change?" Sehun asked. Humans cannot see shape shifters eyes change colours, it's just impractical. Humans eyes are exceedingly weak compared to supernatural creatures. The rate of their eyes shifting colours is too fast for any human to catch.

He thought if Hara saw his eyes change colours. Sehun knew that several times when he was with the female his eyes shifted colours, but he couldn't help himself- it just happened.

"Are you sure she saw it?" Sehun asked. "Sehun, she saw it for sure. She even said to Chanyeol, 'Your eyes, they changed colours.'"

"Impossible, it must have been from the lighting."

"She said that they turned emerald." Kai replied, "and I'm pretty sure that your eyes can't turn to an emerald colour due to lighting." Sehun didn't want to reply to his friends. He knew that Hara was up to something, but why was she hiding it? What was she hiding from them? What is she?

"She's not human for sure," Chanyeol finally spoke up from the silence. "I mean her scent, I've realized it changed but I didn't want to say anything." He sat up straight on Sehun bed, "I mean when she first came to school she had the scent of a human right? But then after a few days passed, I realized that her human scent...it was starting to fade- I don't really know how to say this..it's like the scent completely vanished? Today in class was new, it smelt like..."

"Lavender..." Sehun breathed out. "I thought I was the only one who saw the scent shift away, so I kept it to myself. Tonight, when I walked her home from the library, I picked up the scent too." He realized that he didn't tell the others about who else he encountered. "You guys won't believe who I ran into tonight too."

"Is there anything more strange than Hara?" Kai spoke up, making Sehun throw his text book at him. The male dodged it and it hit the wall, making a loud thud. Within a few seconds, Suho came running into the room.

"What is going on? I'm trying to get some sleep and the only thing I hear is the three of you talking," He pauses and picks up the book, "and now you're throwing stuff? Don't you know the house rules?" Suho was getting grumpy, that's what happens to him when someone disturbs his sleep.

"But.." He dropped the book back on the floor and made himself comfortable on the ground, "I couldn't stop myself from eavesdropping. I heard you all talking about Hara."

Once Hara's name slipped out of his mouth, two other shape shifters came running into the room.

"So you're all talking about gossip without me?" Baekhyun said as he jumped onto Sehuns bed. Sehun wanted to scream at him for making his bed dirty, but he had respect to his elders. Kyungsoo closed the door behind him, "I saw the change in Hara's scent too.." He spoke up then quickly apologized, " Sorry I was eavesdropping too."

Sehun sighed, keeping calm. He knew that his pack was looking out for him and all that they wanted for him was to be safe, and happy. "Where did I stop at?"

"The part where you ran into someone," Chanyeol spoke up and Sehun nodded.

"Right, right. Anyways, I was waiting for Hara to come out of the library because..." He felt his cheeks going red. "Cause whatever. Then, this male walked past me, and he had a scent, a scent that we've only heard about in stories."

"Demons?" Baekhyun asked.

"Nope."

"Eska?" Kyungsoo guessed.

"Nope." He paused, looking at everyone in the eye. "Whose scent has a combination of ginger, cinnamon and a dash of pumpkin?" Everyone in the room stopped breathing, their jaws dropped to the floor.

Suho was breathing heavily, it was like his lungs was going to explode out of him. "You did not just encounter a...Guardian?"

Sehun nodded, "I really did."

"Did he talk to you?" He nodded again, "He told me to take care of her." "So that means he knows about you and Hara," Suho said. His eyes widen and he put his hands on his head, "This is not good. Sehun, no no no this is bad. They know about you and Hara."

"But," Kai said as he sat up straight, "Hara isn't human."

"We don't know that for sure," Kyungsoo commented. Kai shrugged, "Not yet." Suho got up from the ground, patting his pants, "You guys should be getting some sleep, we have to go hunting soon and I don't want any one of you weak." He pointed a finger towards Sehun, "Especially you."



"Hara isn't normal, remember that."

"Yes, I understand."

"She is powerful."

"Yes sir."

"She can kill you within a second."

"I understand."

"She has gifts that everyone craves for, don't you underestimate her. She is faster than a vampire, stronger than a June, more powerful than a witch and wizard combined.." The male paused for a second. "She will not hesitate to kill you once she is in her state. She is the most powerful one of them all, she was created from the legends 1000 years ago. They all live inside of her, and one small mistake can wipe out you-and you're entire species."

"I understand sir, I will not mess up. I will bring Hara here without any problems."

"Remember not to kill her, we need her alive." The male nodded as he relaxed on his throne. "Well then, good luck. Use all the men you need."



"Betrayed? What do you mean betrayed?" She asked her mother. Her mother put her head down, "They don't trust us anymore. Everyone who was on our side have turned their backs onto us." 

"What did we do wrong mother?"

Her mother shook her head again, "It's hard to explain honey, but you must leave. If they find out that you are here, they'll kill you." "Mom, I'm not going to leave you. We can fight back."

"Hara, look at us. We are the only ones that are living and here we are being attacked! Everyone we have trusted, lived with and loved- they are going against us Hara!"

"What about the others? Aren't there more?"

Her mother put her head in her hands and she fell to the ground, "Gone. Gone. Gone. They're all...g-gone." Hara removed her mothers hands from her face, trying her best to hold her tears. She looked at the mothers face, it was soaked with water. "Mom, what do you mean gone?"

"Hara, they're all dead...." Her mother closed her eyes and croaked out, "We're the last ones.."

"Last..last ones?"

Her mother grabbed her hands, "It's not us they want Hara, this is why you should leave. Go back to the human world, they fear to enter there."

"I don't want to go there anymore," She shouted but her mother shook her head. "I don't want to hear any objection, alright? You're going back to the human world and you will be safe there. Never return back here."

Before Hara could reply, the room door opened, "Game over."


hi hi hi

sorry it took me a while to update

i've been busy with high society lol cuz damn sung joon iS HOT

anyways tell me what you think about the story so far!

-SK