Chapter Fifteen

Moonlight

"Hara," Someone called out, patting the female on her feet, "Hara, wake up." She turned around, pulling the covers over her head, "Go away."

"I can't Hara, it's time for you to wake up."

"No."

"Hara, yes it is!" Lay shouted and pulled the covers away from Hara, making her shoot her eyes open, "Yah!"

"It's time to wake up, it's training day."

"Training day?" She asked looking out the window. The sky was still dark, and there wasn't a single hint of the sun, "What time is it?" "Around two in the morning?" Lay shrugged, folding her blanket, "Wait, it's one thirty." He finished, pointing at the clock on the wall, "Hurry up, we're already half an hour late!"

 

Within 10 minuets of Lay nagging Hara to leave the house, Hara managed to grab a white shirt and someones gray sweatpants and have a glass of water before the two were outside, making their way through the woods.

"Why?" Hara asked as she rubbed her eyes, "Why train at two in the morning?" Lay shrugged, "I don't know, I just felt like it."

"You what?"

"I;m joking, it's best to train at a time like this, trust me- you'll feel more alive. The moon is shining right above us," He said pointing at the figure, "It gives us wolves some sort of strength, it's like our motivation. Don't worry, we'll only be training for a couple of hours." The two walked a little more before they reached station one, strenght training, "Oh look- Tao's already here."

"WELCOME YOUNG ONE!" Tao shouted, making Lay throw a rock at time, "Ow-what was that for??" "We're in to woods for god sake, we don't want to attract any strangers." "Chill, I doubt anyone is awake right now--"

"See, so why should I be awake?" Hara bumped in crossing her arms across her chest, "I mean we might as well train at a later time."

"But if we train now, no one will be able to see or hear us," Tao replied making Hara frown. "Where was I?  Yes, welcome to the first station- we'll be doing strength training!"

"Strength training?"

"Yea," Lay replied as he walked over to a tall tree. Grabbing the tree at the bottom, he lifted it up the ground, his mucles tensing as he spoke, "Too see how strong you are. You look a little weak right now, we have to build you up." He put the tree back on the ground and looking around the forest, "Go on, find something that's your type." 

"My type.." Hara mumbled to herself as she walked around the area, feeling Lay's and Tao's eyes on her. After taking a long time to decide what she wanted to pick. Tao quickly changed the activity, "It'll take another 100 years before you'll find a tree your size. We'll just start with arm wrestling, Lay vs Hara, winner vs me." 

To everyone's surprise, Hara won the first round against Lay, and it was an easy win.

"I let her win," the male said, trying to cover up his embarrassment. "I didn't want to go tough on her.." "Uh huh, fine then let's do round two," Hara challenged. Lay agreed and the two got into starting position, Tao holding their hands together, "One, two...three."

The second round was a bit tough, but Hara still managed to beat Lay, a smile glued on to her face from victory, "Don't tell me you didn't go tough this time."

"You're a natural holy."

 

It was past their training time, the sun was up but the three were still competing against each other.

"Alright," Tao announced, getting up from his position on the ground, "Let's just do one more round, I mean it this time. Who ever can run to the waterfall and come back the quickest time, they'll be the winner."

"We've done it several times," Lay groaned, looking at Hara who was still smiling in victory, "We all know who the winner is going to be." He nudged his face to Hara, who still had the smile on her face and she giggled shrugging towards the older male, "I guess I have it in me."

"You really haven't changed," Tao replied as he ran his hand through his hair, "I don't know if you remember, but you and I, we used to have these battles all the time. They were pretty intense, I would transform into a wolf and you would go all magical- and we would just fight. We did get hurt every here and there, but you always knew how to treat the injuries. There was this one battle, I challenged you to fight me with your eyes closed and guess what- you still won."

"Actually?" Hara asked, her face showing interest. "Aw, I wish I could remember...it sounds really fun." Tao nodded in agreement, "The good ol' days." 

"I don't understand why they tried to kill us, it bugs me a lot. Were we evil? Did we not treat you guys right? It sounded like we went against the laws and did something so brutally that made someone want to take over us. I mean, it's crazy to think that everyone we once trusted went behind our backs and killed us all. I wonder, even though I was made from a legened, shouldn't they have tried to kill me first? Or shouldn't they have just killed me instead of everyone else?"

Tao and Lay awkwardly looked at each other, not knowing how to answer the younger one. They didn't know how to prhase it in the right manner, without having her run away or something. If she ran away this time, who knows how long it would take for them to find her. "Um.." Lay started, after receiving several elbow nudges from Tao, "They did try to kill you?"

"They did?"

"Yeah, they did, but obviously they failed..your parents, they, they knew that this whole battle thing was going to happen, so they were prepared to die. Since your father had the power to see glimpses of the future, I guess you could say that it somehow benefited you? Several months before the attack, your father came to us, telling about what he saw. At first, we didn't believe him- no offence though- but we just couldn't believe him. Even though we rejected what his visions told him, he continued to visit us."

"But wasn't my father king? Didn't you know about his powers?"

"Yes, we knew he was king, but when it comes to visions and stuff like that- we have more authority than any royal figure. In order for us to take him and his sayings into consideration, he had to prove it to us..which he did," Lay finish uncomfortably, averting his eyes away from Hara. His memory of how hard her father tried to show the Guardians about his visions, but it didn't work. Lay felt bad for lying to Hara about how her father managed to prove his visions to them, but he felt like it wasn't the best time to tell her everything.

The truth was that the Guardians pushed away Hara's father and his visions. Not a single one of them took his visions into consideration, because they never thought that the attack was going to happen this early. Each individual were too occupied on other things. whenever Hara's father came to their doorsteps, they just turned his back coldly on him. They all thought that they knew when the whole event was going to happen, they guessed several years later than their present time. The Guardians thought they knew more than the queen's father, but the truth was that they were wrong- his visions were right. A parent always knows when their child is in danger.

Tao gave a nod of agreement when he realized the lie that slipped from his friends mouth, and jumped into the conversation.

"Since he showed us his visions- no Hara we'll explain to you later how he did it- we were able to plan accordingly to save you," Tao lied, gulping once he was done. Lay was able to see the small traces of sweat falling on his neck, but that didn't stop Tao. "But we also wanted to save your parents too- but they said to save you first, they commanded us to save you and only you, and they'll take care of everything else. Obviously we couldn't disobey their commands, so we did as told." The last part was true. When the first attack started, Tao and Lay rushed to the king and queen, begging for them to accept their apologies. Having the softest heart as ever, they King said that he understood what they were thinking, and he would have done the same if he were in their position.

 

"But, as King and Queen," The king started, looking at Lay and Tao cold in the eye, "We are commanding you to save Hara."

"But," Tao started, "We can save you too! We can tr--"

"No," The king shouted, "You will save Hara, and her only. Her life is more important than anyone elses, and if you don't save her, you will be sorry."

"What- what about you? And you my queen? You guys wouldn't be safe out there in the battle field," Lay questioned. The king shook his head, putting his hand in the air, "Don't mind my wife and I- we will take care of our selves."

 

"Ohhhh," Hara cooed out, letting all their words sink into her. Lay quickly got up from his position, wiping off the dirt in his pants and looking up in the sky, "Gee, we've been here for a while, huh? I guess it's time we should head back and get something to eat, you've got more training to do? Chen and Luahn would be waiting for you by now." Hara shrugged and got up from her position, quietly walking in between Tao and Lay as questions filled her head about the Guardians that she was with.