Chapter 10.

Moonlight

"What is she doing here?" Sehun cried out as he ran towards his two friends that had his imprintee, with them. "I thought you guys were going to meet up for your project? What the hell happened to her?" 

Kai huffed, he walked past Sehun carrying Hara on his back as he put her on the couch, he tried to be as gentle as possible. "Looks like your girlfriend had a really bad case of hooky and the cold." Sehun ran back to where Hara was, cupping her cheeks in his hand. Her face was so pale and she looked so skinny.

"She's so cold," Sehun spoke as the other members of the pack surrounded him. Baekhyun zipped up his sweater and pulled Chanyeol and Suho next to him, "Too cold."

Sehun couldn't lie, she was indeed extremely cold. Werewolves are known for having the warmest body temperatures known to all supernatural creatures. Vampires were known for having one of the coldest bodies, but it were the Ice Breakers that no one can beat.

But Hara beated the Ice Breakes.

"What happened to her? Why is she so cold?" Sehun continued to question his pack members. He turned around to face them, only getting a glare from Kai. "What? Did she tell something to you guys?"

"She said that she was fine," Chanyeol muttered, looking guilty. "Man, I feel bad, we should have left earlier. I knew something was up the second she fell asleep at the cafe." Sehun shook his head, he was glad that his friends were worried about Hara, but he knew questioning them would be no use.

Before he could open his mouth to call out Suho to help him, he felt the male's body next to him. "She's your imprintee Sehun, I'll try my best." Baekhyun came out of the kitchen running with a bowl of water and Kyungsoo quietly slipped away from the group.

Similar to Sehun, Suho was born with a special ability. He had the gift of controlling water and the gift of healing. Suho closed his eyes and lifted up his hands, moving them slowly left to right. The water raised and gracefully followed his hand motion as it made its way on top of Hara's body. When it reached the surface of her body, it started to glow a bright shade of blue, it was brighter than the clear blue skies. 

All the boys were surprised, this was the first time it ever happened. When Suho would do it on the other members, there would be a small glow of green light, but that's all. The blue shade got bigger and bigger until it covered the water. Suho was peacefully moving his hands when the water suddenly splashed onto all of them, making them wet.

Suho opened his eyes, blinking in confusion. Hara's body was still cold, her face was still pale and she looked so weak. Sehun's heart ached to see his imprintee looking so small and frail, he wanted to scream. He felt so vulnerable all of the sudden, because here he is, looking at his imprintee not being able to do anything.

"I think since she's a human, my healing won't work on her?" Suho asked. "It worked on that girl in school who hit her head, remember?" Kai commented, " I think we should bring her to the hospital. Maybe she caught some human flu that Suho can't med."

"No!" Kyungsoo cried, running back to the pack. "Bringing her back to the hospital is the worst this possible, it'll reveal everything." He sat down knelled next to Sehun with a book in his hand. "It'll reveal everything, about her and about us."

"About her?"

"Did you already forget about the conversation we had the other night? About Hara not being a human," He looked over at Baekhyun, "Bring me the thermometer in the library, I forgot to get it." Baekhyun groaned but he walked away and Kyungsoo continued talking, "We- well most of us verified that Hara isn't a human right? I mean, can a human be this cold? No."

"So what are you trying to do right now?" Sehun asked, a hint oh hope rising in his voice. If the doctors can't help her, who can?

Baekhyun came back with the thermometer and passed it to Kyungsoo, "Well we're going to use this," he said wiggling the thermometer in his hand, " and see her temp." The thermometer that Kyungsoo used wasn't the ones that are used for humans, this version was specifically created for supernatural creatures. The temperature had higher or lower levels, and more bizarre temperature compared to humans.

"Oh bloody damn," Kyungsoo muttered before Sehun grabbed the thermometer from his hand. His eyes were about to pop out from the temperature written in the thermometer, "Is this even possible? I've never heard about a creature who can be this cold?"

"That's the other problem," Kyungsoo replied getting up. "Well that's the end of it." He picked up the book with him and started to walk away from Hara. "Where are you going? She still isn't awake!"

Kyungsoo shrugged, "Sehun, I'm sorry. If Suho's healing didn't work and neither this book, I don't know what to do. You just have to let her rest."

"I just can't leave Hara there!" Sehun shouted, making Kyungsoo flinch from the tone of his voice. "She's going to die if we leave her alone!"

"Sehun, I hope you know that I'm not a doctor, or a healer or a mage of any sort. I'm just a werewolf like you, and I really want to help."

"Then do something!" Sehun shouted, anger boiling in his blood. He didn't know why he was shouting at Kyungsoo, he should be thanking him for helping him out. Sehun should just shut his mouth, and thank Suho too. He felt grateful for his pack members helping him out. It wasn't even their own imprintee, but here they are helping him out.

Somehow, he just felt unsatisfied for the fact that she still wasn't awake. He only wanted a simple answer, a clue or hint, somehow just to her get awake.

"I tried Sehun w---"

"Then try harder you bastard child!" Sehun finally roared, the anger leaving his body. He saw Kyungsoo's eyes widen from his comment and he growled at Sehun, taking a step closer to him. Sehun didn't even think before he shouted at Kyungsoo, how can he call him a bastard child? That was out of the line. That was one of Kyungsoo's weakness, calling him a bastard child, because he was one. 

Kyungsoo's past was the most harsh, the harshest thing Sehun has thought about. But now here he was, standing in front of , calling him by his true name.

Suho defensively stood next to Kyungsoo, holding him back from ripping out Sehun's gut. "Sehun..leave now."



Kai got up from the couch that he was sitting on and walked over to a half-pissed off Kyungsoo who sat at a table across from him, "Is..is there possible another creature that can turn as cold as Hara? Is she some other sort of ice breaker?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, "Ice breakers only live up north, remember?" Kai nodded, feeling stupid for asking the question. How could he have asked such a dumb question, "Well, is there any creature that can go this cold when they're sick?"

Kyungsoo threw the book that was next to him to Kai, "Go read. I don't care about Sehun or his stupid imprintee." Kai sighed leaning against the table, "At first, I was like that you know? Not wanting to care about Hara. Why? Well maybe because I don't even know, she seemed so sketchy...she seemed so fake to me. Obviously since she was Sehun's imprintee, somehow, I knew that something was up. A human attracting a werewolf? Impossible." He paused for a second looking over at Kyungsoo to see if he was listening. The male put his head down on the table, so Kai continued talking.

"After seeing Hara, I knew that somehow she wasn't human, but she wasn't a werewolf. She seems so different compared to use creatures, usually I'm happy whenever we come into contact with another creature in the human world. But with Hara, I just wanted to hate her; her vibe wasn't good for me. But after seeing how crazy Sehun was for her, I knew that I had to drop the hate for her.

"Anyways, to make it short, when we saw Hara at the cafe today...she looked so weak. She was pale, she got more thin and she looked so dead. I was confused seeing how cold her body was, I was wondering if she was a dead corpse. I never saw someone looking so weak and vulnerable, so I knew that for Sehun, we had to watch out for her. What I wanted to say was...if you're mad at Sehun, be mad at him."

"But he was there for us when we went through our hardest times, and I think that now it's time we pay back to him. None of us has had any experience with an imprintee and since Sehun is the youngest of our pack, we have to look out for him. I know that you know that he didn't mean to call you a bastard child, it's just not him. We may not understand what he's going through right now, but the only thing we can do is stay by his side and help him out."

When Kai exhaled his breath after speaking, he somehow felt lighter, better. Ever since Hara came, he had a dark cloud over him but not the cloud was finally clear, he felt so fresh. Speaking his mind out to someone, while they were sleeping made him feel better. He looked at Kyungsoo once again, the male was still in the same position. Kai placed the book next to Kyungsoo, "It's your call."

Just as he reached the top of the stairs of the basement, he heard Kyungsoo call him out. "There's something that could help us out with Hara.."



Hara saw a male, who was old, walk towards her. "Hara, how are you doing?" She realized his face, it was the old man from the bookstore. The one who came to her mother funeral, the one who gave her the book.

"What are you doing?" She looked around, only seeing nothing but black. "Where- where am I?"

He smiled at her, "Remember when I told your mother how you looked like a supernatural creature?" Hara was confused at first and the elderly man continued talking. "Don't worry Hara, I will answer your questions. We only have a limited amount of time before you wake up." He held his hand out, "Follow me."


-SK