Chapter 9.

Moonlight

The next few days Hara decided to skip school. At first it was one day, but she decided to skip another day. She knew that it was rude of her to skip class, but she'll catch up anyways. On the third day when she got ready to go to school, a massive headache attacked her that she had to stay home the whole day. Then came a fever that night. Followed by chills.

It was very rare that Hara got sick, from what she remembered. She remembered her mother talking about how she was grateful that Hara hardly, no she never caught a cold ever. Not even a small cough or a runny nose. Her mother used to stock up on medicine just in case if anything came by, but Hara never got sick.

The thought of her Mother gave her a stomach a flip. She expected her heart to grow sad and her eyes to be filled tears while her brain shows her memories of her and her mother, but nothing happened. She didn't feel sad that her mother wasn't with her, and she didn't feel her head go dizzy with the thought of her mother being dead.

People always said how Hara and her mother never looked alike. They always said that Hara didn't have a single resemblance of her mother and that she looked more striking than korean females. A sudden past memory came into Hara's mind, when her and her mother came into contact with an elderly man at a vintage book store.

"Is that your daughter, ma'am?" He asked, nodding towards Hara. Her mother nodded, "Yes, yes she is."

He took a good look at Hara, again, before putting down his book that was in his hands, "She doesn't look like you."

"I get that a lot, I think she looks more like her father." Her mother replied, as she wrapped an arm around her 12 year old daughter. The elderly man came out of the cash register and stood at a safe distance from the mother.

"No, she doesn't look like the other Korean girls," He said putting a hand under is chin. "Give me a second." Hara's mother took the book that her daughter was asking to buy.

"Do you want to buy this honey?" She asked and Hara nodded. Her mother read out loud the book title, "Everything you need to survive in the other world. Hara, I never knew you were interested in fantasy books."

Hara shrugged, "Neither did I."

The man returned back, but he wasn't alone. He came back with a big, brown book, "Ah, here we go." He flipped through a couple of pages before he slammed his hand on a certain page. "Yes, I found it." He lifted up the book and faced it towards the mother, "This is who your daughter looks like."

Her mother grabbed the book, trying to avoid the annoying arms of her daughter who was trying to get a view. Her breath stopped at the page he was talking about, "Are you saying that my daughter looks like...that? A mythical creature?"

"Mom! May I see what he was talking about?" Hara asked, as her hands clasped the ends at the corners of the book. Her mother tugged the books out of her hands and gave it back to the elderly man. "I'm sorry, but my daughter doesn't look like a fake thing." She put Hara's and her books on the counter, 'We're buying these. Hara, honey, get ready to leave."

"Fake? You think that these creatures are fake?" he asked as he scanned the books. Her mother paid for the price of the books, and got the bag with the books in them. "They're everything but fake."

"Well they aren't real."

"That's what you think," the male replied as Hara's mother escorted her out of the store. "You just wait and see about your daughter there, she isn't one of us!" Those were the last words Hara heard the male shout before she was pushed out of the store.

"Mother, what does he mean? I don't look like the other girls? Is he trying to say that I look fake?" Hara asked, implying that is he was questioning whether her beauty came from plastic surgery. Hara's mother shook her head and a smile appeared on her face, "Oh dear, you're everything but fake."

Hara thought that it would be the last time she saw the elderly male, but it wasn't. He came to her mothers funeral, with a familiar book in his hand. 

"I'm sorry about the way I acted a couple of years ago," he said before taking a seat next to her. He surely gotten older, but he still looked healthy. "It's just that I never thought I would come into contact with one."

"One of what?" Hara asked. The man smiled at her." I don't think your mother would like me to tell you." He placed the book on her open palms. "When the time comes, all your questions will be solved in this book." He stood up and Hara helped him walk towards the door. "I know that we don't know each other that much, but if you're ever in question, don't hesitate to visit me."

Even though she was first skeptical of this man, after the words came from his mouth, she felt like she could really trust him.

 

It was around 5 in the evening when Hara got a text from someone. Considering how un social Hara was at school, she was surprised to hear her phone ring. With a blanket wrapped around her body tightly, she managed to hop to get her open.

To her surprise, it was Chanyeol;

Seems like we've got someone who likes to play hooky.

It's not my first time doing this and it won't be my last, haha.

Badass over here, huh? Anyways, I was wondering if you want to meet up to start on our project? I hope you haven't forgotten that it's due in less than three days?

Hara smacked herself on her forehead. How could she have forgotten? The project that's going into their final mark, and she hasn't even thought once about it!

I'll finished it all by tonight, don't worry!

NO. We're a group remember? Kai and I have to contribute.

Not if you don't want to.

Who said we don't want to help?

Hara didn't reply. First, because she was tired. Second, because she was tired and she didn't want to deal with Chanyeol at the moment.

Want to meet at the library?

Before she could reply, Chayeol sent another text.

Nevermind, that's too far from your house.  We'll just meet up at the cafe across that's near the school. The one with the bear as the logo, what's it called?

Lol, idk.

Hara felt bad for being dry to Chanyeol while he was trying to make a conversation with her, but she didn't feel like texting him. Nor did she feel like getting up and leave just to work on the stupid project. Her body was starting to feel so weak ever since this morning, and now her leg muscles were screaming in pain. She wrapped her blanket around her, closing her eyes and trying to catch some sleep before she met up with Chanyeol and Kai. 

But how did Chanyeol know that the distance between her house and the library wasn't close?



Hara pulled her hands out of her grey hoodie pocket as she opened the doors of the cafe. She stepped inside and took of her hood, trying to find her group parters. She sensed a couple of students from school eye her, but when she made eye contact with them, they all averted their eyes away from her. She was able to smell the familiar scent that Sehun had, and she knew that she came to the right cafe.

"Hara, over here!" She heard a deep voice call her, and she knew it was Chanyeol. She turned to the right, seeing an over-excited Chanyeol and an unhappy Kai at a table next to the window. She walked over to the males, taking a seat in between them, but making sure to keep a healthy distance from the unhappy male. 

"Took you long enough," Chanyeol said as he was on his phone. Kai didn't even bother to greet her, his eyes were focused on the people outside. Chanyeol continued talking, "We were just about to leave...oh damn Hara, what happened?"

She looked over at Chanyeol, and from the corner of her eye, she saw Kai turn to face her. His unhappy expression dropped, and to her surprise, he look concerned. 

"What happened to you?" Chanyeol asked before he shuddered. "Damn, is it just me or did the temperature just drop 20 degrees?" She saw Kai's eyes never leave hers, he opened his mouth to say something but then closed it.

"You're so pale Hara," Chanyeol commented, putting his phone inside his pocket. "You look so thin right now, Hara. Are you alright? Have you caught a cold?" She shook her head, "I'm alright."

She felt someones hand touch her cheek, and she knew who it was.

"Kai--"

He took his hand away from here cheek, wiping it on his pants. "Hara, you're bodys temperature is really cold right now. You feel like a dead corpse."

"I'm fine. Can we start on the project now?"

"Your body temperature is really cold, for a human." The way he said human sounded like he was in disgust. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I know my own body, alright? Now leave me out of the topic," She snapped making the boys flinch back at her tone. To her luck, the boys dropped the topic about her and they managed to finish their project within four hours. 

The trio stepped out of the cafe, and Hara regretted the minuet she left the cafe. Her body felt so cold and weak, that she tripped on her stped, stumbling onto Kai. He held her for a minuet, looking deep into her eyes. She saw his eyes filled with warmth for a second, but it was gone. "Get off me."

"Sorry," she said as she put her hood on her head. "God, it's really cold right now."

Chanyeol chuckled, "Are you kidding me? I'm starting to sweat!"

She forced a smile on her lips, "Alright, I'll get going now. See you later." She turned around and started to walk the direction she came from, almost falling, if it weren't for the hand that caught her. She looked up again, meeting with Kai's eyes.

"Let go of me." She said as she stood up straight. His grip on her didn't leave and she tried to move her arm away, "Kai, let go." A smirk appeared on his lips, " Look at what time it is. You think you can walk alone at night? Aren't you scared of the wild things that might appear to a girl while she's walking home alone?"

"The only wild thing that I'll be coming into contact is you," She hissed. Her body was getting colder and her legs were turning into jelly. Hara wanted to go home and wrap herself up in her blanket and go to bed. "You'll be scared of me if you don't let go."

Before Kai could reply, Chanyeol walked into the two bickering. "Kai does have a point. It isn't safe for you to walk home alone at this time at night, and are you sure you're alright? You fell asleep three times while we were working on the project and now here you are tripping."

Hara wanted to scream. She wanted to scream so loud that everyone would hear the pain that she was going through right now. She wanted to scream so hard so the pain would leave her body. She felt a massive headache pound her head, her body going cold and her legs failing on her. The last thing she remembered was falling into Kai's arms,

again.

 

 


ohhh damn

Kai and Hara getting spicy I see???jks. he h8's her. but i luv him

Anyways tell me how this chapter was! I would really love it if I could get some feedback.

p.s I've been starting to watch Game of Thrones, does anyone else watch it??

-SK